Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

The titles keep stacking up!

At this rate the whole world will be in 4K when its all said and done on The Mighty One X.

Last month at E3 2017, Bethesda unveiled the next entry to its Nazi-slaying shooter series, with the debut of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Following an alternate history set after Nazi forces won the Second World War, the game follows on from the events of 2014's "The New Order" with a new angle on its dystopian world.

It now appears that Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus will be getting some notable upgrades for Xbox One X, as detailed on the game's dedicated page on the official Xbox site. For the first time, we now know the game will leverage the additional resources of Microsoft's upcoming flagship console, with support for both 4K resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR).

Although Microsoft is touting 4K support for The New Colossus, it's currently unknown how the game will achieve this resolution. While the 4K label indicates a native 2160p output, other techniques such as checkerboarding or a dynamic resolution may be used. Nevertheless, the game will undoubtedly sport some enhancements over the traditional Xbox One version.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Doesn't say native:/

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

lmao!

MULTIPLAT CONFIRMED FOR XBOX ONE X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to be inundated with this hilarious bullshit from 'proud' Xbox fans right up to launch.

Xbox One X CONFIRMED to have all the same games you are already playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Although Microsoft is touting 4K support for The New Colossus, it's currently unknown how the game will achieve this resolution. While the 4K label indicates a native 2160p output, other techniques such as checkerboarding or a dynamic resolution may be used

so maybe 4k-ish

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

LOL.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

Yawn. It shouldn't be seen as a great positive if a game is native 4k, unless it's graphically primitive. If Wolfenstein II is gonna run at that resolution on the One X, then we're likely looking at a 30FPS ultra-ish version, or 60FPS mid-high settings. Neither is that appealing.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

4k checkerboxed?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

So FauxK?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

So FauxK?

Looks like it.

Hilarious considering lems were making fun of checkerboarding and upscaling this time last year on the PS4 Pro. They are a bunch of sad hypocrites and clowns.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kuu2

@pinkanimal said:

So FauxK?

@quadknight said:
@pinkanimal said:

So FauxK?

Looks like it.

Hilarious considering lems were making fun of checkerboarding and upscaling this time last year. They are a bunch of sad hypocrites and clowns.

4K drives all the ALTs and Cows so crazy.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@whalefish82:

The new order wasn't hard to max out at 1080p with Nvidia Kepler 660/760 gpu or AMD 7850 gpu and get 60 fps average. But since Wolf 2 seems to use id 6 engine same as Doom, 4k 60fps shouldn't be too hard with a mix of high & few ultra settings. AMD's Fury is able to get average of 50 fps Full Ultra settings with TSSAA at 4k.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 QuadKnight

@kuu2 said:
@pinkanimal said:

So FauxK?

@quadknight said:
@pinkanimal said:

So FauxK?

Looks like it.

Hilarious considering lems were making fun of checkerboarding and upscaling this time last year. They are a bunch of sad hypocrites and clowns.

4K drives all the ALTs and Cows so crazy.

? Sorry I can't hear you, my GTX 1070 equipped PC is laughing at you and your FauxK gameless FlopboneX. Were you saying something?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@quadknight said:
@pinkanimal said:

So FauxK?

Looks like it.

Hilarious considering lems were making fun of checkerboarding and upscaling this time last year on the PS4 Pro. They are a bunch of sad hypocrites and clowns.

Anyway, I can't wait to play Wolfenstein on X. Gonna be tough not to pick it up on the 27th & play it on my S, but I gotta hold out for X!

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Place hasn't changed one bit. PC>everything. As simple as that.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@pinkanimal said:

So FauxK?

Looks like it.

Anyway, I can't wait to play Wolfenstein on X. Gonna be tough not to pick it up on the 27th & play it on my S, but I gotta hold out for X!

So much lemming asshurt.

It's simple, if you want true 4K and real power invest in a PC.

As long as you continue to invest in a shit console with no exclusives you'll continue to remain a sad and butthurt lemming clown and I'll continue to laugh at you.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01

@quadknight: Lmao, yeah I'm the "asshurt" one... Still can't handle the fact that Xbox will have a more powerful console than what your Sony overlords offer I see. Oh that's right, you're hiding behind PC now. LMAO. Gtfo.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@quadknight: Lmao, yeah I'm the "asshurt" one... Still can't handle the fact that Xbox will have a more powerful console than what your Sony overlords offer I see. Oh that's right, you're hiding behind PC now. LMAO. Gtfo.

