Will Sim Racing going to be relevant for Xbox Scarlett/PS5's library of racing games?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

Poll: Will Sim Racing going to be relevant for Xbox Scarlett/PS5's library of racing games? (12 votes)

Yes! I love sim racing so I would love to see them in Xbox Scarlett/PS5's library of racing games! 50%
May be...... I'm not too sure because Sim Racing is not my favourite. 33%
No! I hate Sim Racing because they're boring so I'd rather prefer to see kart racers otherwise I'd stay with Nintendo Switch! 17%

Dear gamers in System Wars board.

The Playstation 5 has announced since October 8th, 2019 and 4 months after the announcement of Xbox Scarlett (Back in E3 2019), both consoles will be launching by holiday 2020 so I decided to make another speculation thread.

Question: Will Sim Racing going to be relevant for Xbox Scarlett/PS5's library of racing games in your opinion?

For me, if I own Xbox Scarlett and Playstation 5 in the near future then I will definitely buy sim racing games for both systems! Xbox Scarlett will be my primary console while PS5 will be my secondary console.

• 
Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 774 Posts

Yep. That's why the PS5 has the edge. Sony is superior with sim racing over MS.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1888 Posts
@subspecies said:

Yep. That's why the PS5 has the edge. Sony is superior with sim racing over MS.

Well fair enough, every sim racing fans has choices to prefer Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport as long their favourite console has a decent amount of sim racers.

In my opinion: Sim racing always overshadows kart racers when it comes to Xbox/Playstation's library of racing games.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2289 Posts

Maybe

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3182 Posts

Sim racing will be relevant. The genre seems to have a steady following that never dies. Arcade racing tends to go in and out of fashion every few years or so.

I prefer arcade, but they all have their place. You can never have too many racing or fighting games in my book.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MclarenMaster18
@judaspete said:

Sim racing will be relevant. The genre seems to have a steady following that never dies. Arcade racing tends to go in and out of fashion every few years or so.

I prefer arcade, but they all have their place. You can never have too many racing or fighting games in my book.

Understood.

It will be great if Microsoft and Sony resurrect one of their dead arcade racer IP (Project Gotham Racing & Motorstorm respectively) for next-gen.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 2561 Posts

I'd imagine so with the new technology. We'll be most likely seeing better graphics, higher more stable frame rates, advances in VR, and more teraflops for developers to work with. I'm not big on racing games but I'm pretty sure Sony will learn from their mistakes and release a great Gran Turismo game on launch day. Just stay away from that online only crap. Everybody isn't all into that MP. Single player campaigns are still important too.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@valgaav_219 said:

I'd imagine so with the new technology. We'll be most likely seeing better graphics, higher more stable frame rates, advances in VR, and more teraflops for developers to work with. I'm not big on racing games but I'm pretty sure Sony will learn from their mistakes and release a great Gran Turismo game on launch day. Just stay away from that online-only crap. Everybody isn't all into that MP. Single-player campaigns are still important too.

For GT Sport, here is my theory that caused the developer (Polyphony Digital), refuse to add career mode at launch, probably F.I.A (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) was responsible to force them to prioritize to focus on online multiplayer mode until December 23rd, 2017's update (Gran Turismo's 20th birthday) they bring career mode back.

I hope GT7 will have good career mode and a decent amount of content.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 2561 Posts

@mclarenmaster18: Me too. That was just flat out lazy. On PS4's hardware they could've easily implemented a career mode that can be played solo and not online. That's what I miss about the older Gran Turismo. I spent hundreds of hours playing the first few Gran Turismo games doing each and every race they had to offer and winning $1,000,000 cars then playing with all the different upgrades.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@valgaav_219 said:

@mclarenmaster18: Me too. That was just flat out lazy. On PS4's hardware they could've easily implemented a career mode that can be played solo and not online. That's what I miss about the older Gran Turismo. I spent hundreds of hours playing the first few Gran Turismo games doing each and every race they had to offer and winning $1,000,000 cars then playing with all the different upgrades.

Yep, making career mode in sim racing is not even that hard, the way for developers to create it is to set the tracklist for each cup/event.

In original Gran Turismo for PS1, my personal favourite car is either Subaru Impreza Rally Edition or Nismo Skyline GTR R33 LM but unfortunately, the game's car roster mostly consists of 90's JDM.

WESTBLADE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WESTBLADE
Member since 2006 • 548 Posts

Both Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series are not simulators. They're just sim-cades... Get a PC if you wanna play some proper sim racers...

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@WESTBLADE said:

Both Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series are not simulators. They're just sim-cades... Get a PC if you wanna play some proper sim racers...

Sim-cades are still racing simulators though.

So basically it's more opened for any racing fans to enjoy, making it easier to control the car than high-end simulators.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 8470 Posts

With that sort of title, I feel the question that you didn't address in the op is: Why wouldn't they be relevant? :-S