Wolfenstein II Announced

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46230 Posts

Wolfenstein II was announced with a quite a good reveal trailer:

Gameplay starts at 6:55

This game looks so much fun. Now you'll be able to dual wield different kind of weapons, burst through walls... and in general the game seems to take the best parts of first person shooters and reminds me of TPS like Max Payne as well.

Machine Games is also pretty good at the parody/alternate reality stuff and I can't wait to start blasting some nazis in America !

Anyone know if it'll have multiplayer ? Game was announced with a season pass, but no idea if that is for MP or SP.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

When that footage started I genuinely thought they had just ripped something from the 1950's.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

When that footage started I genuinely thought they had just ripped something from the 1950's.

For the last Wolfenstein they made lots of parodies of famous 1960s songs and turned them into a German version.

Now they had a cat watching American TV turned German, I love it :D

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I keep replaying Wolfenstein TNO and TOB so can't wait to play this one. Altough I would love some multiplayer.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k

@speedfog said:

I keep replaying Wolfenstein TNO and TOB so can't wait to play this one. Altough I would love some multiplayer.

Hmmm as far as I can tell there is no multiplayer in this one. Which is unfortunate since I'd love a return to RTCW or Enemy Territory style online and the shooting mechanics of these new wolfensteins would work great against other people !

Still, as far as singleplayer is concerned this looks like a step up from the previous games:

-More weapons

-More over the top stuff

-One handed SMGs and shotguns

-Dual wielding different types of weapons

-Crazy over the top weapons that disintegrate enemies.

I love The New Order and The Old Blood too ! I can not wait to get my hands on this game. Some screenshots:

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

I wish Id software bought back its baby wolfenstein and make it like RTCW.

even 2009 was tons better than new order.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

That looked awesome!

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

too many cutscene too many women too many nazis

sniper doesnt approve

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k

@Epak_ said:

That looked awesome!

Indeed it did. I'm wondering what's in the season pass (since it has no Multiplayer announced so far)

But it looks like I'm getting this day one :)

@funsohng said:

too many cutscene too many women too many nazis

sniper doesnt approve

Sure, but I'm interested to hear your opinion on the game :P

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

New Orleans? Judging by some of the themes present it looks to take place in the 60's. I'm curious to see how the Nazi/KKK relationship will be addressed or if that specific scene is just a non issue.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Why even show footage of this game showing him dual wielding things that aren't two-automatic shotguns? That should have been all the footage+gib shots lol

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k

@Solaryellow said:

New Orleans? Judging by some of the themes present it looks to take place in the 60's. I'm curious to see how the Nazi/KKK relationship will be addressed or if that specific scene is just a non issue.

Wolfenstein The New Order took place in the early 60s (61-62) I think. So I presume this one'll take place in the late 60s: 1967, 68, 69.

It seems that Nazis have found an ally in America for their global domination. As KKK members also believe in white superiority and ideas like a 'master race'

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funsohng

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Solaryellow said:

Wolfenstein The New Order took place in the early 60s (61-62) I think. So I presume this one'll take place in the late 60s: 1967, 68, 69.

It seems that Nazis have found an ally in America for their global domination. As KKK members also believe in white superiority and ideas like a 'master race'

I'm assuming this is '61. TNO was '60. If this was late 60s, Anya's pregnancy becomes REALLY weird.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@speedfog said:

Hmmm as far as I can tell there is no multiplayer in this one. Which is unfortunate since I'd love a return to RTCW or Enemy Territory style online and the shooting mechanics of these new wolfensteins would work great against other people !

Still, as far as singleplayer is concerned this looks like a step up from the previous games:

-More weapons

-More over the top stuff

I love The New Order and The Old Blood too ! I can not wait to get my hands on this game. Some screenshots:

This was real wolfenstein. crazy Sci fi in WW2 with a great badass soundtrack instead of shitty songs, no cutscenes interupting gameplay, no more forced follow sequence, no fighting giant robots. it has nazis, nazi zombies, monsters, Castles

RTCW was masterpiece. It was incredible game. BJ blazkowics play much better in RTCW than new wolf game where he is angry man with emotions and love interest.

New order should have been new IP with sequel called new clossus instead of wolfenstein name slap on it in order to sell.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng

@ghosts4ever: Then go play Old Blood?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@funsohng said:

@ghosts4ever: Then go play Old Blood?

played it. and that was still crap.

