Will killzone be punished for not being halo or BF?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

It seems to me that their is an underlying theme in triple A games that certain high budget games don't get oh my gawd straight into my veins. I am overwhelmed by the awesomeness displayed. I am awestruck by the genius of so and so. Because a certain developer and publisher didn't make it. Do you believe that 90% of video games involve whitewashing through the roof telling you how much fun you are having. Aren't you fed up about the consensus in reviews about video games. Beyond two souls is the first game ever to have mixed reviews in the last 6 years. I hope more games get mixed reviews and that video game reviewers stop their racist oriental stereotype of japanese gaming. Oh wait I am the only person that actually holds these beliefs

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

wtf are you talking about

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@lostrib said:

wtf are you talking about

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

You're so cool and different.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

They didn't punish Killzone 3 for being Call of Duty.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

gjre'akslghdkaoisghl;akfdnb;lkdfjtagfd

^ More discernible than OP

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

It seems that you're angry.

You don't have to pay attention to reviews you know?

ISpeakFactJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 ISpeakFactJr
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Punished? Of course not. It will be praised for not being Halo or Battlefield. Killzone still the best fps available.

You can't stop SDC, son. /:-)

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

certain developers and publishers get scores higher than they should because of the name of the game. Certain games get lower reviews because of the developer and name. There is a consensus in video game reviews. Beyond two souls is the first game ever to have mixed reviews. If you notice, gta V, Halo X, Battlefield X, and Mario X will get high scores while 'other' games by 'smaller developers and publishers' will get lower. Naughty Dog games are automatic triple A metacritic scores regardless of the quality. Sucker Punch games are automatic 80 regardless of quality

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

don't forget about Pokemon, same archaic game since the 90's but still getting 8's and 9's across the board!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Killzone 2 got a 9, and KZ3 scored an 8.5. How is it getting "punished"?? :| :|

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Killzone is awful, Simple as that but Halo franchise is awful too.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Killzone Shadowfall in my opinion graphically looks the best as far as next gen launch. Killzone 3 was by far one of PS3's best titles.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22630 Posts

Killzone will score in and around where it deserves... the end. Some will over/under shoot the average, but it'll be around what it should be... just like most every other game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@soulitane said:

You're so cool and different.

you're so cool brewster

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

It will be punished because Killzone 1 was flat out bad, Killzone 2 was subpar, and Killzone 3 was mediocre. Its legacy of lackluster titles is why the latest iteration will be "punished." Don't worry though, seemingly every Killzone games sells enough copies to warrant a sequel so the only punishment will be on sites like SW and Gaf as opposed to the real world.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

The thing thats going to stop this killzone scoring high is the excessive flashy lightey strobey explodey moitioney blurrey shizz.

total overkill.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Like it or not, Killzone was made to combat Halo in the same way Sonic was made to combat Mario.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

KZ will be punished for being a boring, bad game. Nothing can save it.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Killzone will be Killxone meaning it'll be cool to some the first months then noone will care for it as Killxone never have any impact in the shooter genre.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#24 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

Killzone 2 got a 9, and KZ3 scored an 8.5. How is it getting "punished"?? :| :|

not to mention Mercenary getting a good score. The series is fun. What is the point if you don't like fun, TC?

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#25 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I'm sorry, but what is the point you are trying to make here?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

i'm glad that i'm not the only one confused as **** by this haha.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

its CoD in space with heavier feel... nothing to punish, just another generic shooter.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Demonjoe93

@silversix_ said:

its CoD in space with heavier feel... nothing to punish, just another generic shooter.

Except that KZ, in addition to a completely different feel (as if that doesn't matter), it has a completely different control scheme and a differently designed MP.

But other than that, it's totally just CoD in space. Oh, and except that it hardly ever takes place in space.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By silversix_

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

Except that KZ, in addition to a completely different feel (as if that doesn't matter), it has a completely different control scheme and a differently designed MP.

But other than that, it's totally just CoD in space. Oh, and except that it hardly ever takes place in space.

same small maps you run in a circle and slower because your character feels heavier. No difference between CoD and KZ. Multiplayer gameplay of SF shows this perfectly.

Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 Dog
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

Battlefield and Call of Duty are solid games. Killzone isn't at all. It's a terribly mediocre FPS.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

What exactly has killzone brought to the genre that hasn't already been done? I can write a whole book on changes that Halo brought to the first person shooter. Hell even CoD has innovated although not since COD4. BF4 is switching things up with the whole commander mode. What is Killzone's contribution to the FPS genre? Serious question here.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Demonjoe93

@silversix_ said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

same small mapsyou run in a circle and slower because your character feels heavier. No difference between CoD and KZ. Multiplayer gameplay of SF shows this perfectly.

lol, I don't think you've played Killzone, judging from the part I bolded. Many of the maps on Killzone are way bigger than most of Black Ops' and MW3's (the CoD's I have had the misfortune of playing) maps. Also, no one runs around in circles on Killzone; no one any good, anyway. The maps are not designed to be played like that (unless you want to killed all the time).

And, even if you disagree, that still doesn't make Killzone a CoD clone because CoD isn't the first FPS with those qualities you listed.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

Meh. Haters. The trench warfare approach to placing enemies in Killzone for me is better than typical cover based in other FPS. Those helghast are good enough at catching you at a bad angle, and I like the way they flank.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@nhh18 said:

It seems to me that their is an underlying theme in triple A games that certain high budget games don't get oh my gawd straight into my veins. I am overwhelmed by the awesomeness displayed. I am awestruck by the genius of so and so. Because a certain developer and publisher didn't make it. Do you believe that 90% of video games involve whitewashing through the roof telling you how much fun you are having. Aren't you fed up about the consensus in reviews about video games. Beyond two souls is the first game ever to have mixed reviews in the last 6 years. I hope more games get mixed reviews and that video game reviewers stop their racist oriental stereotype of japanese gaming. Oh wait I am the only person that actually holds these beliefs

Dont say that man.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

No, Killzone will be punished for being Killzone

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

@ispeakfactjr said:

Punished? Of course not. It will be praised for not being Halo or Battlefield. Killzone still the best fps available.

You can't stop SDC, son. /:-)

lol the king of the cows is back

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By silversix_

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

same small mapsyou run in a circle and slower because your character feels heavier. No difference between CoD and KZ. Multiplayer gameplay of SF shows this perfectly.

lol, I don't think you've played Killzone, judging from the part I bolded. Many of the maps on Killzone are way bigger than most of Black Ops' and MW3's (the CoD's I have had the misfortune of playing) maps. Also, no one runs around in circles on Killzone; no one any good, anyway. The maps are not designed to be played like that (unless you want to killed all the time).

And, even if you disagree, that still doesn't make Killzone a CoD clone because CoD isn't the first FPS with those qualities you listed.

i didn't just play the game, i've beaten the 2nd and third, i know how it is. KZ fans always deny the fact that its just call of duty and i find this funny... The maps are designed in a circle you are supposed to run around and see a person to shoot every 4sec. That's how amazing your KZ maps are designed. Its call of duty in space with nice looking weapons, that's KZ:SF.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Demonjoe93

@silversix_ said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@silversix_ said:

i didn't just play the game, i've beaten the 2nd and third, i know how it is. KZ fans always deny the fact that its just call of duty and i find this funny... The maps are designed in a circle you are supposed to run around and see a person to shoot every 4sec. That's how amazing your KZ maps are designed. Its call of duty in space with nice looking weapons, that's KZ:SF.

I have never played KZ online with anyone that was successful, whose strategy was to run around in a circle over the map. Now, if we're talking about Guerrilla Warfare (the mode for the Call of Duty crowd, in my opinion), then you might be right (I played that mode, like, five times before never going back to it); however, Warzone and Operations do not permit that strategy to be successful. Most teams that succeed on Warzone have to use strategies such as capturing tactical spawn points (in KZ3), sniping to block an exit, constantly revive their allies, and so on. If you implement the Call of Duty strategy of running around in a circle doing nothing other than occasionally getting a kill, at the very least you're going to have a poor K/D more than likely, and at the very worse, you're going to hurt your team since you wouldn't be helping them with the objectives.