Will you buy Codemasters' GRID 2019? (Launching in October, 11th 2019)

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

1888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

Poll: Will you buy Codemasters' GRID 2019? (Launching in October, 11th 2019) (11 votes)

Yes! GRID is one of my favourite racers of all time! 27%
May be...... 36%
No way! I'd rather wait for a next-gen realistic looking racing game or a cartoony kart racer! 36%

Dear racing fans in System Wars board!

Codemasters' latest racer: GRID 2019 is set to launch on October 11th, 2019.
So are you interested in to look forward and playing it?

  • Developer: Codemasters
  • Publisher: Codemasters
  • Sub-Genre: Arcade-style racer
  • Platforms: Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC, Google Stadia
  • Release Date: October 11th, 2019

 • 
Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

12878

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12878 Posts

I will buy it next year as I have plenty of racers to keep me going until next year.

And why are Codisasters making a Stadia version, as soon as streaming dies the better, really hope Stadia crashes & burns within 6 months.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

1888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#3 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1888 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

I will buy it next year as I have plenty of racers to keep me going until next year.

And why are Codisasters making a Stadia version, as soon as streaming dies the better, really hope Stadia crashes & burns within 6 months.

I guess they wanted to experiment to see if people are interested in Stadia.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

12878

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12878 Posts

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I will buy it next year as I have plenty of racers to keep me going until next year.

And why are Codisasters making a Stadia version, as soon as streaming dies the better, really hope Stadia crashes & burns within 6 months.

I guess they wanted to experiment to see if people are interested in Stadia.

Codies are just interested in money and it wouldn't surprise me if Google threw Codies some change from the couch to get it on there lol.

Avatar image for ajstyles
AJStyles

1152

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1152 Posts

I’ll wait 2 years until it’s free on PS+ on PS4.

Pretty sure all of those types of games ended up free on PS3 lol

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

1888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1888 Posts

@ajstyles said:

I’ll wait 2 years until it’s free on PS+ on PS4.

Pretty sure all of those types of games ended up free on PS3 lol

Then how is GRID 2019 going to be ported to PS3 or whatever previous generation consoles?

What I notice on current gen's racing game realistic car models? They have higher polygons and texture resolution than their previous-gen versions!

That's why the majority of current-gen realistic looking racing games won't able to run on older generation systems!

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

5370

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5370 Posts

@mclarenmaster18: Umm...I think you might want to reread what he wrote...

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

12878

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12878 Posts

@ajstyles said:

I’ll wait 2 years until it’s free on PS+ on PS4.

Pretty sure all of those types of games ended up free on PS3 lol

I'm sure in 2yrs the PS5 will be out and Sony will stop giving the PS4 "free" games away just like they did with the PS3/Vita lol.

But you're a cow so i'm sure you've already forgotten about that :)

Avatar image for TJDMHEM
TJDMHEM

2287

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2287 Posts

maybe.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

31717

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31717 Posts

Already bought and paid for. The original Grid is one of my all time favourite racers.

I bought this over the new NFS, so I hope I made the right choice.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

6715

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#11 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 6715 Posts

I liked Race Driver: Grid and Grid 2, though I did skip Grid: Autosport.

So probably yes, but not right away. Also a bit concerned by the track selection.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

5370

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5370 Posts

@i_p_daily: PS4 came out in 2013, they didn't stop ps3 "free" games until earlier this year, so you might want to retake basic math.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

5370

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5370 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I loved the original GRID, it was a perfect mix of arcade and sim, the sequels from what I've played weren't nearly as good. Hopefully this is a lot more in tune with the original.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

1888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#14 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1888 Posts

@TJDMHEM said:

maybe.

If you don't like realistic-looking racing games then I don't recommend buying GRID 2019.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

1888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#15 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1888 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

Already bought and paid for. The original Grid is one of my all time favourite racers.

I bought this over the new NFS, so I hope I made the right choice.

Agreed. Same goes that I much more prefer Toca Race Driver 2 over Need For Speed Underground 2.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

31717

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31717 Posts

@mclarenmaster18: Yes, these guys have a ton of talent. Plus I liked what I read about their work on AI to make races more dynamic.

Ghost games is talented as well, but I'm not too sure about NFS until I get to try it myself.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

28720

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28720 Posts

No, not really interested in it myself plus I have too many other games I’d rather get instead. This is a pass for me.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

1888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#18 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1888 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

No, not really interested in it myself plus I have too many other games I’d rather get instead. This is a pass for me.

Okay, so you rather look forward to seeing Forza Motorsport 8 (XB Scarlett) right?

For me, I'd personally skipped Team Sonic Racing & Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled as I would rather look forward to play GRID 2019 and the 2 other 1st party racers: Forza Motorsport 8 (Xbox Scarlett) and Gran Turismo 7 (PS5).

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

28720

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28720 Posts

@mclarenmaster18: Yep. Much more interested in the Forza Motorsport games so FM 8 is definitely something that I’m looking forward to.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

9678

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#20 with_teeth26  Online
Member since 2007 • 9678 Posts

I've enjoyed some games in this series in the past but not all of them.

i'll hold off initially and see how it is received, might get it eventually

Avatar image for judaspete
judaspete

3182

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#21 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3182 Posts

I'll get it on sale eventually. I like this series but can't say I love it.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

1888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#22 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1888 Posts
@judaspete said:

I'll get it on sale eventually. I like this series but can't say I love it.

To me, GRID 2019 is the closest alternative to Project Gotham Racing.

I really want Microsoft to resurrect Project Gotham Racing series for next-gen but I really hate the fact that Activision shutting down their developer (Bizarre Creations), also I hated Sony for shutting down Evolution Studios (Motorstorm) too.

Avatar image for judaspete
judaspete

3182

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#23 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3182 Posts
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@judaspete said:

I'll get it on sale eventually. I like this series but can't say I love it.

To me, GRID 2019 is the closest alternative to Project Gotham Racing.

I really want Microsoft to resurrect Project Gotham Racing series for next-gen but I really hate the fact that Activision shutting down their developer (Bizarre Creations), also I hated Sony for shutting down Evolution Studios (Motorstorm) too.

I think one of us brings up Evolution and Motorstorm every time I post in one of your threads. Not complaining, love that series :). I also like Bizarre Creations and their Project Gotham and Blur games, but Motorstorm is my jam.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

1888

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#24 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1888 Posts

@judaspete said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@judaspete said:

I'll get it on sale eventually. I like this series but can't say I love it.

To me, GRID 2019 is the closest alternative to Project Gotham Racing.

I really want Microsoft to resurrect Project Gotham Racing series for next-gen but I really hate the fact that Activision shutting down their developer (Bizarre Creations), also I hated Sony for shutting down Evolution Studios (Motorstorm) too.

I think one of us brings up Evolution and Motorstorm every time I post in one of your threads. Not complaining, love that series :). I also like Bizarre Creations and their Project Gotham and Blur games, but Motorstorm is my jam.

Agreed. To me, Sony is also so stupid for closing down Evolution Studios and Psygnosis, if they didn't close both of them, then they would have released a new Motorstorm and Wipeout for PS4.

This resulted in loosing racing fans as they get upset.

I still hope Motorstorm and Wipeout could get resurrected by next-gen! Also, I still prefer Blur over Wipeout.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

13710

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#25 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 13710 Posts

Yep, day one for sure.

Avatar image for WitIsWisdom
WitIsWisdom

5418

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#26 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5418 Posts

I'll probably get the ultimate edition tomorrow so I can play it a day early.. tired, so going to bed for now.. lol.

The game looks great. Really giving off early Gran Turismo vibes, which is certainly not a bad thing.