Will Half Life 3 be a VR Title ? ---- !!!!! Spoilers Alert !!!!!

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Poll Will Half Life 3 be a VR Title ? ---- !!!!! Spoilers Alert !!!!! (19 votes)

No , That seems improbable 63%
Yes , There's a high chance 37%

=============== We Got Work To Do ?!!! =================

Great job Valve , you did it again , you goddaman bastards brought back Half-Life to its glory , god !! wish I had a VR Gear , I've never seen a game so fu-cking immersive .... we also have another cliff-hanger , like one wasn't enough and now I have more questions :

1-Was Half-Life Alyx a test to see how audience and fans react to see Half-Life as a VR title ?

2-Was it just an announcement for Half-Life 3 ?

3-Is Half-Life Alyx simply an incentive for selling Valve Index or Valve is just trying to raise the hype for it's beloved franchise ?

4-Since Half-Life Alyx is doing great , will Half-Life 3 be a VR title ?

=============================

• 
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I would assume so?

That ending very much could be the opening of Half Life 3. Valve isn't a bit player in VR, they are genuinely invested in its future. Also Valve higher ups hated the development of Half Life 2, so I'm assuming they get a proper Half Life 3 is expected to be a true triple A production of its era. And that's expensive, and requires man power.

It be cool if they made an expensive ass mouse n keyboard game, but I sooner see it as them trying to make a killer app for VR going forward.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

They should but they will not. sadly.

Half life series is being destroyed by VR.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

1-Was Half-Life Alyx a test to see how audience and fans react to see Half-Life as a VR title ?

Yes

2-Was it just an announcement for Half-Life 3 ?

No

3-Is Half-Life Alyx simply an incentive for selling Valve Index or Valve is just trying to raise the hype for it's beloved franchise ?

Yes and yes.

4-Since Half-Life Alyx is doing great , will Half-Life 3 be a VR title ?

I don't know but I would guess yes, why not another system seller for their VR hardware?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

It looks incredible, it will probably push the entire VR market forward.

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I would assume so?

That ending very much could be the opening of Half Life 3. Valve isn't a bit player in VR, they are genuinely invested in its future. Also Valve higher ups hated the development of Half Life 2, so I'm assuming they get a proper Half Life 3 is expected to be a true triple A production of its era. And that's expensive, and requires man power.

It be cool if they made an expensive ass mouse n keyboard game, but I sooner see it as them trying to make a killer app for VR going forward.

There could be another scenario where they wait for VR to reach an affordable price and become a norm , then they release Half-Life 3 with better gameplay ,better story and smarter AI

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever

@the_master_race said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I would assume so?

There could be another scenario where they wait for VR to reach an affordable price and become a norm , then they release Half-Life 3 with better gameplay ,better story and smarter AI

or make it for both. VR and non VR. like RE7.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

Could be just my perception, but it seems like certain people (i.e. PC players) are suddenly hyping VR when PSVR has been releasing quality titles for a while now. And the PSVR 2 will definitely happen with the PS5.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@the_master_race said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I would assume so?

Right I don't know about the time table, but I do think Valve has been thinking about Half Life and VR for awhile. Now that we got the first taste of it, and its doing well, they might feel confident in continuing with this direction.

We could be years away from whatever the next Half Life game is for instance. Throw in the new consoles coming along, I would imagine they will be VR ready (tho the consoles won't come with a vr headset) as well, and it could be just the right storm Valve needs.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#9 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@the_master_race:

If it is then: goodbye forever, Half-Life 3. It's been nice knowing ya. On a serious note, I think Valve chose this game to be about Alyx *because* they don't want Half-Life 3 to be VR. Of course it's speculation though.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@the_master_race:

If it is then: goodbye forever, Half-Life 3. It's been nice knowing ya. On a serious note, I think Valve chose this game to be about Alyx *because* they don't want Half-Life 3 to be VR. Of course it's speculation though.

