Will X1X get a verified Graphics King title before this gen is over?

• 186 results
tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll: Will X1X get a verified Graphics King title before this gen is over? (60 votes)

lol @ xbox fans who bought the X thinking they'd automatically get Graphics King status with no games. 58%
Just wait til E3, Phil will drop the Halo 6 2018 release date and it will blow every PS exclusive away. 12%
Resolution = graphics stupid cows! So X1X is aleady graphics king, better resolution means better graphics period YAHAHAHH! 18%
X1X proves without a doubt that power without games is utterly pointless, $500 well spent eh? PS5 might be $500 but at least we know it'll have game to validate that. 38%

It's not looking too likely at this point.

All speculation and reports point to PS5 releasing fall 2019 or 1Q 2020. It's not 2018 and MS still hasn't given a solid release date for Crackdown 3!? Is there still hope by xbox fans that The Mighty X will have at least 1 graphics king before it's completely blown out of the water by PS5?

If MS were planning to release any big AAA titles this fall they should have at least announced the games being in development last year, but all we heard about were the games they delayed from 2017.

We have at least 3 RELEASE DATES CONFIRMED for NEW AAA PS4 exclusives for 2018 that are all considered graphically impressive titles...2 of which, like HZD before them, are both open world.

GOD OF WAR

No Caption Provided

SPIDERMAN

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Detroit Become Human

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So, far all MS has announced for 2018 left to release are State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3. Are those going to enough to top Sony's AAA 2018 titles in graphics?

If MS dose have AAA games to announce and they end up releasing in 2019 when PS5 is expected to come out those games will still get blown out of the water by TLOU2 and Death Stranding even if those games are cross-gen titles.

How many X1X owners are still holding out for a universally praised Graphics King title like HZD on PS4 for the proudly acclaimed "Most powerful console in history" before it's too little too late?

• 
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4133 Posts

Nope PS4 will retain the crown

BOW TO DA KING

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

lol Xbone.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3723 Posts

Not likely. MS does not really seem to be trying all that hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Imagine just how good those games would look running on the mighty X1X

Shame!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 28745 Posts

Don’t know, don’t care. What I do know is that I have played and will play a lot of excellent games on my Xbox One during its lifecycle and that’s all that matters to me. ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c746fddbe486
deactivated-5c746fddbe486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5c746fddbe486
Member since 2017 • 193 Posts

Assassins Creed Origins on the X looks better than those games

https://youtu.be/LrDySKJVm50

https://youtu.be/kWEL6JTdPtA

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 2561 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

Nope PS4 will retain the crown

BOW TO DA KING

@quadknight said:

lol Xbone.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 8764 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

Don’t know, don’t care. What I do know is that I have played and will play a lot of excellent games on my Xbox One during its lifecycle and that’s all that matters to me. ?

Can you list these "lots of excellent games"?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@boycie said:

Imagine just how good those games would look running on the mighty X1X

Shame!

Uh, a shame for who exactly?

Maybe for you if you bought an X1X expecting a graphics king, for PS4 owners, not so much.

PS fans don't need to imagine those games running with a half backed upgrade over PS4 Pro when PS5 WILL run them all full blast @ 4k resolution with possible options for 60fps on all titles.

Those games will look their absolute peak on PS5 so no one needs to imagine what they'd look like running on a weaker system in the X1X.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5110 Posts

ooo a bullshot thread

an SW classic

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tgob89

@tibua said:

Cool opinion..but not one that's shared by the majority of the gaming industry.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371  Online

@Juub1990: No because that’s a stupid question. I don’t care if they are exclusive, if you don’t personally care for them, or if not all received reviews of 9+ across the board. I played a lot of excellent games that I enjoyed a lot on the system.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Juub1990
@Archangel3371 said:

@Juub1990: No because that’s a stupid question. I don’t care if they are exclusive, if you don’t personally care for them, or if not all received reviews of 9+ across the board. I played a lot of excellent games that I enjoyed a lot on the system.

