Will the PS3 live up to its potential in March. 360 and Wii in serious trouble?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts
Everyone knows Motorstorm will be dropping in March and is a supposed graphical powerhouse. Right now Gears is thee best looking game up to date. But after seeing the behind the scenes footage at Gametrailers of Motorstorm I believe this game could give Gears a run for its money. The thing is Motorstorm is PS3's first generation of games and if it looks nearly or as good as gears nevermind better looking the 360 is already in trouble. Though both games have different styles they both tried to approach some level of realism which Motorstorm clearly wins. I 've seen footage of Mass effect but it either on par or slightly better looking then Gears. If PS3 will already deliver games that are graphically on Par(Motorstorm March, Tekken 6 June 1) or better then 360's best looking game were lemmings, biased artlicles, biased game developers wrong? If 360's updates for Oblivion doesn't match the Ps3 version will haters be proven wrong?  I geuss only time will tell. So let's wait until Mass effect is released and lets wait until  your 360' updates come. Dealing with Sony I have learned to be patient.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1678

click behind the scenes.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Jesus I sure hope we start getting good games soon. VF5 is the start of it but as of right now my PS3 is just a glorified Blu Ray player.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
Jesus I sure hope we start getting good games soon. VF5 is the start of it but as of right now my PS3 is just a glorified Blu Ray player.DaysAirlines
A sexy PS1/PS2/PS3/Blu-ray player :D
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Jesus I sure hope we start getting good games soon. VF5 is the start of it but as of right now my PS3 is just a glorified Blu Ray player.Viviath

God of War 2 *drool*
sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts
Everyone knows Motorstorm will be dropping in March and is a supposed graphical powerhouse. Right now Gears is thee best looking game up to date. But after seeing the behind the scenes footage at Gametrailers of Motorstorm I believe this game could give Gears a run for its money. The thing is Motorstorm is PS3's first generation of games and if it looks nearly or as good as gears nevermind better looking the 360 is already in trouble. Though both games have different styles they both tried to approach some level of realism which Motorstorm clearly wins. I 've seen footage of Mass effect but it either on par or slightly better looking then Gears. If PS3 will already deliver games that are graphically on Par(Motorstorm March, Tekken 6 June 1) or better then 360's best looking game were lemmings, biased artlicles, biased game developers wrong? If 360's updates for Oblivion doesn't match the Ps3 version will haters be proven wrong? I geuss only time will tell. So let's wait until Mass effect is released and lets wait until your 360' updates come. Dealing with Sony I have learned to be patient.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1678

click behind the scenes.
Silvereign
I wouldn't go as far as to say that the 360 and Wii are going to be in trouble but I think the PS3 will turn out to be a pretty good system. That's all I care about.
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 truesKill87
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Jesus I sure hope we start getting good games soon. VF5 is the start of it but as of right now my PS3 is just a glorified Blu Ray player.Viviath

Seconded :D
Konfusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Konfusion
Member since 2003 • 5049 Posts
AHAHAHAH. Very funnay. Wii in trouble ? OK, let me remind you just what is going on. Wii is selling like hot cakes while the PS3 isn't. If some good software starts dropping on the PS3, well that is just awesome. Let's also say that software starts getting lame on the Wii, for some reason (and it's absolutely NOT looking this way). Nintendo has two insanely powerful weapons to keep it up when the other two are strong: 1- Virtual Console. 2- Expendable input. Yeah, you know, expandable input. You can plug in anything on that remote. Just picture this: Wii Sports 2, with a few more games, almost nothing new in AI, but comes with official gear you hook on the controllers. Just that in itself will destroy whatever SONY will try to do, again. Nintendo's in an insanely good position right now. Metal Gear Solid 4 could be coming out in a week and they wouldn't be in danger... I'm sorry, but SONY just got in this gen with a recycled philosophy that's not working anymore. Just too bad. THe Wii is doing good, but guess what? Even now, at the top of the game, Wii owners ALSO are being patient. It's on top, but it's not even doing "good".
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaysAirlines
I think 2007 will be the year that the PS3 gets legitimized instead of ridiculed.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
The 360 and Wii are about the furthest they can be from the word "trouble" at this point (when concerning the PS3). Sales #'s don't lie.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
4 Words: God of War 2 ...I dunno what that has to do with the topic...but it sure sounds good :D
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
PS3 exclusives between now and June Virtus Fighter 5- time exclusive
Motorstorm
Lair
F1
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk

