Will Uncharted Trilogy Remaster actually be a remaster?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Halo MCC and TLOU leading up to both we heard how those games were being retextured in great detail but the big announcement for Uncharted Trilogy is simply '1080p 60fps'.

Are they really going to do straight ports and up the resolution? Has anyone come across more detailed info on exactly what they're doing with this thing?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Maybe we should ask that big mouth bitch Yu.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Probably just a remaster with some touch ups, but Bluepoint is the best studio for the job

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blueinheaven

@Blabadon said:

Probably just a remaster with some touch ups, but Bluepoint is the best studio for the job

That's what I'm asking. It sounds like a straight port which isn't really a remaster it's just the PS3 version in 1080p. You're not the first to show confidence in Bluepoint though, which is a good sign.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

From the Playstation Blog

That means not only delivering the single-player campaigns ofUncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, andUncharted 3: Drake’s Deception in 1080p and 60fps with better lighting, textures, and models, but also adding a range of improvements and additions across all three games including Photo Mode and new trophies. We put together the list of these improvements and additions based on countless forum posts, messages, Tweets, and even through personal conversations we’ve had with a number of you over the years. More on these specifics in future updates.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

You know what it is?

Day mother fucking 1.

awwwww yeahhhh

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@blueinheaven: a straight port doesn't include any sort of engine tweaks or texture upgrades at all. This is a remaster.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

No Caption Provided

They fired her ass or something. She's with Amazon now creating nanobots.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blueinheaven

@Nike_Air said:

From the Playstation Blog

That means not only delivering the single-player campaigns ofUncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, andUncharted 3: Drake’s Deception in 1080p and 60fps with better lighting, textures, and models, but also adding a range of improvements and additions across all three games including Photo Mode and new trophies. We put together the list of these improvements and additions based on countless forum posts, messages, Tweets, and even through personal conversations we’ve had with a number of you over the years. More on these specifics in future updates.

That sounds promising. It's actually the first one I'm most hoping gets some extra attention it looks kind of grim on PS3 lol.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Legend002 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

They fired her ass or something. She's with Amazon now creating nanobots.

Christ. That didn't last long. They probably got tired of that big trap of hers. Will look into this further to take a shit on.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Well since Bluepoint Games is doing the work we may actually end up with a true remaster, unlike that crap Greedy Dog did with TLOU: Upresd Edition.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22882 Posts

Day never for me.... :P couldn't be less interested in old average games.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

More Sony milkage confirmed. Why are cows so excited to repurchase games from last gen? Oh that's right, this is the faction that purchased a demo for $40.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44656 Posts

I didn't like the series enough to double dip for any reason, no unless maybe it ends up for $20 on PS4 for a remastered trilogy but even then not a sure thing.

I'd rather see a PS4 remaster of something like the Motorstorm games (except Apocalypse, that game was shit). If they did Apocalypse though they'd have to do more than just re-skin it, they'd need to do things like change the way the camera behaves, especially in 1st person, it sucks trying to race in 1st person (the only way to get any rush in a Motorstorm game as third person just seems slow), then when you try to head check left, right, behind you, the camera goes into a weird third person view instead of 1st person and totally throws me off due to the perspective shift. That's the least of the game's problems, so, in a real remake, they should totally remake it into something good while still preserving the best of it. They can release the first two games re-skinned though, they were great.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

day 1 for me. Bluepoint did a fantastic job on the MGS remasters

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Remasters by how the industry has come to define them is simply tweaking one or two things and adding 1080p with 60fps. It has never really been about updating the graphics and such. Maybe fixing the lighting in a cutscene or something minor like that.

A Remake on the other hand, thats recreating an old game with today's standards of graphics and such.

Remasters are just ports. People need to stop confusing it with a game being remade.

Uncharted Collection will just me the same PS3 games at 1080p 60fps, nothing more.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@TheEroica said:

Day never for me.... :P couldn't be less interested in old average games.

Even Uncharted 2? For realz?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Why are ND/Sony putting resources into old games instead of finishing the new one?

Woops...... I forgot cows need milked! Who can refuse an easy pay check?

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blueinheaven

@GarGx1 said:

Why are ND/Sony putting resources into old games instead of finishing the new one?

They aren't, Bluepoint are doing it. You would know this if you bothered to read the thread.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEroica  Moderator

@bobrossperm: I'm being a little harsh. I really enjoyed Uncharted 1... I played Uncharted 2 directly after the first and I think after two thirds of the second game I was kinda sick of it... Which is maybe a little unfair, but also, maybe really telling? Either way, I enjoyed all the games, including golden abyss. Outside of exquisite set piece design, I Just never saw what pushed the game to such excitement for folks...