Oh, well I agree there have been lots of excellent games this gen regardless of exclusivity. They're generally better elsewhere than on the Xbox One though.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5110 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@tibua said:

Cool opinion..but not one that's shared by the majority of the gaming industry.

what's the current opinion of the majority of the gaming industry?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3025 Posts

Hey TC I think you forgot to add

*Console* graphics king ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cause for some reason when it comes to graphics king cows always forget about PC. But when it comes to games being able to be played on PC or Xbox One, it always “I’ll play it on my PC where it will look better” SMH

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35729 Posts

I thought PC was the graphics king?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Archangel3371  Online

@Juub1990: “Better” for me is where I prefer to play them and for me that’s on the Xbox One.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juub1990

@Archangel3371: Of course it is.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371  Online

@Juub1990: Yup, yup.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Nope it can put out the best looking game easy, but 4k is a huge performance killer. The X can't put out better visuals than the PS4 and at native 4k. What will M$ say? Thanks for buying our 4K console please enjoy this graphics king at 1440p.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tgob89

@drlostrib said:

ooo a bullshot thread

an SW classic

lol It's 2018! That bullshot line has already been debunked.

Sucks to be a desperate teary eyed damage controlling PC basement dweller.

HZD being verified by the whole of the gaming industry as the best looking game this generation has already proven people like you to be in denial and angry at the money you spent on PC.

Loading Video...

"bu but teh bullshotz???"

Don't waste all your tears here neakbeard PC nub, save some of those tasty drops for this year since it looks more of the same will happened judging by the competition.

Star Citizen probably won't get a full release till 2021 and will likely be on announced for PS5 and X2 running better than the PC you built thinking it would really be a PC exclusive.

PS:

I know you own a PS4, just makes your remarks all the more salty :P

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 10037 Posts

@tgob89 said:

"bu but teh bullshotz???"

Don't waste all your tears here neakbeard PC nub, save some of those tasty drops for this year since it looks more of the same will happened judging by the competition.

Star Citizen probably won't get a full release till 2021 and will likely be on announced for PS5 running better than the PC you built thinking it would really be a PC exclusive.

PS:

I know you own a PS4, just makes your remarks all the more salty :P

1. Far Cry 5 on PC ultra looks better and is the current gen graphics king. Witcher 3 ULTRA with mods also looks better. Several PC games on ULTRA are better than anything on console.

2. 99% of games on PS4/PRO look and run considerably better on PC. Worlds better. This means nearly your entire library is preferred to be played on PC< by significant margins. Good job. Why does your toy run Destiny 2 at 30 fps lmao.

3. Lmao 20-30 fps on low-medium warrior. The whole gen too, and last gen. Probably next gen as well. Upgrading for $650 every 3 years? All the hassle of PC upgrades with none of the benefits.

4. lmao bullshots and graphics awards that are taking into account PS4s shitty hardware and impressed by what it can do.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 10480 Posts

@undefined: I can almost guarantee Crackdown 3 won't be a graphics king game. Maybe Anthem might look good or that metro game. Has there been any news on Halo 6? That'd probably look really good.

Avatar image for eyeboonseyebrow
EyeBoonsEyebrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 EyeBoonsEyebrow
Member since 2018 • 280 Posts

Will Xbox get any good games should be the questions asked

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Scorpio is all power, no talent.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tgob89

@xxyetixx said:

Cause for some reason when it comes to graphics king cows always forget about PC. But when it comes to games being able to be played on PC or Xbox One, it always “I’ll play it on my PC where it will look better” SMH

Yeah well, if PS5 releases in 2019 there will be no need for me to use a "PC" disclaimer because it will surly play Anthem at the highest settings and that's the only PC game that could threaten current PS4 exclusives for title of graphics king in the near future.

