Will Microsoft outlast Sony?

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@WadeFan said:

Notice I wasn't talking about the Xbox or Playstation. I was talking about Sony and Microsoft as a whole.

Well, when it comes to gaming, there's really not a whole lot to talk about with Microsoft. Kinda why I don't buy into this Company Wars distraction. Sony was doomed with the PS3 and Sony is doomed with the PS4. Sony will be doomed with the PS5 and the PS6 too.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

@kingtito said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kingtito said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kingtito said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@TigerSuperman: They were last this past gen, 2nd during 6th gen. PS3 sold more than 360, but continue to pretend it didnt.

Not according to Sony's official numbers cow but you go on pretending you know better than they do. You can also pretend Sony didn't combine the PS2 & PS3 sales. Happy pretending cow

You know PS3 sales alone are either equal to or higher than the 360. Don't cry too much dude....

Well according to Sony's last numbers. Prove me wrong. Sony would have had conferences to announce they passed MS if that truly happened and all you cows know it.

Cows finished in 3rd last gen just accept it and move on.

Prove you wrong? So you have no idea what you're talking about since you didn't keep up with sales. Okay then. FYI...not everyone is a "cow". That's a stupid way to assess a comment.

No kid, YOU didn't keep up. You're going by VGChartz and NOT Sony's OFFICIAL numbers. So again, prove me wrong without using vgchartz.

No, not everyone is a cow but I didn't say everyone was, just those like you that worship Sony.

Actually I've never looked at VGChartz. I'm going by the last posted console sales per the 360 and PS3 and they were both at 80+ million. So roughly the same though the 360 had a year head start.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Id be shocked if Sony lasts another year. Everyone is already leaving the company and they have almost no more buildings left.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Shewgenja

@mems_1224 said:

Id be shocked if Sony lasts another year. Everyone is already leaving the company and they have almost no more buildings left.

Here's a new one, and it's the only building you and your filthy Lem friends need to be concerned with.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@WadeFan said:

Notice I wasn't talking about the Xbox or Playstation. I was talking about Sony and Microsoft as a whole.

Well, when it comes to gaming, there's really not a whole lot to talk about with Microsoft. Kinda why I don't buy into this Company Wars distraction. Sony was doomed with the PS3 and Sony is doomed with the PS4. Sony will be doomed with the PS5 and the PS6 too.

As someone who owns a PS4 and loves it. It's alarming that because we have been hearing about Sony's struggles since the PS2 days that somehow that discredits the fact that they are being predicted to face bankruptcy within 2 years, are selling of HQ's and are spinning off the Bravia division and getting rid of the Vaio division. Just because we have heard it all before doesn't mean that it's not going to be true this time.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LJS9502_basic

@WadeFan said:

@Shewgenja said:

@WadeFan said:

As someone who owns a PS4 and loves it. It's alarming that because we have been hearing about Sony's struggles since the PS2 days that somehow that discredits the fact that they are being predicted to face bankruptcy within 2 years, are selling of HQ's and are spinning off the Bravia division and getting rid of the Vaio division. Just because we have heard it all before doesn't mean that it's not going to be true this time.

Getting rid of unprofitable divisions is actually healthy for a business....

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 applefan1991  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

@Shewgenja said:

@WadeFan said:

And while that's fantastic that they are doing it - It's also a last ditch attempt before bankruptcy.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shewgenja

@WadeFan said:

You can rest assured, even if Playstation had to become its own brand, it would continue to thrive and prosper. It's a golden egg laying goose. Even Kuturagi got the almighty boot for jeopardizing it.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 applefan1991  Moderator

@Shewgenja: and I really hope that happens. I have grown up with Playstation and love it. I think they make the best exclusives on the planet and would be really sad if something happened to PS. But it's no secret that Sony is struggling. I hope they turn it around, they are a better company than Microsoft and I hope they last far longer.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Shewgenja

You can always tell when the Lems are feeling the pain. They drum up Company Wars threads (not necessarily the OP of this thread, but the countless others).

