Will Nintendo Switch likely be better choice for kart racing games than PS5/Xbox Scarlett?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) 28 days, 9 hours ago

Poll: Will Nintendo Switch likely be better choice for kart racing games than PS5/Xbox Scarlett? (23 votes)

Yes 78%
No 22%

Here I come again for another early speculations of PS5/Xbox Scarlett!

This time I'm going to ask you a question guys:
Will the Nintendo Switch be better choice for kart racing games than PS5/Xbox Scarlett?

Well currently the Nintendo Switch has:

• 1st Party:
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch Exclusive title)
  • 3rd Parties:
    • All-Star Fruit-Racing (Multiplatform)
    • Beach Buggy Racing (Indie/Multiplatform)
    • Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (Multiplatform)
    • Coffin Dodgers (Indie/Multiplatform)
    • Nickelodeon Kart Racers (Multiplatform)
    • Team Sonic Racing (Multiplatform)

For PS5/Xbox Scarlett I don't think they will have many kart racers as much as Nintendo Switch because if a single kart racer gets released onto PS5/Xbox Scarlett, no matter if it's 1st or 3rd party then who is going to buy & play it?

All I know that Sony & Microsoft pretty much killed off all of their first party kart racers;
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3) & Joy-Ride (360) respectively since end of 2012, plus now they're forgotten kart racers too.

So far the PS4/Xbox One doesn't have any first party kart racers meaning that Sony and Microsoft doesn't want kart racers anymore.

Well most racing fans who plays racing games on their Xbox One or PS4, they much more prefer sim racing and arcade street racers way over kart racers.

#1 Posted by Mandzilla (4082 posts) -

Yup, because Mario Kart is still the king of the kart racing genre. I imagine Mario Kart 9 will be coming out sometime in the next few years.

#2 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

Yup, because Mario Kart is still the king of the kart racing genre. I imagine Mario Kart 9 will be coming out sometime in the next few years.

When I first watched First Look at Nintendo Switch trailer back in October 2016 as they were showing up Mario Kart 8, I thought they were using as a tech demo while I'm expecting them to release Mario Kart 9 instead.

Well hopefully Mario Kart 9 will come onto Nintendo Switch or perhaps it's going to be on Switch's successor.

#3 Posted by npiet1 (2230 posts) -

Mario Kart is the Kart racer above all Kart racers. It was the first and has a great character selection. Every other Kart racer is usually based on the same formula. You play them and think "This is just like Mario Kart".

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@mandzilla said:

When I first watched First Look at Nintendo Switch trailer back in October 2016 as they were showing up Mario Kart 8, I thought they were using as a tech demo while I'm expecting them to release Mario Kart 9 instead.

Well hopefully Mario Kart 9 will come onto Nintendo Switch or perhaps it's going to be on Switch's successor.

I just wish for some Mario Kart DLC with some more characters and maps.

#4 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -
@npiet1 said:

Mario Kart is the Kart racer above all Kart racers. It was the first and has a great character selection. Every other Kart racer is usually based on the same formula. You play them and think "This is just like Mario Kart".

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@mandzilla said:

I just wish for some Mario Kart DLC with some more characters and maps.

True, typically all kart racers featuring cartoon characters driving in their go-karts or bikes, picking up items to attack their opponents as they take advantage to win races.

I also doubt that most racing fans on PS5/Xbox Scarlett will much more prefer sim racing and arcade street racers way over kart racers.

#5 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

Hmmmm........ I wonder who voted "No".

Probably some cows who will think PS5 will better choice for kart racers than Switch because of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled for PS5's backwards compatibility.

#6 Edited by sakaiXx (5467 posts) -

Probably yes. Its a good gift for parent to buy for kids.

#7 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

Probably yes. Its a good gift for parent to buy for kids.

Kart racers are generally suitable for any kinds of gamers.

• Gamers who want to have fun in gaming
  • Both male and female can enjoy it
  • Meant for all ages
  • Not necessary to love cars, motorsports and racing games
  • No skills required from other sub-genre of racing games
#8 Posted by Archangel3371 (27879 posts) -

Probably because if you want to play the best kart racing game, Mario Kart, is only available for the Switch. I still think that Microsoft could make a really great kart racing game using a lot of their first party properties and getting Rare to make it.

