Witch is Better PS3 or Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Derek1177 (342 posts) -

Ive been saving up for a new game console and i cant decide between Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360.

A little help in deciding please.

#2 Posted by jangojay (4044 posts) -
Wait until later. The 360 is better at the moment but the PS3 can get better starting with MGS. Why I say wait a little? When you do decide you can buy the MGS bundle or the new 360s which shouldn't have rrods problems.
#3 Posted by Fondness (902 posts) -

Ive been saving up for a new game console and i cant decide between Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360.

Derek1177

Well, what games do you find captivating? Are you interested in video games like Gears of War or Metal Gear Solid?

#4 Posted by shadow8585 (2947 posts) -
Right now I would go with the Xbox 360. You'll be able to get the better version of most multi-plats, including GTA4 and you have a plethora of games to choose from that are already available. Gears of War, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Army of Two, Call of Duty 2, 3 & 4, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2, Dead Rising, Forza Motorsport 2, PGR 3 & 4, Saints Row, Condemned 1 & 2, Burnout Paradise, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2, Oblivion, Assassins Creed and the premium xbox live service. It would take you a year to purchase all those great games and by the time you do great new games such a Fable 2, Banjo 3, Gears of War 2, Resident Evil 5 and more will be out. If youre a gamer looking to buy a gaming system for games, Xbox 360 is your best choice, hands down.
#5 Posted by saolin323 (3121 posts) -
Get a xbox360, with Mass Effect, lost odyssey, gears, Blue dragon, Oblivion and Viva Pinata
#6 Posted by PAL360 (28694 posts) -

Get a xbox360, with Mass Effect, lost odyssey, gears, Blue dragon, Oblivion and Viva Pinatasaolin323

no halo3???

i love that game

#7 Posted by lambalot (1798 posts) -

my vote goes to PS3 has better exclusives in my opinion and i think its built alot better.

I have a 360 and the exclusives dont interest me except for Gears of War and i can get that on PC (even though its buggy) and theres always that feeling i have when playing on it and it makes a weird noise "oh no its going to die on me".

*Equips Flame proof cloak*

#8 Posted by megaton3k (515 posts) -

Derek1177

You honestly gonna post this and expect some logical answers in SYSTEM WARS? Good luck friend!

#9 Posted by highlander0659 (1102 posts) -
The PS3 is the better console. It has better and more media options like: remote play with the PSP, it's the most advanced Blu-Ray player on the market, it actually has an internet browser, the PS3's online is free and virtually identical to Xbox live Gold in terms of quality(you have to shell out $50 a year for XBL gold, by the way), a far lower failure rate, in my opinion better games(this is strictly an opinion aspect though), superior hardware overall, and the PS3 recieves updates far more often than the 360 which means that it'll progress far beyond the 360 in several aspects in a relatively short period of time. Clearly the PS3 is the better console.
#10 Posted by LibertySaint (6500 posts) -
neither they both have ups and downs, just go look at the games and don't come to fanboys to decide.
#11 Posted by Shensolidus (931 posts) -

This is simply asking fanboys to come out and plead their case. In that case, congrats you have succeded. Honestly the only person who can make that decision is you. What I will offer however is some sound decision making advice.

Congratulations on saving up, alot of people can't seem to do that these days. It is commendable. In making this decision for a game console you need to define what your interests are. You're looking for a game console so lets talk games. Both the 360 and the PS3 have really good lineups. No matter what the system you will be pleased no matter which one you get. When it comes to games, you should take a look at the upcoming line-up of exclusives and see which ones interest you more. That'll start to give you an idea of which one you are leaning towards.

Since you were saving money for this, I assume you are somebody who spends his/her money wisely. That being the case, it is here where i'd have to recommend a PS3. In the short term and long run, you are saving money. Online gaming is free on the PS3 ($50/year on the 360). As is the wireless internet ($100 extra for the 360). Also, all controllers are fully rechargable right out of the box, where as with the 360 you'd have to buy batteries or buy a 30$ play & charge kit. Of course, you don't have to buy those extra peripherals with the 360 and just pay the $350 for it, but then again those things come with the PS3 out of the box for just $50 more.

Also, if you are big on HD movie watching or own an HDTV, the value of a Blu-Ray player (one of the few with BDLive 2.0) is one I must bring up. It really does have the best quality for it and is something you must consider if you are thinking or have thought about one day owning a Blu-Ray player for your HDTV.

In the end it is your decision. You are looking for a games console so let the current and upcoming games libraries of both consoles sway you more than any fanboy rant on this thread.

