Will X1X get a verified Graphics King title before this gen is over?

• 186 results
tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll: Will X1X get a verified Graphics King title before this gen is over? (60 votes)

lol @ xbox fans who bought the X thinking they'd automatically get Graphics King status with no games. 58%
Just wait til E3, Phil will drop the Halo 6 2018 release date and it will blow every PS exclusive away. 12%
Resolution = graphics stupid cows! So X1X is aleady graphics king, better resolution means better graphics period YAHAHAHH! 18%
X1X proves without a doubt that power without games is utterly pointless, $500 well spent eh? PS5 might be $500 but at least we know it'll have game to validate that. 38%

It's not looking too likely at this point.

All speculation and reports point to PS5 releasing fall 2019 or 1Q 2020. It's not 2018 and MS still hasn't given a solid release date for Crackdown 3!? Is there still hope by xbox fans that The Mighty X will have at least 1 graphics king before it's completely blown out of the water by PS5?

If MS were planning to release any big AAA titles this fall they should have at least announced the games being in development last year, but all we heard about were the games they delayed from 2017.

We have at least 3 RELEASE DATES CONFIRMED for NEW AAA PS4 exclusives for 2018 that are all considered graphically impressive titles...2 of which, like HZD before them, are both open world.

GOD OF WAR

No Caption Provided

SPIDERMAN

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Detroit Become Human

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So, far all MS has announced for 2018 left to release are State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3. Are those going to enough to top Sony's AAA 2018 titles in graphics?

If MS dose have AAA games to announce and they end up releasing in 2019 when PS5 is expected to come out those games will still get blown out of the water by TLOU2 and Death Stranding even if those games are cross-gen titles.

How many X1X owners are still holding out for a universally praised Graphics King title like HZD on PS4 for the proudly acclaimed "Most powerful console in history" before it's too little too late?

• 
nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts
@tgob89 said:
@nomadic8280 said:

PC gamers should be thanking console owners for being happy gaming at 30 FPS on most games. "Consoles hold us back!" said one developer. Oh really? You mean they establish your limit, so you have to make games playable if at all at 30 FPS minimum. Which means PC gamers with their $2000+ systems can enjoy their max res ultra settings at 144 FPS on these same games that were, you know "held back", because if devs didn't have these limits imposed by the console "peasants", they'd be eating up all the processing power and memory making insane environments, visuals, AI, etc and you'd be the ones having to accept 30 FPS.

False.

If that were the true EVERY PC exclusive would completely annihilate console exclusives in graphics....we all know that is not the case.

The fact of the matter is the PC development is driven by whatever is the maximum saturation of the accepted hardware level at the time is...and It's NEVER the highest spec hardware!

Because PC hardware levels are all over the place it's sometimes hard for PC devs to gauge at what level to create their game to be successful, which is why you see so many PC games developed at bottom of the barrel hardware specs in mind.

Consoles actually give PC devs a higher base reference for hardware to work from as a start point. So yes PC fans should thank console gamers but no for the reasons you stated. PS5 will start a new reference point for base hardware which will in turn give PC devs to confidence to create games for PC from that higher base point.

I'm willing to accept if I'm incorrect in any of my statements, but lets all agree "consoles hold game development back!! waaaaah!" was a complete horseshit thing for a dev to say?

If not, and you agree he's right, (and hell, I'm not a developer so shit why wouldn't he be?) then it gives credence to what I said: Consoles, not by providing a base reference for developers but by imposing limitations, grants headroom for high-end PC owners to max out their settings and enjoy high performance. IF the highest-end hardware is barely keeping up with new games and maintaining that comfortable performance headroom, then perhaps consoles are not holding anything back then are they?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 2921 Posts

All I smell is fanboy bullshit in this thread. I am out!

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5102 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@drlostrib said:

ooo a bullshot thread

an SW classic

lol It's 2018! That bullshot line has already been debunked.

Sucks to be a desperate teary eyed damage controlling PC basement dweller.

HZD being verified by the whole of the gaming industry as the best looking game this generation has already proven people like you to be in denial and angry at the money you spent on PC.

"bu but teh bullshotz???"

Don't waste all your tears here neakbeard PC nub, save some of those tasty drops for this year since it looks more of the same will happened judging by the competition.

Star Citizen probably won't get a full release till 2021 and will likely be on announced for PS5 and X2 running better than the PC you built thinking it would really be a PC exclusive.

