With Halo dominating exclusive franchises last gen

  • 177 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mrxboxone
#1 Edited by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

Will Titanfall contend this generation? Both are Microsoft exclusives. Halo broke on the scene as a revolutionary FPS, and many credit the franchise for saving the FPS genre. Titanfall is hyped to do the exact same thing. The thing I am interested to know, is if Halo and Titanfall put the final nail in the coffin for the PS platform being a viable option for FPS.

Sales on the Wii for FPS were poor, but on the Wii-U they are terrible. Same could be said for the PS3. Sales were decent but far from good. Right now shooter sales for the new PS4 are decent and I did enjoy BF4 on it (whenever the servers worked), but with the fail of Killzone and Halo and Titanfall on the horizon for Xbox One, you have to wonder if it will survive the storm. It is incredibly unlikely given the numbers of past Halo titles.

Avatar image for Joedgabe
#2 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

Halo saving FPS was a really really really long time ago.... i dare say there's more than 1 better FPS out now.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#3 Edited by R3FURBISHED (12379 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

Will Titanfall contend this generation? Both are Microsoft exclusives. Halo broke on the scene as a revolutionary FPS, and many credit the franchise for saving the FPS genre. Titanfall is hyped to do the exact same thing. The thing I am interested to know, is if Halo and Titanfall put the final nail in the coffin for the PS platform being a viable option for FPS.

I have big problems with the entirety of that paragraph.

Avatar image for Sweenix
#4 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Halo is a franchise that is in decline, So i doubt Sony is really worried about halo anymore, Especially with franchises like Call of duty/Battlefield which are leagues above it

And destiny which will destroy it also, Titanfall will be interesting though, although i think most of it's sales will come from the xbox 360

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#5 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12379 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Halo is a franchising that is in decline,

How do you figure? By the sales (8.69 million globally) by the critic review scores (9.0 from GS)?

Avatar image for Joedgabe
#6 Edited by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Halo is a franchising that is in decline,

How do you figure? By the sales (8.69 million globally) by the critic review scores (9.0 from GS)?

Influence and verbally speaking. I mean people live outside GS and talk to other people and from that general idea you understand what's "cool"

A lot of people hated Halo 4... even more didn't even finish it, and went back to COD. it can get 10's on GS.. and sell 400 million ( lol exaggerating :P it'll probably struggle t o get 6m next time ).. but it's reputation is going down pretty fast.

Avatar image for Sweenix
#7 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Halo is a franchising that is in decline,

How do you figure? By the sales (8.69 million globally) by the critic review scores (9.0 from GS)?

And where did you get these sales from? vgchartz?

And i mean sales, what way you look at it, halo reach sold less then halo 3, and halo 4 sold less then reach and 3, meaning it's in decline.

Avatar image for mrxboxone
#8 Posted by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Halo is a franchising that is in decline,

How do you figure? By the sales (8.69 million globally) by the critic review scores (9.0 from GS)?

I think what he meant, is that it has outsold any God of War, Uncharted or Killzone title. You know..... games that nobody buys. lol

Avatar image for Sweenix
#9 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -
@mrxboxone said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Halo is a franchising that is in decline,

How do you figure? By the sales (8.69 million globally) by the critic review scores (9.0 from GS)?

I think what he meant, is that it has outsold any God of War, Uncharted or Killzone title. You know..... games that nobody buys. lol

That doesn't change the fact, that the franchise is still in decline.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#10 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12379 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Halo is a franchising that is in decline,

How do you figure? By the sales (8.69 million globally) by the critic review scores (9.0 from GS)?

And where did you get these sales from? vgchartz?

And i mean sales, what way you look at it, halo reach sold less then halo 3, and halo 4 sold less then reach and 3, meaning it's in decline.

It was my mistake, quoting VGChartz - helps if you look at your source (and in all honesty I though it was Halo-pedia)

Halo 4 sold like wildfire.

Prior to Halo 4's worldwide launch on November 6, the Halo series stood at 46 million in sales. This suggests Microsoft's newest entry has shifted 4 million copies thus far. Halo 4 generated $220 million in 24-hour revenue at launch, with $300 million expected for its first week.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-series-sales-hit-50-million/1100-6401164/

Avatar image for zaire_nxtgen720
#11 Posted by Zaire_nxtgen720 (83 posts) -

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#12 Posted by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

Can we not, for once, hype up every upcoming game to oblivion? It only makes It worse when it comes out and receives average reviews. Not saying Titanfall will fail, but there's always that small chance. I think it will be fun, and if done right could be a huge winner but let's calm down a little.

