With Blizzard dead and Bioware in turmoil, is Bethesda #1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

The Blizzard we grew up with is no more. While Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 remain high-water marks in gaming, the cash cow that was WoW attracted too many bean counters who systematically ruined Blizzard, culminating in the most disappointing video game of all time: Diablo 3. Don't bother getting your hopes up for Titan, which will have facebook connections and God knows what other casual crap in it. Blizzard is dead.

Bioware seems to be going through internal struggles of its own, and Bioshock Infinite is more of a wait-and-see than it is a definite Day One purchase for anyone who's been paying attention to all the important people bailing out on the project. I'm cautiously optimistic but I'll wait to see what GAMERS, not crappy review sites, have to say about the game before buying it.

Bethesda, on the other hand, just made a new Skyrim DLC that is already getting AAA scores. Fallout 3 and Skyrim are two of the best games of this gen, hands down. If you disagree you're either a 10 year old Sheep or a CoD knuckle-dragger - period. Bethesda is probably working on Fallout 4 as you read this, which should get every red blooded gamer hyped!

So... is Bethesda the best developer left standing? I think so...

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

lolBethesda.

Last great game they made was a decade ago.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Skypoop Poopout 3 Poopilivion Poopthesda
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Diablo 3 was a massive success, even if it was a disappointment to many. Bioware just released the ending to one of the most regarded series of the gen. And Bethesda has... DLC... yeah
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

:lol: bethesda can't really even be called a devloper when they leave their games full of glitches. The PC community has to do have the work to mold the pile of **** they try to sell into an actual game. The console gamers just straight up get screwed. Bethesda is terrible so :lol:no

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

TC: Blizzard is dead because I don't like what they did :cry:

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Diablo III is a huge disappointment, but it's still better than every single game Bethesda has ever made. And Blizzard also recently released StarCraft II. You know, the best RTS game of all time. And you're comparing that to Bethesda's DLC and crap like Fallout 3 and Skyrim? :lol:

Bethesda is trash. Even BioWare makes better games.

Come at me.

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
BioShock is not from BioWare.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

lundy86_4
Pretty much, yeah.
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Skypoop Poopout 3 Poopilivion Poopthesdafunsohng

This made me laugh out loud.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

R*. RDR. Das some good stuff yo.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blabadon

el3m2tigre
I laughed. Hard.
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts

el3m2tigre
Not fair, Rockstar is a publishing subsidiary with multiple developers of which some are not even own by the parent company.
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 trollop_scat

lundy86_4

No real gamer likes what they did, and they're even threatening to make facebook a part of their new MMO.

I get it - you're young, dumb, and full of casual. Good for you, kiddo. Make sure you link your Titan account with faebook so your gramma can see that awesome pair of enchanted clown shoes you found. In the meantime, go back to reddit and continue ruining jokes started... elsewhere.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I gag at the thought of anyone thinking either Bioware or Bethesda were ever near Blizzard status.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Blizzard is dead? wat?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 funsohng
[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

Blabadon
I laughed. Hard.

Now you know how I feel whenever you say Uncharted 1 is good.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
How is Blizzard dead? Diablo 3 was a pile of sh*t of but Starcraft is something ill, man. Can't wait for HotS.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarkLink77

Blizzard is dead? wat?

Zophar87
TC is an idiot.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4  Online

No real gamer likes what they did, and they're even threatening to make facebook a part of their new MMO.

trollop_scat

Incorrect. Unless you have some hard data which indicates such.

I'm a real gamer and enjoyed Diablo 3.

I get it - you're young, dumb, and full of casual. Good for you, kiddo. Make sure you link your Titan account with faebook so your gramma can see that awesome pair of enchanted clown shoes you found. In the meantime, go back to reddit and continue ruining jokes started... elsewhere.

trollop_scat

26 is young? Attending uni for a Poli Sci Honours is dumb?:?

You're a little b*tch who can't accept differing opinions. Grow up, you pompous douche.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

funsohng
I laughed. Hard.

Now you know how I fee whenever you say Uncharted 1 is good.