PS:

I know you own a PS4, just makes your remarks all the more salty :P

lol this is some cash angry shit

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao... cows still trying to damage control the fact that the X smashes the half-arsed Pro in pretty much every game.

It's ok cows, the Pro is a decent 1080p/1440p console.

So...will X1X get a graphics king this year or was X1X be another failed promise by MS that ended up costing you $500 in the process????

Xbox fans said PS fans can't talk about graphics now that X1X has released, but since then the only games anyone (gaming media, journalist and critics outside of SW) have been talking about are PS4 Exclusives. X1X has some slightly upresed multiplats cool but that's not gonna cut it.

On X1X's release year, the game people talked about for the best graphics seen on any platform was Horizon Zero Dawn...a PS4 EXCLUSIVE!

Fox X1X's 2nd year, all xbox has going for itself is State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3...Sea of Thieves already released and flopped with cartoony graphics but at least it had nice waves right? $500 well spent!

Witness the Lems #1 candidate for X1X's 2018 Graphics king...

Crackdown 3 NEW 2018 GAMEPLAY!!!

Loading Video...

Looks like the only people who can't talk about graphics are the people who spent money on the hype of powerful hardware with NO games!

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DrLostRib

TC is a crazy person

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tgob89

@sealionact said:

@tgob89: I play sot 1080p on my upstairs vanilla Xbox, and 4k on my x1x...it's a huge difference, trust me.

Your argument applies to games like HZD on pro too then I guess....apart from the resolution, it's practically the same game?

Absolutely correct!

Played on either PS4 or PS4 Pro HZD is still a breathtaking AAAE experience not matched by any game released on xbox one this generation.

With HZD being a graphical showcase and the Pro being able to do it at a better resolution it has the 4k bragging rights over the base version, but it's same game graphics and all.

You're a sharp one, I can't slip anything by you :P

I only bought the base version BTW.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tgob89
@creepywelps said:
@tgob89 said:
@xxyetixx said:

Hey TC I think you forgot to add

*Console* graphics king ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cause for some reason when it comes to graphics king cows always forget about PC. But when it comes to games being able to be played on PC or Xbox One, it always “I’ll play it on my PC where it will look better” SMH

Yeah well, if PS5 releases in 2019 there will be no need for me to use a "PC" disclaimer because it will surly play Anthem at the highest settings and that's the only PC game that could threaten current PS4 exclusives for title of graphics king in the near future.

Everyone knows Star Citizen is stuck in dev hell and probably won't see a full release til 2021 and both PS5 and X2 will likely get better versions than 90% of dedicated PC gamers.

Lol, what? My God, you're delusional.

Really? About what exactly?

Enlighten me :)

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 9900 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@zaryia said:

1. Far Cry 5 on PC ultra looks better and is the current gen graphics king. Witcher 3 ULTRA with mods also looks better. Several PC games on ULTRA are better than anything on console.

2. 99% of games on PS4/PRO look and run considerably better on PC. Worlds better. This means nearly your entire library is preferred to be played on PC< by significant margins. Good job. Why does your toy run Destiny 2 at 30 fps lmao.

3. Lmao 20-30 fps on low-medium warrior. The whole gen too, and last gen. Probably next gen as well. Upgrading for $650 every 3 years? All the hassle of PC upgrades with none of the benefits.

4. lmao bullshots and graphics awards that are taking into account PS4s shitty hardware and impressed by what it can do.

1. Nice opinion, any professional unbiased sources to back that opinion up? No? Ok, next.

2. Ok, don't see how that is relevant to my post which is centered around exclusives but at least you tried.

3. Are you ok? Don't have a melt down bud you can still brag about have few extra frams when PS5 comes out for spending double or triple that amount.

4. I know life is hard for hermits who spent their life savings on their PC's to feel some kind of self worth only to get minimal results over consoles out of the deal. As far as exclusives go, PC had held the "L" when it comes to the most impressive looking games released every year.

1. Far Cry 5 came out in 2018. 2017 awards (ones that mostly only count consoles tech achievements) don't apply to a game that was several months from even launching, you moron. FC5 on PC is the gfx king currently for this gen. It isn't even close, show me PURE in game user shots of Horizon that look nearly as good as this,

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/868/39329282150_030d65299e_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/888/41085497522_7cbabd214a_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/822/40221087975_a8c3041f14_o.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/783/40411325394_863647c6ab_o.png

https://abload.de/img/farcry52018-3-28-12-432sbz.jpg

https://abload.de/img/farcry52018-3-28-22-1riu8m.jpg

You lost and you lost badly.