#12 Posted by tekmojo (1425 posts) -
Get a xbox360, with Mass Effect, lost odyssey, gears, Blue dragon, Oblivion and Viva Pinatasaolin323
If leafboy says to get a 360, you better listen to him.
#13 Posted by Gamerboi27 (3261 posts) -

depends on the games you like...they both have great games

i personally have a ps3 just cuz i like sony a bit more...plus online is free and some other minor bonuses

#14 Posted by thegoldenpoo (5136 posts) -

360 at the moment

THE GOOD

Strong lineup (exclusives/ duplats the ps3 dosen't have)

still primary dev console (things get ported over to ps3)

more stable with some games (orange box ect)

better online

THE BAD

RROD (much less common with new models but still SOME risk)

Online costs money

Noisey as hell

#15 Posted by dgo71102244 (667 posts) -
get a 360, the ps3 have no AAAE the ps3 is just a blu ray player you are going to get borred quickly 360 is your best choice:)
#16 Posted by ROCK303 (282 posts) -
As a owner of both the 360 has better graphics. I see what the cows claim to be the best and it simply is not. there is not 1 game that touches the 360 cod4 through vga. the fact that the ps3 has a jaggy problem bothers me as well. but it can play some wonderful looking movies. I mean they look good. But I have yet to see a game that beats cod4 (360) with it's better textures in the 360 version, and heck I have yet to see a game on my PS3 look as good as gears. So the answer is simple, the 360 is a better gaming machine. the PS3 is a good gaming maching but a great movies player. so get what you want. but I have both and can tell you I play the 360 wayyyy more. Simply cause it has better games, and I have yet to get a PS3 game that matches it graphically. well overall graphically anyway. we will see about gt5. those 3 new vids on psn show the game does have jaggies. I hope they can correct that cause they kill the beauty for me.
#17 Posted by SpruceCaboose (24589 posts) -
I just came in here because of the inventive use of "witch" in the topic title. Very creative.
#18 Posted by ROCK303 (282 posts) -
get a 360, the ps3 have no AAAE the ps3 is just a blu ray player you are going to get borred quickly 360 is your best choice:)dgo71102244
really do. hot shots was horrible. I mean outlaw golf on the xbox was better. NG sigma was boring. I didnt realize after you beat it on xbox twicw, the 3rd time really is not all that fun. Uncharted is a pile of jaggy trash that is held by cows as the best looking game on the market. Uncharted makes it easy to tell that cows have lower standards for their graphical expectations. cause I cant believe people pass that off as better than geow. It simply is not. Maybe R&C tod. that is one pretty game. But the 360 is by far the better gaming system.
#19 Posted by SpruceCaboose (24589 posts) -

really do. hot shots was horrible. I mean outlaw golf on the xbox was better.ROCK303

There is no way possible you expect anyone to believe you after that statement.

#20 Posted by ROCK303 (282 posts) -

[QUOTE="ROCK303"]really do. hot shots was horrible. I mean outlaw golf on the xbox was better.SpruceCaboose

do you want to be the first to say, you dont have a PS3 your just a fanboy?
#21 Posted by highlander0659 (1102 posts) -

As a owner of both the 360 has better graphics. I see what the cows claim to be the best and it simply is not. there is not 1 game that touches the 360 cod4 through vga. the fact that the ps3 has a jaggy problem bothers me as well. but it can play some wonderful looking movies. I mean they look good. But I have yet to see a game that beats cod4 (360) with it's better textures in the 360 version, and heck I have yet to see a game on my PS3 look as good as gears. So the answer is simple, the 360 is a better gaming machine. the PS3 is a good gaming maching but a great movies player. so get what you want. but I have both and can tell you I play the 360 wayyyy more. Simply cause it has better games, and I have yet to get a PS3 game that matches it graphically. well overall graphically anyway. we will see about gt5. those 3 new vids on psn show the game does have jaggies. I hope they can correct that cause they kill the beauty for me.ROCK303

Actually, the PS3 has better graphics. There's yet to be a console game this generation that beats Uncharted(it blows Gears away). I own both as well and the PS3 has proven superior in all the multiplats that I own. The PS3 versions of Devil May Cry 4, Oblivion, Armored Core 4, and Burnout Paradise all look vastly better on the PS3. I play my PS3 Waay more than I play my 360 because it's simply the better console through and through. The long and short of it is that the PS3 is the better console for extra features and game. The PS3 is the better console overall.