PS4 was never the most powerful system around, that distinction has always belonged to PC. I've always advocated PC if you are chasing after power, consoles are for amazing AAA exclusives which the Xbox is currently lacking. It's the reason I've been a PC/PS4 gamer since I started posting on this forum.

GTFO with your butthurt lemming tears. Your shit console neither has the AAA-AAAAE games of a good console like PS4 nor the true 4K of a PC, it's a joke like you lems are.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

PS4 was never the most powerful system around, that distinction has always belonged to PC. I've always advocated PC if you are chasing after power, consoles are for amazing AAA exclusives which the Xbox is currently lacking.

GTFO with your butthurt lemming tears. Your shit console neither has the AAA-AAAAE games of a good console like PS4 nor the true 4K of a PC, it's a joke like you lems are.

Lmao... Good ol' Quacknight goalpost moving as usual.

You're the worst kind of fanboy... when the competition to your corporate overlords bring out a product that's better than what you have been touting/supporting all gen, you run off and hide behind something else. Lmao. And I bet when PS5 comes out you'll come crawling back. You're a disgrace to your fellow cows. Do us all a favour and go away.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By QuadKnight

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

PS4 was never the most powerful system around, that distinction has always belonged to PC. I've always advocated PC if you are chasing after power, consoles are for amazing AAA exclusives which the Xbox is currently lacking.

You're the worst kind of fanboy... when the competition to your corporate overlords bring out a product that's better than what you have been touting/supporting all gen, you run off and hide behind something else. Lmao. And I bet when PS5 comes out you'll come crawling back. You're a disgrace to your fellow cows. Do us all a favour and go away.

You mean like you clowns have been doing all gen.

You forget when you lems used to say power didn't matter and your eyes couldn't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. Even kuu2 has been quoted several times from threads where he defended 720p.

Now 4K and power is the only thing that matters to you clowns. Last year it was all about "True uncompromised 4K" with you clowns now checkerboard and upscaling is suddenly okay as long as it's on XboneX, am I right? Bunch of failures and clowns like the corporate nitwits that run the Xbox division. ? Charging $500 for a 720p console in 2013 and wondering why it flopped lol, and the fanboys like you that were defending 720p for a solid 4 years lol.

Nah clown, I've been consistent from day one. 720p has always been shit in my eyes and I blasted MS for releasing a 720p console in 2013 and charging $500 to bundle it with a spy cam. PS4 was the better console and still is. As for power, I've constantly maintained PC is where it's at for bleeding edge tech, unlike you clowns I have options and I'm proud of that. PS4 for the epic AAAEs like HZD, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, etc. and PC for simply the best graphics possible and mods. X1X is stuck in the middle and doesn't excel at any one thing and that's the reason it's going to flop. No wonder MS is already researching on a newer console and it hasn't even launched yet.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hrt_rulz01

@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

You mean like you clowns have been doing all gen.

You forget when you lems used to say power didn't matter and your eyes couldn't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. Even kuu2 has been quoted several times from threads were he defended 720p.

Now 4K and power is the only thing that matters to you clowns. Last year it was all about "True uncompromised 4K" with you clowns now checkerboard and upscaling is suddenly okay as long as it's on XboneX, am I right? Bunch of failures and clowns like the corporate nitwits that run the Xbox division. ? Charging $500 for a 720p console in 2013 and wondering why it flopped lol, and the fanboys like you that were defending 720p for a solid 4 years lol.

Lmao... you're good for a laugh. I'll give you that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Incoming checkerboard update.

Also, wake me up when the X1X gets one. single. exclusive.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kuu2

@reduc_ab_ said:

Incoming checkerboard update.

Also, wake me up when the X1X gets one. single. exclusive.

I would tell you to get back in your thread but that ish got the lockdown.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@whalefish82:

The new order wasn't hard to max out at 1080p with Nvidia Kepler 660/760 gpu or AMD 7850 gpu and get 60 fps average. But since Wolf 2 seems to use id 6 engine same as Doom, 4k 60fps shouldn't be too hard with a mix of high & few ultra settings. AMD's Fury is able to get average of 50 fps Full Ultra settings with TSSAA at 4k.

I never played it but I'm sure you're right. However, it still doesn't excite me in any way and I certainly wouldn't class it as a game changer, even if it matched the PC version. As far as I'm concerned, FPS, which was my favourite genre in days gone by, died when multiplayer took centre stage. Wolfenstein slightly bucks that trend but it's not in any way an original take on the genre.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kuu2: Yeah that was my bad. Apparently everyone already knew that MS ditched their VR plans for the X1X. I guess I just heard late.