2. Just letting you know 99% of Best looking games are on PC. Almost every game you play is far far superior on PC. You're a second rate gamer. And not just by a little bit. Know that every time you load up that PS4, PC has the FAR and away easily noticeable much better experience for 99% of your titles.

3. Double to Trippe =/= few extra frames. Low =/= Ultra minimal results. Please do not state factually inaccurate statements. It's insulting to people with eyes.

4. You're bragging about PS5, spending $650 every 3 years to play games on low at 20fps? Rofl. At least when PC gamers upgrade every 3 years, we end up with the good version of games. All the cons of PC upgrading, none of the benefits.

Deal with your 2nd/3rd place status on your own time and stop shit posting against the first place system at DF, MC, and GS.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4231 Posts

@tgob89: Firstly, HZD is a looker... No doubt. It was probably the best looking game around until AC got an enhanced x1x version, which was only bested more recently by far cry 5.

Secondly, any game that jumps resolution 400% to native 4k would look noticeably better, which probably explains why you think the two versions of HZD look so similiar; Pro only manages checkerboard 4k.

No wonder Sony didn't have the cojones to call it the ps4K eh?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tgob89

@zaryia said:
@tgob89 said:

1. Nice opinion, any professional unbiased sources to back that opinion up? No? Ok, next.

2. Ok, don't see how that is relevant to my post which is centered around exclusives but at least you tried.

3. Are you ok? Don't have a melt down bud you can still brag about have few extra frams when PS5 comes out for spending double or triple that amount.

4. I know life is hard for hermits who spent their life savings on their PC's to feel some kind of self worth only to get minimal results over consoles out of the deal. As far as exclusives go, PC had held the "L" when it comes to the most impressive looking games released every year.

1. Far Cry 5 came out in 2018. 2017 awards (ones that mostly only count consoles tech achievements) don't apply to a game that was several months from even launching, you moron. FC5 on PC is the gfx king currently for this gen. It isn't even close, show me PURE in game user shots of Horizon that look nearly as good as this,

You lost and you lost badly.

2. Just letting you know 99% of Best looking games are on PC. Almost every game you play is far far superior on PC. You're a second rate gamer. And not just by a little bit. Know that every time you load up that PS4, PC has the FAR and away easily noticeable much better experience for 99% of your titles.

3. Double to Trippe =/= few extra frames. Low =/= Ultra minimal results. Please do not state factually inaccurate statements. It's insulting to people with eyes.

4. You're bragging about PS5, spending $650 every 3 years to play games on low at 20fps? Rofl. At least when PC gamers upgrade every 3 years, we end up with the good version of games. All the cons of PC upgrading, none of the benefits.

Deal with your 2nd/3rd place status on your own time and stop shit posting against the first place system at DF, MC, and GS.

1. Again nice opinion. Yes HZD was validated in 2017 awards of which there are none to speak of for Far Cry 5 which highlights my point, you have an opinion and nothing more.

You seem mad because calling someone names like a child and ranting while posting pics doesn't equate to validation your opinion over any random system wars fanboy. I aked for professional unbiased sources and you brought me tears and more of you stating your opinion loudly. Thanks for trying.

2. Best looking game in 2015 was The Order 1886, Best looking games in 2016 was Uncharted 4, Best looking games in 2017 was Horizon Zero Dawn...All PS4 exclusives. Looks like your 99% of best looking games on PC didn't work out too well. Eh not my problem, brush up on your math skillz.

3. If posting factually incorrect statements is insulting then your first point shouldn't exist, but there it is. You should work on practicing your own advice before trying to preach it to others.

4. lol what are you talking about every 3 years? I got my PS4 in 2013 and to my knowledge I can still play every game that was ever made for it. And what games am I playing at 20fps?

You take the phrase desperate fanboy and put a whole new meaning to it. When I upgrade to new consoles it lasts for an entire generation, I don't know what bizarro land you're living in but stay off the drugs.