Everyone knows Star Citizen is stuck in dev hell and probably won't see a full release til 2021 and both PS5 and X2 will likely get better versions than 90% of dedicated PC gamers.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38666 Posts

Framerates>Graphics. I prefer better framerates to better graphics myself.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tgob89

@zaryia said:

1. Far Cry 5 on PC ultra looks better and is the current gen graphics king. Witcher 3 ULTRA with mods also looks better. Several PC games on ULTRA are better than anything on console.

2. 99% of games on PS4/PRO look and run considerably better on PC. Worlds better. This means nearly your entire library is preferred to be played on PC< by significant margins. Good job. Why does your toy run Destiny 2 at 30 fps lmao.

3. Lmao 20-30 fps on low-medium warrior. The whole gen too, and last gen. Probably next gen as well. Upgrading for $650 every 3 years? All the hassle of PC upgrades with none of the benefits.

4. lmao bullshots and graphics awards that are taking into account PS4s shitty hardware and impressed by what it can do.

1. Nice opinion, any professional unbiased sources to back that opinion up? No? Ok, next.

2. Ok, don't see how that is relevant to my post which is centered around exclusives but at least you tried.

3. Are you ok? Don't have a melt down bud you can still brag about have few extra frams when PS5 comes out for spending double or triple that amount.

4. I know life is hard for hermits who spent their life savings on their PC's to feel some kind of self worth only to get minimal results over consoles out of the deal. As far as exclusives go, PC had held the "L" when it comes to the most impressive looking games released every year.

Speaking of bullshots, you could create some unplayable screen shots of your favorite games from PC running in single digits to post here to make yourself feel better, but I doubt it will change much in the end.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2171 Posts

Xbox One X may not have a graphics king but it does have a fun king in Sea of thieves.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 11772 Posts

@davillain- said:

Framerates>Graphics. I prefer better framerates to better graphics myself.

same

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25601 Posts

So, is this the thread where Cows and Lemmings fight for 2nd place?

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4382 Posts

How can lems say they do not care for PS exclusives? You have to play them first. At least i have owned all Xboxes and genuinely played their IP offerings and found them complete dogshit.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tgob89

@Pedro said:

I thought PC was the graphics king?

When did that game come out?

I thought PC (personal computer) was a generic label for a subset of hardware used to identify any variation of components used on a consumer level?

As of last year HZD was the overwhelming title to receive recognition from professional critics and journalists alike for being the best looking game on the market.

PC doesn't necessarily signify a graphics king, it has to have a game that proves that. Also, once PS5 releases with standard hardware that pushes 4k...PC arguments for graphics king melt away to framerate.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#35 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4722 Posts

Both AC Origins and Farcry 5 look better on the X than HZD on the Pro.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tgob89

@BigBadBully said:

Xbox One X may not have a graphics king but it does have a fun king in Sea of thieves.

But you could have had that same "fun" on a standard xbox one and saved yourself $500+tax!

DF confirmed that outside of resolution the game is virtually the same on X1.

Is that a satisfactory effort for 1 of the 3 highest profile games in the 2nd year of a $500 system that is currently called, "Most Powerful Console in History"?

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

PC gamers should be thanking console owners for being happy gaming at 30 FPS on most games. "Consoles hold us back!" said one developer. Oh really? You mean they establish your limit, so you have to make games playable if at all on consoles at 30 FPS minimum. Which means PC gamers with their $2000+ systems can enjoy their max res ultra settings at 144 FPS on these same games that were, you know "held back", because if devs didn't have these limits imposed by the console "peasants", they'd be eating up all the processing power and memory making insane environments, visuals, AI, etc and you'd be the ones having to accept 30 FPS.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tgob89

@phbz said:

Both AC Origins and Farcry 5 look better on the X than HZD on the Pro.

link?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@nomadic8280 said:

if devs didn't have these limits imposed by the console "peasants", they'd be eating up all the processing power and memory making insane environments, visuals, AI, etc and you'd be the ones having to accept 30 FPS.