Anyway, nice try on deflecting my point, which is that the X1X has not a single exclusive, and that this thread will eventually need a "false 4k" update.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kuu2

@reduc_ab_ said:

@kuu2: Yeah that was my bad. Apparently everyone already knew that MS ditched their VR plans for the X1X. I guess I just heard late.

Anyway, nice try on deflecting my point, which is that the X1X has not a single exclusive, and that this will eventually need a "false 4k" update.

Oh the hoping and prayers that a game won't be great. You have zero points as the article I posted states. You Cows will have to endure till these games come out and DF runs their test. Meanwhile 4K will be on the menu for many One X games.

Ouch!

Sony Fan truly are pathetic.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

"4K". Haven't we learned anything over the last month? If it doesn't say it's native it's checkerboard or dynamic scaling or both.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This is what system wars is all about if Xbox one x is 1800p and Ps4 pro is 1400p THATS A DIFFERENCE on my eyes.

I don't care what PC is doing if xbox one x is beating the hell out of ps4 pro thats enough for me to buy it i always like having the strongest console on my tv i don't want the 2nd best i never did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kuu2: Nearly every X1X thread about a game being native 4k has been updated to say that the game in question will, actually, not run in native 4k. It's not too much of a stretch to think it will happen again, don'tcha think?

Also, I love Wolfenstein. I want it to succeed. I'm just saying it won't be native 4k on the X1X, not that I want it to do bad. Go ahead and try to put more words in my mouth though. It won't work.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kuu2

@Zero_epyon said:

"4K". Haven't we learned anything over the last month? If it doesn't say it's native it's checkerboard or dynamic scaling or both.

We have learned that you and the other Cows are taking this power advantage loss really hard.

The Mighty One X is for everyone to enjoy however. You are welcome to enjoy True 4K. Not that ProFauxK stuff that Sony has been feeding you.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kuu2

@reduc_ab_ said:

@kuu2: Nearly every X1X thread about a game being native 4k has been updated to say that the game in question will, actually, not run in native 4k. It's not too much of a stretch to think it will happen again, don'tcha think?

Also, I love Wolfenstein. I want it to succeed. I'm just saying it won't be native 4k on the X1X, not that I want it to do bad. Go ahead and try to put more words in my mouth though. It won't work.

Show a single thread of mine that had to be updated about 4K.

I will wait.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@kuu2 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Anyway, nice try on deflecting my point, which is that the X1X has not a single exclusive, and that this will eventually need a "false 4k" update.

Oh the hoping and prayers that a game won't be great. You have zero points as the article I posted states. You Cows will have to endure till these games come out and DF runs their test. Meanwhile 4K will be on the menu for many One X games.

Ouch!

Sony Fan truly are pathetic.

And less than 4k will be on the menu for many One X games as well.

Ouch!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kuu2: Dude, there were several. I never mentioned your threads. But anyway what would the fact of you not admitting that an X1X game is not native 4k prove? That you're a lem, for one. There's that.

And also, dude, show me this huge list of X1X native 4k games. Go ahead. I'll wait.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kuu2

@reduc_ab_ said:

@kuu2: Dude, there were several. I never mentioned your threads. But anyway what would the fact of you not admitting that an X1X game is not native 4k prove? That you're a lem, for one. There's that.

And also, dude, show me this huge list of X1X native 4k games. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Not what my thread is about.

And all 1st Party games will be in 4K gaurandamnteed. That includes AAA, indies, and anything else.

All gen devs have led with the most powerful console. They ain't going to change that now that the shoe is on the other foot.

If you want to play the best version of games on console The One X has got your back.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

What's there to hide? It's not the fact that we hide, we just simply have a high-end PC. No hiding at all.

Now back on topic: Wolfenstein 2 in 4K isn't something I wouldn't drool on. If anyone wanted to play it in it's 4K glory, they'll do it on a high-end PC hence KB/M is sooo needed anyways. 3rd party game news isn't something I need to know, just tell me something on MS 1st party games.

Edit: Though I will admit, Wolfenstein 2 look awesome from E3 2017, I might get in on PC.

Commiesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Commiesdie
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

I love how all the console scrubs think games look better just bcuz of higher res alone

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

We have learned that you and the other Cows are taking this power advantage loss really hard.

The Mighty One X is for everyone to enjoy however. You are welcome to enjoy True 4K. Not that ProFauxK stuff that Sony has been feeding you.

