With Knack and Killzone flops, does the xbone seem more appealing?

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by uninspiredcup (24962 posts) 4 years, 1 month ago

Poll: With Knack and Killzone flops, does the xbone seem more appealing? (194 votes)

Yes 37%
No 61%

Now that highly publicized Playstation 4 launch games have been a huge world wide disappointment with a general critical consensus of "meh" does this monumental failure now make the xbone appeal as the hero you deserve? Because it can take it?

#51 Posted by SonofK (1088 posts) -

Cows are surprisingly quiet right now

#52 Posted by JamDev (992 posts) -

Not really, these consoles will be around for 7-8 years, launch games aren't a big deal.

Long term Sony looks to have the better 1st party support and superior multiplats.

A pity for early adopters that the launch exclusives are poor, but there are some decent third party titles and some interesting f2p and DD games to keep them going till the big exclusives start rolling in.

#53 Edited by FPSfan1985 (2174 posts) -

Tons more. I really had high hopes for Killzone.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#54 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5007 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: @freedomfreak:

Thank you Sony.

#55 Posted by Wasdie (53469 posts) -

No.

Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
#56 Posted by tastetheacidmil (737 posts) -

@SonofK said:

yeah they aint talking all that good sh!t now like they have been for these past months, they will just damage control like they usually do

#57 Edited by avigeil (715 posts) -

@SonofK said:

#58 Posted by TheLordHimself (3316 posts) -

I always expected Knack to flop hard, but I'm surprised at Killzone. I was expecting a meta of around 80-85, considering KZ2 + KZ3 had metas of 91 and 84 respectively. That said, I'm still buying it.

#59 Posted by Tighaman (1038 posts) -

all that talk since E3 .......now look at yall lol look at the launch titles lol hopefully this will humble ps fanboys for a while.

#60 Posted by super600 (32404 posts) -

@NoirLamia777 said:

We all knew those two games were going to be mediocre, just like Ryse and Dead Rising will be.

I think dead rising may end up being a good game from what I heard and GS likes ryse from what I heard.

#61 Edited by GodspellWH (1046 posts) -

not really but I will be laughing if the xbone gets better reviewed games

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#62 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

haha u really think x1 will fare any better? haha just wait 1 week

#63 Edited by tonitorsi (8685 posts) -

No, It does not look appealing to buy less powerful hardware for more bucks son.

In the positive side of things, I would just wait for the unannounced games coming up on Sony's launch event in New York.

#64 Edited by HadOne2Many (1485 posts) -

Cows will just start hyping the next unreleased exclusive now, like they always do. Eventually they'll get one that doesn't flop and we'll never hear the end of that when it does finally happen.

#65 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

LOL! Cows can't even do what Dave did and rely on metacritic even though that isn't part of the meta. I cannot believe how much of a flop this is because deep down I expected it to score an 8 or higher. Cows didn't even have the balls to hype it themselves and it still flopped! bwahahah

#66 Edited by TruthArisen (403 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

@TruthArisen said:

Wonder Woman responds.

" I did not think that knack and Shadow Fall would be creating such envy."

Timbers responds - You are a complete joke.

Wonder Woman shakes her head.

"Such envy."

#67 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@TruthArisen said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@TruthArisen said:

Wonder Woman responds.

"Such envy."

With all due respect ma'am.. no one wants Killzone including the people buying the PS4.

#68 Edited by Heil68 (57720 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@TruthArisen said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@TruthArisen said:

Wonder Woman responds.

"Such envy."

With all due respect ma'am.. no one wants Killzone including the people buying the PS4.

I do! I'm not trading it in or selling it. No way man!

#69 Posted by Netherscourge (16364 posts) -

The XB1 will never be appealing for $500.

It's either the PS4 or the PC for true Next-Gen gaming, with the PS4 representing the mid-range and the PC representing the high-end.

The XB1 is too expensive and it's best games (Titanfall) will be on PC anyway.

