will the xbox one x controller still use AA batteries or be wireless in 2017?

• 66 results
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@kingtito said:

I don't think this thread went the way TC thought it would.

Lol, don't think so... common sense prevailed.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34565 Posts

Changing batteries isn't that much of a hassle. It is pretty convenient with a good internal battery though, like Switch Pro controller.

What the hell do you mean by wireless, by the way? All controller have been wireless since like 2005, LMAO.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

AA batteries, especially, rechargeable AA's is the way to go. Unlike the rip-off Phony and their cheap controllers with crap built in crap life battery... Thank you MS, for the gamerz.. Jazz. :P

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#54  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Nintendo's solution was the best one. Add $10 to the price and put in a damn good battery pack that you only charge once a week. No hassle with charging AA batteries and switching them out.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10604 Posts

@kingtito:

Well the fact is that when the 360 came out with that setup, the wii also had the exact same method for controller power, however Nintendo evolved into a lithium rechargeable battery, with the wiiu, just like the ps3/ps4 did. At this time to me, it's kinda stone age to only include the "buy your own AA batteries" method of powering controlless to me.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

People defending batteries....what an age we live in...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

Well the fact is that when the 360 came out with that setup, the wii also had the exact same method for controller power, however Nintendo evolved into a lithium rechargeable battery, with the wiiu, just like the ps3/ps4 did. At this time to me, it's kinda stone age to only include the "buy your own AA batteries" method of powering controlless to me.

It's a good thing it's looking like the majority don't agree. I see absolutely nothing wrong with having options unlike I do with my constantly running out of juice PS4 controller. Bottom line it's all opinions, no right and no wrong. I can't respect yours and just hope MS continues to give options.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

You're really scraping the bottom of the shit barrel when you start making threads about the fucking batteries in the controllers.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

A battery is a battery, it powers the controllers. When the battery for a PlayStation malfunction you have no option to change it. When the battery for the Xbox malfunction you have options to change it. Once again, cows hate having more options.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

"will the xbox one x controller still use AA batteries or be wireless in 2017?"

Isn't the controller still wireless even with AAs?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

The best solution moving forward to have a large size rechargable battery built in like the PS4 does, that last around 15 hours. It can be done. There's batteries on Amazon you can buy to replace the stock one. As much space that 2 AA batteries take, you could easily have a battery 2-3 times the capacity as the ps4s. Personally I think AAs in a product that cost $60 looks cheap and dated. A good quality rechargable AAs included with the controller would be a nice step forward.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kingtito

@metalslimenite said:
@gago-gago said:

A battery is a battery, it powers the controllers. When the battery for a PlayStation malfunction you have no option to change it. When the battery for the Xbox malfunction you have options to change it. Once again, cows hate having more options.

By that standard lemmings hate paying less. Be it a charge n play kit or rechargeable batteries plus a charger, Xbox One controllers come packaged with neither, while both the dual shock 4 and Switch pro controller come with a charging cord.

Get with the times, Microsoft.

You mean we'd rather buy new controllers when those built in batteries start to die? Or buying the charging stations for the PS4 controllers? Or having to buy a 2nd controller because the 1st will die during marathon gaming sessions? That kind of hate for paying less?

Only cows will be against options and use flawed logic for reasons to hate them.

Options>>>>no options it's pretty simple cows.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kingtito

@joshrmeyer said:

The best solution moving forward to have a large size rechargable battery built in like the PS4 does, that last around 15 hours. It can be done. There's batteries on Amazon you can buy to replace the stock one. As much space that 2 AA batteries take, you could easily have a battery 2-3 times the capacity as the ps4s. Personally I think AAs in a product that cost $60 looks cheap and dated. A good quality rechargable AAs included with the controller would be a nice step forward.

That's about the only statement you made that I can agree with. Including rechargeable AA batteries would be a good thing. Built in rechargeable is not.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#66 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@ProtossRushX: would you rather spend 60 in a New controller every time your rechargable battery dies and can no longer hold a charge? Or be able to simply replace a interchangable battery for 10 dollars?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@metalslimenite said:
@gago-gago said:

By that standard lemmings hate paying less. Be it a charge n play kit or rechargeable batteries plus a charger, Xbox One controllers come packaged with neither, while both the dual shock 4 and Switch pro controller come with a charging cord.

Get with the times, Microsoft.

I have a dead DS3 controller, it won't hold a charge, it doesn't even charge when using a wire, the battery malfunctioned. So instead of easily switching the malfunction battery, you don't have that option, you're only option is to buy a new PlayStation controller. Yes you have the option to get the kit but you also have the option to buy cheap ass rechargeable batteries as well for Xbox controllers, they all serve the same purpose and does the job equally just fine. Yes cows love paying more for less options.