The Lems are like System Warriors in the trenches who have run out of grenades so they scrape together mud balls and hurl them hoping for the off chance that people get spooked.

**** that. The Playstation business hasn't deteriorated with the launch of PS4, it has been strengthened. There is, in fact, a Playstation Headquarters now.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Yes.

In 10 years I don't think Sony will be a company anymore. Playstation will probably have split into its own company, same with Sony's other few actual profitable divisions. Sony as a company is basically dying. Playstation will be bought by somebody with money. It's actually got a future unlike the rest of the company.

I don't want to see Sony die because I like a lot of their products, but if they keep posting huge losses then they'll have to sell off the capital and shut down eventually.That's business.

The question is who will buy them? I also don't believe the Xbox division is going to stay with Microsoft. Microsoft is going to start consolidating back to pure software and dump all of their hardware divisions as they all keep losing Microsoft a lot of money. The Xbox brand is strong enough to survive on its own, but attached to Microsoft it cant' really thrive.

thegamer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 thegamer00
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

Sony is a shell of its former selves. I give them 2 more years before bankruptcy.

NoTrolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 NoTrolling
Member since 2014 • 97 Posts

At this rate, it doesn't matter how profitable MS as a whole is. Xbox division WILL be canned.

Businesses are here to make money, not to subsidize a failing division through the profitability of other division. You can think of each division as a separate company.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@shawn30 said:

The real question is which of the companies gaming divisions will last the longest. There is no question, zero whatsoever in this world or any other that MS will outlast Sony. Sony could be out of business in 5 years if they don't turn things around. MS could buy Sony if Sony made a price, which they won't for a world of reasons. Japan itself would step in before Sony was sold or went completely under.

MS is worth over 69 billion

Sony 18.6 billion, is selling buildings, canceling games, closing studios, and losing key people left and right, as well as closing Sony stores nationwide to stem off disaster.

The Japanese government wouldnt let a western entity (MS) buy more than a 50% share of a japanese company (Sony), so that wouldnt happen.

thegamer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 thegamer00
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

I don't think anyone should even buy any Sony stock. Everything that surrounds the company is toxic.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Xbox division will be dead or sold long before PlayStation brand is gone. Worst case is scenario is Apple, Samsung, Google etc acquire it. The fact that Microsoft can't put a weak Sony down this generation should you tell how incompetent the Xbox division is...

Microsoft vs Sony overall is a joke at this point.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@WadeFan said:

@Shewgenja said:

@WadeFan said:

@SolidTy said:

Where can I sign up to get my armchair analyst degree?

I ask here because I suspect many of you already got your certification in the mail.

E-Mail in fact. But on a serious note. It doesn't take an analyst to see that Sony is struggling mightily while Microsoft is not.

I'm sorry, I must have been in some parallel dimension this past year with all the articles claiming that MSes investors wanted to scrap the XBox division.

Microsoft's overall status as a corporation has never done much for the gaming division as evidenced by repeatedly losing to Nintendo and Sony who combined are worth a fraction of MS.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

It's a toss up for either company.

Sony can't sustain their business on just Playstation, but lots of their other ventures are failing badly which they have to deal with.

Microsoft lost focus under Balmer. They need to keep Windows great, and one way would be to actually keep PC gaming a Windows thing. As far as their electronics division is concerned, they just need to be more innovative. It's hurt them to be YEARS behind companies like Apple in the smartphone/tablet market. Windows Phone and Surface are pretty awesome, but they're going up against insanely well-established brands.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

In terms of financials absolutely yes because sony is slowly moving towards bankruptcy even though they have tried to rectify some of the problems that have been affecting them in the last half-decade or so.In terms of gaming I really don't know yet.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

money can't make everything a succes look at Bing, Zune, Vista, Clippy etc and ofcourse

XBone

if sony goes playstation only and assurance they would be in the plus sony has more divisions means they have to invest more for their products

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#74 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19509 Posts
@cyclops10 said:

I'm not too familiar with the financials of it all, so sorry if i'm way off base. But I've read a few comments on here in regards to Sony's money problems, but isn't it kind of inevitable that with Microsoft's bottomless pockets that they will eventually win?