#22 Posted by girlpowerz (492 posts) -
PS3. MGS4 is going to be an epic masterpiece.
#23 Posted by girlpowerz (492 posts) -

[QUOTE="ROCK303"]As a owner of both the 360 has better graphics. I see what the cows claim to be the best and it simply is not. there is not 1 game that touches the 360 cod4 through vga. the fact that the ps3 has a jaggy problem bothers me as well. but it can play some wonderful looking movies. I mean they look good. But I have yet to see a game that beats cod4 (360) with it's better textures in the 360 version, and heck I have yet to see a game on my PS3 look as good as gears. So the answer is simple, the 360 is a better gaming machine. the PS3 is a good gaming maching but a great movies player. so get what you want. but I have both and can tell you I play the 360 wayyyy more. Simply cause it has better games, and I have yet to get a PS3 game that matches it graphically. well overall graphically anyway. we will see about gt5. those 3 new vids on psn show the game does have jaggies. I hope they can correct that cause they kill the beauty for me.highlander0659

Actually, the PS3 has better graphics. There's yet to be a console game this generation that beats Uncharted(it blows Gears away). I own both as well and the PS3 has proven superior in all the multiplats that I own. The PS3 versions of Devil May Cry 4, Oblivion, Armored Core 4, and Burnout Paradise all look vastly better on the PS3. I play my PS3 Waay more than I play my 360 because it's simply the better console through and through. The long and short of it is that the PS3 is the better console for extra features and game. The PS3 is the better console overall.

I agree. The graphics for DMC4 are *amazing*

Great, now you're making me wanna play that game today instead of finishing Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Very Hard. That game also has some beautiful graphics as well.

#24 Posted by ROCK303 (282 posts) -

[QUOTE="ROCK303"]As a owner of both the 360 has better graphics. I see what the cows claim to be the best and it simply is not. there is not 1 game that touches the 360 cod4 through vga. the fact that the ps3 has a jaggy problem bothers me as well. but it can play some wonderful looking movies. I mean they look good. But I have yet to see a game that beats cod4 (360) with it's better textures in the 360 version, and heck I have yet to see a game on my PS3 look as good as gears. So the answer is simple, the 360 is a better gaming machine. the PS3 is a good gaming maching but a great movies player. so get what you want. but I have both and can tell you I play the 360 wayyyy more. Simply cause it has better games, and I have yet to get a PS3 game that matches it graphically. well overall graphically anyway. we will see about gt5. those 3 new vids on psn show the game does have jaggies. I hope they can correct that cause they kill the beauty for me.highlander0659

the fact is simple, when I turn on the PS3 and that annoying beep sounds it takes a sec to boot. they have to update the system to get features coming out of the 360 stock so its not just ms playing that game. And WHAT IS YOUR LIVE GAMERTAG?

LIVE= WYLDSTILE 360

PSN= yoshiboy303.

you tell me so I can view your games played over LIVE. Or do you even have both? My opinion is real, not a fanboy idea. I play both through the best connections for both at the best resolution for both and I dont care what you say, anyone else with both can tell the 360 uses better aa in games, better textures, and run more smooth most of the time. My 360 displays more impressive graphics way more often and at my get togethers we play 360 cause the PS3 is boring.

#25 Posted by ROCK303 (282 posts) -
PS3. MGS4 is going to be an epic masterpiece.girlpowerz
i really hope so. 1 of 3 reasons i got a ps3. that gt5 and kz2.
#26 Posted by orrytur (1661 posts) -
[QUOTE="highlander0659"]

[QUOTE="ROCK303"]As a owner of both the 360 has better graphics. I see what the cows claim to be the best and it simply is not. there is not 1 game that touches the 360 cod4 through vga. the fact that the ps3 has a jaggy problem bothers me as well. but it can play some wonderful looking movies. I mean they look good. But I have yet to see a game that beats cod4 (360) with it's better textures in the 360 version, and heck I have yet to see a game on my PS3 look as good as gears. So the answer is simple, the 360 is a better gaming machine. the PS3 is a good gaming maching but a great movies player. so get what you want. but I have both and can tell you I play the 360 wayyyy more. Simply cause it has better games, and I have yet to get a PS3 game that matches it graphically. well overall graphically anyway. we will see about gt5. those 3 new vids on psn show the game does have jaggies. I hope they can correct that cause they kill the beauty for me.girlpowerz

Great, now you're making me wanna play that game today instead of finishing Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Very Hard. That game also has some beautiful graphics as well.

What??!! DMC4 is way better on Xbox 360 version. What are you talking about? X360 verion has more antialiasing.
#27 Posted by kamikaze-jk (322 posts) -
i chose a 360 over a ps3 because of the games and xbox live go and get a 360 trust me u won't be bored
#28 Posted by SpruceCaboose (24589 posts) -
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="ROCK303"]really do. hot shots was horrible. I mean outlaw golf on the xbox was better.ROCK303

do you want to be the first to say, you dont have a PS3 your just a fanboy?

I have all three consoles.

