Will X1X Be Microsoft's Biggest Mistake With the Xbox Brand?

• 90 results
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

@LJS9502_basic: No thanks. Crashing, installation errors, moving files around, cheaters and no communication? I'll pass. Thanks though.

Damn dude what kind of crappy PC do you have.........

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#52 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: it's a new Apple called the iDelusion - it's made to confuse people into thinking playing games on a PC is hard

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

But to answer the OP - no, I think it's a step up from the X1. Given that MS seems to be moving towards primarily 3rd party and service sales, one of the most distinguishing features their hardware can offer is raw power, as well as baked in goodies on the OS side with BC and scaleability across past and future generations. The X1X feels like the X1 finally stepping out into its true form - fewer "gotchas"; just a powerful machine for big new titles with lots of features. I find it much more attractive than the X1 was - but as a PC gamer I don't have a good excuse.

Just to remind everyone, the X1X looks a lot - in terms of power, features, and unification with desktop Windows - like what the visions for the the brand were when the original XBox was drafted up

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

I think it will do exactly what they intended.

It will have the best looking multiplats and be mentioned as the most powerful console for two years probably.

I think that is exactly what they want.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

I'm not really a PC gamer, but a lot of the arguments against PC's are sooooo 90's.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56  Edited By Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

as unbeleivable at it is the 360 still was a successful consol even though for a long time it had a 30% failiure rate which is higher than any consol before it.

To me this was a big fail and I think it played against them on top of all the crap they said before the XboxOne came out. Sure download only is cute but aren't there. They should've look at Sony's PSP that could only play downloaded games ...

They pay the price for it.

Also this gen they have no chance of going back. They are done for. Also saying their game is also avalaible on PC ... then what is the purpose of the Xbox ? I feel like Xbox will become a service like Steam.

The new X1 will fail no matter what unless they have something interesting exclusive for it. I don't see them having a Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5 or Zelda Breath Of The Wild anytime soon. We are fed up by Halo, Gears Of Wars and Forza ...

I still hope we won't have another gen dominated by Xbox. 'Murica games don't do it for me.

Wormy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Wormy2000
Member since 2017 • 14 Posts
@quadknight said:

Nah, the original Xbone was their biggest mistake. They are still suffering from the mistakes they made at E3 2013 now. XboneX is just an extension of that original big mistake. They won't be free from it until they start from scratch and kill the whole Xbone line.

The XboneX will be dead on arrival. It's only gonna sell to Xbox diehards, even Pachter who is always wrong is right about the XboneX being a future failure. Very few people buying a console this year are gonna walk into the store and see the PS4 with its much better library, the already hot selling Switch or the much cheaper XBoneS and say "No, I wanna spend $500 to play Crackhead 3 in 4K". ? It's not happening.

The XboxX will keep making you a sour, teary eyed, sony fanboy when it is released., like its doing to you now lmao.

I will trade in my xboxs towards buying the xb1x just for crackdown! The first crackdown was pure gaming fun! spent hours on that game, collecting orbs, killing bosses, setting off huge explosions, climbing buildings, doing wtf I want in the city etc..

Cows cant stop bitching and moaning about Crackdown lmao!(mad Jelly going on)

Try playing the game, its actually a shit ton of gaming fun!

Its pretty easy to hate a console you have never owned isnt it?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

LOL at continuing to disregard the head of the Xbox division's statements to the fact they don't expect a sales juggernaut from the X1X. It's hilarious how everything this company has said regarding expectations among other things regarding the 1X are brushed off.

When the 1 X is the entry level Xbox then the sales will move if they do as they say and increase to another more powerful premium from there.

Wormy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Wormy2000

@clefdefa said:

as unbeleivable at it is the 360 still was a successful consol even though for a long time it had a 30% failiure rate which is higher than any consol before it.

To me this was a big fail and I think it played against them on top of all the crap they said before the XboxOne came out. Sure download only is cute but aren't there. They should've look at Sony's PSP that could only play downloaded games ...

They pay the price for it.

Also this gen they have no chance of going back. They are done for. Also saying their game is also avalaible on PC ... then what is the purpose of the Xbox ? I feel like Xbox will become a service like Steam.

The new X1 will fail no matter what unless they have something interesting exclusive for it. I don't see them having a Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5 or Zelda Breath Of The Wild anytime soon. We are fed up by Halo, Gears Of Wars and Forza ...

I still hope we won't have another gen dominated by Xbox. 'Murica games don't do it for me.

Gears Of War 4, Halo5, Forza H3 shits on SOny games period.

I do want a switch and the new Zelda tho.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

I do feel sorta sorry for MS, they released a console priced at 500 just to be the most powerful console ever created, but only for what, 1-2 years the most?? Sony played MS big time, because when PS5 launches, it most likely wil be at 399.99 which the xb1x will be at. So what are gamers going to do, buy a system that is 1-2 years outdated, or go with the PS5?

Sounds like a lot of what ifs from a desperate Sony fan.

Look at the bright side you can still hold your Ps4 Pro tight at night screaming your the best EVAR, while a fanboy tear falls because you know it is not the best.