Not to mention that microsoft seem to be making more money from the XBone than Sony are from the PS4?

No, it's the PS4 that is making more money. The only country where X1 is making more revenue is the US, but when it comes to actual profits, the profit margins for both are similar, and since the PS4 is selling more units in the US, that would mean the PS4 is making more profit even in the US.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

It seems to me we have a unique situation.

Microsoft won't go under but since this is system wars its video games, So within Microsoft there is a subtle and defeated push for cutting the xbox line and recouping the losses but this has been defeated continually since for the last long while the line has been generating profit and given enough time they will wipe out the debt, but there is still that push.

Where as its different for Sony the PlayStation line is literally the one of the only shining spots in the company its the one of the only things keeping it afloat besides insurance sales and real estate *lol* so that's the difference Microsoft as a company won't go under and If they get rid of the xbox line it will be sold off....Sony will go out of business completely If the Sony line fails though.

We'll likely see Sony fail before Microsoft because Sony just doesn't get it people are looking for whole home entertainment since they have smartphones now and there is no real reason to have a completely dedicated video game machine.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@cyclops10 said:

I'm not too familiar with the financials of it all, so sorry if i'm way off base. But I've read a few comments on here in regards to Sony's money problems, but isn't it kind of inevitable that with Microsoft's bottomless pockets that they will eventually win?

Not to mention that microsoft seem to be making more money from the XBone than Sony are from the PS4?

Market cap

SONY=17.82bn

Microsoft=312.94bn

Enterprise value

SONY=16.43bn

Microsoft=240.29bn

Debt

SONY=17.70bn

Microsoft=16.52bn

Return on assets/Equity

SONY=0.15%/5.14%

Microsoft=13.15%/30.09%

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SNE

Microsoft is worth more than 12x what SONY is worth yet has less total debt and a much higher return on it's assets and equity, i would sy that it is safe to say that as far as money is concerned MS has far mo0re staying power.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 delta3074

According to the last official figures the Xbox 360 hit 80 million 2-3 weeks earlier than the Ps3 hit 80 million

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/434439/worldwide-xbox-360-sales-top-80-million-microsoft-claims/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-playstation-3-sales-hit-80-million

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Does a hobby horse have a wooden dick?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 delta3074

@Jag85 said:
@cyclops10 said:

No, it's the PS4 that is making more money. The only country where X1 is making more revenue is the US, but when it comes to actual profits, the profit margins for both are similar, and since the PS4 is selling more units in the US, that would mean the PS4 is making more profit even in the US.

Errr, NO actually, there profit margins are not similar at all

Profit margins

SONY=0.94%

MS=28.17%

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=SNE

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=MSFT

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 delta3074

@StrongBlackVine said:

@WadeFan said:

@Shewgenja said:

@WadeFan said:

@SolidTy said:

I ask here because I suspect many of you already got your certification in the mail.

E-Mail in fact. But on a serious note. It doesn't take an analyst to see that Sony is struggling mightily while Microsoft is not.

I'm sorry, I must have been in some parallel dimension this past year with all the articles claiming that MSes investors wanted to scrap the XBox division.

Microsoft's overall status as a corporation has never done much for the gaming division as evidenced by repeatedly losing to Nintendo and Sony who combined are worth a fraction of MS.

Original xbox outsold the gamecube dude

strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

Yep. Microsoft will outlast Sony. No doubt. Microsofts XB1 isn't selling as well as the PS4 . That is the honest truth, no one can dispute that. But Microsoft as a company is more financially secure...by a long shot. Sony is relying on their gaming division to generate revenue. Microsoft is not. Sony put everything they had into their latest console because they had to, not because they care about gamers. Microsoft produced a less appealing product but it doesn't matter. They have the money and the experience to turn a turd into a gold brick and not even bat an eyelid.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@strothers101: like zune, windows vista, clippy

yess

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@cyclops10: I think Microsoft might be willing to eat their losses for one more gen in hoping that Sony backs out after this gen and than Microsoft becomes the monopoly of consoles.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Two gens in a row of third place. Those bottomless pockets don't seem to be helping too much.

