deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#201 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

This won't be half the game Captain Toad is.

That doesn't mean it won't be good of course.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#202 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@davillain- said:

This is what Dualshocker had to say on the Xbox One version:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/03/30/if-you-thought-that-the-witcher-3-on-xbox-one-looks-less-than-great-think-again-it-looks-awesome/

Fact is that, unless you have multiple platforms and you have to decide which version of the game to buy, this matters very little. The struggle is real. I`ve never been concerned that the version of any given game I'm playing on the Xbox One is visually different enough to make any difference to my gameplay experience. It`s all about the controller I like, the live service, what my friends play, the exclusives I like etc etc.

Easy!

On PC I can share OFFLINE games simultaniously? CHECK!

On PC I can use any controller? CHECK!

Legal Witcher 3 at €20 DAY ONE? CHECK!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@True_Gamer_: ...which you illegally share?

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@lostrib said:

Soo sad that reality is so cruel?

Too bad...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#205 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Ultra Settings Gameplay.

Loading Video...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 lostrib

@True_Gamer_ said:

@lostrib said:

Too bad...

It was just interesting that you made the point of noting it was a legal copy, but then you decide to just do illegal shit with it

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#207  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Ultra Settings Gameplay.

Loading Video...

The way the trees flay about in the wind bugs me a lot.

It's way too exaggerated.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Cloud_imperium

No spoilers

Loading Video...
worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

No spoilers

Loading Video...

Love how cocky joe gets with the card games then looses. never underestimate the witcher 3 :P

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

@lostrib said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@lostrib said:

Too bad...

It was just interesting that you made the point of noting it was a legal copy, but then you decide to just do illegal shit with it

Im assuming he meant steam family sharing. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3784-QLBM-5731

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 lostrib

@yanni1 said:

@lostrib said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@lostrib said:

Too bad...

Im assuming he meant steam family sharing. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3784-QLBM-5731

he's not

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#212  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Hyping this AAA, can't wait for the final chapter/game :D

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#213 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I want this game! but seeing how the Destiny DLC is on May 19th i'll most likely go okay that with friends while waiting for a price drop on this ( $80+ for one game is too much)

AAA is my hype

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

AAA

Avatar image for nothingformoney
NothingForMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#215 NothingForMoney
Member since 2014 • 466 Posts

Hyped

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#216 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I just deleted Halo MCC from my hardrive to make room for The Witcher 3.

I 'll probably hold off for 3 months before I buy a 1TB hardrive.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@RyviusARC said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Ultra Settings Gameplay.

Loading Video...

The way that he rides around on Roach annoys me. I hate it when they just ride off the path, through towns, through fields. Use roads and trails for fast galloping, and when off the beaten path, canter unless it's a huge, clear expanse. Unrealistic horseplay in such proximity to people, animals, and buildings always is so immersion breaking. I also never run in towns. Wonder If I'm the only one who has rules like this. Pretty dumb ones I guess, but it does fit more into the world to do otherwise. Sometimes walking allows the world to breath and take you in more.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Cloud_imperium

@MirkoS77 said:

@RyviusARC said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Ultra Settings Gameplay.

Loading Video...

The way that he rides around on Roach annoys me. I hate it when they just ride off the path, through towns, through fields. Use roads and trails for fast galloping, and when off the beaten path, canter unless it's a huge, clear expanse. Unrealistic horseplay in such proximity to people, animals, and buildings always is so immersion breaking. I also never run in towns. Wonder If I'm the only one who has rules like this. Pretty dumb ones I guess, but it does fit more into the world to do otherwise. Sometimes walking allows the world to breath and take you in more.

Haha same here. I almost never run in small places

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

~20 days left.

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#220 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@RyviusARC said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Ultra Settings Gameplay.

Loading Video...

Haha same here. I almost never run in small places

Same as well. I prefer the enjoyment of actual roleplaying. Noone would gallop through a town in real life. And going through unknown country off the roads there would be no way I would just gallop through, not knowing what I would gallop into.

