Will Uncharted 4 make Sony "Graphics King"?

• 156 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

My friends, when the confirmed penultimate possible final chapter Uncharted 4: Drakes Adventure is released inspired by Indiana Jones about a man abit like Indiana Jones, while this officially make the video game console "Playstation 4", graphics king, over and above the much touted "PC"?

Graphics
Graphics

Can the pc topple such a behemoth of "very good"?

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

dont know dont care, why do you?

day one either way

-Horuu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Horuu-
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts

I don't think so.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

At least of what I've seen, the new uncharted is the best looking TPS I've seen in my life.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

Nope and Order: 1886 is still graphics king on PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

no

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

When ever people mention Graphic King with consoles, you will see bunch of PC gamers invade the thread! So lets just drop it lol!

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RTUUMM

@davillain- said:

Nope and Order: 1886 is still graphics king on PS4.

L O L oh lawd...

The Order doesnt even do 1/4 of what Uncharted 4 does in terms of.... everything.

The Order is one of those games that we need to pretend it never existed. Lems dont mention RYSE any more, why do we still mention the Order?

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

NO!

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

If it can beat Tomb Raider

Loading Video...

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

With ease.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Loading Video...

lol Uncharted already beat RoTR ages ago.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, when the confirmed penultimate possible final chapter Uncharted 4: Drakes Adventure is released inspired by Indiana Jones about a man abit like Indiana Jones, while this officially make the video game console "Playstation 4", graphics king, over and above the much touted "PC"?

Graphics
Graphics

Can the pc topple such a behemoth of "very good"?

UC4 combines everything , graphics related , in such a way very few , if none , games do with amazing detail in everything. And the result is amazing .In technical level speaking , yes i think we have a graphic king. Easily. If we gonna talk about textures alone ( which what most people considering graphics ) , there are other more shiny textures games out there. So its up to what you considering graphics.

For me UC4 is a level above everything else ive seen up till now. Animations , physics , lighting/shadow , geometry , depth of field , art ..literally everything when blends together ..jaw dropping result.

The game that i think will be able to compete with UC4 is GTA6. Till then ...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It's a fantastic looking game. Naughty Dog does wonders.

These sort of graphically stunning, linear romps aren't really the PC's thing to do. So there is really nothing to compare it with quite yet. Everything major on the PC is open world or a genre like strategy or MMO which has a much different set of requirements than just being very pretty.

I would like to see Uncharted 4 running on high end PC hardware though. See it run at 4k and 60fps. Would probably be stunning.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Loading Video...

The Tomb Raider lady looks very real without looking like a re-animated corpse.

Very impressive.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chikenfriedrice

@davem1992: Before or after the downgrade? lol I just posted that video for fun.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

When ever people mention Graphic King with consoles, you will see bunch of PC gamers invade the thread! So lets just drop it lol!

Well, lying and being wrong usually does that when it comes to any faction.

@ultimateimp said:

With ease.

I've heard this about UC2,3,GoW,TLOU and then Killzone,Infamous,DriveClub,The Order.

We're never going to stop hearing it, and it'll also never be true.

Morf-muziks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Morf-muziks
Member since 2015 • 194 Posts

PS4 is shelling out Graphics King one after anther while Xbone is king of innovating with weird resolution 729p etc. PC gamers have $2,000 set up to run Batman games at 35fps.

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

Don't sleep on Gears 4...

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RTUUMM

@chikenfriedrice said:

Loading Video...

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@morf-muziks said:

PS4 is shelling out Graphics King one after anther while Xbone is king of innovating with weird resolution 729p etc. PC gamers have $2,000 set up to run Batman games at 35fps.

As opposed to running all demanding games at 30 fps and blow at medium settings? Don't let 1-2 isolated incidents get to your head. Most games run and look much better on PC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/?type=face-off. Oh and PS4 has no gfx king yet over PC.

-Horuu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Horuu-

Graphics mean little when the game isn't very fun.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By davem1992

@-horuu- said:

Graphics mean little when the game isn't very fun.

Good thing Uncharted is fun then.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 davem1992

@chikenfriedrice said:

@davem1992: Before or after the downgrade? lol I just posted that video for fun.

If that recent trailer was a downgrade then the original version was beyond breathtaking.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Boy , are you stupid.

But , to answer your question , yes , because it's fanbase is bigger then any PC game in it's genre.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chikenfriedrice

@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

If that recent trailer was a downgrade then the original version was beyond breathtaking.

The Drake face trailer was breathtaking but a lie unfortunately, the gameplay trailer after that was so ugly ( probably why they delayed it after the release of that video )....game looks better now though.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 davem1992

@chikenfriedrice said:
@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

The Drake face trailer was breathtaking but a lie unfortunately, the gameplay trailer after that was so ugly ( probably why they delayed it after the release of that video )....game looks better now though.