That hasn't affected profits and what's more important, being second place all gen while making profits and then losing to a few sales at the end or coming in at the end and going into second place while making no profits for most of the gen.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@delta3074 said:

According to the last official figures the Xbox 360 hit 80 million 2-3 weeks earlier than the Ps3 hit 80 million

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/434439/worldwide-xbox-360-sales-top-80-million-microsoft-claims/

Yeah and the PS3 sold more world wide than the xbox 360...

So yeah how much do you think the xbox 360 could have sold world wide in hose 3 weeks.? Because even NPD numbers were low.

They are tied period and sony doesn't care nor will make a parade to show they pass MS,hell they won this month NPD and they didn't make a parade,meanwhile MS was damage controlling and telling people lies about how the xbox one was breaking records..lol

Yeah the xbox 360 records which were sh** to begin with since on its first February the xbox 360 had a damn shortage do to yield issues.

Fact of the matter is they are tied on a race that use to be won by more than 100 millions last time,winning by 300K is a joke even if they are ahead you look desperate trying to hold to such a pathetic victory.

The xbox one is trailing the PS4 by like 2+ million units and i hear you say nothing.

@thegamer00 said:

Sony is a shell of its former selves. I give them 2 more years before bankruptcy.

Many companies have file chapter 11 and have bounce back Kmart was one of them,file chapter 11 and bounce back and bough sears,some times you need to move things around to see what make you money and what not.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LJS9502_basic

@WadeFan said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@WadeFan said:

@Shewgenja said:

@WadeFan said:

And while that's fantastic that they are doing it - It's also a last ditch attempt before bankruptcy.

I can't speak for the Japanese version....but actually in the US it would be Chapter 11 which allows them to restructure and gives them breathing room to fix the problems. Anyway.....I doubt Sony is the only corporation with this problem. Look at what happened a few years ago with quite a few car manufacturers. Many times the divesting has a positive effect on the company. I really don't think SW predictions are worth shit. Really do you? Obviously Sony has continued with R & D for a couple generations now....and that is a cost that never pays off in the short term.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Shewgenja

This is why XBox won't come first place. Their fanbase is preoccupied with the company and rampant cronyism. Gamers don't care about that shit. It's precisely because Microsoft treats console gaming like a bunch of suits that they make the mistakes they do like losing focus halfway through a generation to go chasing after what they perceive is a larger market (AKA, Kinect). They thought they had eaten Sony's pie long enough and go after Nintendo instead.

It's the first console maker to put games and gamERs second to actual console sales. On forum boards such as this one, you have morons actually cheering these decisions rather than asking how it affects them as gamers. All the while, spewing quarterly earnings and Live fee revenue numbers as if it has had any bearing on their gaming experience.

It's these Corporate Wars threads that expose the Achilles Heel of the XBox itself. No rational gamer is going to give two flying fucks what MS as a company does if it doesn't translate into getting more and better games. 2012 and 2013 were utterly abysmal for the XBox when you consider that Halo and Gears were made by B-Team developers despite being the biggest franchises for 360 owners short of Call of Duty. You think Sony is in trouble? You think Playstation is in trouble? We have a company that barely eeks out its spot in the console wars and acts like it has to be bigger than gaming itself. What the actual **** is that all about? Enjoy your TV remote and ~720p games. You know, going back to what actual gamers give a shit about.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Shewgenja

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Shewgenja said:

Two gens in a row of third place. Those bottomless pockets don't seem to be helping too much.

That hasn't affected profits and what's more important, being second place all gen while making profits and then losing to a few sales at the end or coming in at the end and going into second place while making no profits for most of the gen.