#70 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@TruthArisen said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@TruthArisen said:

Wonder Woman responds.

"Such envy."

I do! I'm not trading it in or selling it. No way man!

Keep on fighting the good fight you brave little soldier

#71 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

@super600: DR has potential but Ryse, not even crytek believes in that game anymore.

#72 Posted by Heil68 (57720 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D:

I think the 360's best game is Lost Odyssey and it got a 7.5. If someone doesn't play a game because it doesn't score 8+ is weak sauce.

#73 Edited by super600 (32404 posts) -

@edidili said:

@super600: DR has potential but Ryse, not even crytek believes in that game anymore.

GS likes it from what I heard, but that game will be really polarizing.

#74 Posted by lhughey (4538 posts) -

I'm not sure why anyone thought GG was going to create an incredible game. KZ games have never been better than just good.

#75 Edited by edidili (3449 posts) -

@super600 said:

GS likes it from what I heard

Nah, it gets mentioned a lot but mainly to make fun of it. Ryse is like Killzone to me, pretty and nothing else.

#76 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D:

I think the 360's best game is Lost Odyssey and it got a 7.5. If someone doesn't play a game because it doesn't score 8+ is weak sauce.

It's harder to review RPG games and Killzone has always been poor aside from 2. I wouldn't touch a 7.0 FPS unless it actually looks innovative like Shadowrun (2007) did which scored 6.9 and was one of the best shooters ever made.

#77 Edited by Sushiglutton (6819 posts) -

@super600 said:

@edidili said:

GS likes it from what I heard, but that game will be really polarizing.

Pretty sure KVO hates it based on the articles I've read.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
#78 Posted by deactivated-594be627b82ba (8405 posts) -

No, like I said before both consoles launch titles doesn't interest me. It's so bad that the Wii u interest me more. Infamous second son is the only game in the near future that I'm interested by for the ps 4. Super Mario 3d land for the Wii u. And as always nothing for the Xbox one

#79 Posted by Heil68 (57720 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D:

I guess i learned to embrace the flop years ago and a score is not going to deter me from playing a game I want to play. Killzone flopped, yes indeed. Still gonna play the hell out of it and especially it's coop and easily make it worth the $40 I spent for it,

#80 Posted by lamprey263 (34425 posts) -

no, cows would rather attempt to disembowel themselves with an icepick before picking up an X1, they'll still play Knack and Killzone with a giant shit eating grin on their face

#81 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D:

I guess i learned to embrace the flop years ago and a score is not going to deter me from playing a game I want to play. Killzone flopped, yes indeed. Still gonna play the hell out of it and especially it's coop and easily make it worth the £25.15 I spent for it,

You don't have to force yourself to enjoy it but I guess it's fine trying to justify the premature purchase. The single player is meant to be around 8 hours so I guess that's a positive thing

#82 Posted by Newhopes (4756 posts) -

Xbox 1 always had the better launch game but still not enough to warrant buying one.

And borezone is borezone no surprises there although I expected it to get a 6.

#83 Posted by Heil68 (57720 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Heil68 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D:

I guess i learned to embrace the flop years ago and a score is not going to deter me from playing a game I want to play. Killzone flopped, yes indeed. Still gonna play the hell out of it and especially it's coop and easily make it worth the £25.15 I spent for it,

You don't have to force yourself to enjoy it but I guess it's fine trying to justify the premature purchase. The single player is meant to be around 8 hours so I guess that's a positive thing

I dont have to justify though, I know early on if I want to play a game and if its worth a purchase to me.

#84 Posted by General_Solo76 (427 posts) -

Killzone SF is not a flop!

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
#85 Posted by deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e (546 posts) -

FlopZone ShadowFail

#86 Posted by delta3074 (19933 posts) -

Early adopters get shafted, thats the way it is, with the Ps3 there where next to no games for the first year and the 360 had RROD, i am going to stick with my 360 and my gaming tablet and wait a couple of years then i will decide what to get.