This is how I see most Sony fanboys such as yourself with every good Xbox news

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@CanYouDiglt: Lol.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CanYouDiglt

@makemefamous07 said:

Xbone is DEAD. LOOK at the AWFUL sales its become since launch & WORSE since Phil Spencer took over. The sales of Xbone are down the toilet. PS4 DOMINATING every year & this year is a massacre theyre giving to MS Worldwide!!! Xbone in U.S. are LOW as hell this year Ahahaha GOOD!!! Hell The Switch is outselling the Xbone ALL across the world & U.S. LOL.

NO ONE is buying a Xbone at $200 after that E3 price cut LOL. Who the hell is gonna buy one at $550 (with tax) LOL???? Only the SAME mororns who bought one at launch will buy this crap again. It will die off FAST! Damn $1100 in 4 years for a Xbone console LOL. No games on Xbox only Flops & NO exclusives all year lol. Gears 4 couldnt save Xboner since it flopped Hehehe. The Switch is more powerful than the Xbone NICHE exclusives.

Xbone is a NICHE console Facts!!!

Cry cow just cry it is ok

Cow Tears always taste the best

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 CanYouDiglt

@makemefamous07 said:

@CanYouDiglt: U Mad. Hehehe. Nothing to counter the facts of your NICHE Xboner console besides a picture of a ugly white boy LOL. Xbone is Dead Woooooo!!! Goodbye Xboner & Phil Spencer. Thank you Sony & Nintendo for making Xbone a NICHE console Worldwide in sales Wooooo!!! AMURICA can't save the Xbone LOL. Not even Xbone fans want to buy those trash games like Recore & Halo Bores 2 LOL. Woooooo!

Do you really believe that trash you say? I mean your dumbass talks about sales but Sony is in the worst position of the 3 consoles and Microsoft could buy either like it pays to tip the waiter at lunch. Clearly in the big picture Sony has no idea what it is doing. Sony was almost bankrupt for the almost the last decade. Seriously Nintendo is worth more then Sony. and Microsoft could buy them both with plenty of room to buy a real company.

Wormy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Wormy2000

@makemefamous07 said:

Xbone is DEAD. LOOK at the AWFUL sales its become since launch & WORSE since Phil Spencer took over. The sales of Xbone are down the toilet. PS4 DOMINATING every year & this year is a massacre theyre giving to MS Worldwide!!! Xbone in U.S. are LOW as hell this year Ahahaha GOOD!!! Hell The Switch is outselling the Xbone ALL across the world & U.S. LOL.

NO ONE is buying a Xbone at $200 after that E3 price cut LOL. Who the hell is gonna buy one at $550 (with tax) LOL???? Only the SAME mororns who bought one at launch will buy this crap again. It will die off FAST! Damn $1100 in 4 years for a Xbone console LOL. No games on Xbox only Flops & NO exclusives all year lol. Gears 4 couldnt save Xboner since it flopped Hehehe. The Switch is more powerful than the Xbone NICHE exclusives.

Xbone is a NICHE console Facts!!!

Gears of War 4 is one of the best games ive played! Reason I bought a Xbox One S, and not a POS4.

Gears4>>>>>>>>>>>>any SOny game period.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

I don't think so.

Will it sell well? Probably not, but I don't think it would actually damage the brand at all.

Forcing the shitty Kinect on everyone at first was MUCH more damaging imo.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@wormy2000: ? Gears is trash and stopped being relevant back last gen. All the Gear games after Gears 3 have flopped lol.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#69 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

@wormy2000: Not for me and pretty much the rest of the planet.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

Absolutely not - if anything this goes some way in continuing the legacy left by the original Xbox, i.e. a powerful well designed machine (perhaps not aesthetically) that was easily able to out-muscle its competition. Sure it was derided for its aspirations to be a stripped back PC, however at least it had an identity, and developers seemingly wanted to try it out.

Now, of course its not going to sell as well as the PS, however trying to go toe-to-toe with Sony isn't proving to be a great strategy for MS as per the current gen (the 360 was the exception not the norm it could be argued, by virtue of Sony's overpriced PS3 launching a year late with largely inferior multiplats). Personally I'd rather they revisit their original Xbox mandate, accept they'll sell less being a 'premium' device, and try once again to differentiate the brand from the competition, even if it is largely by the X's relative power. Developers seem to be positive about what they've seen of the X so far, so for console gamers this *hopefully* should be a good thing.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:
@daredevils2k said:

I do feel sorta sorry for MS, they released a console priced at 500 just to be the most powerful console ever created, but only for what, 1-2 years the most?? Sony played MS big time, because when PS5 launches, it most likely wil be at 399.99 which the xb1x will be at. So what are gamers going to do, buy a system that is 1-2 years outdated, or go with the PS5?

Sounds like a lot of what ifs from a desperate Sony fan.

Look at the bright side you can still hold your Ps4 Pro tight at night screaming your the best EVAR, while a fanboy tear falls because you know it is not the best.