Oh, well my bad then! Let me hire a marching band to play at the victory parade for Microsofts ability to have resounding ~1-2 million console "victories". NBC will be covering it and everything!

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Yeah and the PS3 sold more world wide than the xbox 360...

So yeah how much do you think the xbox 360 could have sold world wide in hose 3 weeks.? Because even NPD numbers were low.

They are tied period and sony doesn't care nor will make a parade to show they pass MS,hell they won this month NPD and they didn't make a parade,meanwhile MS was damage controlling and telling people lies about how the xbox one was breaking records..lol

Yeah the xbox 360 records which were sh** to begin with since on its first February the xbox 360 had a damn shortage do to yield issues.

Fact of the matter is they are tied on a race that use to be won by more than 100 millions last time,winning by 300K is a joke even if they are ahead you look desperate trying to hold to such a pathetic victory.

The xbox one is trailing the PS4 by like 2+ million units and i hear you say nothing.

@thegamer00 said:

Many companies have file chapter 11 and have bounce back Kmart was one of them,file chapter 11 and bounce back and bough sears,some times you need to move things around to see what make you money and what not.

i am posting facts with evidence to back them up, you are posting supposition without any evidence to back up your claims.

Secondly, why would i say anything about the Ps4 leading the Xbone by 2 million when i am replying to a comment talking specifically about the 360?

If i actually saw ANY lem saying that the Xbone was ahead of the Ps4 then i would correct them, much as i am correcting you now but so far i have not seen lemmings posting anything of the sort so therefore i have no need to correct them.

'They are tied period' Where is your evidence of this because , quite frankly, 'it is because i say so' just isn't going to cut the mustard with anyone dude, least of all me.

Bottom line, i am posting evidence to back up my claims so as the saying goes 'put up or shut up'

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

i am posting facts with evidence to back them up, you are posting supposition without any evidence to back up your claims.

Secondly, why would i say anything about the Ps4 leading the Xbone by 2 million when i am replying to a comment talking specifically about the 360?

If i actually saw ANY lem saying that the Xbone was ahead of the Ps4 then i would correct them, much as i am correcting you now but so far i have not seen lemmings posting anything of the sort so therefore i have no need to correct them.

'They are tied period' Where is your evidence of this because , quite frankly, 'it is because i say so' just isn't going to cut the mustard with anyone dude, least of all me.

Bottom line, i am posting evidence to back up my claims so as the saying goes 'put up or shut up'

Ok lets have it your way...

The PS4 is beating the xbox one by double numbers..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sold-3-million-units-in-2013-microsoft-says/1100-6416955/

The xbox one has 3 millions no other official number is known.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-crosses-6-million-sales-following-strong-japan-launch/1100-6418086/

The PS4 is OFFICIALLY at 6 millions,now prove me wrong...

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Ok lets have it your way...

The PS4 is beating the xbox one by double numbers..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sold-3-million-units-in-2013-microsoft-says/1100-6416955/

The xbox one has 3 millions no other official number is known.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-crosses-6-million-sales-following-strong-japan-launch/1100-6418086/

The PS4 is OFFICIALLY at 6 millions,now prove me wrong...

Are you an idiot? i was talking about the 360 vs the Ps3 dude.

I effin know the Ps4 is outselling the Xbone by a huge margin.

Did you even read what i wrote you plum?

'If i actually saw ANY lem saying that the Xbone was ahead of the Ps4 then i would correct them, much as i am correcting you now but so far i have not seen lemmings posting anything of the sort so therefore i have no need to correct them.'

READING COMPREHENSION FTW,lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

'If i actually saw ANY lem saying that the Xbone was ahead of the Ps4 then i would correct them, much as i am correcting you now but so far i have not seen lemmings posting anything of the sort so therefore i have no need to correct them.'

But i am using your arguments against you,since you only go by old official numbers i am doing the same to you..