#9 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Probably because if you want to play the best kart racing game, Mario Kart, is only available for the Switch. I still think that Microsoft could make a really great kart racing game using a lot of their first party properties and getting Rare to make it.

Well probably the Xbox Scarlett might get a 1st party kart racer, if it does then hopefully it will be as good as N64's Diddy Kong Racing.

#10 Posted by mojito1988 (3597 posts) -

Yes. Switch is portable.

#11 Posted by AJStyles (812 posts) -

LOL kart racers. It’s not 1999 anymore. Grow up.

#12 Posted by Telekill (8435 posts) -

The problem with kart racers is that they are too similar. I got Mario Kart 8D on Switch and have zero plans to buy another kart racer maybe ever.

#13 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Yet how come I get to see you hype up for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled? lolz.

Oh I also guess you're also wishing Sony to make Modnation Racers 2 lolz.

#14 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@Telekill said:

The problem with kart racers is that they are too similar. I got Mario Kart 8D on Switch and have zero plans to buy another kart racer maybe ever.

I kinda agreed with your opinion about kart racers, that's why I much more prefer sim racing and arcade street racing way over kart racers.

If there is Mario Kart 9 then I'm thinking to buy it because Mario Kart is an essential game for Nintendo owners.

So have you tried Crash Team Racing before?

#15 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@mojito1988 said:

Yes. Switch is portable.

Kart racers are definitely for everyone!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#16 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13612 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Nice attitude.

#17 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:
@ajstyles said:

Nice attitude.

AJ is just a mad cow who hatred towards kart racers because due to the fact Sony hasn't released any 1st party kart racer IP for about 7 years since after the release of LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3) lolz.

#18 Posted by Speeny (1619 posts) -

I think so.

#19 Posted by DocSanchez (5265 posts) -

Kart racing games are so small a genre and largely irrelevant. There really is only one that has huge mainstream appeal and that's because of past glories.

This is a leading question because the answer is obvious: Nintendo still puts great stock in theirs, its one of their golden titles it releases every gen. To everyone else, kart racers are just not a priority. Even when released, they aren't a big deal.

You might as well ask: Will Nintendo switch be the best hybrid handheld/home console next gen? Will Nintendo have the best 3D platformer next gen? Answers are always going to go in your favour, but are these questions worth asking when no one else is going for the crown?

#20 Posted by robert_sparkes (3012 posts) -

I think kart racers are always better suited to handhelds. The switch is perfect for the genre.

#21 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@speeny said:

I think so.

Roger that!

#22 Posted by Litchie (23852 posts) -

Yup. All thanks to Mario Kart. The rest are either good or bad ripoffs, and doesn't come close to MK.

#23 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Yup. All thanks to Mario Kart. The rest are either good or bad ripoffs, and doesn't come close to MK.

Sony fanboys are all going to cry if PS5 isn't getting a first party kart racer lolz!

Plus they're also mad that Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled is coming to Nintendo Switch.

#24 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2362 posts) -

What an idiotic thread. Like people are placing kart racers on some pedestal or voting them GOTY. Have fun paying full prices for Wii U ports, buddy

#25 Posted by pyro1245 (4981 posts) -

Like any Kart racer, it depends on the track design and item distribution. Mario Kart will be the game all the other are compared against.

#26 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

@valgaav_219 said:

What an idiotic thread. Like people are placing kart racers on some pedestal or voting them GOTY. Have fun paying full prices for Wii U ports, buddy

Well are you going to day dream for Atlus to make Persona kart racing for PS5? lolz

#27 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2362 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: No, I would not buy that sh*t lol I'll take a new Persona fighting game, though.

#28 Posted by KBFloYd (21806 posts) -

@valgaav_219 said:

#29 Posted by SaltSlasher (1068 posts) -

I don't think any other console cares about owning the crown to cart racing.

#30 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1438 posts) -

Now where is knight-k? I'm pretty sure he will get butthurt over this thread.