will Nathan Drake be the star of Uncharted 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll will Nathan Drake be the star of Uncharted 4? (28 votes)

yes he will return as the protagonist 75%
he will be in the game, but as a supporting character, new protagonist 11%
he won't be in the game, it will star francis drake 7%
new character (not francis or nathan) 7%

will uncharted 4 have nathan drake in it.........?

• 
WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

I really hope that it's Sir Francis Drake. That'd be way more interesting.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Assuming Naughty Dog is smart, which they have proven they generally are, I think Uncharted 4 will find a way to get around character fatigue that was exemplified in Uncharted 3.

Do I think that means Nathan Drake will be put in a lesser role or perhaps none at all? Yeah. I think they'll switch up the cast for this one. Just a prediction.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Hopefully, there simply isn't Uncharted without Drake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

I don't think Nathan will be in it. I think it's going to take place during the golden age of pirates.

Folks want a new next gen ip from naughty dog and they want another uncharted. Naughty dog will give us another Uncharted set in the golden age of pirates with completely new gameplay. Everyone wins!

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Its seems like Uncharted on PS4 wont be like the ones from before.

New style and approach. New character. New time line. A way more serious tone than the "T" rated Uncharted 1-2-3.

ND likes to create new and fresh things, I doubt they'll keep going with the same Nathan Drake style Uncharted formula. They are looking to re-inventing the Uncharted franchise.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@narutosup said:

I don't think Nathan will be in it. I think it's going to take place during the golden age of pirates.

Assassin's Creed just did this and probably better since Uncharted won't be open world. I think Nate, Elena and Sully HAVE to be in the game or you are alienating your fanbase.

Naughty took a huge chance on The Last Of Us and it turned out amazing so I'll be open to whatever happens.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Yes. If you watch the IGN Rewind, the guy in the trailer was the voice of the antagonist, and is clearly someone Drake betrayed (or feels he was betrayed by).

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

IDK, I'd rather see the next Tomb Raider than UC4. I'd rather see another new IP from ND.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

I hope so, if they don't then they'd either have to do two things: Make a new character that is quite similar to Drake (ie witty etc) or make a serious character which doesn't fit with the tone of Uncharted. If they're wanting to do the latter, then I'd rather see them make a new IP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@narutosup said:

Assassin's Creed just did this and probably better since Uncharted won't be open world. I think Nate, Elena and Sully HAVE to be in the game or you are alienating your fanbase.

Naughty took a huge chance on The Last Of Us and it turned out amazing so I'll be open to whatever happens.

How do you know it won't be open world? Naughty dog took inspiration from Gears and Tomb raider to developed Uncharted. If this game takes place during the golden age of pirates, then I'm sure Naught Dog are looking into the Black Flag formula.

As for Nathan, Elena, Sully..what else can they do with them? Make them go on another dramatic adventure? Their story is done, it's time to reinvent the Uncharted series. Look at Infamous: Second Son, they don't need cole and his lighting power.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

hopefully someone new and brutally badass. i don't mind Drake though

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

I'd be shocked if they don't have Nate as the main protagonist. It wouldn't surprise me if they did some "Past and Present" gameplay where you play as Nate in the present and his ancestor, Sir Francis Drake, in the past. But to not include Nate at all would be a huge misstep in my opinion.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

of course he will be. it wouldnt be Uncharted without Drake

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I hope he isn't. He is one of the most boring protagonists of this gen. And he's also a mass-murdering psychopath with a hero complex, and Naughty Dog can't seem to write him without getting around that. So, yeah. New blood, please.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

I hope he isn't. He is one of the most boring protagonists of this gen. And he's also a mass-murdering psychopath with a hero complex, and Naughty Dog can't seem to write him without getting around that. So, yeah. New blood, please.

isint every character in existence every created in a video game is a mass murdering psycopath. a goomba or random pirate baddy a kill is a kill.Anywho going by the trailer sounds like some guy is out for vengence and probably against Nate.Guessing this will show nate with his family and maybe he will have a kid and once uncharted 4 is done they have the opening to keep going and make his kid the face for the series.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I want Uncharted 4 to have Nathan Drake in it and be the finale to the series. Then ND can move on to other IPs. Before they move on, I hope ND do a collector's edition 1080p remake of the PS3 UC games.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@narutosup said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@narutosup said:

How do you know it won't be open world? Naughty dog took inspiration from Gears and Tomb raider to developed Uncharted. If this game takes place during the golden age of pirates, then I'm sure Naught Dog are looking into the Black Flag formula.

As for Nathan, Elena, Sully..what else can they do with them? Make them go on another dramatic adventure? Their story is done, it's time to reinvent the Uncharted series. Look at Infamous: Second Son, they don't need cole and his lighting power.