#87 Posted by NoirLamia777 (3174 posts) -

@super600: Gamespot May like Dead Rising but I personally don't like games that try to be both serious and corny. Good thing my opinion doesn't matter.

#88 Posted by Cuby_Finest (1129 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@ocidax said:

You have to wait for Xbone reviews...

We already know Forza and most likely Dead Rising will at least be AA titles, and so far buzz about KI is great, The only game that can really hit or miss is Ryse.

I already knew KZ was going to flop ever since Gamexplain said it was more like KZ3 instead of KZ2

it got 8 from ign

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/killzone-shadow-fall-review

#89 Edited by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

the fk Game Informer 8.25/10

how many Sony paid gameinformer to inflate a 5.25/10 to 8.25 review score.

And people wonder why Game Informer has no credibility.

No credibility because they have an opinion?

#90 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

@Cuby_Finest: 10/10 ok, I guess - IGN

#91 Posted by lowkey254 (5964 posts) -

Reviews rarely effect my purchase plans, so not really.

#92 Edited by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@SonofK said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

the fk Game Informer 8.25/10

how many Sony paid gameinformer to inflate a 5.25/10 to 8.25 review score.

And people wonder why Game Informer has no credibility.

No credibility because they have an opinion?

They're not paid to have personal opinions, they're paid to be objective.

#93 Posted by SonofK (1088 posts) -

@Cuby_Finest said:

@SonofK said:

@ocidax said:

We already know Forza and most likely Dead Rising will at least be AA titles, and so far buzz about KI is great, The only game that can really hit or miss is Ryse.

I already knew KZ was going to flop ever since Gamexplain said it was more like KZ3 instead of KZ2

it got 8 from ign

lol IGN...

#94 Posted by Cuby_Finest (1129 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@ocidax said:

it got 8 from ign

• +Stunning graphics
  • +Reworked gameplay
  • +Fun multiplayer
  • – Occasionally poor enemy AI
  • – Questionable non-shooter sections
#95 Edited by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

Both have bad launch line ups. XBone is still trailer trash, whereas Sony has legions of elite tier developers ready to usher in a new era of next generation experiences only possible on PlayStation 4

#96 Edited by Legend500 (149 posts) -

Marathon, not a sprint. Right now PS4 has:

- Better hardware

- More sales/hype

- Easier to develop for

- Better Multiplats

- Sony has more exclusive studios

Xbone may have a healthier launch but the PS4 will have the best library in a few months without a doubt.

#97 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@Cuby_Finest said:

@SonofK said:

@ocidax said:

it got 8 from ign

• +Stunning graphics
  • +Reworked gameplay
  • +Fun multiplayer
  • – Occasionally poor enemy AI
  • – Questionable non-shooter sections

An 8 from IGN is basically a 5 everywhere else

#98 Edited by DirkXXVI (498 posts) -

It was pretty easy to see that this was going to happen at launch. The first real good exclusive for PS4 won't come until Infamous Second Son is released next year. After that it's just a long wait for Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, or Quantic Dream to come out with a title.

The pattern seems to be repeating itself from last gen. At the start 360 easily had the better exclusive lineup with games like Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Gears of War, Crackdown, etc. However as the generation went on, 360 exclusives became few and far between while Sony started churning them out left and right with games like Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Little Big Planet, Infamous, Metal Gear Solid 4, among quite a few others.

Long term I trust Sony to have the better first party lineup,especially for as long as they have Naughty Dog making games. Regardless I think most non-fan boys realized well in advance that Killzone was likely to be a dud.

Loading Video...

#99 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

no, i have a feeling the x1 launch will be equally mediocre

#100 Posted by ironcreed (14192 posts) -

It looks more appealing to me early on, for sure. There are just more exclusives there that interest me. But I think the PS4 will ultimately win out on that front with their first party.