Stop crying like a kid because unbiased analysis spokesmen and video game professionals don't cooperate your enraged fanboy opinion and grotesque display of manchild syndrome.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12859 Posts

Another stupid thread brought to you by the kings of stupid threads...cow alts lol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19359 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Another stupid thread brought to you by the kings of stupid threads...cow alts lol

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Zaryia

@tgob89 said:

1. Again nice opinion. Yes HZD was validated in 2017 awards of which there are none to speak of for Far Cry 5 which highlights my point, you have an opinion and nothing more.

You seem mad because calling someone names like a child and ranting while posting pics doesn't equate to validation your opinion over any random system wars fanboy. I aked for professional unbiased sources and you brought me tears and more of you stating your opinion loudly. Thanks for trying.

2. Best looking game in 2015 was The Order 1886, Best looking games in 2016 was Uncharted 4, Best looking games in 2017 was Horizon Zero Dawn...All PS4 exclusives. Looks like your 99% of best looking games on PC didn't work out too well. Eh not my problem, brush up on your math skillz.

3. If posting factually incorrect statements is insulting then your first point shouldn't exist, but there it is. You should work on practicing your own advice before trying to preach it to others.

4. lol what are you talking about every 3 years? I got my PS4 in 2013 and to my knowledge I can still play every game that was ever made for it. And what games am I playing at 20fps?

You take the phrase desperate fanboy and put a whole new meaning to it. When I upgrade to new consoles it lasts for an entire generation, I don't know what bizarro land you're living in but stay off the drugs.

Stop crying like a kid because unbiased analysis spokesmen and video game professionals don't cooperate your enraged fanboy opinion and grotesque display of manchild syndrome.

1. It's not an opinion. We have both video and screenshot evidence. This is an objective statement. You lost.

2. Several PC games on ULTRA look better than those. The Order looked like crap in game. Those are console tech achievement awards. 99% of games are multiplats, and these all play MUCH better on PC. Almost every game you play is better played on PC by significant margins. You are a second rate gamer.

3. You're posting factually incorrect statements. The difference between 20-30 fps and 60-100 is massive, as is low to ultra. You're playing the shit version of most video games.

4. You're still gaming on a vanilla PS4? LMAO! You should upgrade to PRO, and then PS5. All for an inferior experience compared to PC. $650 every 3 years for nothing.

Stop crying because you're objectively 2nd and 3rd place at DF, GS, and MC. Leave PC out of your 2nd place war, kiddo.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DrLostRib

oh god the Order, that shit was so grainy

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 683 Posts

I love how the screen shots aren't actual gameplay, but cinematic parts of the game. Check out Anthem for Xbox one X.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By tgob89

@zaryia said:
@tgob89 said:

4. You're still gaming on a vanilla PS4? LMAO! You should upgrade to PRO, and then PS5. All for an inferior experience compared to PC. $650 every 3 years for nothing.

looking at your post again, you're just a simpleton who can't even keep up with an arguement.

4. Yes I'm still on PS4, why would I upgrade when I don't have to and I can play all games?

You making assumptions about what someone has or dose is just your way of making everything fit into your moronic script but this just shows how brain dead your monologue is. First you assume I upgraded to the pro and try to make fun of that fact by saying I upgraded every 3 years and when I informed you I DIDN'T like a idiot you still repeat your same "$650 every 3 years for nothing like"...

Hey genius, If I'm still on OG PS4 how have am upgrading every 3 years? Where did you get $650 from? Wow can't fix stupid.

The rest of your post is just you screaming your opinion again with nothing other than your verified SW fandom to validate your own fanboy opinions.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Howmakewood  Online
Member since 2015 • 5974 Posts

bet RDR 2 is gonna look dope

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Zaryia

@tgob89 said:nothing other than your verified SW fandom

Sit down, kid. FC5 Ultra PC is the current gfx king and looks better than anything on Piss4. Now go play your shitty(no, not just a little bit) version of 99% of games while ironically making a thread bragging about graphics.

P.S. If you made a list of the 25 best looking games this gen, a significant majority would be PC games running on Ultra, sprinkled with Horizon and UC4 somewhere in there. When I say you're fighting and bragging over 2nd place, I mean it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao... cows still trying to damage control the fact that the X smashes the half-arsed Pro in pretty much every game.

It's ok cows, the Pro is a decent 1080p/1440p console.

So...will X1X get a graphics king this year or was X1X be another failed promise by MS that ended up costing you $500 in the process????