SingStar
MLB 07: The Show

Network
Tekken 5 DR
flOw
Mortal Kombat 2 (online play)
Calling All Cars

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Puckhog04

PS3 exclusives between now and June Virtus Fighter 5- time exclusive
Motorstorm
Lair
F1
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk

SingStar

Network
Tekken 5 DR
flOw
Calling All Cars

xxThyLordxx

Other than Tekken and NGSigma (of course it'll be good, it's the revamp of a AAA Xbox game) that's kind of a weak lineup...

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Silvereign
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]PS3 exclusives between now and June Virtus Fighter 5- time exclusive
Motorstorm
Lair
F1
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk

SingStar

Network
Tekken 5 DR
flOw
Calling All Cars

Tekken 6?
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
Tekken 6 in June ? That is the first that I have heard of this. I heard it would be a 2008 game.

Ptolemaueus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Ptolemaueus
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts

You didn't even talk about the gameplay.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
if it's potential was to do as well as the ps2. then no. that's never going to happen. It might help it become a less distant 3rd place though. the Wii is not going to be in any trouble. of the consoles it seems to have the brightest future.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xxThyLordxx
[QUOTE="Silvereign"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]PS3 exclusives between now and June Virtus Fighter 5- time exclusive
Motorstorm
Lair
F1
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk

SingStar

Network
Tekken 5 DR
flOw
Calling All Cars

Tekken 6?

Tekken 6 is not on that list, its Tekken 5 DR, downloadable on PSN.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
Tekken 6 in June ? That is the first that I have heard of this. I heard it would be a 2008 game.

Nike_Air
2007 in arcades. target date is summer. But the arcade game is built on the PS3 hardware. So a port is very easy to be within this year.
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Silvereign
[QUOTE="Konfusion"]AHAHAHAH. Very funnay. Wii in trouble ? OK, let me remind you just what is going on. Wii is selling like hot cakes while the PS3 isn't. If some good software starts dropping on the PS3, well that is just awesome. Let's also say that software starts getting lame on the Wii, for some reason (and it's absolutely NOT looking this way). Nintendo has two insanely powerful weapons to keep it up when the other two are strong: 1- Virtual Console. 2- Expendable input. Yeah, you know, expandable input. You can plug in anything on that remote. Just picture this: Wii Sports 2, with a few more games, almost nothing new in AI, but comes with official gear you hook on the controllers. Just that in itself will destroy whatever SONY will try to do, again. Nintendo's in an insanely good position right now. Metal Gear Solid 4 could be coming out in a week and they wouldn't be in danger... I'm sorry, but SONY just got in this gen with a recycled philosophy that's not working anymore. Just too bad. THe Wii is doing good, but guess what? Even now, at the top of the game, Wii owners ALSO are being patient. It's on top, but it's not even doing "good".

I don't care about those features I only care about SSBB but 1 game is not going to justify my purchase.:?

If you don't mind me saying the Wii's features are kind of gay and to even compare Wii's hardware and media capabilities to PS3 is like comparing graphics.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xxThyLordxx

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]PS3 exclusives between now and June Virtus Fighter 5- time exclusive
Motorstorm
Lair
F1
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk

SingStar

Network
Tekken 5 DR
flOw
Calling All Cars

Puckhog04

Other than Tekken and NGSigma (of course it'll be good, it's the revamp of a AAA Xbox game) that's kind of a weak lineup...

and what exclusives does Xbox 360 or Wii have coming out within the same time frame.

I'm sure you will list "Also on PC" games as an Xbox 360 exclusive.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Motorstorm
Lair
F1
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk

SingStar

Network
Tekken 5 DR
flOw
Calling All Cars

xxThyLordxx

and what exclusives does Xbox 360 or Wii have coming out within the same time frame.

I'm sure you will list "Also on PC" games as an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Well, for one, VF5 isn't exclusive so that technically shouldn't be up there.