Avatar image for lostrib
#13 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

Avatar image for lglz1337
#14 Posted by lglz1337 (4942 posts) -

titanfall is multiplat and will sell more on xbox360 and halo lol

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#15 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Someone jelly ps4 is destroying the bone, and Killzone top selling software. :)

Avatar image for Sweenix
#16 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Halo is a franchising that is in decline,

How do you figure? By the sales (8.69 million globally) by the critic review scores (9.0 from GS)?

And where did you get these sales from? vgchartz?

And i mean sales, what way you look at it, halo reach sold less then halo 3, and halo 4 sold less then reach and 3, meaning it's in decline.

It was my mistake, quoting VGChartz - helps if you look at your source (and in all honesty I though it was Halo-pedia)

Halo 4 sold like wildfire.

Prior to

Halo 4

's worldwide launch on November 6, the Halo series stood at

46 million in sales

. This suggests Microsoft's newest entry has shifted 4 million copies thus far. Halo 4 generated

$220 million in 24-hour revenue

at launch, with $300 million expected for its first week.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-series-sales-hit-50-million/1100-6401164/

Yet we are still yet to receive any raw numbers for halo 4, and even if we look at vgchartz, it's still behind reach and 3, and that graph i just showed, that only happened after 1 year, Resulting in halo 4 only having a 20k peak... 20k in a year, now that might not seem bad, but after a year, halo 3 had a peak of 1.1 million and reach with 900k

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709697

And even critically, halo 4 was the lowest rated halo game ever, Not counting that RTS game.

You cant deny the fact that halo is in decline, But that's mostly due to how bad halo 4 ended up being.

Avatar image for mrxboxone
#17 Edited by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

Avatar image for lostrib
#18 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

it's on multiple platforms, thus not exclusive. And where does this "windows live" shit come from

Avatar image for Joedgabe
#19 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

it's on multiple platforms, thus not exclusive. And where does this "windows live" shit come from

Don't bother... lems.... lems are weird......

Avatar image for John_Matherson
#20 Posted by John_Matherson (2085 posts) -

LMAO You just have so much to prove, don't you? Very insecure. Don't worry. I'll make an epic thread tomorrow that will show you why the PS3 takes a complete dump on your HALOGEARSFORZAPGR360.

Avatar image for lostrib
#21 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

it's on multiple platforms, thus not exclusive. And where does this "windows live" shit come from

Don't bother... lems.... lems are weird......

All the factions are weird

Avatar image for mrxboxone
#22 Posted by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

it's on multiple platforms, thus not exclusive. And where does this "windows live" shit come from

Windows Live shit? It probably comes from the fact it requires the Azure/MS server? lol

Avatar image for soulitane
#23 Posted by soulitane (15073 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

By the mere fact you can play it on PC, makes it not exclusive.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#24 Edited by R3FURBISHED (12379 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Yet we are still yet to receive any raw numbers for halo 4, and even if we look at vgchartz, it's still behind reach and 3, and that graph i just showed, that only happened after 1 year, Resulting in halo 4 only having a 20k peak... 20k in a year, now that might not seem bad, but after a year, halo 3 had a peak of 1.1 million and reach with 900k

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709697

And even critically, halo 4 was the worst rated halo game ever, Not counting that RTS game.

You cant deny the fact that halo is in decline, But that's mostly due to how bad halo 4 ended up being.

Call of Duty has been the most played game on Xbox Live for many years now. Since like 2008/9

But activity online does not equate to a "decline" in the series. And anytime a single video game sells in the millions of copies in less than a month and a half, it comes off as a little ignorant when someone says it "is in decline".

____

Halo 4 is not as good as Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo 2 or Halo 3 or Halo: ODST or Halo: Reach but thats because Bungie made them and while 343 is a very talented development studio they aren't Bungie.
It would be like saying "Oh, Half-Life isn't what it used to be ever since Valve stopped making it"

Halo 5 is going to dominate sales charts and receive exorbitantly high review scores and you will see people saying best of the series/worst of the series or its just not as good as it used to be - thats kinda the territory when you are making games for a now 12 year old franchise.

Avatar image for lostrib
#25 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

LMAO You just have so much to prove, don't you? Very insecure. Don't worry. I'll make an epic thread tomorrow that will show you why the PS3 takes a complete dump on your HALOGEARSFORZAPGR360.

Well you would know all about being insecure...

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#26 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

lmao the Lem Scum Army still desperately trying to hawk Titanflop.

It's an EA property they'll desperately try and make their second annual FPS like they tried with MOH. It failed first first time. It'll fail again.

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

Nah, you'll need to use Origin which is worse.

Avatar image for lostrib
#27 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

it's on multiple platforms, thus not exclusive. And where does this "windows live" shit come from

Windows Live shit? It probably comes from the fact it requires the Azure/MS server? lol

where is the source that you will have to use "windows live"? Especially since they killed GFWL

Either way, still not an exclusive

Avatar image for Sweenix
#28 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Yet we are still yet to receive any raw numbers for halo 4, and even if we look at vgchartz, it's still behind reach and 3, and that graph i just showed, that only happened after 1 year, Resulting in halo 4 only having a 20k peak... 20k in a year, now that might not seem bad, but after a year, halo 3 had a peak of 1.1 million and reach with 900k

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709697

And even critically, halo 4 was the worst rated halo game ever, Not counting that RTS game.