Xbox fans said PS fans can't talk about graphics now that X1X has released, but since then the only games anyone (gaming media, journalist and critics outside of SW) have been talking about are PS4 Exclusives. X1X has some slightly upresed multiplats cool but that's not gonna cut it.

On X1X's release year, the game people talked about for the best graphics seen on any platform was Horizon Zero Dawn...a PS4 EXCLUSIVE!

Fox X1X's 2nd year, all xbox has going for itself is State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3...Sea of Thieves already released and flopped with cartoony graphics but at least it had nice waves right? $500 well spent!

Witness the Lems #1 candidate for X1X's 2018 Graphics king...

Crackdown 3 NEW 2018 GAMEPLAY!!!

Loading Video...

Looks like the only people who can't talk about graphics are the people who spent money on the hype of powerful hardware with NO games!

Jesus Christ, Crackdown looks like absolute shit. No wonder lems are in full damage control and meltdown mode lol. Looks like an early 360 game next to Spiderman and GOW.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

I love how the screen shots aren't actual gameplay, but cinematic parts of the game. Check out Anthem for Xbox one X.

Your console is so shit that you can't even defend it with a game that is already out. Ya'll had two years to get this shit right. TWO YEARS!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By QuadKnight

@zaryia said:
@tgob89 said:nothing other than your verified SW fandom

Sit down, kid. FC5 Ultra PC is the current gfx king and looks better than anything on Piss4.

FC5 looks meh. Star Wars Battlefront 2 looks better than it and so does Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 Pro...

I took these screens myself from my PS4 Pro. Notice the HUD on some of them that are taken straight from gameplay.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Zaryia

@quadknight said:

The FC5-Ultra screenshots I posted look better than Horizon. As does Witcher 3 with mods and BFront II.

Also why are your screen shots lower than 1080P? Please post the correct resolution.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 QuadKnight

@zaryia: Nope they don’t.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Zaryia

@quadknight said:

@zaryia: Nope they don’t.

They do, and by a lot.

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/1551/15516546/3365121-3800226830-DYmVTG3UQAADF4l.jpg%3Aorig

vs.

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1570/15700642/3372837-4302609554-farcr.jpg

Open both in full screen. It's on another level.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By QuadKnight

@zaryia: Not really. FC5 looks bland and generic like most Ubi games. It’s a nice looking game but it’s no graphics king.

What do you mean by “Correct Resolution”? These are captured from the share button on my Pro. You want me to pay .PNG screenshots in 4K? They will kill this thread.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Zaryia

@quadknight :

Night comparison,

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/1551/15516546/3365119-3299502092-DYmVEqCVAAAirY7.jpg%3Aorig

vs.

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1570/15700642/3372836-9152060012-40411.png

Embarrassing. That almost looks a gen ahead.

We're done here.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 QuadKnight

^ ^ Crappy GS still compressed my pics since they are supposed to be 4K.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Zaryia

@quadknight: Wow those manage to look even worse now that I can see the lower image quality and jaggies.

FC5 Ultra PC is easily better looking. Not even questionable.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1625 Posts

PC gaming graphics

The problem with horizon and many console games are the god awful piss filters it got going for it. Everything is blurred out, her whole body gets blurred the whole screen gets blurred on movements. It's beyond horrible. the jutter of 30 fps added with that. It's nice to have a still standing picture of it, but actually playing the game itself is just uff worthy. Also there really isn't much going on, on the screen and far away detail isn't always available through aggressive piss filters called dof.

Anyway if you wan't to see PC gaming in its full glory, here you go. Resolution is a bit higher tho. but its 91 pages full of high resolution PC game screenshots without piss filters.

Example out of tons of them arma 3:

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 QuadKnight

@zaryia said:

@quadknight: Wow those manage to look even worse now that I can see the lower image quality and jaggies.

Sorry dude, FC5 PC looks like a generic turd next to HZD, it's not even close. My PS4 settings were screwed up and I was taking pics in 1080p instead of 4K. Here are some actual 4K screens, I just took these...

More in this album: https://imgur.com/a/G4nn8

You have to be really blind and delusional if you truly believe Far Cry 5 looks a gen ahead of these.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Zaryia

@quadknight said:
@zaryia said:

FC5 Ultra on PC easily looks better than those shots, not sure what you're talking about. Those are practically blurry compared to mine.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By QuadKnight

@zaryia said:
@quadknight said:
@zaryia said:

FC5 Ultra on PC easily looks better than those shots, not sure what you're talking about. Those are practically blurry compared to mine.