I see, it's excruciatingly painful. At least UC1 didn't get >9.5s and GOTYs most places. I swear, 2010 was the year critics went insane.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Bioware seems to be going through internal struggles of its own, and Bioshock Infinite is more of a wait-and-see than it is a definite Day One purchase for anyone who's been paying attention to all the important people bailing out on the project. I'm cautiously optimistic but I'll wait to see what GAMERS, not crappy review sites, have to say about the game before buying it.

trollop_scat

what does bioware have to do with bioshock infinite? :?

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zophar87

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

trollop_scat

If you think Blizzard is casual then you need to GTFO off WoW. You probably didn't even make it to Skeleton King on prenerf Inferno.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] I laughed. Hard.

I see, it's excruciatingly painful. At least UC1 didn't get >9.5s and GOTYs most places. I swear, 2010 was the year critics went insane.

Deserved it more than ME2 did, that's for sure. But StarCraft II, Reach, or SMG2 not sweeping the awards is a crime. Or God of War III, for certain things.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zophar87

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

CaseyWegner

what does bioware have to do with bioshock infinite? :?

Clearly made by the same person.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 funsohng

Or it's because you have bad taste and RDR was actually good? I mean, liking UC1 just shows the world how awful taste you currently possess. >.>
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funsohng
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="funsohng"] Now you know how I fee whenever you say Uncharted 1 is good.

Deserved it more than ME2 did, that's for sure. But StarCraft II, Reach, or SMG2 not sweeping the awards is a crime. Or God of War III, for certain things.

God of War III had a very sexy scene, I give you that.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 enterawesome

RDR is the WOORRRSSSTTTT. People treat the story like it's some godly western, but in reality it's about a rape-enabling, mass murderering, despicable POS. Also the first four hours is herding cows and doing chores.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blabadon
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="funsohng"] Now you know how I fee whenever you say Uncharted 1 is good.

Or it's because you have bad taste and RDR was actually good? I mean, liking UC1 just shows the world how awful taste you currently possess. >.>

L1/LT + R1/RT over and over and over and over and over again with the worst horse mechanics ever do not make for a good game. I have great taste in games. Of course, I am a little biased towards myself.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] I see, it's excruciatingly painful. At least UC1 didn't get >9.5s and GOTYs most places. I swear, 2010 was the year critics went insane.

God of War III had one of the best opening segments in any game I've ever played. Too bad it kinda blows it at the end.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="funsohng"] Now you know how I fee whenever you say Uncharted 1 is good.enterawesome

RDR is the WOORRRSSSTTTT. People treat the story like it's some godly western, but in reality it's about a rape-enabling, mass murderering, despicable POS. Also the first four hours is herding cows and doing chores.

I thought RDR was insanely overrated, personally.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blabadon
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="funsohng"] Now you know how I fee whenever you say Uncharted 1 is good.

I have yet to play ME2. But I very much doubt RDR is better than it.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Blabadon
herding cowsenterawesome
No matter how bad you think UC1 might be, it had nothing as bad as this.
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trollop_scat

26 is young? Attending uni for a Poli Sci Honours is dumb?:?

lundy86_4

HAAAA HAHAHAHAAAA!

You're 26 and still an undergrad seeking a liberal arts degree? Oh God, my sides! The fact you even admitted that is just classic! I don't even wanna know what your student loans tab is at, or how you plan on repaying them :lol:

It all makes sense now, of COURSE you like Blizzard! HAA HAHAHAHAAAA...

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#35 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Since when Blizzard died? I wonder
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] I see, it's excruciatingly painful. At least UC1 didn't get >9.5s and GOTYs most places. I swear, 2010 was the year critics went insane.

Your opinion on RDR is kinda invalid at this point, Blab. :P
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 enterawesome
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] I see, it's excruciatingly painful. At least UC1 didn't get >9.5s and GOTYs most places. I swear, 2010 was the year critics went insane.