I do understand they prob only had a limited time to play it so played it in a rush though.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

These vids pretty much confirm my suspicions about the game looking pretty weak graphically. Muddy textures and bland art style, low-detail NPC's, jerky animations, and pop-in galore. I guess I have Arkham Knight to look forward to for my GFX fix.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#222 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

These vids pretty much confirm my suspicions about the game looking pretty weak graphically. Muddy textures and bland art style, low-detail NPC's, jerky animations, and pop-in galore. I guess I have Arkham Knight to look forward to for my GFX fix.

To be fair it is a massive, seamless open world. There aren't any loading screens on continents, and that includes towns and indoor areas.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

The witcher 3 producer says he'd rather play it on a PC at min settings than on Xbone

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#224 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@anthonyautumns said:

~20 days left.

I know doesn't time fly I remember when the game got delayed.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

9/10 here. my top three most anticipated titles of 2015 but this is one of those games you absolutely need to play on pc and i didn't upgrade my gpu yet... Can they please delay this game until $1 USD=$120 CAD?

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 AnthonyAutumns

@D4RKL1NG: The only "good point" of X1 is the CE. It has the best non-game content compared to PC and PS4. But since I'm not buying a CE, PC of course.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#227  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

A couple of things are a little rough, but that's true in all projects of this scope. Overall I think it looks absolutely fantastic and like a world I really want to explore! Also combat seems so much smoother than the previous games every time I see it. The dodging, the attacks, the finishers and use of magic. I really don't see how this game could possibly fail.

The thing I'm most interested in is how CDPR have managed to fill the open world as that is one of the most difficult game design problems there is imo. Fingers crossed they have succeeded in making the content feel handcrafted and varied. Hopefully TW3 can then work as an inspiration for games like Assassin's Creed and SoM which struggle a ton with generic side content (I'm being ridiculously optimistic here :)... )

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@RyviusARC said:

Wouldn't even consider that crap gameplay or the other videos posted.

For an open world game, it fails flat on the interactivity part which is a major aspect of open world games. In Angry Joes vid, roughly 90% of the 45mins is spent talking to NPCs, exploring a forest, swimming, and horseback riding. What little combat both videos showed is dull and repetitive just like it was in Witcher 2.

Anyhow, this is the video you should be watching as it covers strictly just gameplay and what to expect. In nutshell, you can avoid attacks in 2 ways now instead of just rolling(lol fail). It offers a casual normal mode as well as an unforgiven hard mode. Unfortunately, the gameplay is another iteration of Witcher 2's combat with minor differences so modders do your magic so that this game is playable:

Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@notorious1234na: awesome, thanks for that vid. Much more hyped now. 19 days left baby woooooo!!

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 AnthonyAutumns

@lostrib said:
@True_Gamer_ said:
@lostrib said:

Too bad...

I think what @True_Gamer_ meant is Steam Family Sharing. The original game owner going to play offline (or not play at all even if the owner's online) so that the owner can share his games to his family/friends legally. I think you already know this but you're just trolling him, right?

P.S. Doesn't work on all games though. I'm referring to games that has other clients like UPlay, Rockstar Social Club and the likes.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

@notorious1234na said:
@RyviusARC said:

Wouldn't even consider that crap gameplay or the other videos posted.

For an open world game, it fails flat on the interactivity part which is a major aspect of open world games. In Angry Joes vid, roughly 90% of the 45mins is spent talking to NPCs, exploring a forest, swimming, and horseback riding. What little combat both videos showed is dull and repetitive just like it was in Witcher 2.

Anyhow, this is the video you should be watching as it covers strictly just gameplay and what to expect. In nutshell, you can avoid attacks in 2 ways now instead of just rolling(lol fail). It offers a casual normal mode as well as an unforgiven hard mode. Unfortunately, the gameplay is another iteration of Witcher 2's combat with minor differences so modders do your magic so that this game is playable:

Loading Video...

To get the most out of the witcher 2 swordplay play it on hard, and research what you will fight and account for that basially be a witcher the gameplay opens up like you wouldnt believe playing like that

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#232  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

True that, on lower difficulties you just want to hack and slash because of course the game lets you get away with it. And so the more tactical aspect of combat which I find really entertaining, like potions, oils, signs, research, traps, evaluation of the surroundings, etc., becomes optional, taking the magic away.