Well, that's like your opinion man.

I still maintain you're blind if you consider FC5 to be a gen ahead. I can understand having different preferences for visuals but there's no way FC5 looks a gen ahead.

Not even Star Wars Battlefront 2 looks a gen ahead and I consider that game to be the most realistic looking game ever.

Did you right click on the pics and open in a new tab? GS is blurring them out on this page but they are sharp when you open a new tab.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Zaryia
@Gatygun said:

PC gaming graphics

The problem with horizon and many console games are the god awful piss filters it got going for it. Everything is blurred out, her whole body gets blurred the whole screen gets blurred on movements. It's beyond horrible. the jutter of 30 fps added with that. It's nice to have a still standing picture of it, but actually playing the game itself is just uff worthy. Also there really isn't much going on, on the screen and far away detail isn't always available through aggressive piss filters called dof.

Anyway if you wan't to see PC gaming in its full glory, here you go. Resolution is a bit higher tho. but its 91 pages full of high resolution PC game screenshots without piss filters.

Example out of tons of them arma 3:

Yup, Witcher 3 with mods and Battlefront I and II both beat out Horizon, easily. This fact is further detailed in your link.

FC5? That isn't even a question.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 2810 Posts

@quadknight: zoom in real close on Aloy without using photo mode and take a screenshot :P

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

If you care about graphics, you'll buy a PC, not a X1X. That's all folks.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 QuadKnight

@appariti0n said:

@quadknight: zoom in real close on Aloy without using photo mode and take a screenshot :P

It's a stunning looking game and it's easy to see why it swept all the graphics awards last year. I'll take a game like HZD any day over Ubisoft's generic looking games. Here you go bro :D....

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 2810 Posts

@quadknight: Closer than that :P

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1300 Posts

Better luck nextgen ^^

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 QuadKnight

@appariti0n said:

D: How much closer? I don't think I can get it closer than this without going into photo mode...

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#92 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4716 Posts

So we're finally here. I was missing threads that consist mainly of cows posting screen shots of their current graphics king. This is good n old system wars.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2170 Posts

@tgob89: my original xbox one was gifted and i have an enormous back log of games from digital on x360. X1X to me was worth it to juice up my library as well as be a decent platform to bridge the gap to next gen.

Also, my fav genre of games is multiplayer/co-op, so yes very happy with what x1x does. I dabble in singleplayer games once in awhile and the loading times make them more enjoyable. Finished Mad Max and on xbox one id just drive everywhere. X1x, i can fast travel in 20 or so seconds. Excited to go back to Witcher 3 and finish the dlc and not fear death loading screens and fast travelling times.

Hawkeye44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#94  Edited By Hawkeye44
Member since 2017 • 230 Posts

@zaryia

You PC elitist have been on full damage control mode ever since U4 got released. Sony first parties have been graphic kings this gen, it's not even close hence why U4 won all the graphic awards 2016 and HZD in 2017. Even DF said U4/HZD the best visuals ever.

All gaming outlets crowned HZD as the best graphics last year over ACO/BF2, but hey PC elitists on forums knows are than gaming professionals. :lol

It must hard to spend double on a machine only having to play multi plats while a $ 250 console exclusive won winning all the technical awards year after year.

Oh and nice try but HZD is still graphic king

https://imgur.com/7NAaUlP

https://imgur.com/PhVl2iE

https://imgur.com/jXdlGov

https://imgur.com/EB4Uq0j

https://i.gyazo.com/9cbc0edf3f08a35597ac355ea6bd2556.jpg

https://imgur.com/S5wYqYe

https://imgur.com/Fn8171h

https://imgur.com/YxnOotl

Night:

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1570/15700642/3372836-9152060012-40411.png

VS.

http://i.imgur.com/DOpudv8.jpg

https://imgur.com/kuqsgcG

https://imgur.com/6cpcU7S

Keep in mind i took these was from the compressed 720p capture of the original PS4. I can't imagine what it will look like on PS4 Pro with HDR.