Because they have straight up said they don't want to make open-world games. Granted this was leading up the Uncharted 3, but I have seen nothing to show they have changed their minds.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

isint every character in existence every created in a video game is a mass murdering psycopath. a goomba or random pirate baddy a kill is a kill.Anywho going by the trailer sounds like some guy is out for vengence and probably against Nate.Guessing this will show nate with his family and maybe he will have a kid and once uncharted 4 is done they have the opening to keep going and make his kid the face for the series.

No? Most of them have good reasons, like trying to save the world, or self-defense. Either that, or they're just fighting monsters, and not people. Nathan Drake is just after treasure, and he kills thousands of people to get it.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 finalfantasy94

@DarkLink77 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

No? Most of them have good reasons, like trying to save the world, or self-defense. Either that, or they're just fighting monsters, and not people. Nathan Drake is just after treasure, and he kills thousands of people to get it.

To be fair he kills them cause they are trying to kill him.Also the people he happens to kill are bad people so it all works out in the end.I mean he didint kill those security guards in uncharted 2.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

To be fair he kills them cause they are trying to kill him.Also the people he happens to kill are bad people so it all works out in the end.I mean he didint kill those security guards in uncharted 2.

He tossed one of them off a cliff into the ocean.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By finalfantasy94

@PannicAtack said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

I dont remember that.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PannicAtack

@finalfantasy94 said:

@PannicAtack said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

I dont remember that.

I think it was when they were scaling the building… my memory is a tad hazy.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 finalfantasy94

@PannicAtack said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@PannicAtack said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

I dont remember that.

lol yea I just saw it to make sure.Yea thats the one time iv seen him do something like that to a non baddy.I guess I spaced on it cause im use to just killing bad guys in these games.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

It wouldn't be Uncharted without Drake.

Tomb Raider needs Lara. Indiana Jones needs Indy and Uncharted needs Drake. It's simply how these things work.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PannicAtack

@finalfantasy94 said:

@PannicAtack said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@PannicAtack said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

I dont remember that.

lol yea I just saw it to make sure.Yea thats the one time iv seen him do something like that to a non baddy.I guess I spaced on it cause im use to just killing bad guys in these games.

Lately I find myself more interested in games that are about things other than murder. Like "To the Moon" or "Thief." Tried to keep "Orphans Created" to a low amount in my play through of "Alpha Protocol."

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Yep.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I would be stunned if he's not the main character

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Uncharted 4

> Nathan as main character ........elena and sully will be killed off ala game of throne Red wedding

Uncharted 5

> prequel staring Francis Drake

Uncharted 6

> final conclusion between both timeline ........ drake and chloe live together

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@hippiesanta said:

Uncharted 4

> Nathan as main character ........elena and sully will be killed off ala game of throne Red wedding

Uncharted 5

Uncharted 6

Maybe it will go with what's cool these days and have Sully and Drake get married. Maybe Charlie and Drake.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I believe it will be a new character but Drake will be there in a lesser role.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@hippiesanta said:

Uncharted 4

Uncharted 5

Uncharted 6

I really don't need 3 Uncharted games this gen, would rather have another The Last of Us.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Hopefully the whole cast is gone, im tired of them all

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#33  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

Well, my guess is there'll be a frame action starring Nathan Drake himself, but during big part of the game one will be acting as his ancestor, Francis Drake--at least this is the idea I got from the teaser they recently released on Uncharted 4.

UNCHARTED PS4 Teaser Video | PlayStation 4

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#34  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

If we have to play as sir francis its gonna be bad. Single fire guns, low accuracy, long reload.. and swords. This will make multiplayer bad imo and single player probably with scripted sword fights.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

He will still be the main character but there is a good chance we'll also get to play as someone else in a separate time period through flash backs or something.

Naughty Dog will also probably change the formula to Uncharted quite a bit. Maybe even a bigger leap than Uncharted:DF to Uncharted 2. It will still be linear probably but it will be more open than past Uncharted games (more exploration?). They'll probably add some TLOU elements to it as well.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Master chief is a mass murdering psychopath. He was just given the tools by the navy. Also yeah while drake is after the treasure he does end up saving the world. El Doradao would've created horrific monsters, The tree of life would've lead Lazarević to be able to wage war against the rest of the world, and the jin would've allowed marlow to accomplish whatever she wanted through fear. Every hero has a reason, while some are better then others. I hate to say drake isn't a one dimensional one note character, he has some depth and he does do the right thing in the end. Also question. Does it make you a mass murdering psychopath if people are out to kill you?

Hate to say it link but you gave a weak argument

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#37  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

How are we supposed to know?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By clone01  Online
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@WTA2k5 said:

I really hope that it's Sir Francis Drake. That'd be way more interesting.

That would actually be really cool.