As for Xbox 360? Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Forza 2, and Too Human are coming out before June. That's good enough for me. No, i don't list "Also on PC" games as exclusives like you list Time exclusives as "exclusives". The Wii has Super Smash Bros. Brawl which outdoes all those IMO. In all honesty though, that was my opinion. No need to get defensive.

Konfusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Konfusion
Member since 2003 • 5049 Posts
I don't care about those features I only care about SSBB but 1 game is not going to justify my purchase.:?

If you don't mind me saying the Wii's features are kind of gay and to even compare Wii's hardware and media capabilities to PS3 is like comparing graphics.
Silvereign
Cute, but that's your opinion. The overall [world's] opinion out there seems to disagree with you, and it's just too bad if that makes you jealous or something. The Wii is doing good. PlayStation 3, just like the PSP, is awesome hardware, but when you have a bunch of monkeys on top of a company that still believe that their business plan from over 10 years ago will still work today and tomorrow, for the next 10 years, hey ... it's kind of normal that people want something else, after a while. If it was for SONY, in 10 years you would be talking about how you've been playing the same way for the past 20. That's what Nintendo is changing, and it doesn't matter if YOU think it's gimmicky or not, truth is people embrace the difference. players are. 3rd parties are. what else do you want ?
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
I see no issues for the Wii or 360 this year. The PS3 on the other hand is fighting an uphill battle.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
I see no issues for the Wii or 360 this year. The PS3 on the other hand is fighting an uphill battle.Warfust
KingOfJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 KingOfJersey
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
Well when I was younger I used to listen to Public Enemy and one of their songs was called "Don't Believe The Hype" so the PS3 has to deliver if they want me to buy into "4-D" graphics if the PS3 delivers like expected a dangerous rival for the 360 and Wee-Wee they will make.
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Silvereign
[QUOTE="Silvereign"]I don't care about those features I only care about SSBB but 1 game is not going to justify my purchase.:?

Konfusion
Cute, but that's your opinion. The overall [world's] opinion out there seems to disagree with you, and it's just too bad if that makes you jealous or something. The Wii is doing good. PlayStation 3, just like the PSP, is awesome hardware, but when you have a bunch of monkeys on top of a company that still believe that their business plan from over 10 years ago will still work today and tomorrow, for the next 10 years, hey ... it's kind of normal that people want something else, after a while. If it was for SONY, in 10 years you would be talking about how you've been playing the same way for the past 20. That's what Nintendo is changing, and it doesn't matter if YOU think it's gimmicky or not, truth is people embrace the difference. players are. 3rd parties are. what else do you want ?

People embrace smoking habits, drinking, vandalism and the show My sweet 16 but does that make it right?

Your telling me if SSBB was cancelled Wii's sales wouldn't take a nosedive?

The difference between the PS3/Wii and PSP/DS was Sony had no experience and Nintendo knew exactly what they were doing in the handheld market. Sony has been dominate in the console war for 10 years thats alot of experience isn't it.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

Xbox 360 doesn't stand a chance against PS3 in the visual department. PS3 is already putting out games that can match the best of what Xbox can do in two years 360 will be obsolete.

ko_threat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 ko_threat
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts

I think the ps3 has no where to go but uphill, but thats not saying much -.-. I wouldnt go so far as to say that ps3 will put 360 and Wii in danger, but it is getting better. There are some very quality titles for all systems coming out in 07, however, even if the ps3 had more quality titles in 07 then 360 and wii (which im not sure it will, but i do not know all the games coming out) it wouldnt put 360 or Wii in trouble, the reason is because ps3 is so damn expensive -.-. 360 is however in trouble, but because of the wii. 360 and Wii are the true contenders at the moment, ps3 is getting on its feet, while the 360 and Wii are already running. Its going to be a very uphill battle for the ps3, but the future looks pretty bright, and i plan on buying ps3 in 08 maybe 09 if price doesnt go down much.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
Tekken 6 will not ev be released in 2007. EGM reported that Namco is holding it until 2008 because it needs alot of polish to stand up the VF 5!!! Motorstorm is a game that Sony has made sure they put ll their efforts into, so yes it is the optimal game for the PS3 atm!! Lair, HS and others are not system sellers!!
tricyclon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tricyclon123
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts
IS Blue Dragon for kids only ?