This is how I see most Sony fanboys such as yourself with every good Xbox news

sorry to break it to yah, but i'm actually a PC gamer first, and console gamer 2nd. but looking at your reply, it seems that you lack any form of common sense, and that you can't .....

why don't you tell me how I'm wrong, instead of makiing a pos that makes you look like some raging fanboy who can't get passed logic.

Wormy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Wormy2000
@quadknight said:

@wormy2000: ? Gears is trash and stopped being relevant back last gen. All the Geare games after Gears 3 have flopped lol.

Gears of War is a AAA series, deal with it.

The campaigns are pretty standard but a blast to play through. The online is where it is at tho!

no troubles getting into matches, lots of great maps, great community, challenging players, very competitive which makes the matches very challenging and fun.

JUst a great game all around, you can just shut the **** up already lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By QuadKnight

@wormy2000 said:
@quadknight said:

@wormy2000: ? Gears is trash and stopped being relevant back last gen. All the Geare games after Gears 3 have flopped lol.

The campaigns are pretty standard but a blast to play through. The online is where it is at tho!

no troubles getting into matches, lots of great maps, great community, challenging players, very competitive which makes the matches very challenging and fun.

? That trash series hasn't been AAA since 2011. Every game after Gears 3 has flopped on GS. Butthurt lems like you are clinging on to past glory days when the series was still relevant.

Wormy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Wormy2000

@quadknight said:
@wormy2000 said:
@quadknight said:

? That trash series hasn't been AAA since 2011. Every game after Gears 3 has flopped on GS. Butthurt lems like you are clinging on to past glory days when the series was still relevant.

how am I butthurt, when I have spent over 300 hours with Gears Of War4 on my XboxOneS and always have had very fun, competitive matches. Cant do that on the POS4, No online games better than GOW4.

Tons of tournaments going on with the series, because the game is very popular/competitive/plus the game is fucking amazing, is why its not trash, your just jelly, its sad.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

No not a mistake, but for me don't see the appeal right now to buy it. The lack of FP AAA exclusives coming out any time soon, i can wait.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@quadknight said:

@wormy2000: ? Gears is trash and stopped being relevant back last gen. All the Gear games after Gears 3 have flopped lol.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

These comments...lmfao.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

@Chutebox: PLAY OF THE GAME Sir....Play of the game.

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

It's $500 not $1,000,000 broke whiny bitches.

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

Biggest mistake they have made is not releasing the X1X pre-orders yet. Talk about killing hype they had from E3!

I'll pick one up but starting to question whether it'll be day 1 or not.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@moosewayne said:

Yeah I don't get it either, in a world where everyone spends $10 a day buying a few coffees, spending more than $500 on a cell phone a year or two, people complain about buying a new console that can last 5+ years.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@quadknight said:

They won't be free from it until they start from scratch and kill the whole Xbone line.

Yeah , MS should kill the whole Xbox line and let Sony monopolize the whole console market so maybe later they can increase the price of PS Plus subscription

UNcartMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 UNcartMe
Member since 2011 • 725 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

Finally someone who understands business.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

It's not meant to beat the ps4 in sales. It's a disruptive product designed to take away sony's claim for best graphics. Once the conversation shifts they will probably drop the price and then set things up for the next xbox where they will reclaim the top spot.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@UNcartMe said:
@daredevils2k said:

That's 1-2 years of "multiplats are better on the one x."

MS wants the headlines.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By QuadKnight

@the_master_race said:
@quadknight said:

They won't be free from it until they start from scratch and kill the whole Xbone line.

Yeah , MS should kill the whole Xbox line and let Sony monopolize the whole console market so maybe later they can increase the price of PS Plus subscription

Notice I said "Xbone line" and not Xbox consoles. The devil is in the details man.

I don't want Xbox to go anywhere, I want them to start afresh with a completely new console free of the Xbox One philosophy and name. They need that if they want to actually be competitive against Sony.

@moosewayne said:

The graphics card alone on my PC cost roughly about that. It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of what you get for the money you pay. The XboneX doesn't offer much in the way of games for what you are paying. Sure, if all you care for is MS' mediocre first party games and multiplats it's okay, but if you want more it's severely lacking.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@UNcartMe said:
@daredevils2k said:

That's 1-2 years of "multiplats are better on the one x."

MS wants the headlines.

Congrats, Multi plats looks better on the xb1x and???? do you honestly think that is the selling point for the xb1x, do you honestly think herd of people are going to go run out and buy the xb1x @ 500.00, if Sony announces or unveils the ps5 within 1-2 years time frame? i'm sorry to be tthe bearer of bad news, but people would rather wait then be stuck with a console that doesn't have any exclusives worth buying, because if that was the case, then the xb1 wouldn't be 30 million behind the ps4. but hey its okay to dream, because that is what keeps hope alive.

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

I'm getting a 1X. But I'm not a broke asshole that complains about stuff just cause I can't afford it.

Mariolover6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Mariolover6
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Yes, the price will hurt it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

@UNcartMe:

Show us where that bad MS/Xbox touched you...

lolol :P