Correct. they can do anything with Alyx but dont dare to ruined my boy Gordon Freeman.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@the_master_race:

Correct. they can do anything with Alyx but dont dare to ruined my boy Gordon Freeman.

It really depends on how successful Alyx is

the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Could be just my perception, but it seems like certain people (i.e. PC players) are suddenly hyping VR when PSVR has been releasing quality titles for a while now. And the PSVR 2 will definitely happen with the PS5.

with that level of immersion ? I wonder what titles they are because they never caught my attention

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46254 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Or maybe it was destroyed by Valve's 'I don't give a ****' attitude post Episode 2?

Or maybe it wasn't destroyed, because everyone was still hyped to play Alyx.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

Gabe Newell literally said in an interview that it depends on people's reaction if HL moves forward in VR.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

@the_master_race said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

with that level of immersion ? I wonder what titles they are because they never caught my attention

I have yet to get into VR, and I definitely want to play Alyx, but all I'm saying is that PSVR has had quality titles for a while now - https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered?sort=desc&hardware=psvr

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

No. I don't think it'll be a VR title. However we can get Alyx style spin offs. Half Life 3 will probably be traditional Half Life game and success of Alyx will greatly boost their morale to make it sooner than we expect.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

If anything HL:A has reinvigorated Valves' interest in making HL games; so you could say VR has saved Half-Life.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:
@ghosts4ever said:

If anything HL:A has reinvigorated Valves' interest in making HL games; so you could say VR has saved Half-Life.

imagine if you fav PC franchise become exclusively for console.

this is worse scenario.

alyx is no longer half life game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Alyx is a great game, but it's also a spin-off.

I am fairly confident Valve won't make a main installment in the HL series a VR-only title.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@mrbojangles25 said:

Alyx is a great game, but it's also a spin-off.

I am fairly confident Valve won't make a main installment in the HL series a VR-only title.

Yes its spinoff. you cant make Half life without Freeman. its like making Doom without Doomguy.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

I've kinda gotten used to Valve slapping their fans in the face, so it wouldn't surprise me if Half-Life 3 was VR only.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

It is a possibility. If Valve decides to build the game around VR, then it might not have a flatscreen mode. However, they might develop the game with both flatscreen and VR in mind, making its development different from Alyx. There are, after all, more flatscreen gamers at this point than VR gamers.

Then again, Valve is showing quite a bit of interest in VR, so for all anyone knows they might have aspirations of becoming VR-only in the future.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

When the game started using dumb shit terms like "super weapon", made my eyes roll, thought it was going to be "a big gun you blow up", haha.

Valve delivered and then some. The entire ending sequences was just incredible.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Not really...

I have been hyping along with others VR for a while now. Lots of PC gamers and gamers in general are against it because it costs money to buy the peripheral.

Money is the sole reason system wars exists. People based on the limited funds make gaming choices with platforms and then in order to justify their choice they hate on the rest, this is the exact reason why VR is hated by the masses... 99% of them have never used one yet have STRONG hate towards it.

Its just the way these insecure people are. We even have that hate in the PC gaming community where people who can't afford high end PC's hate on high end parts saying its not worth it and so on or they can't tell the difference bla bla throwing insults towards the people who buy those parts to make them selves feel better about their purchase.

Very FEW people who don't own a platform can say something good about it, and the opposite is a rule too many people with one console will never say anything bad about it... Plus they can never seperate opinion and fact nor do they know how to be subjective and objective when it count.

Its quit sad that people miss out on great gaming experiences because they can't afford it but that's life but whats even sadder is not having the courage to admit that you might want to play that game.

I get it but its just sad and pathetic really.

I own all the consoles that have games I want to play and will speak my mind on them, I love the Switch for its games but its a POS, I love my PC based on the power it has but it costs a lot, I love the PlayStation 4 for its exclusives but if those games were on PC I wouldn't touch the loud console playing games at 30FPS in 2020, I love VR but man do they need to make more AAA games for it and get higher resolution/fov headsets out both are very much needed.

