Will there be a new Pokemon game this year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for charizard1605
Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) 4 years, 2 months ago

Poll: Will there be a new Pokemon game this year? (14 votes)

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Remakes 7%
Pokemon Z 43%
Pokemon X2/Y2 14%
There will be no new Pokemon game this year 7%

Since 2009, there has been a new Pokemon game every year:

2009: Pokemon Platinum
2010: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
2011: Pokemon Black/White
2012: Pokemon Black 2/White 2
2013: Pokemon X/Y

Will Nintendo continue with this pattern of annualization of the Pokemon series, and release a new title this year? Or will this be a rare off year for the series, before it returns next year with a new game?

If there is a new Pokemon game this year, what do you think will it be?

Avatar image for BigBoss255
#1 Posted by BigBoss255 (3539 posts) -

Pokemon Z. Not sure I'd buy it though, I've re-played X and Y too many times already.

Avatar image for AmazonTreeBoa
#2 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

If there is, I won't be buying it. I already own Pokemon Y for this gen. Not buying another Pokemon game until next gen. They are pretty much the same game over and over and I am not willing to buy more than one per gen.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#3 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@BigBoss255 said:

Pokemon Z. Not sure I'd buy it though, I've re-played X and Y too many times already.

I just started a new file after uploading all my Pokemon to the cloud with Bank

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

If there is, I won't be buying it. I already own Pokemon Y for this gen. Not buying another Pokemon game until next gen. They are pretty much the same game over and over and I am not willing to buy more than one per gen.

What'd you think of Y?

Avatar image for AmazonTreeBoa
#4 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@BigBoss255 said:

Pokemon Z. Not sure I'd buy it though, I've re-played X and Y too many times already.

I just started a new file after uploading all my Pokemon to the cloud with Bank

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

If there is, I won't be buying it. I already own Pokemon Y for this gen. Not buying another Pokemon game until next gen. They are pretty much the same game over and over and I am not willing to buy more than one per gen.

What'd you think of Y?

I like Y. Haven't finished it (haven't touched the 3DS XL in a few weeks actually), but I will.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#5 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Send me your pearl friend codes. I'm hype.

Avatar image for zeroyaoi
#6 Edited by zeroyaoi (2458 posts) -

They should let us buy the pokemons from the eshop.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#7 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (12851 posts) -

@zeroyaoi said:

They should let us buy the pokemons from the eshop.

Avatar image for zassimick
#8 Posted by zassimick (10420 posts) -

I just transferred all of my Pokémon from White and White 2 to the Bank over last night and today. HHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!

I'll probably pick up a copy of the next game, but it all depends on the changes and additions that are made.

Avatar image for zeroyaoi
#9 Posted by zeroyaoi (2458 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: so you agree?

I'm willing to pay $1.99 for shiny ones. :)

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#10 Posted by TheFadeForever (2655 posts) -

There running out of names lol

Avatar image for zaraxius
#11 Edited by Zaraxius (221 posts) -

A new Pokemon game every year since 2009, if you're going off of Western release dates. Pokemon Black and White were released in 2010 in Japan, while Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 were released in 2012, albeit earlier in the year than its Western counterparts.

The developers of Pokemon were a little fast-moving with the release of the sixth generation Pokemon games, as the 3DS had already been out for a little over two and a half years at the time of their international release. That's a long time for a system seller. The release of Pokemon Black and White towards the very end of the DS's life-cycle was responsible for this.

I don't think we'll see a new mainline Pokemon game this year. Both 2015 and 2016 will have the expected releases though, I predict.

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#12 Posted by Ballroompirate (25949 posts) -

Cant wait to catch the new legendary pokemon

Avatar image for charizard1605
#13 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Cant wait to catch the new legendary pokemon

I'd throw all my balls at that for sure.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
#14 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3347 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: would use master ball on that shiny charizard.

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
#15 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (29702 posts) -

If there is, it'll be announced this spring.

Avatar image for Reborn_Sigma
#16 Posted by Reborn_Sigma (128 posts) -

Using international release dates to predict what will happen is laughable. There won't be a new game this year.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#17 Posted by finalstar2007 (27940 posts) -

What kind of a silly question is that?

of course there will be a new pokemon game this year its a yearly released title, an annual game that comes out every single year, a more simple way to put it a milked franchise and my guess its either Pokemon X2 and Y2 OR Pokemon +( Plus ) and Pokemon - ( Minus ).

I'll probably still get whatever comes out this year because hey i gotta use my 3DSXL sometime right? :P its been collecting dust since i beat PokemonX but heres hoping the next pokemon game actually gives you stuff to do after beating the game.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#18 Edited by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

What kind of a silly question is that?

of course there will be a new pokemon game this year its a yearly released title, an annual game that comes out every single year, a more simple way to put it a milked franchise and my guess its either Pokemon X2 and Y2 OR Pokemon +( Plus ) and Pokemon - ( Minus ).

I'll probably still get whatever comes out this year because hey i gotta use my 3DSXL sometime right? :P its been collecting dust since i beat PokemonX but heres hoping the next pokemon game actually gives you stuff to do after beating the game.

Where's this Pokemon + and - rumor coming from? o_O

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#19 Posted by finalstar2007 (27940 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

What kind of a silly question is that?

of course there will be a new pokemon game this year its a yearly released title, an annual game that comes out every single year, a more simple way to put it a milked franchise and my guess its either Pokemon X2 and Y2 OR Pokemon +( Plus ) and Pokemon - ( Minus ).

I'll probably still get whatever comes out this year because hey i gotta use my 3DSXL sometime right? :P its been collecting dust since i beat PokemonX but heres hoping the next pokemon game actually gives you stuff to do after beating the game.

Where's this Pokemon + and - rumor coming from? o_O

I saw a video in YouTube where a guy found out some sort of a leak that hint about the next pokemon game to be called + and - .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-Y0CSZxgc

Avatar image for charizard1605
#20 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

What kind of a silly question is that?

of course there will be a new pokemon game this year its a yearly released title, an annual game that comes out every single year, a more simple way to put it a milked franchise and my guess its either Pokemon X2 and Y2 OR Pokemon +( Plus ) and Pokemon - ( Minus ).

I'll probably still get whatever comes out this year because hey i gotta use my 3DSXL sometime right? :P its been collecting dust since i beat PokemonX but heres hoping the next pokemon game actually gives you stuff to do after beating the game.

Where's this Pokemon + and - rumor coming from? o_O

I saw a video in YouTube where a guy found out some sort of a leak that hint about the next pokemon game to be called + and - .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-Y0CSZxgc

Wait, I'm looking this up, and it is for... Wii U?

...

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#21 Posted by finalstar2007 (27940 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

What kind of a silly question is that?

of course there will be a new pokemon game this year its a yearly released title, an annual game that comes out every single year, a more simple way to put it a milked franchise and my guess its either Pokemon X2 and Y2 OR Pokemon +( Plus ) and Pokemon - ( Minus ).

I'll probably still get whatever comes out this year because hey i gotta use my 3DSXL sometime right? :P its been collecting dust since i beat PokemonX but heres hoping the next pokemon game actually gives you stuff to do after beating the game.

Where's this Pokemon + and - rumor coming from? o_O

I saw a video in YouTube where a guy found out some sort of a leak that hint about the next pokemon game to be called + and - .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-Y0CSZxgc

Wait, I'm looking this up, and it is for... Wii U?

...

Nah it'll be on 3DS since WiiU dosent get any games :P

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#22 Edited by Ballroompirate (25949 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Cant wait to catch the new legendary pokemon

I'd throw all my balls at that for sure.

Probably one of the best responses I've ever seen on here lol