With Ninty and MS working together, would you like to see a Switch centric version of Rare Replay?

#1 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36344 posts) -

Rare Replay for the XBONE is received as the best retro compilation for modern systems, though to be fair, most other publishers collections were kind of lazy (especially Capcom with Mega Man), but if there was any real gripe with it that's agreed upon is the omission of games like Donkey Kong Country and Goldeneye (not that it's their fault).

But with crossplay of select games and Cuphead coming to Switch, we know that Nintendo and MS are pretty tight with one another, and over a decade ago, Nintendo sold Rare to MS, and it makes me wonder if anyone would like to see a Switch version of Rare Replay?

Chalk it up to dreaming on my end, but I wouldn't mind if there was a version where some games were kept. Ex:

-NES games like Battletoads, Snake Rattle and Roll, etc

-N64 HD remasters like Perfect Dark and Banjo, but not so remastered like Conker and Jet Force (Bonus if the Nintendo Easter Eggs come back too)

-ZX spectrum games

But remove some XBOX centric games as a compromise. EX:

-Grabbed by the Ghoulies

-Kameo

-Perfect Dark Zero

-Banjo nuts and bolts

-Viva Pinata

But add exclusive to Nintendo:

-DKC Trilogy

-Diddy Kong Racing

- DK 64

-Star Fox Adventures

Just an idea of mine personally. What say you?

#2 Posted by robert_sparkes (3087 posts) -

Think rare replay is 100% going to happen. Would be perfect on the switch and sell bucket loads.

#3 Posted by judaspete (2991 posts) -

I think this would be a win-win all around.

#4 Posted by Archangel3371 (28156 posts) -

I have it for the Xbox One and it’s really a good collection of games. I’d most likely get a Switch version for the ability to play on the go and especially if some other games were included.

#5 Posted by Raining51 (1124 posts) -

I can't even remember what Rare replay ish honestly at this point....

#6 Posted by Ant_17 (12559 posts) -

I want my bone version to get donkey Kong games in a free update.

#8 Posted by JustPlainLucas (79344 posts) -

Well, I already have it on the Xbox One, and it's a bit shit. There's a lot of crap in that collection that I think weighs down the gems. Not solid enough for me to double dip.

#9 Posted by me2002 (2177 posts) -

Ori games might be coming too.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#10 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12862 posts) -

I want Diddy Kong Racing and Goldeneye with online MP patched in.

#11 Posted by Litchie (24037 posts) -

Hell yes, I love Rare.

#12 Posted by I_P_Daily (12041 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Rare Replay for the XBONE is received as the best retro compilation for modern systems, though to be fair, most other publishers collections were kind of lazy (especially Capcom with Mega Man), but if there was any real gripe with it that's agreed upon is the omission of games like Donkey Kong Country and Goldeneye (not that it's their fault).

But with crossplay of select games and Cuphead coming to Switch, we know that Nintendo and MS are pretty tight with one another, and over a decade ago, Nintendo sold Rare to MS, and it makes me wonder if anyone would like to see a Switch version of Rare Replay?

Chalk it up to dreaming on my end, but I wouldn't mind if there was a version where some games were kept. Ex:

-NES games like Battletoads, Snake Rattle and Roll, etc

-N64 HD remasters like Perfect Dark and Banjo, but not so remastered like Conker and Jet Force (Bonus if the Nintendo Easter Eggs come back too)

-ZX spectrum games

But remove some XBOX centric games as a compromise. EX:

-Grabbed by the Ghoulies

-Kameo

-Perfect Dark Zero

-Banjo nuts and bolts

-Viva Pinata

But add exclusive to Nintendo:

-DKC Trilogy

-Diddy Kong Racing

- DK 64

-Star Fox Adventures

Just an idea of mine personally. What say you?

I wouldn't say MS & Nintendo are tight, as MS has and is porting over games to Switch, so when do we Xbox gamers get Switch games in return???

I only want Bayo 2 & 3.

#13 Posted by DaVillain- (36936 posts) -

I sure as hell would cause Rare Replay still remains to be my all time favorite Xbox One exclusive game to date and I will totally buy it again to play it on Switch!!!

But the real question is, are they gonna include 007 Goldeneye? Goldeneye was Rare's best video game movie adaption of it's time which is funny, because Goldeneye movie is often consider the best 007 movie as well.

#14 Posted by SecretPolice (35338 posts) -

Rare Replay to Switch and in return BotW 4K 120 fps to X1X. :D

Deal? lol :P

#15 Posted by AJStyles (917 posts) -

I own Rare Replay and the collection sucks lol.

Rare is not as amazing as people think. Most of their games aged badly or were bad to begin with.