That "so ugly" trailer still destroyed RoTR.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Sure thing dude....

danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts

In my opinion the great visuals comes from having great art direction rather than fancy graphic tech. So for me the real "Graphics King" goes to Persona 5. sure the tech behind the graphic are not exactly impressive but the game is so stylish, I cant help but to love it.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11257 Posts

It most likely won't even match the graphical fidelity of a game like Metro: Last Light, Crysis 3 or Battelfield 4 on PC. But for consoles? best console graphics by a mile.

-Horuu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By -Horuu-

@davem1992:

Why do you assume anyone who doesn't accept a dubious trailer at face value, in a world where downgrades occur 80% of the time, is somehow on Microsoft's side?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By davem1992

@chikenfriedrice said:
@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Sure thing dude....

Yup sure thing dude, keep being in denial in you want.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Still not the biggest fan of the new Nathan model. He looks more real. Previous Nathan Drake was a total cutie.

10/10 hottie.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chikenfriedrice

@davem1992: Sounds like you are in denial of the downgrade or just enjoy being lied to, either or.

Me personally, I will play and enjoy both without worrying about which one has the better graphics and more about which was was more fun to play.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 davem1992

@chikenfriedrice said:

@davem1992: Sounds like you are in denial of the downgrade or just enjoy being lied to, either or.

Me personally, I will play and enjoy both without worrying about which one has the better graphics and more about which was was more fun to play.

I will enjoy both games next year, day 1 buy for Uncharted and pre-owned RoTR on PS4, other means on PC if it doesn't hit PS4 (it will but hey)

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chikenfriedrice

@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

I will enjoy both games next year, day 1 buy for Uncharted and pre-owned RoTR on PS4, other means on PC if it doesn't hit PS4 (it will but hey)

Me too with UC4 and I am on the fence on if to get the X1 version of TR or wait for the PC version....idk if I will be able to hold out.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 davem1992

@chikenfriedrice said:
@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Me too with UC4 and I am on the fence on if to get the X1 version of TR or wait for the PC version....idk if I will be able to hold out.

Would sooner rip my teeth out than support timed bullshit.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chikenfriedrice

@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Hope that goes for Sony's timed bs too!

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 davem1992

@chikenfriedrice said:
@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@davem1992 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Hope that goes for Sony's timed bs too!

Yup, not buying FFVII day 1 either.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

his face looks different than i remember

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus: Keep trying troll, most consoles settings are above high and TO is considered the king.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Not so long ago there was a thread about this... Anyways,,, Uncharted 4 looks great and all but technically it is not even close to what we'll get from Squadron 42 next year. What really makes Uncharted impressive is the clever use scripted events and stuff that appears on screen, thanks to the game's linear nature and talented artists (even if we take original E3 Trailer into consideration which looked a lot better. It's still impressive)

However, the hardware and tech that is powering it is not that impressive compared to upcoming PC Games. You see Drake moving among crowd and changing his movement as he moves,,, it's all scripted and it will play out exactly the same every time. Those are just different set of animations (Set A or B or C) that are triggered when you reach Point A or B or C, just like previous Uncharted games. On other hand, when you are hit by a bullet at random place, nothing happens apart from loosing few health points or triggering 1-2 seconds long animation.

In the case of games like Squadron 42/Star Citizen, your body movement is affected by how you are hit by an object (bullet for example). Speed, place of impact, armor, type of bullet, distance etc are all taken into consideration. Also if you loose your arm in PU, and bleed out, you get mechanical arm instead. Tech like that is more impressive than bullet sponge enemies and scripted animations. That's just one example among many others where UC is outclassed technically (I used this example because ND are usually praised for their animations). And if I'm not mistaken UC uses Motion Capture while Sq42 uses full Performance capture, which is more advanced technique than MC. So, no it's not going to be Graphics King. But it's definitely best looking Console game IMO.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus: Keep trying troll, most consoles settings are above high

Not according to DF, troll. Keep up the 20 fps on medium or the rest of the gen for 99% of games, kiddo.

@AM-Gamer said:

TO is considered the king.

LMAO no its not. Even DF said its only console king. You lie so much!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus: Keep trying troll, most consoles settings are above high and TO is considered the king.

F*** no!!

Morf-muziks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Morf-muziks
Member since 2015 • 194 Posts

Can't be as scripted and cutscene filled as Witcher 3

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Well SONY is already console graphics king now, so it would make sense that the title would stay in their house.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RoboCopISJesus

@morf-muziks said:

Can't be as scripted and cutscene filled as Witcher 3

Oh but it will, only in set-peices and on-rails segments with even more QTE.

I hope it can finally beat PC. 4th tries a charm.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

It's graphics are just now catching up to Crysis 3 level graphics.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

lol someone really brought tomb raider into a graphics thread. xD