I know what you wrote i just used your own argument against you,just because the last official numbers were 3 million it doesn't mean the xbox one stopped selling,funny enough that also apply to the PS3 and xbox 360,and we know for fact that sony sell more units world wide because the PS3 sell better in Japan and EU,so trying to imply that they are now some how tied because of last known official numbers is a joke.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#93  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Doesn't take an armchair degree to read the writing on the wall.

Microsoft Net Worth: $69.96 billion | Microsoft net profit last year: $21.86 billion

Sony Net Worth: $18.6 billion (lol) | Sony net profit last year: $1.1 billion (lol)

For fun -- Apple Net Worth: $185 BILLION | Apple net profit last year: $37.04 BILLION (absolutely stompingSony (as is MS) and still outperforming MS year after year)

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#94  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

I don't have the capacity to foretell the future of billion dollar companies, but PlayStation, by far, will outlast the Xbox / Nintendo.

Its most omnipotent brand in gaming right now.

Edited for better wording. Phone issues*

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 musicalmac  Moderator

@tonitorsi said:

I don't know about companies, but PlayStation, by far, will outlast the Xbox.

Its most powerful brand in gaming right now.

What evidence can you cite to support that? Is it simply based on PS4 sales?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#96  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@tonitorsi said:

I don't know about companies, but PlayStation, by far, will outlast the Xbox.

Its most powerful brand in gaming right now.

What evidence can you cite to support that? Is it simply based on PS4 sales?

What other information cancels sales as being a legit factor in the power of the PlayStation brand?

Edited*

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 musicalmac  Moderator

@tonitorsi said:

What otherwise information cancels sales as being a legit factor in the power of the PlayStation brand?

Let's then use Vita sales. Sony isn't a very powerful brand at all, is it?

In all honesty, they do have brand rankings on Forbes, and in the top 10 we see Apple at 1 (no surprises there), Microsoft at 2, and Sony at....... 80.

Regardless of how powerful you perceive Sony's brand to be in any realm, without a strong financial base, it's all meaningless. Sony has already said goodbye to Vaio, and it's likely that TV's are next on the list. I wouldn't be surprised to see them exit the mobile market entirely in the future, as well. They're throwing things overboard because Sony can't operate under the weight of those financial burdens.

It's a very precarious time for the company. That's the writing on the wall, easily supported from a position of strength with statistical evidence.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Xbox division will be dead or sold long before PlayStation brand is gone. Worst case is scenario is Apple, Samsung, Google etc acquire it. The fact that Microsoft can't put a weak Sony down this generation should you tell how incompetent the Xbox division is...

Microsoft vs Sony overall is a joke at this point.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

But i am using your arguments against you,since you only go by old official numbers i am doing the same to you..

I know what you wrote i just used your own argument against you,just because the last official numbers were 3 million it doesn't mean the xbox one stopped selling,funny enough that also apply to the PS3 and xbox 360,and we know for fact that sony sell more units world wide because the PS3 sell better in Japan and EU,so trying to imply that they are now some how tied because of last known official numbers is a joke.

No, you are just damage controlling the fact that you messed up, Ps4 and xbone sales have nothing to do with Ps3 vs 360 sales.

I fail to see how posting Ps4 vs Xbone sales figures in any way invalidates my original argument, i asked you to provide evidence that the 360 and the Ps3 are tied, please explain how what you posted is evidence of what i asked?

Also explain how what you psoted somehow proves you right?

One SONY console outselling an MS console is not evidence that another SONY console is outselling an MS on

The Ps4 is outselling the Xbone therefore the Ps3 MUST be outselling the 360 doesn't really compute mate.

i Fail to see how you are using my own argument against me when we are both in agreement that the Ps4 is outselling the Xbone by quite a margin

Also, it was you who said they where tied, not me, i was quoting YOU.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@WadeFan said:

As a overall company, almost absolutely. They are flush with money and are making more per each console sold than Sony is. Sony has been selling headquarters and buildings off to cut costs. Hopefully Sony can turn it around, but as of right now, there's almost no chance of Microsoft as a company falling before Sony. (Sadly)

Too many have fed & feed the M$ greed.