Ugh. So if this game is checkerboarded, what will be your reaction?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kuu2: Of course that's not what your thread is about. No lem would make a thread about how many games actually run in native 4k on the X1X because the list is very, very small.

But let's talk about what your thread is about: a game you claim is 4k on the X1X, yet the very source you posted does not state "native 4k", which means--drumroll please--it's not actually 4k, but rather partial 4k.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kuu2

@reduc_ab_ said:

@kuu2: Of course that's not what your thread is about. No lem would make a thread about how many games actually run in native 4k on the X1X because the list is very, very small.

But let's talk about what your thread is about: a game you claim is 4k on the X1X, yet the very source you posted does not state "native 4k", which means--drumroll please--it's not actually 4k, but rather partial 4k.

Actually the dev is saying its 4k + HDR. This whole 'it doesn't say native' crap is made up by Cows and Cow sympathizers to discredit The Mighty One X.

First it was 'The One X won't run games at 4K'.

Then it was 'Only 1st Party games will be 4K'.

Now its 'Well it doesn't say native'.

Every turn the naysayers have been proven wrong.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kuu2 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Actually the dev is saying its 4k + HDR. This whole 'it doesn't say native' crap is made up by Cows and Cow sympathizers to discredit The Mighty One X.

First it was 'The One X won't run games at 4K'.

Then it was 'Only 1st Party games will be 4K'.

Now its 'Well it doesn't say native'.

Every turn the naysayers have been proven wrong.

Assassins Creed: Checkerboard

Anthem: Checkerboard

Titanfall 2: Dynamic which drops below 4K

Project Cars 2: Sub 4K

Destiny 2: 1080p

Wolfenstein 2: Checkerboard or dynamic scale likely

None of these games claim to be native 4K, yet say they're 4K games (except for Destiny 2). This is what you don't get. When they say 4K alone, they're doing this:

This is literally the same thing PS4 Pro does.

So saying things like:

"You are welcome to enjoy True 4K. Not that ProFauxK stuff that Sony has been feeding you."

is a giant face palm dude.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@kuu2: Really this is silly. If all you really care is about 4K then the actual game that much, then you're doing it all wrong. 4K is a buzzword, I care more about the actual game itself how it plays and is it fun then higher resolution.

It would be nice if MS offer more choices if not for 4K, then 60fps should be another choice but nope, console gamers just don't care about higher framerates :(

DudeBroPartyYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#42 DudeBroPartyYo
Member since 2017 • 1239 Posts

Ohh the mighty have arrived, everyone bow down and bend over now :)

Or maybe not since exclusives from Sony are still miles ahead in quality and variety. in the end i do prefer the mighty PC ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@Zero_epyon: Yep, you nailed it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@reduc_ab_ said:

@Zero_epyon: Yep, you nailed it.

Not only that, Kuu2 will never admit X1X isn't true 4K console, just a buzzword every Xbox fans are falling for it.

I'd worry about games more so then 4K.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

LOL.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said: All I know is that these XB1 X threads have been done to death. I'm excited for it but even I'm sick of talking about it at this point.

Yet here you are, still commenting repeatedly. Interesting.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

My PC is ready :)

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kuu2

@Zero_epyon:

Halo 4K

Gears 4K

TitanGreatness 2 6k

F1 4K

Tales Story 4K

Ori 4K

Forza 4K

And for the yutz saying it's not a 4K machine because it can do everything in 4K is so stupid. If that is the bar then no console or computer is really a 4K machine.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Zero_epyon:

Halo 4K

Gears 4K

TitanGreatness 2 6k

F1 4K

Tales Story 4K

Ori 4K

Forza 4K

And for the yutz saying it's not a 4K machine because it can do everything in 4K is so stupid. If that is the bar then no console or computer is really a 4K machine.

Well on PC you have options. On consoles you get whatever they shovel you.

And yes, every game I currently play is 4k. Could care less about the ones I don't.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@kuu2 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Show a single thread of mine that had to be updated about 4K.

I will wait.

You make it too easy lemming

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/titangreatness-2-coming-to-you-in-better-than-nati-33396299/?page=1

@Zero_epyon said:

Look at that it's dynamic 4K which is FauxK according to lems!

PS4 Pro 1440p dynamic resolution. Will Xbox One X be 1800p dynamic resolution?

Edit: up to 2160p.

http://gearnuke.com/titanfall-2-confirmed-get-xbox-one-x-support-dynamic-4k-resolution-support/