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BobRossPerm
@TheEroica said:

@bobrossperm: I'm being a little harsh. I really enjoyed Uncharted 1... I played Uncharted 2 directly after the first and I think after two thirds of the second game I was kinda sick of it... Which is maybe a little unfair, but also, maybe really telling? Either way, I enjoyed all the games, including golden abyss. Outside of exquisite set piece design, I Just never saw what pushed the game to such excitement for folks...

Fair enough. And it's not like UC1 and 3 are even very good at all. Dropped the ball with 3 so bad. But yeah, I find UC2 to be one of the most enjoyable games of last gen. Though a tid bit overrated? How was The Last Of Us for you then?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

reading iz hard

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheEroica  Moderator

@bobrossperm: a special game in terms of atmosphere and video game story telling... From a gameplay perspective, a dull first half followed by and incredible finish. You?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GarGx1

@blueinheaven: I was trolling but there is a serious backdrop to it.

It's still milking old games for easy profit, like 90% of re-master ports. There may be some new textures and a higher res and frame rate but it's still the exact same games. How many people have played these already and could play them again, for free, if they could be bothered plugging in their old console?

This is the exact reason why console manufacturers don't allow backward compatibility, it's an easy pay day for them.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GarGx1

@Flubbbs: Who is paying Bluepoint?

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BobRossPerm
@TheEroica said:

@bobrossperm: a special game in terms of atmosphere and video game story telling... From a gameplay perspective, a dull first half followed by and incredible finish. You?

I'd say it's a great game in execution, not an innovative bone in it's body though. It's one of the best third person shooters i've played and while it's darn slow at the beginning, it picks up at about Bills town. Can't help in thinking there is so much room for improvement to Naughty Dog's action adventure formula though. Which is why i'm keeping an eye out for Uncharted 4 to see if they are using the PS4 to do new and interesting things.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56351 Posts

I don't care, day one purchase baby. Anyone that doesn't like what I'm doing, not my problem.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blueinheaven

@GarGx1 said:

@blueinheaven: I was trolling but there is a serious backdrop to it.

It's still milking old games for easy profit, like 90% of re-master ports. There may be some new textures and a higher res and frame rate but it's still the exact same games. How many people have played these already and could play them again, for free, if they could be bothered plugging in their old console?

This is the exact reason why console manufacturers don't allow backward compatibility, it's an easy pay day for them.

It's not really aimed at people who have played these games before. Lots of people moved from 360 to PS4. They are the ones who bought TLOU Remastered en masse and they are the same people who will buy this so they know what all the fuss is about when U4 kicks in.

I will buy it because I didn't play them all on PS3 in fact I got bored halfway through the first one and just stopped playing it but the other two are supposedly better. I'll buy it and find out.

There will also be people who just want the better versions of games they really liked. In that sense I suppose the current console gen could be accused of milking but really, nobody is forcing anyone to buy any of this stuff. It's optional, it doesn't hurt anyone that it's there. As long as these remasters don't happen at the expense of a new game being shelved I don't see a problem.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Halo MCC and TLOU leading up to both we heard how those games were being retextured in great detail but the big announcement for Uncharted Trilogy is simply '1080p 60fps'.

Are they really going to do straight ports and up the resolution? Has anyone come across more detailed info on exactly what they're doing with this thing?

Thats what these companies have been doing with remasters all along. Just another reason why i love Nintendo and their remakes, remakes are greater than remasters. Its great for newcomers who havnt played the game, but they need to lower the price on these cheap remasters. I feel the games should be given free to those who buy the newer games of the series. When i bought Bayonetta 2 a few days ago i received a copy of Bayonetta for free in the case. But o well, if people buy them, then people want them. Im fine if people want them.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GarGx1

@blueinheaven: There is no way to get real figures on who's buying what in terms of last generation, it would all be guess work and presumption. Great for people who haven't played them and I'm sure there are plenty. It's also absolutely everyone's right to decide how they spend their hard earned money, so no disagreement there.

The practice itself, however, is a planned execution of a conscious decision from Sony (in this case) or MS to not allow backward compatibility and make easy profit from releasing older games with a few graphical tweaks. That's what I don't like, in my opinion (and it's exactly that) it's over all damaging to the games industry as it stifles innovation and the push to generate new I.P's. Over all, supporting this massive increase in revamping old games is a vote in favour of stagnation and that's bad.

I accept that PS4 having backward compatibility with PS3 would be more difficult, due to architecture but that's not the case with MS and Xbox 360 to Xbox One.