You cant deny the fact that halo is in decline, But that's mostly due to how bad halo 4 ended up being.

Call of Duty has been the most played game on Xbox Live for many years now. Since like 2008/9

But activity online does not equate to a "decline" in the series. And anytime a single video game sells in the millions of copies in less than a month and a half, it comes off as a little ignorant when someone says it "is in decline".

____

Halo 4 is not as good as Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo 2 or Halo 3 or Halo: ODST or Halo: Reach but thats because Bungie made them and while 343 is a very talented development studio they aren't Bungie.

It would be like saying "Oh, Half-Life isn't what it used to be ever since Valve stopped making it"

Halo 5 is going to dominate sales charts and receive exorbitantly high review scores and you will see people saying best of the series/worst of the series or its just not as good as it used to be - thats kinda the territory when you are making games for a now 12 year old franchise.

I'm not saying halo isn't big anymore, it's still going to break records, but it's not going to do massive numbers anymore, Around 7-8.5m would be a good guess for halo 5's lifetime sales, although that depends on how well the xbox one is doing, by the time it's out.

Destiny will release around the same time as halo 5, which might hurt halo 5's sales, seeing as it's made by bungie, and the gameplay will be simular to halo, vust attracting the same audience.

Avatar image for lostrib
#29 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

lmao the Lem Scum Army still desperately trying to hawk Titanflop.

It's an EA property they'll desperately try and make their second annual FPS like they tried with MOH. It failed first first time. It'll fail again.

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

Nah, you'll need to use Origin which is worse.

not really. Origin isn't really a big deal

Avatar image for Nanomage
#30 Posted by Nanomage (2371 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

It´s a PC game as well,so it´s a multiplat. In fact,it´s on three different systems so only a simpleton would argue otherwise.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#31 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12379 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Around 7-8.5m would be a good guess for halo 5's lifetime sales,

Gotta love those declining series that still sell 7+ million copies, huh?

Avatar image for Sweenix
#32 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Around 7-8.5m would be a good guess for halo 5's lifetime sales,

Gotta love those declining series that still sell 7+ million copies, huh?

It's still declining, if it's selling less then it's predecessor.

Avatar image for mrxboxone
#33 Edited by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

It´s a PC game as well,so it´s a multiplat. In fact,it´s on three different systems so only a simpleton would argue otherwise.

Doesn't matter, what does matter is the fact the most anticipated game, and game that won BEST GAME at every gaming convention will not be on the PS4.

That is a huge blow to the PS4.

Avatar image for lostrib
#34 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@Nanomage said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

It´s a PC game as well,so it´s a multiplat. In fact,it´s on three different systems so only a simpleton would argue otherwise.

Doesn't matter, what does matter is the fact the most anticipated game, and game that won BEST GAME at every gaming convention will not be on the PS4.

That is a huge blow to the PS4.

Most anticipated based on what?

Avatar image for mrxboxone
#35 Posted by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@Nanomage said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

It´s a PC game as well,so it´s a multiplat. In fact,it´s on three different systems so only a simpleton would argue otherwise.

Doesn't matter, what does matter is the fact the most anticipated game, and game that won BEST GAME at every gaming convention will not be on the PS4.

That is a huge blow to the PS4.

Most anticipated based on what?

Facts...... http://gamesided.com/2013/12/07/vgx-2013-titanfall-wins-anticipated-game/

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#36 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

titanfall and destiny is set to make this gen worth living for!

titanfall will be this gens cod

destiny will be this generations halo!

Avatar image for lostrib
#37 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@Nanomage said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

It´s a PC game as well,so it´s a multiplat. In fact,it´s on three different systems so only a simpleton would argue otherwise.

Doesn't matter, what does matter is the fact the most anticipated game, and game that won BEST GAME at every gaming convention will not be on the PS4.

That is a huge blow to the PS4.

Most anticipated based on what?

Facts...... http://gamesided.com/2013/12/07/vgx-2013-titanfall-wins-anticipated-game/

well at least you had a source, even if it was VGX which may be up there with VGChartz in terms of laughable sources

Avatar image for mrxboxone
#38 Posted by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@Nanomage said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

It´s a PC game as well,so it´s a multiplat. In fact,it´s on three different systems so only a simpleton would argue otherwise.

Doesn't matter, what does matter is the fact the most anticipated game, and game that won BEST GAME at every gaming convention will not be on the PS4.

That is a huge blow to the PS4.