@quadknight

Tell me about it, this forum compress so much on pictures:

https://imgur.com/FsBJDoR

https://imgur.com/M0wTN9e

It almost makes the aurora borealis faded like 360p. Those whp never played it don't know how the night cycle blows everything away especially the northern lights.

GOW/RDR2 looks on par with HZD so it wouldn't surpassed until 2019 when TLOU2 drops.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#95 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4716 Posts

@sealionact: In my personal experience HZD looked great on the Pro on a 1080p TV. But once I played it on a 4k display I am of the opinion that it shows not so favourably. I mean, it still looks good, and the art direction is fabulous. But if when we talk about "graphics king" we talk about raw graphics, then there are current games looking better on the X.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Zaryia

@hawkeye44 said:

technical awards year after year.

Technical awards for what the low quality console was able to achieve on that hardware. It doesn't involve PC's brute force, and they usually skip PC either way for decades now. Awards that don't take into account if a game from the previous year still looks better (Witcher 3). Awards that don't take into accounts easily usable mods. Awards that allow photo-mode bullshottery. You don't even understand how these console centric awards work.

I'm sorry, but the FC5 in-game screenshots look better than those photo modes you posted. Especially that night ones. The in-game shots posted by QuadKnight show for a fact that FC5 looks miles ahead of Horizon.

If someone made a list of the top 25 best looking games this gen, it would primarily be PC games on Ultra, with Horizon and UC4 sprinkled in somewhere in there (perhaps 3rd and 5th place). And 99% of the video games on PS4 look and run substantially better on PC.

That is just sad for a gamer so invested in graphics. It's like a life long sports car enthusiast who is only a fan of turbo charged Civics.

I can't imagine what it will look like on PS4 Pro with HDR.

I can, it's been posted twice by QuadKnight with actual in-game shots. FC5 looks way better. Even Witcher 3 Ultra Modded looks better. In fact, modded Skyrim and Battlefront look better too.

The hard evidence is easily seen in photos and videos. PC objectively is the graphics king at the moment.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Zaryia

@quadknight said:
@appariti0n said:

D: How much closer? I don't think I can get it closer than this without going into photo mode...

Lmao what is up with her face and everything in the background looking like PC Skyrim, and all jaggies on foliage? I guess this is why you guys typically only use photomodes.

I'm sorry but Witcher 3 Ultra even looks better than these shots, much less FC5,

http://abload.de/img/witcher3_2017_10_24_0ssbmd.png

http://abload.de/img/witcher3_2017_10_18_0x6lfg.png

https://i.imgur.com/Jlhqc35.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Rcjei5y.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4449/37035111964_c5a9ab984d_o.jpg

Thanks for that, posting FC5 ULTRA at this point would be unfair.

In fact, I can find modded Skyrim shots that look better. Shall I post those?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25579 Posts

@quadknight: Horizon looks good for a console game, but it doesn't come anywhere near the top tier of PC games. Just look at the texture filtering and draw distance settings vs something like this. Everything 30 feet out from Aloy looks like garbage. The textures also suffer. The grass looks decent, but it's non-interactive.

I would say it would definitely contend with unmodded Witcher 3, but modded Witcher 3 destroys it. I think FC5 on PC also looks better as far as technical aspects go. It does look more generic, but graphics king isn't about creativity; it was always about the technical aspects.

Unmodded Witcher 3(ultra settings on PC):

Vs modded ultra settings with reshade:

And more modded shots(notice the major draw distance advantage in the last shot):

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By QuadKnight

@zaryia: Bro, you're trying too hard. I own a high-end PC along with Witcher 3 and while it's one of the best looking games ever made, I still think HZD looks better. The only way TW3 pulls ahead is with mods.

HZD on a 4KTV with HDR is simply the best looking open-world game this gen. FC5 looks dull and generic as hell next to it. The only good-looking Ubi game that comes close to HZD is Assassins Creed Origins but HZD still pulls ahead slightly.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By QuadKnight

@DragonfireXZ95: No doubt, I agree with you modded TW3 pulls ahead but I think using mods is bit unfair so I like to compare games based on how they are shipped. I think HZD looks better than unmodded TW3 and that's incredible for a console game. It doesn't take away anything from TW3 though because there are still areas that unmodded TW3 beats HZD in like water and some textures. It's amazing that TW3 is still one of the best looking games ever made and it's 3 years old. Both games are the best looking open-world games I've ever played and I can't wait to see what both studios have in store for us for their next games.