The game will probably get slashed for the combat from a lot of reviewers that are expecting a mindless button smasher. This system is not for everyone, if you didn't like TW2's combat then don't get the game, or wait for mods.

I'm definitely playing this on Hard the first time.

Looks like alcohol is back, shame tho no Rubedo/Albedo/Nigredo

Wait, potions auto-refill? Terrible idea, I hope there's a way to disable that.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

True that, on lower difficulties you just want to hack and slash because of course the game lets you get away with it. And so the more tactical aspect of combat which I find really entertaining, like potions, oils, signs, research, traps, evaluation of the surroundings, etc., becomes optional, taking the magic away.

The game will probably get slashed for the combat from a lot of reviewers that are expecting a mindless button smasher. This system is not for everyone, if you didn't like TW2's combat then don't get the game, or wait for mods.

Yeah, I don't like the sound of it. Sounds very casual friendly. Meditation system in Witcher 2 was great.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

I was talking to a friend today about exactly this.

The combat in both 1 and 2 certainly takes some thought and preparation, even though the actual combat is very different. This is/was part of the fun and difficulty involved with the games. Also any game that happily kills you on the tutorial level will make you sit up and pay attention. I died a couple of times trying to destroy the wall gate with the ballista.

I guess what fans (myself included) have to realise is that developers like to make lots money and if the game has more appeal to a mass market they'll sell more and make more money. However to appeal to the mass market compromises (usually in anything seen as complex or difficult to understand) need to be made. I blame the 'Muricans :p

Mass Effect followed a similar path, although it was more on the RPG side of things that got mulched rather then the shooting/combat (which imo actually improved in 2 and 3) . The a.I. stay numb as f*ck through out.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Cloud_imperium

@GarGx1 said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

I was talking to a friend today about exactly this.

The combat in both 1 and 2 certainly takes some thought and preparation, even though the actual combat is very different. This is/was part of the fun and difficulty involved with the games. Also any game that happily kills you on the tutorial level will make you sit up and pay attention. I died a couple of times trying to destroy the wall gate with the ballista.

I guess what fans (myself included) have to realise is that developers like to make lots money and if the game has more appeal to a mass market they'll sell more and make more money. However to appeal to the mass market compromises (usually in anything seen as complex or difficult to understand) need to be made. I blame the 'Muricans :p

Mass Effect followed a similar path, although it was more on the RPG side of things that got mulched rather then the shooting/combat (which imo actually improved in 2 and 3) . The a.I. stay numb as f*ck through out.

People are afraid to embrace the change or learn gameplay mechanics. After playing so many shallow games for years, anything different is considered bad these days. Witcher 2 is all about footwork. It's all about preparing yourself before combat and learning tactics of each enemy. It doesn't show icon on enemy's head to notify you that he's about to attack you. You have look look at his movement, or hear his voice (when he charges) and so on. You'll see shit ton of people after 3 weeks, hating on Witcher 3. All "teh open world" hype will be gone once they'll find "bad combat" and "convoluted" story.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 GarGx1

@Cloud_imperium: You do know how right you are. Bloodbourne is actually a really good example of this, the hype brought in a lot of casuals who have now realised just how fucking hard the game can be and now there appears to be load of hate for a highly rated game (not necessarily on SW).

Let them buy it and give their money to CD:PR after that they can whinge and moan all they want. While we get a ,hopefully, fantastic game with potentially a couple of hundred hours of content. ;) It won't even effect Cyberpunk, if it gets a console release, as the average mass market money cow goes on hype and not who made a game or what it actually is.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

The amount of video footage flooding the internet for this game prior to release is kinda ridiculous. Not allowing myself to watch the stuff anymore (Trying to resist anyway) cuz I don't want to see freaking everything prior to playing it.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#238 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I really can't wait for this game. I reckon it will get 9+. Literally the only game I am totally hyped for that's coming this year.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

I really can't wait for this game. I reckon it will get 9+. Literally the only game I am totally hyped for that's coming this year.

Second that. It's been my most anticipated game for a while.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

AAA no doubt.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By AnthonyAutumns

@RyviusARC said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Ultra Settings Gameplay.

Loading Video...