Most anticipated based on what?

Facts...... http://gamesided.com/2013/12/07/vgx-2013-titanfall-wins-anticipated-game/

well at least you had a source, even if it was VGX which may be up there with VGChartz in terms of laughable sources

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-awards

I don't really need a "source", the awards speak for itself.

Avatar image for Joedgabe
#39 Edited by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Joedgabe said:

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

it's on multiple platforms, thus not exclusive. And where does this "windows live" shit come from

Don't bother... lems.... lems are weird......

All the factions are weird

I find them normal fanboys.. but lems.. lems are weird. It's not the first time they attempt to claim a Shared game with PC as their exclusive.

Avatar image for lostrib
#40 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@lostrib said:

@Joedgabe said:

@lostrib said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib said:

@zaire_nxtgen720 said:

Titanfall is a f*cking exclusive, sony ponies are in denial, lmao

except it's not. It is a multiplat

It is exclusive, You can not play it on any Nintendo, any playstation or any PC (unless you use Windows Live).

it's on multiple platforms, thus not exclusive. And where does this "windows live" shit come from

Don't bother... lems.... lems are weird......

All the factions are weird

I find them normal fanboys.. but lems.. lems are weird. It's not the first time they attempt to claim a Shared game with PC as their exclusive.

They all do stupid shit, sony fanboys do equally stupid shit. And the PC elitists try to pull the same shit as any other "peasant" fanboy. They're all just silly

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#41 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

A bunch of corrupt, easily impressed journalists gave a multiplayer-only FPS a bunch of awards.

After Spore you'd have thought Xdrones would have learnt to temper their expectations. Then again it's not like they have anything else to play until Halo 5 is out.

Avatar image for mrxboxone
#42 Posted by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

A bunch of corrupt, easily impressed journalists gave a multiplayer-only FPS a bunch of awards.

After Spore you'd have thought Xdrones would have learnt to temper their expectations. Then again it's not like they have anything else to play until Halo 5 is out.

Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 (The only AAAE for either), Killer Instinct, D4, Titanfall, Halo 5..... Enjoy your indies LOL.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#43 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Dead Framerates 3, Flopza Microtransactions 5, Filler Shitstink, Swery crap, multiplat, 343i.

Let's face it, anyone getting an Xbone should consider treatment by a trained psychiatrist.

Avatar image for k2theswiss
#44 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

A bunch of corrupt, easily impressed journalists gave a multiplayer-only FPS a bunch of awards.

After Spore you'd have thought Xdrones would have learnt to temper their expectations. Then again it's not like they have anything else to play until Halo 5 is out.

Whatys wrong with a MP only game ~nothing

whats wrong with with a SP only game ~ nothing

Whats wrong with half assed SP only put their to make people you shut up with MP that could used whole lot more of time worked on ~ EVERYTHING

Avatar image for drekula2
#46 Posted by drekula2 (3349 posts) -

Hope this is a joke.

Halo 3 was amazing. ODST was a cash-in. Wars was a desperate cash-in. Reach was a laughable COD-wannabe. 4 was disappointing.

Avatar image for tormentos
#47 Posted by tormentos (26637 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

Halo saving FPS was a really really really long time ago.... i dare say there's more than 1 better FPS out now.

You can't save what doesn't need saving.

Halo basically saves sh** in the FPS it was just another FPS,it sold great because xbox fans had nothing to play if it would have been on PC or PS2 it would have been another game of the bunch,hey that is what is was before Bungie was bough by MS and the game was coming to PS2.

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Halo is a franchising that is in decline,

How do you figure? By the sales (8.69 million globally) by the critic review scores (9.0 from GS)?

It sold less than Reach,and outside this wall it has lower score than Reach to,in fact is 87 on meta Resistance 2 has 87 as well and is consider garbage here.

http://www.gamespot.com/resistance-2/

And what do you know Resistance 2 also has a 9 here...

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Around 7-8.5m would be a good guess for halo 5's lifetime sales,

Gotta love those declining series that still sell 7+ million copies, huh?

In business and economics doing less sales and getting lower reviews for a product is consider declining.

@farrell2k said:

Halo dominated exclusives last gen? Mario outsold Halo 3 to 1. Man, lemmings are delusional...

And outscore Halo badly to Mario Galaxy for Wii 1 and 2 are to of the highest rated games last gen,and higher than any 360 or PS3 exclusives.

Avatar image for MercenaryMafia
#49 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -

I am buying Titanfall on the 360. Halo 4 was CoDified by 343 and did not live up to Halo 3 imo. Halo Reach's mp was terrible as well.

Avatar image for Sagemode87
#50 Edited by Sagemode87 (1284 posts) -

@mrxboxone: Uncharted 2(an actual exclusive) won more awards than any game in history, 360 missed out on it and still thrived. /thread