Do not listen to DarkLink, he's poisoning you with lies surrounded by small truths. Mass Effect 2 is better than RDR, as are most video games.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lundy86_4  Online

HAAAA HAHAHAHAAAA!

you're 26 and still an undergrad seeking a liberal arts degree? Oh God, sides! The fact you even admitted that is just classic! I don't even wanna know what your student loans tab is at, or how you plan on repaying them :lol:

It all makes sense now, of COURSE you like Blizzard! HAA HAHAHAHAAAA...

trollop_scat

Yep. Things like having a job which got me a part on a TV show proved to be more fortuitous :lol: Idiot.

My student loan is at zero :)

----

Do you want to keep laughing? :lol:

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Deserved it more than ME2 did, that's for sure. But StarCraft II, Reach, or SMG2 not sweeping the awards is a crime. Or God of War III, for certain things.

Do not listen to DarkLink, he's poisoning you with lies surrounded by small truths. Mass Effect 2 is better than RDR, as are most video games.

Lies and slander. Mass Effect 2 is one of the most overrated games I've ever played in my life.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Not even close. I had to literally force myself not to pay SCII again, it was consuming my life.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zophar87

[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] I have yet to play ME2. But I very much doubt RDR is better than it.DarkLink77

Lies and slander. Mass Effect 2 is one of the most overrated games I've ever played in my life.

This.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Blabadon
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Deserved it more than ME2 did, that's for sure. But StarCraft II, Reach, or SMG2 not sweeping the awards is a crime. Or God of War III, for certain things.

Mine and hundreds of others on this site. I should make a list of how many people on SW alone think RDR is overrated as hell. I can't even justify it being so high, which I normally somewhat can for hugely overrated games (Gears 3, Uncharted 3).
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

The Blizzard we grew up with is no more. While Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 remain high-water marks in gaming, the cash cow that was WoW attracted too many bean counters who systematically ruined Blizzard, culminating in the most disappointing video game of all time: Diablo 3. Don't bother getting your hopes up for Titan, which will have facebook connections and God knows what other casual crap in it. Blizzard is dead.

Bethesda, on the other hand, just made a new Skyrim DLC that is already getting AAA scores. Fallout 3 and Skyrim are two of the best games of this gen, hands down. If you disagree you're either a 10 year old Sheep or a CoD knuckle-dragger - period. Bethesda is probably working on Fallout 4 as you read this, which should get every red blooded gamer hyped!

So... is Bethesda the best developer left standing? I think so...

trollop_scat

WHA?!?!

Come back to these forums when you know the basics about what developer is making what software.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 funsohng
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Deserved it more than ME2 did, that's for sure. But StarCraft II, Reach, or SMG2 not sweeping the awards is a crime. Or God of War III, for certain things.

God of War III had one of the best opening segments in any game I've ever played. Too bad it kinda blows it at the end.

Good Lord what happened to you! Why have you become so.... soft???
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Give it a rest guys....

God of War 3, Mass Effect 2, and RDR are all dreadfully dull and tedious.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] I have yet to play ME2. But I very much doubt RDR is better than it.

Mine and hundreds of others on this site. I should make a list of how many people on SW alone think RDR is overrated as hell. I can't even justify it being so high, which I normally somewhat can for hugely overrated games (Gears 3, Uncharted 3).

Gears 3 is overrated? :| wut.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Best developers right now?

-Nintendo

-Rocksteady

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 funsohng
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] I see, it's excruciatingly painful. At least UC1 didn't get >9.5s and GOTYs most places. I swear, 2010 was the year critics went insane.

L1/LT + R1/RT over and over and over and over and over again with the worst horse mechanics ever do not make for a good game. I have great taste in games. Of course, I am a little biased towards myself.

What? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="funsohng"] God of War III had a very sexy scene, I give you that.

Good Lord what happened to you! Why have you become so.... soft???

Opening segment is boss. Pretending it's not is just wrong.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 enterawesome
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] I have yet to play ME2. But I very much doubt RDR is better than it.

It's not worse than RDR. It just isn't. I know ME2 is flawed, but for every flaw ME2 had RDR has and worse.