If you noticed, the sky is gray. There might be an incoming storm. That's probably the reason the trees and the crops sway over exaggerated.

Though I could be wrong which means IT IS over exaggerated.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#242 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

People are afraid to embrace the change or learn gameplay mechanics.

lolwut?

Learning the Witchers mechanics is hardly the issue, they are just straight weak. The games combat is actually incredibly shallow. The original might have had something going with the stances and how important potions were on the harder difficulty, but that still came down to some quick pre game with the same 2 or 3 potions and then basic dodge and attack.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

The combat in TW2 isn't some grand thing that only the super intelligent understand. The combat is just unresponsive and sluggish and some ppl like the premise of the game and learned to deal with and work the combat given.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Cloud_imperium

@jg4xchamp said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

lolwut?

Learning the Witchers mechanics is hardly the issue, they are just straight weak. The games combat is actually incredibly shallow. The original might have had something going with the stances and how important potions were on the harder difficulty, but that still came down to some quick pre game with the same 2 or 3 potions and then basic dodge and attack.

Witcher 2's combat is more than just dodge and attack. On easy yeah may be. On harder difficulties. No.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#245 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

lolwut?

Witcher 2's combat is more than just dodge and attack. On easy yeah may be. On harder difficulties. No.

I guess I am just old and I'm doing the best I can when I played it on normal and I couldn't just doge and sword attack Letho. He kicked my ass.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

@Cloud_imperium: You do know how right you are. Bloodbourne is actually a really good example of this, the hype brought in a lot of casuals who have now realised just how fucking hard the game can be and now there appears to be load of hate for a highly rated game (not necessarily on SW).

Let them buy it and give their money to CD:PR after that they can whinge and moan all they want. While we get a ,hopefully, fantastic game with potentially a couple of hundred hours of content. ;) It won't even effect Cyberpunk, if it gets a console release, as the average mass market money cow goes on hype and not who made a game or what it actually is.

In their defense though, same goes for souls series its bad game design. For example, on the very first boss when you move your character towards him, the camera zooms in on your immediate surroundings rendering you unable to predict his movements:

Loading Video...

In order to guess the next bosses attack, the game was purposely designed in a way that you MUST die to learn his patterns. As he said, "I can't see where he is coming from" and he's right. That crap is hard and fair? Being blindsided? No its 100% cheap as any boss will be difficult if you literally can't fucking see. While many praise this games choice of sluggish restrictive combat, to many and me it is a pile of shit. I rather take NG or DMC over that tripe any day as you fully have control over your character much more fluidity. No bullshit camera is going to zoom in on a boss's body preventing me from seeing his next attack and you are giving a plethora of options to attack/evade/counter. Limited crap game mechanics and restricting combat is overlooked whenever you here Bloodborne. What's funny is fanboys still can't properly explain why Souls series is hard. It's hard because it lacks a lot what most other games have.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Cloud_imperium

@cainetao11 said:

I guess I am just old and I'm doing the best I can when I played it on normal and I couldn't just doge and sword attack Letho. He kicked my ass.

He is easy to beat when you hit him with 2 heavy attacks soon after he makes his move, third time he blocks it. I always attack him from behind.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

@notorious1234na: I'm enjoying Bloodborne at the moment, but you definitely have a point.

Every time I encounter a boss, I beat the crap out of it without taking a scratch until they are at 33% health, then either (A) the camera lock-on system breaks and I accidentally roll into an attack, or (B) they change their attack patterns in an unpredictable way, often while I'm in the middle of my attack.

So I die, then go back and kill it on my second attempt (or fifth, but only in the case of Gascoigne). It's possible that I just suck, but the fights definitely seem to be geared towards learning their third form by dying to them (especially because I do *so* well earlier in the fight on my first attempts).

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 AnthonyAutumns

@Cloud_imperium: @cainetao11: You can use Aard to break his blocking stance or interrupt what he's about to do then do a few Heavy Swings. This however doesn't work if he's on Quen. I run away/roll away if he's on Quen.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 GarGx1

@notorious1234na: Oh I'm as far from being a Sony fan boy as you can get. I merely used Bloodbourne as an example of a game picked up by many based on hype rather than what the actual game is and because of this they are now hating on it.