Magic of RTCW gone with machinegames wolfenstein. Id software should have been developer of new wolfenstein imagine how great it would be. almost as good as Doom.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

SNIPER hates all the fun stuff.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k

@funsohng said:

I'm assuming this is '61. TNO was '60. If this was late 60s, Anya's pregnancy becomes REALLY weird.

Oh yeah, good point :p

I was just assuming it took place later in the 60s, because BJ sports a fashionable leather jacket now :D

And the weaponry has also evolved. But It'll probably take place months, a half a year or a bit longer, after The New Order.

@ghosts4ever said:

This was real wolfenstein.

Why are you showing me screenshots of RTCW ?

A game which, by the way, you never even played multiplayer off so you don't even know the half of how amazing RTCW was.

Go back and educate yourself, before you try educating other people. Please.

@jg4xchamp said:

Why even show footage of this game showing him dual wielding things that aren't two-automatic shotguns? That should have been all the footage+gib shots lol

Because dual wieling a one handed SMG and a one handed shotgun loops really cool too ^^

Plus you'll be able to dual wield all the insane guns too: Dual wielding an automatic shotgun + disintegrator.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k: because I played RTCW for SP and it was one of the best SP FPS of its time.

I will even take COD WW2 over wolf 2 any day.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I loved the previous two and this one looks even better. The characters and dialogue make these good.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@funsohng:

Rofl

Anyway the game looked pretty damn awesome. I love the gunplay in tno and this looks to expand on that. And id tech 6 sure is purdy engine. Heres hoping for 60 fps

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 funsohng

@22Toothpicks: if Doom is any indication, I think it should run mighty fine.

I really hope they make the cutsxenes 60fps though.

Baron_Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#23 Baron_Machina
Member since 2017 • 273 Posts

This was definitely my favorite game shown at Bethesda's conference. The New Order and The Old Blood knew how to create a serious and emotional story while at the same time keeping true to Wolfenstein's over the top nature, and looks like this is doing the same.

Also, I'm really curious about the monkey with the cat's head.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 22Toothpicks

@funsohng:

Yeah im pretty confident they will deliver. The only thing that might be a roadblock are the more open environments in wolf. Doom looks and plays great but its level designs are pretty narrow in scope.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I am excited

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 22Toothpicks

I feel like every dev should try out either id tech 6 or frostbite engines. They just seem so damn versatile and efficient.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funsohng

@22Toothpicks: was it? I only played demo of Doom but it seemed pretty open.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 22Toothpicks

@funsohng said:

compared to what we saw in the new wolf trailer it's less spacious for sure. that's not to say it's small or that it's a bad thing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k

@baron_machina said:

This was definitely my favorite game shown at Bethesda's conference. The New Order and The Old Blood knew how to create a serious and emotional story while at the same time keeping true to Wolfenstein's over the top nature, and looks like this is doing the same.

Also, I'm really curious about the monkey with the cat's head.

Yeah I really liked TNO and TOB's narrative as well, I mean I really liked BJ's inner dialogue and his voice acting. It was quite soothing compared to all the action going on !

Like: Yeah I can totally get behind this guy keeping his cool when he's firing two automatic shotguns at a group of incoming nazis while being hunted by nazi robots :D

Also what was up with that ending ? :P

Great trailer, so far the best I've seen at E3 and it makes you want for more!

@22Toothpicks said:
@funsohng said:

compared to what we saw in the new wolf trailer it's less spacious for sure. that's not to say it's small or that it's a bad thing.

Is this game running on ID tech 6 ?

I mean the last DOOM game had some open areas, but those arenas didn't feel much bigger than some open parts in the last wolfenstein game. Ok, sure DOOM at times had some very big shooting arenas, while Wolfenstein had some very tight corridors at times. but overall I feel both games level design was pretty on point.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 22Toothpicks

@R4gn4r0k:

yes it is and don't get me wrong i'm not complaining about the level design in any of the recent wolf or doom games!

did you get the feeling that they are going for like a pseudo-open world kind thing in this new wolf? I'm not expecting a full on open world but from the trailer it seems the environments were much larger than the sometimes very linear tno maps.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

@22Toothpicks said:

@R4gn4r0k:

yes it is and don't get me wrong i'm not complaining about the level design in any of the recent wolf or doom games!

did you get the feeling that they are going for like a pseudo-open world kind thing in this new wolf? I'm not expecting a full on open world but from the trailer it seems the environments were much larger than the sometimes very linear tno maps.