So it’s perfect for switch!

#16 Posted by magmadragoonx4 (654 posts) -

No, what I want to see is Forza Horizon X Mario Kart.

#17 Posted by Raining51 (1124 posts) -

The more I think about it I think this is actually possibly more likely than I earlier realized.

#18 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36344 posts) -
@davillain- said:

I sure as hell would cause Rare Replay still remains to be my all time favorite Xbox One exclusive game to date and I will totally buy it again to play it on Switch!!!

But the real question is, are they gonna include 007 Goldeneye? Goldeneye was Rare's best video game movie adaption of it's time which is funny, because Goldeneye movie is often consider the best 007 movie as well.

Probably not unless MGM is cool with working with Nintendo and MS to bring it.

#19 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36344 posts) -

@i_p_daily: You got DMC5. Switch owners don't. So...

#20 Posted by I_P_Daily (12041 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@i_p_daily: You got DMC5. Switch owners don't. So...

That's a cop out and you know it as that franchise nothing to do with either MS/Nintendo. You refer to both working together and being tight, and if Switch owners get MS games then Xbox gamers should get Nintendo games, but we know that won't happen as they are not so tight, and its just MS wanting as much money as they can get their hands on.

Oh and you still think they are tight, then when does Nintendo return the favour and bring some of its games to Xbox???

#21 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36344 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

That's a cop out and you know it as that franchise nothing to do with either MS/Nintendo. You refer to both working together and being tight, and if Switch owners get MS games then Xbox gamers should get Nintendo games, but we know that won't happen as they are not so tight, and its just MS wanting as much money as they can get their hands on.

Oh and you still think they are tight, then when does Nintendo return the favour and bring some of its games to Xbox???

You forget that I mentioned a possible compromise with this idea, like both sides get exclusive content to replace one anothers? Also, why don't you ask Sony about porting their games to the XBOX after Minecraft (an IP they bought from their creator at the time) made it to PS3, which basically started their new approach to begin with? And the fact that MS is expanding XBOX Live to even more platforms with the Switch among them? Hell, crossplay like with Rocket League?

Besides, you might get Bayo 2 IF Nintendo comes to an agreement with SEGA (their IP owners) to port it. Hideki Kamiya has even said as much REPEATEDLY. But until then, you have the game from the originator and Ninty fans don't, but we ain't complaining (aside from Capcom still treating their Switch support like second hand laundry).

#22 Posted by ahmedkhan1994 (714 posts) -

As someone who owns an xbox, HELL NO! call me a fanboy but i want xbox to have exclusives. On another note, i have been seeing many websites claiming that MS & Nintendo have a partnership going because of xbox branching out to switch.

IT IS NOT A PARTNERSHIP UNTIL THE DAY COMES THAT A NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE IP RELEASES ON XBOX.

#23 Posted by Ovirew (9083 posts) -

I had Rare Replay on xbox one. It was alright, but in all honesty, I don't think it's as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

There wasn't this much fanfare over the game when it originally came out, so a lot of it is from Switch owners who never had xbox one.

#24 Posted by NerdRAGE (27 posts) -

I would!

But would I would like more is to see games like Diddy Kong's Racing, which I enjoyed much more than Mario Kart 64, make a triumphant return! That would be AMAZING!

#25 Edited by I_P_Daily (12041 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:
@i_p_daily said:

You forget that I mentioned a possible compromise with this idea, like both sides get exclusive content to replace one anothers? Also, why don't you ask Sony about porting their games to the XBOX after Minecraft (an IP they bought from their creator at the time) made it to PS3, which basically started their new approach to begin with? And the fact that MS is expanding XBOX Live to even more platforms with the Switch among them? Hell, crossplay like with Rocket League?

Besides, you might get Bayo 2 IF Nintendo comes to an agreement with SEGA (their IP owners) to port it. Hideki Kamiya has even said as much REPEATEDLY. But until then, you have the game from the originator and Ninty fans don't, but we ain't complaining (aside from Capcom still treating their Switch support like second hand laundry).

Well for one I don't want to play any of Sony's first party "games" & secondly i'm replying to this thread created by you stating that MS & Nintendo are working together and are tight.

Oh and on the subject of Minecraft, well the game was released on PS3 waaaaaaaaay before MS bought Mojang, and in fact it was released on the PS4 10 days before MS officially announced they were in talks to buy Mojang, and eventually bought them on November 15, so that ends that.

As for the original bayo, well it wasn't an exclusive that was taken away from Nintendo, it was the dev who didn't make it for a Nintendo console.

So here's what we both know so far, and that's MS will soon have 2 of it's games on Switch, and nothing from Nintendo has been announced coming to the Xbox.