This is not correct. I've been a PC gamer since the beginning, and it was really only last gen (and moreso this gen) when this amount of overlap in what games are on both PC and Console has been seen. For decades PC games have been developed solely for PC (many still are, although fewer that are graphically demanding), and you know what? We got by just fine with a range of hardware. Because the devs weren't stupid enough to develop a game that would only sell to the 5 dudes with the best rig in the world.

Another fundamental flaw in your argument is the fact that we don't have fixed settings, and thus are basically never limited to any particular performance point. Unless the dev sucks and caps the game at 30fps (and this only happens with rare console-to-PC ports; that is, the opposite of your argument), there is no such thing as a game "eating up all the processing power" on "insane environments, visuals, etc" and forcing us to accept 30fps - because we can just set those things at whatever we want in order to hit our personal preference

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nomadic8280

@xantufrog said:
@nomadic8280 said:

if devs didn't have these limits imposed by the console "peasants", they'd be eating up all the processing power and memory making insane environments, visuals, AI, etc and you'd be the ones having to accept 30 FPS.

This is not correct. I've been a PC gamer since the beginning, and it was really only last gen (and moreso this gen) when this amount of overlap in what games are on both PC and Console has been seen. For decades PC games have been developed solely for PC, and you know what? We got by just fine with a range of hardware. Because the devs weren't stupid enough to develop a game that would only sell to the 5 dudes with the best rig in the world.

Another fundamental flaw in your argument is the fact that we don't have fixed settings, and thus are basically never limited to any particular performance point. Unless the dev sucks (and this only happens with console-to-PC ports) and locks the game at 30fps, there is no such thing as a game "eating up all the processing power" on "insane environments, visuals, etc" and forcing us to accept 30fps - because we can just set those things are whatever we want in order to hit our personal preference

You have the limits of even the best hardware. Nice try. The only flawed argument, based on what you're saying, is that developer saying consoles' hardware limitations hold back the development of games. Either I'm full of shit or he is. Can't have your cake AND ice cream.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4238 Posts

Love it. Salty cows pinning their hopes on a non existent ps5 to beat the x1x.

Dream on kids....

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19369 Posts

Lmao... cows still trying to damage control the fact that the X smashes the half-arsed Pro in pretty much every game.

It's ok cows, the Pro is a decent 1080p/1440p console.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xantufrog  Moderator

@nomadic8280 said:
@xantufrog said:
@nomadic8280 said:

This is not correct. I've been a PC gamer since the beginning, and it was really only last gen (and moreso this gen) when this amount of overlap in what games are on both PC and Console has been seen. For decades PC games have been developed solely for PC, and you know what? We got by just fine with a range of hardware. Because the devs weren't stupid enough to develop a game that would only sell to the 5 dudes with the best rig in the world.

Another fundamental flaw in your argument is the fact that we don't have fixed settings, and thus are basically never limited to any particular performance point. Unless the dev sucks (and this only happens with console-to-PC ports) and locks the game at 30fps, there is no such thing as a game "eating up all the processing power" on "insane environments, visuals, etc" and forcing us to accept 30fps - because we can just set those things are whatever we want in order to hit our personal preference

You have the limits of even the best hardware. Nice try. The only flawed argument, based on what you're saying, is that developer saying consoles' hardware limitations hold back the development of games. Either I'm full of shit or he is. Can't have your cake AND ice cream.

What? I'm not sure what you are even responding to. What is "you have limits of even the best hardware. nice try" supposed to mean? Your argument is that consoles make pc games playable because they are below the limits of pc hardware. I state, factually, based on decades of real history and the reality of how PC gaming works, that games developed solely for PC work just fine without "console limits" because PC hardware ALSO varies and devs always have and always will develop games that can work for the broad PC audience. The way this works on PC is SETTINGS. We have settings for "insane rigs", settings for "good rigs" settings for "meh" rigs, and settings for toasters. I never said there weren't limits to even the best hardware... in fact that was the opposite of what my discussion point was communicating

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4238 Posts

@tgob89: I play sot 1080p on my upstairs vanilla Xbox, and 4k on my x1x...it's a huge difference, trust me.