Good to hear they are ditching ID tech 5 ! I suppose The Evil within 2 is also using the new ID tech now ?

___

Hmmm the way I see it is we can expect levels which are very much designed like TNO/TOB but maybe a bit more expansive ? I doubt they'll go open world or even semi open world (maybe a hub town ?) and I wouldn't like open world here either.

I posted a few screenshots here in this thread, and though it may be hard to tell, it does still seem pretty linear STOP IT, GAME INDUSTRY! I didn't mean linear as in bad :P

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 22Toothpicks

@R4gn4r0k:

im with ya, man. im all for a more linear experience if i get to go to new and interesting locales frequently within in a game. tightly designed and unique environments always trump spacious, in other words empty, open world environments that i will traverse a hundred times during a playthrough. it's pretty rare for me to not become bored of an open world map very quickly.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k

@22Toothpicks: Yeah, plus I hate backtracking :P

Also, sometimes I see people complain about a lack of a 'quick travel option' in open world games... Uhm, no ! The problem is you made your world not interesting enough so people wanna quick travel through it. If quick travel is a much needed option, you need to make your world more interesting and feel more grounded.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 22Toothpicks

@R4gn4r0k:

once again you and i are on the same page! a game like gtav, even with all it's faults, is at least entertaining to traverse because of the crazy attention to detail and atmosphere. same thing goes for botw but for different reasons: i feel like no matter what direction i travel i am bound to encounter something/someone interesting.

no one want to constantly travel an ubi open world game.lol

Baron_Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By Baron_Machina
Member since 2017 • 273 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Also what was up with that ending ? :P

They probably wanted to add another weird and over the top bit to the story.

Ain't nothing weird like an acid trip!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Please, please don't make me pick up everything by pressing a button.

Auto-pickup, please, please, please, you doughnuts.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@speedfog said:

-More weapons

-More over the top stuff

Those screenshots are looking great.

Wonder if they'll be using that laser cutter again :P.

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

This was my favorite game shown yesterday. I'm so excited for it.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#39 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

I went through a period of renting a bunch of single player only games a long while back and Wolfenstein was one of them. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would have bought it (maybe not for $79.99 CAD, but still). Once the E3 dust settles and some games get delayed, I may end up adding this one to my list for this year.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Awesome!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

Please, please don't make me pick up everything by pressing a button.

Auto-pickup, please, please, please, you doughnuts.

I saw a lot of complaints about having to pick up armor and ammo for all the weapons in TNO.

Didn't bother me that much but sure, it's a quick fix and just running over stuff could be enough to add it to your inventory.

@lilseb93 said:

This was my favorite game shown yesterday. I'm so excited for it.

Best trailer I've seen at E3 for sure !

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I hope LTO's version has manual pick up, that takes twice as long.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@jg4xchamp said:

I hope LTO's version has manual pick up, that takes twice as long.

and sometimes BJ's clumsy hands will drop something he is trying to pick up...

in the middle of a boss fight ^_^

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

So I can fight Nazis and the KKK, I'm down

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k

@drlostrib said:

So I can fight Nazis and the KKK, I'm down

It's Doctor Lost Rib now ? :O

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

You all seen the beautiful footage for The Evil Within 2, and Wolfenstein 2 right? That's the power of the Xbox One X baby!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

You all seen the beautiful footage for The Evil Within 2, and Wolfenstein 2 right? That's the power of the Xbox One X baby!

Can't wait to play Wolfenstein in 4k! The hard part is going to be trying to hold out on playing it day 1, and waiting till XB1 X comes out.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Can't wait to play Wolfenstein in 4k! The hard part is going to be trying to hold out on playing it day 1, and waiting till XB1 X comes out.

Nice Ori sig, mate !

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Lol cheers... definitely one of this year's announcements I'm most excited about.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k

@hrt_rulz01: This E3 was filled with surprise announcement and announcements to games I love for me :D

Seriously, it couldn't have been better imo.

Now I just gotta finish Ori and the blind forest, ahaha !