indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Hearing great things about Life is strange from @charizard1605 and@aigis . I only played The Longest Journey, Dreamfall:The Longest Journey and Heavy Rain amongst adventure games. Never played Grim Fandango or Secret/Curse of the monkey island, The Walking Dead or any other popular adventure games.

Will i enjoy Life is Strange? Whats your opinion on Life is Strange? :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

Yes, it's great. One of the most memorable experiences I've had with games. The characters and story are absolutely fantastic and can really make you think sometimes, not to mention the game has amazing voice acting. Really, if you are into games for story at all, you should really like Life is Strange. If you like Telltale games, you will most likely love Life is Strange. If you hate Telltale games, this probably won't change your mind. Some say it's SJW, but I didn't see it like that and plus, this game has Yuri which made me like this game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46195 Posts

Yeah

It's just... I'm not always in the mood for these types of games.

Played the walking dead from beginning to end ... loved it

Played life is strange from beginning to end ... loved it.

But I still have: The Walking Dead Season 2, The Wolf Among us ... So many other similair games and I haven't even touched them yet.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@indzman:

It's a different situation than those games since there's pretty much no action. Life is Strange is more focused on problem solving but the biggest redeeming factor is the story. It was more on the level of the Donnie Darko, S. Darko and Butterfly Effect movies. If you've seen them and loved them then I would highly recommend Life is Strange. If not but you were really curious, then you should definitely check it out.

It was one of the greatest Indie game series I have ever played and easily one of the greatest videogame story ever told. You'll fall in love with it in no time! It was an easy 9/10 from me.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

It's definitely one of the most memorable games. The setting, story and characters really draws you in and will have a lasting effect once you finish it. Plus it's usually pretty cheap nowadays so nothing to lose.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1175 Posts

I liked Life is Strange, but I didn't get too far only Episode 2. I just don't see myself finishing it. But it is a pretty solid game and I'm glad I bought it on sale.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#7 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

Most likely. For lack of a better word, it's kind of a "girly" game but an incredibly fascinating one at that.

It is kind of like David Cage games (like Heavy Rain) in the respect that the gameplay is simple, and the story telling is kind of the main focus. Also your choices impact the story-line like the David Cage games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Out of the cinematic "point and click/multiple choice" games I played I think it's definitely the better one. Saying this, I would never spend money on these types of games. Once they're beaten I never feel to urge to play them again and there's no gameplay there to speak of... the only reason I ever played them was because they were, at some point, free of charge

But if you like this types of games then yeah, LiS is... ok. Its the equivalent of watching some teen drama tv show with a minor supernatural element. You know its cheesy but it manages to grab your attention

great indie soundtrack though, if you're into indie/alternative music

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

I just finished episode 4 and im enjoying it so far, well worth the 5 bucks which was on sale on xbox for the whole collection

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

If you liked Heavy Rain, you will like LIS.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Probably never would've played it if I didn't get it for free on PS + but when I finally sat down and gave it a chance I loved it. It's a really great story oriented game with time control elements that let you pull off a few tips and tricks. It's fun as hell to talk to someone and hit a dead end then rewind it and just ace the convo like a boss lol. But I'd say from chapters 3-5 it's a nonstop roller coaster ride.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It’s one of my favorite PS4 games, and Max is an amazing character. The story is interesting, though not all that well done, but the setting and characterization are fantastic. I can’t recommend it enough.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Its very slice of life with some mystery, but if you dont mind the gameplay style of heavy rain its worth a look

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

I'm not a telltale gamer, but are most of their games similar to LiS?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 indzman

@charizard1605 said:

It’s one of my favorite PS4 games, and Max is an amazing character. The story is interesting, though not all that well done, but the setting and characterization are fantastic. I can’t recommend it enough.

Is it QTE like Heavy Rain? Wrong button press will alter the story?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

If you like a good story and don't mind slow paced games with little gameplay, go for it.

I loved it, amazing experience.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#17  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@indzman said:
@charizard1605 said:

naw, its more like telltale games. Its just choices

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 indzman

@aigis said:
@indzman said:
@charizard1605 said:

Ahhh!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Yes, but worse

@aigis said:
@indzman said:
@charizard1605 said:

What Aigis said. There's some gameplay, but it's nothing special. The characters and story are the point. It's super slice of life, so since you liked Persona (and since you like this style of game), you should be okay with this. I say go for it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

In a way, yes. The only Telltale game I really love is the Batman Telltale game for the most parts. (only because I'm both DC/Marvel comic fanboy) It's all about choices.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

If youre into zombies try season 1 of the walking dead.

I havent played life strange yet and i bought it a while ago. Thanks for remind me i need to play this, i almost forgot this game

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#22 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Eh, Life is Strange was okay. A lot of the time I was arguing with the characters and getting upset at how irrational they were. If you like the genre you may enjoy the game, but otherwise you should probably skip it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@zassimick said:

Eh, Life is Strange was okay. A lot of the time I was arguing with the characters and getting upset at how irrational they were. If you like the genre you may enjoy the game, but otherwise you should probably skip it.