Your argument applies to games like HZD on pro too then I guess....apart from the resolution, it's practically the same game?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

@tibua: lol no it doesnt.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@sealionact said:

Love it. Salty cows pinning their hopes on a non existent ps5 to beat the x1x.

Dream on kids....

We're still waiting for a True 4k Xbox and it's going on year three on that promise.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tgob89

@nomadic8280 said:

PC gamers should be thanking console owners for being happy gaming at 30 FPS on most games. "Consoles hold us back!" said one developer. Oh really? You mean they establish your limit, so you have to make games playable if at all at 30 FPS minimum. Which means PC gamers with their $2000+ systems can enjoy their max res ultra settings at 144 FPS on these same games that were, you know "held back", because if devs didn't have these limits imposed by the console "peasants", they'd be eating up all the processing power and memory making insane environments, visuals, AI, etc and you'd be the ones having to accept 30 FPS.

False.

If that were the true EVERY PC exclusive would completely annihilate console exclusives in graphics....we all know that is not the case.

The fact of the matter is the PC development is driven by whatever is the maximum saturation of the accepted hardware level at the time is...and It's NEVER the highest spec hardware!

Because PC hardware levels are all over the place it's sometimes hard for PC devs to gauge at what level to create their game to be successful, which is why you see so many PC games developed at bottom of the barrel hardware specs in mind.

Consoles actually give PC devs a higher base reference for hardware to work from as a start point. So yes PC fans should thank console gamers but not for the reasons you stated. PS5 will start a new reference point for base hardware which will in turn give PC devs to confidence to create games for PC from that higher base point.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nomadic8280

@xantufrog said:
@nomadic8280 said:
@xantufrog said:
@nomadic8280 said:

What? I'm not sure what you are even responding to. What is "you have limits of even the best hardware. nice try" supposed to mean? Your argument is that consoles make pc games playable because they are below the limits of pc hardware. I state, factually, based on decades of real history and the reality of how PC gaming works, that games developed solely for PC work just fine without "console limits" because PC hardware ALSO varies and devs always have and always will develop games that can work for the broad PC audience. The way this works on PC is SETTINGS. We have settings for "insane rigs", settings for "good rigs" settings for "meh" rigs, and settings for toasters. I never said there weren't limits to even the best hardware... in fact that was the opposite of what my discussion point was communicating

*sigh and fml*

I under-friggin-stand how PC gaming works. I used to PC game in the 00's. I understand you can adjust some sliders and change some settings to get a target FPS. Got that out of the way? Good.

Everything I said was about the developer who was quoted as saying consoles are holding game development back. This is obviously because of their inferior hardware. IF THAT WERE TRUE, lets imagine tomorrow consoles are gone forever. Now, games are no longer "held back". Devs can cut lose and take maximum advantage of only the best hardware out there. You think your going to get 4K, ultra settings at 144fps? Haha. Every PC owner is going to be sliding all those settings back to get a decent framerate. Your expensive machine is no longer what you paid for. Cause you know, we ain't seen nothing! Games have been held back. Its consoles' fault. No?

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@xxyetixx said:

Yeah well, if PS5 releases in 2019 there will be no need for me to use a "PC" disclaimer because it will surly play Anthem at the highest settings and that's the only PC game that could threaten current PS4 exclusives for title of graphics king in the near future.

Everyone knows Star Citizen is stuck in dev hell and probably won't see a full release til 2021 and both PS5 and X2 will likely get better versions than 90% of dedicated PC gamers.

Lol, what? My God, you're delusional.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@sealionact: Lmao SoT... Resident sleeper.