Will hypocrisy overwhelm and eclipse man-kind?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58822 Posts

My friends, below are three video game titles; irrelevant as to the critical praise garnered - they have become very much the star wars prequels of video games.

That is to say, they have become a digital punching bag. Skyrim for it's buggy launch, Mass Effects for it's simplstic game play and Watchdogs for it's false visuals originally on display.

From "lets plays", it appears the video game "Witchor 3" is currently plagued by them. Likewise, users have put up image albums displaying the visual downgrades. Coupled with a leak source on the video related website "Neogaf" mentioning CDP have been lying, having great difficulties.

Aside from this, from Witcher 1 to 2, the series has become increasingly simplified, much like Mass Effect.

God forbid, if Witcher 3 launched, with a trio of these ingredients, will the game, rightfully receive the same amount of scorn as the games displayed above? Or will a mass indelible hypocrisy, the likes of which, the galaxy has never seen, take place?

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

Ah well, that's what mods are for. I'm certain they'll mod in deeper gameplay aspects. If they can completely change skilltrees and fundamental aspects of these the modders will make Witcher 3 probably to your liking. Hopefully the combat is good in this one unlike the other Witcher games.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

No bc CDPR reasons.

And softcore sex scene reasons.

Oh the maturity.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Your Hate boner you have for a game you have not even played yet is pretty sad and pathetic.

And speaking about Hypocrisy, you should know what with being the main offender here......My friend :P

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
Loading Video...

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

no idea if the game will be good or not, but they definitely butchered the graphics from the early media

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner

I say we stand for justice and slay these hypocrites in the very basements they dwell.

My friend bro.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

What is it with you and friends?

And why the hate for CDPR and the W3? I was always under the impression that you were a PC gamer.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#9 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I heart Mass Effect 1. I wish it was more stable. It tends to crash from time to time when none of its sequels have similar issues. Even so, it remains my favorite in the series.

Skyrim is boring and ugly as sin. I can't imagine playing it on consoles. Never before have I felt that I needed to mod something in order to enjoy it. Everything was ugly. Everybody was ugly. After an avalanche of mods, I was able to play it and enjoy the scenery, but the boredom was never corrected.

Never played Watch Dogs. I'm eagerly awaiting The Witcher 3, though.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44015 Posts

The others, fine, not my cut a tea but ME, nada, doesn't belong in with the others so you should pick another, get on that ASAP. :P

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

I've played all three and I enjoyed all three. Watchdogs was the least enjoyed out of the three but they were all fine games. ME1 out of the trilogy had the best story out of the three. And Skyrim ,even though I bought the Legendary Edition after most not all bugs were cleaned up, was the most fun I had with a game in a long time. I mean I would start that game and about 8 hours later I was finally finished playing that game for the day. Dang game was like a full time job while I was tying to find a full time job lol.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I think Xenu will overwhelm man.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14413 Posts

TC hasn't been banned yet. Interesting.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46170 Posts

We are comparing CDPR bullshots vs shitty youtube grabs ?

You're taking the absolute best and worst the game can look. I think you're going way to deep into this.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

The IQ has clearly went down but modders should be on the job for this and since PC is for people who want 1080+ res, 60 fps on Ultra settings none of those PC guys will play thing in vanilla form with their top brass rigs. If it's anything like Skyrim it will probably look like a different game when modded to hell and back.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

We are comparing CDPR bullshots vs shitty youtube grabs ?

You're taking the absolute best and worst the game can look. I think you're going way to deep into this.

dude is one of the dumbest trolls around, always looking something to annoy people, you are wasting your time if you pay attention to him, or in fact waste time reading any of his bullshit. Dude was seriously ignored by his parents when he was a kid.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38027 Posts

Okey dokey. You and your opinions mean absolute shit to me. I didn't like Watchdogs, couldn't get into it. But if some could and the reviewers were amongst them, then fine. ME and Skyrim were great fun games to me. You are a fucking clueless idiot that thinks he is more than human for some reason. Your taste is in your anus.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 uninspiredcup  Online

@cainetao11 said:

Okey dokey. You and your opinions mean absolute shit to me. I didn't like Watchdogs, couldn't get into it. But if some could and the reviewers were amongst them, then fine. ME and Skyrim were great fun games to me. You are a fucking clueless idiot that thinks he is more than human for some reason. Your taste is in your anus.

I respect your opinion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

Lots of people enjoyed those games, me included.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69345 Posts

Skyrim bugginess is grossly overstated. I played the game for many hours and only encounter one quest breaking bug. The game looks great, plays great but like every other game it is not for everyone.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#21 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38027 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@cainetao11 said:

I respect your opinion.