We, as the tip of the gaming consumer spear (there are very few casual/non enthusiast gamers in system wars (ignoring the hardcore trolls)), should be discouraging the practice, not promoting it.

Apologies, I'm derailing your thread.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think the game that will have the most improvement is Drake's Fortune. It holds up as having ok graphics IMO, but it's no where near the third game... or the second for that matter. The better character models and improved textures will benefit this game the most. I also heard that they are going to do a couple gameplay tweeks which I hope means that they will get rid of the SixAxis stuff in Drake's Fortune and make throwing grenades like the other two games. Either way, this is my favorite series and I've got this preordered. I'll be able to disconnect my PS3 for a while after I get this.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blueinheaven

@iandizion713 said:
@blueinheaven said:

Thats what these companies have been doing with remasters all along. Just another reason why i love Nintendo and their remakes, remakes are greater than remasters. Its great for newcomers who havnt played the game, but they need to lower the price on these cheap remasters. I feel the games should be given free to those who buy the newer games of the series. When i bought Bayonetta 2 a few days ago i received a copy of Bayonetta for free in the case. But o well, if people buy them, then people want them. Im fine if people want them.

I don't think they should give them away free to people who bought the original version there is a lot of work put into some of these remasters but I absolutely agree they need to lower the prices.

@GarGx1 said:

@blueinheaven: There is no way to get real figures on who's buying what in terms of last generation, it would all be guess work and presumption. Great for people who haven't played them and I'm sure there are plenty. It's also absolutely everyone's right to decide how they spend their hard earned money, so no disagreement there.

The practice itself, however, is a planned execution of a conscious decision from Sony (in this case) or MS to not allow backward compatibility and make easy profit from releasing older games with a few graphical tweaks. That's what I don't like, in my opinion (and it's exactly that) it's over all damaging to the games industry as it stifles innovation and the push to generate new I.P's. Over all, supporting this massive increase in revamping old games is a vote in favour of stagnation and that's bad.

I accept that PS4 having backward compatibility with PS3 would be more difficult, due to architecture but that's not the case with MS and Xbox 360 to Xbox One.

We, as the tip of the gaming consumer spear (there are very few casual/non enthusiast gamers in system wars (ignoring the hardcore trolls)), should be discouraging the practice, not promoting it.

Apologies, I'm derailing your thread.

Backward compatibility is just a way to play your old games on your new system. You won't be playing them in 1080p and you absolutely won't have higher resolution textures across the board like you'll get with a good remaster I am in the camp who believes having 'modernised' upgraded versions of great games is a good thing. If you want to play your old games forever, don't sell your damn consoles. I still have my 360 and PS3.

You see it as the industry standing still I see it as a welcome distraction while we wait for the big games to arrive. It's taking way too long this gen and I don't know what the problem is but it absolutely is not due to remasters. Every single dev team that puts out a remaster either has a seperate team to handle it or just ships it out to someone else. It's not holding anyone back.

The reason we have less exclusives this gen IMO is because literally everything is multiplat. Last gen both consoles had loads of random exclusives but now publishers seem to be going dual hit on every game. That's a problem for me since I bought two consoles hoping for great exclusives lol but there you go.

Anyway, remasters are not the demon seed they are just there you buy them and play them if you want to or ignore them either way there is zero evidence they are getting in the way of new IP's or holding back big titles.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BobRossPerm
@Telekill said:

I think the game that will have the most improvement is Drake's Fortune. It holds up as having ok graphics IMO, but it's no where near the third game... or the second for that matter. The better character models and improved textures will benefit this game the most. I also heard that they are going to do a couple gameplay tweeks which I hope means that they will get rid of the SixAxis stuff in Drake's Fortune and make throwing grenades like the other two games. Either way, this is my favorite series and I've got this preordered. I'll be able to disconnect my PS3 for a while after I get this.

Though I do hope they add multiplayer later on after release. I know that their reasons for not having it is to basically have it ready by fall, but it's a good chunk of the games missing to be fair. Just a huge update with multiplayer would be fantastic news.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Yeah it's a remaster probably.

Instant lameness. Uncharted 1 needs a remake more than anything, fix the doo-doo ass gunplay and level design.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Don't know, but what I know is that they can keep their borefest games.

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune will be remade from the ground up, Uncharted 2 and 3 will just be given the 1080p/60fps (doubt it's a stable 60fps) treatment.

That's how it's always done. Uncharted 1's remaster will be similar to Halo 2's remaster, massive difference, whilst UC 2 & 3 will be like Halo 3 & 4, minor upgrades and 1080p/60fps.