#29 Posted by girlpowerz (492 posts) -
[QUOTE="girlpowerz"][QUOTE="highlander0659"]

[QUOTE="ROCK303"]As a owner of both the 360 has better graphics. I see what the cows claim to be the best and it simply is not. there is not 1 game that touches the 360 cod4 through vga. the fact that the ps3 has a jaggy problem bothers me as well. but it can play some wonderful looking movies. I mean they look good. But I have yet to see a game that beats cod4 (360) with it's better textures in the 360 version, and heck I have yet to see a game on my PS3 look as good as gears. So the answer is simple, the 360 is a better gaming machine. the PS3 is a good gaming maching but a great movies player. so get what you want. but I have both and can tell you I play the 360 wayyyy more. Simply cause it has better games, and I have yet to get a PS3 game that matches it graphically. well overall graphically anyway. we will see about gt5. those 3 new vids on psn show the game does have jaggies. I hope they can correct that cause they kill the beauty for me.orrytur

What??!! DMC4 is way better on Xbox 360 version. What are you talking about? X360 verion has more antialiasing.

And that's *your* opinion. I think he graphics kick ass on the PS3 version.

#30 Posted by orrytur (1661 posts) -
[QUOTE="orrytur"][QUOTE="girlpowerz"][QUOTE="highlander0659"]

[QUOTE="ROCK303"]As a owner of both the 360 has better graphics. I see what the cows claim to be the best and it simply is not. there is not 1 game that touches the 360 cod4 through vga. the fact that the ps3 has a jaggy problem bothers me as well. but it can play some wonderful looking movies. I mean they look good. But I have yet to see a game that beats cod4 (360) with it's better textures in the 360 version, and heck I have yet to see a game on my PS3 look as good as gears. So the answer is simple, the 360 is a better gaming machine. the PS3 is a good gaming maching but a great movies player. so get what you want. but I have both and can tell you I play the 360 wayyyy more. Simply cause it has better games, and I have yet to get a PS3 game that matches it graphically. well overall graphically anyway. we will see about gt5. those 3 new vids on psn show the game does have jaggies. I hope they can correct that cause they kill the beauty for me.girlpowerz

And that's *your* opinion. I think he graphics kick ass on the PS3 version.

No that's not my opinion it's just looks better proofs: http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-103820.aspx And http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29150.html (stop at 1:23 and 2:16)
Avatar image for DontBeHatin1983
#31 Posted by DontBeHatin1983 (1044 posts) -

Derek1177

ps3 is the better product. fanboys will tell you ps3 has no(just like the psp) games but they are just jealous that ps3 owners/fanboys get to play their console. x360 is trash i would recommend to get the xbox1

#32 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -

TC...

Which Witch is Which.........

#33 Posted by NinjaMunkey01 (7485 posts) -

this is a bad place to ask, most of the posts in here will be from biased fanboys.

both are great and have great games in a genres. Just look at the lineup for each console and the features on each and decide.

also if you know anyonen with a console who has it online it might be good getting the same console so you can play them online.

#34 Posted by CDWJUSTIN (2078 posts) -
the ps3 plays blu ray better...
#36 Posted by ma7moud93 (1681 posts) -
Get a 360 its a great system.
#37 Posted by 360ru13r (1713 posts) -
here what I say you don't listen to the people and goto you local best buy, gamestop, walmart, and other gaming stores. You play the games look at the tilte selections. Read the gamespot, ign, and other gaming sites review then come up with the pro and con for each system, then tell us which one you think is better because as long as ur in the post both the cows and 360 fan will try to presude u like Fox news swaying your oponion left and right.
#38 Posted by Martin_G_N (1884 posts) -
A year ago you should probably have bought X360, but now the PS3 is starting to take more and more over, and it will last longer.
#39 Posted by mingo123 (9005 posts) -
i have both and honestly i think 360 is better then ps3, console design wise ps3 is like a gen ahead of 360 BUT games and online wise 360 is clearly superior so get 360
#40 Posted by DivineSword (15838 posts) -
Games wise the 360 is the better system at this moment, but functionality and durability wise it is easily the PS3. Basically if you want games now the 360 is the better of the two, but the PS3 is going to get better ones in the future not to exclude the better looking design in my opinion.
#41 Posted by whipassmt (15375 posts) -
i'de say 360 xbox. plus i think the Ps3 is overpriced, when it came out at $600 i was thinking paystation 3 would be a better name then playstation.
#42 Posted by DivineSword (15838 posts) -

i'de say 360 xbox. plus i think the Ps3 is overpriced, when it came out at $600 i was thinking paystation 3 would be a better name then playstation.whipassmt

I wouldn't say the PS3 is overpriced just expensive during launch. The price point seem very reasonable for me since it is a blu-ray player after all. The Wii on the other hand is overprice in my honest opinion.

#43 Posted by NSR34GTR (13179 posts) -
360 better and more games and cheaper
#44 Posted by hormagaunt (6309 posts) -
XBOX360
#45 Posted by Carbine_Wasted (301 posts) -
I wish the day would come when someone who was trying to make a legitimate topic would actually spell ALL the words right in the topic name.