I respect yours as well. I don't step on shit

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Another pointless uninspiredcup thread.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uninspiredcup  Online
@Pedro said:

Skyrim bugginess is grossly overstated. I played the game for many hours and only encounter one quest breaking bug. The game looks great, plays great but like every other game it is not for everyone.

Given the scope of the game, arguably (as in arguably) it is to be expected. Yet indeed it is bashed to... oblivion, because of it. Yet (for example), "Stalker", gets a free pass. Most likely because it's pc centric, and thus, a bias is formed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner

@lostrib said:
@charizard1605 said:

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@rabakill said:

Ah well, that's what mods are for. I'm certain they'll mod in deeper gameplay aspects. If they can completely change skilltrees and fundamental aspects of these the modders will make Witcher 3 probably to your liking. Hopefully the combat is good in this one unlike the other Witcher games.

You shouldn't require mods to fix your game...

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rabakill

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@rabakill said:

Ok, let's just get rid of the modding community. Nothing good comes of mods, games should be perfect upon release. Yup, you nailed it.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19561 Posts

Skyrim was rushed into stores before it was finished. It featured a shit plot and wafer-thin roleplaying. It was also a technical mess for weeks after launch.

Mass Effect was a stylish game with extremely simple roleplaying and basically no consequences for your decisions.

Watch Dogs...I never played it, but I heard it was overly mediocre.

If The Witcher 3 has the same problems, then sure, we'll criticise it. Then again, I feel that CDPR has a better track record than Bioware, Bethesda and Ubisoft, so I think the hype is totally justified for now.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23876 Posts

Skyrim's issue seemed to be heavily based on the fact that the game was extremely dumbed down and just poorly thought out. Bugginess too was an issue, but the dumbing down and extremely PC unfriendly PC port and UI made it only worse.

Mass Effect got criticism for being a bit too light on roleplaying. But it was nowhere near as controversial as Dragon Age 2.

Watch Dogs was just one of those overhyped games that turned out mediocre. Does not deserve to appear next to Skyrim or Mass Effect or be considered one of the star wars prequels of gaming.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 X_CAPCOM_X

@rabakill said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@rabakill said:

Ok, let's just get rid of the modding community. Nothing good comes of mods, games should be perfect upon release. Yup, you nailed it.

... because that's exactly what I said and/or implied.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@lostrib said:
@charizard1605 said:

Holy fucking shit, conan

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@uninspiredcup: **** NeoGaf , they better save their bullshits for someone who cares

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@rabakill said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@rabakill said:

That's not what he said, is it? Since when did it become the norm for the gaming community to be unpaid programmers for lazy/shit major publishers?

Bethesda always release their games in a mess and it's not acceptable no matter how you look at it. If it wasn't for modders their games would all still be unplayable and would be ugly as sin to boot but they will continue to get away with it while people like you defend their right to be completely incompetent.

Avatar image for xCocoTheMonkeyx
xCocoTheMonkeyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xCocoTheMonkeyx
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@lostrib said:
@charizard1605 said:

That made my day

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rabakill

@blueinheaven: when did I defend a right to be incompetent. This just in perfect games must be released. You guys are real Einsteins, let's bitch about fucking everything.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 X_CAPCOM_X

@rabakill said:

@blueinheaven: when did I defend a right to be incompetent. This just in perfect games must be released. You guys are real Einsteins, let's bitch about fucking everything.

Actually you just attempted something similar to an ad-hoc, and both blue and I called it out.

Your attempt to attach the existence of the entire modding community somehow to the release of broken games implicitly justifies the release of said broken games.

And yes, they better release that shit in tip-top condition. We don't want their bullshit.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rabakill

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@rabakill said:

Actually you just attempted something similar to an ad-hoc, and both blue and I called it out.

Your attempt to attach the existence of the entire modding community somehow to the release of broken games implicitly justifies the release of said broken games.

And yes, they better release that shit in tip-top condition. We don't want their bullshit.

this is the dumbest argument ever, you want to argue about free content? Fucking seriously? Are you retarded?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@lostrib said:
@charizard1605 said:

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 X_CAPCOM_X

@rabakill: You tried to pull words out of thin air twice now. Nowhere did I say "free content" or imply it. And the case I made, which was that developers should not release broken games that require unpaid modders to fix, has never been addressed or acknowledged straightforward by you. You instead are using repeat ad-hocs as an attempt at making your argument un-falsifiable.

I also flagged you for using a particular word as a pejorative.