Excuse the rant, but f*** these immature and insecure people here. There are more important things happening right now in the world to give two s***s about some insecure nerds "opinion" on something he/she has never used.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uninspiredcup

@dzimm said:

I've kinda gotten used to Valve slapping their fans in the face, so it wouldn't surprise me if Half-Life 3 was VR only.

Once' played Alyx, practically every player who's had the luxury of enjoying such a masterpiece won't want it in anything but VR.

What Valve have done here is what Halflife has always done, take something that already exists and produce it to such a quality it supersedes anything previous in the genre setting a new benchmark.

Duke3D was doing interactions before Halflife, but nobody gave a shit about that stuff before Halflife.

Tresspasser was doing complex physics and games had rudimentary facial animations, but nobody gave a shit before Halflife 2.

And here we are, a fresh developing platform with people put off at the lack of software, companies segmenting walls to stifle progress for self-gain, others doing lazy conversions or gimmick 2 hour party games.

Here comes the big bio Valve to show the laddos how it's done.

Such boss, much based.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

After seeing that pic of Gaben I can't help think of this scene from Office Space.

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup

Can we talk about the surreal imagery of the final section? It's like when David Cage or Hideo Konami San tries to be le_auteur_prétentieux, but actually succeeds.

Just a wonderful, wonderful beautiful orchestra blabla of images and sound.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Everyone seems to be forgetting something, the fat bastard known a Gaben doesn't know how to count to 3. So you will see HL Alyx 2 in a year or so, and then nothing for another 15yrs lol.

Someone needs to get that fat bastard in front of a tv to watch the Count on Sesame Street lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup

For anyone curious (and should be alright to post it here as it is a spoiler) this is what the updated Source 2 Alyx model looks like.

Also here's the Gordon Freeman Edward Snowden model.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 uninspiredcup

Shit, never noticed that.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dzimm

@uninspiredcup said:
@dzimm said:

Once' played Alyx, practically every player who's had the luxury of enjoying such a masterpiece won't want it in anything but VR.

Right... at least this is what VR fanboys are desperately telling themselves. If Valve continues down this path, the Half-Life franchise will become a niche, just like VR. Leave that for the spinoffs, and let the core Half-Life games be something that everybody can enjoy.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@dzimm said:

What Valve have done here is what Halflife has always done, take something that already exists and produce it to such a quality it supersedes anything previous in the genre setting a new benchmark.

so you will praise any game have Half life tag on it and develop by valve regarding if its shadow of Half life 1 and 2. or even if Half life game get dumbed down.

Episode 1 was shitty glorified epilogue DLC that serve no purpose. if it was develop by EA, it would have been eaten alive. by the time EP2 was released, it feel outdated as we saw in year STALKER and Crysis also released.

we never got real sequel to Half life 2 and sadly we wont in future.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dzimm

@uninspiredcup said:

For anyone curious (and should be alright to post it here as it is a spoiler) this is what the updated Source 2 Alyx model looks like.

Huh, so this game is set before Half-Life 2, but Alyx Vance looks 20-years older and is not nearly as cute. Weird.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 uninspiredcup

@dzimm said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@dzimm said:

Right... at least this is what VR fanboys are desperately telling themselves. If Valve continues down this path, the Half-Life franchise will become a niche, just like VR. Leave that for the spinoffs, and let the core Half-Life games be something that everybody can enjoy.

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@dzimm said:

so you will praise any game have Half life tag on it and develop by valve regarding if its shadow of Half life 1 and 2. or even if Half life game get dumbed down.

Episode 1 was shitty glorified epilogue DLC that serve no purpose. if it was develop by EA, it would have been eaten alive. by the time EP2 was released, it feel outdated as we saw in year STALKER and Crysis also released.

we never got real sequel to Half life 2 and sadly we wont in future.

@dzimm said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Huh, so this game is set before Half-Life 2, but Alyx Vance looks 20-years older and is not nearly as cute. Weird.

Yes.