I never asked for this

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#24 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@zassimick said:

I never asked for this

You never had to ask. <3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@zassimick said:
@charizard1605 said:
@zassimick said:

I never asked for this

You never had to ask. <3

QQ

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Life Is Strange is more like Heavy Rain in the regard that the choices you make in the game have consequences that shape how the story unfolds, just as Telltale games are. Games like these are more story driven than they are about the puzzle solving, but there is still some of that, but it is far more casual in its approach. Though it shares many similarities with Telltale games, it has far better production values, technically a much more polished experience. I think the story is really good. Saw it on sale last week for $5 for the complete first series, sure we'll see more of that since they're in the midst of releasing the Before the Storm episodes.

Sure, definitely try it out. I also recommend dabbling in more adventure games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AzatiS said:

I havent played life strange yet and i bought it a while ago. Thanks for remind me i need to play this, i almost forgot this game

Eh, TWD S1 is pretty underwhelming. Never understood the hype around that.

Life is Strange is spectacular, play it now. PLAY IT NOW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Also I think @TheEroica and @getyeryayasout both really enjoyed it too (as did @perfect_blue and @_Matt_)

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Yes, if you liked Heavy Rain and Longest Journey, they have far more in common with Life is Strange than Monkey Island.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By indzman

I'm playing it soon as very positive vibes coming from mods and users alike on this thread about LIS. Thanks guys :)

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

How does anyone know what you would like?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 indzman

@CanYouDiglt said:

From what i've played before? Users already telling me to go for it since i enjoyed Heavy Rain as both choice centric game.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@AzatiS said:

Im fan of story driven games and zombie games so to be honest i cant be really objective with it. I really liked the zombination post-apocalyptic world ( like i always like even in crap games ) combined with twisted human behavor at times ( Cheesy and all but still ) and the hard decisions along the way that you would decide who will die in short hooked me in game for good. Also i think they did a fine job to connect gamers with the main characters. I really liked that kid Clementine and all. Some episodes werent as good as the first or second but overall i really liked it.

Life is strange i heard so many good things and i bought it for STEAM months ago yet i havent played yet .. damn. And i supposed to be big fan of this kind of genre. Shame on me. Ill play it !! Promise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AzatiS said:
@charizard1605 said:
@AzatiS said:

Im fan of story driven games and zombie games so to be honest i cant be really objective with it. I really liked the zombination post-apocalyptic world ( like i always like even in crap games ) combined with twisted human behavor at times ( Cheesy and all but still ) and the hard decisions along the way that you would decide who will die in short hooked me in game for good. Also i think they did a fine job to connect gamers with the main characters. I really liked that kid Clementine and all. Some episodes werent as good as the first or second but overall i really liked it.

Life is strange i heard so many good things and i bought it for STEAM months ago yet i havent played yet .. damn. And i supposed to be big fan of this kind of genre. Shame on me. Ill play it !! Promise

I mean, I do get why people like TWD lol, but I think I played it right after some very good VNs and adventure games, so it just seemed unremarkable to me.

And yeah, definitely do LiS. It's just such a great game.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@johnd13 said:

It's definitely one of the most memorable games. The setting, story and characters really draws you in and will have a lasting effect once you finish it. Plus it's usually pretty cheap nowadays so nothing to lose.

I concur.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

It's a great game, one of the few games that have hit me hard emotionally. Like seriously, I played it about a year ago, and I still think about it every day.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14891 Posts

@indzman said:
@CanYouDiglt said:

From what i've played before? Users already telling me to go for it since i enjoyed Heavy Rain as both choice centric game.

Play the original first before playing the prequel.

Funny fact, Life is Strange has far more Twitter followers than Final Fantasy. It is SquareEnix's hottest property right now.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 texasgoldrush

LOL

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@davillain- said:

Yes, it's great. One of the most memorable experiences I've had with games. The characters and story are absolutely fantastic and can really make you think sometimes, not to mention the game has amazing voice acting. Really, if you are into games for story at all, you should really like Life is Strange. If you like Telltale games, you will most likely love Life is Strange. If you hate Telltale games, this probably won't change your mind. Some say it's SJW, but I didn't see it like that and plus, this game has Yuri which made me like this game.

Yuri? *Googles the word* .... Ohh :o

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Do you enjoy the problems of angsty teenage girls? Then yes, go for it.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By texasgoldrush

@getyeryayasout said:

@charizard1605: I really enjoyed it. Waiting for all of Before the Storm to release before jumping into that, but I'm hearing good things so far.

Brave New world is excellent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@getyeryayasout: sadly I have minimal interest in the prequel cause no Max

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By texasgoldrush

@charizard1605 said:

Max is referenced all through the game and is a factor like how Rachel was a factor without her physical presence in the original. Max also is playable in the Farewell episode.

In fact Chloe writes to max letters she will never send.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

That depends, on a scale of 1 to Hella, how blue is your hair?

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Me too. Also no powers too. I know I'm gonna get it eventually but I'm a little disappointed but I can't really judge it if I haven't played it yet smh

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 texasgoldrush

@valgaav_219 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Me too. Also no powers too. I know I'm gonna get it eventually but I'm a little disappointed but I can't really judge it if I haven't played it yet smh

However, Chloe has the backtalk feature than can alter events in the story.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

No.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I really liked Life and Strange and its story. Definitely hit me in the feels at times.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 indzman

@charizard1605 said:

Last important question, is Max a likeable cutie? :)