Will any of these undated 2019 Switch games be delayed?

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will any of these undated 2019 Switch games be delayed? (17 votes)

Pokemon Core RPG 24%
Animal Crossing 6%
Luigi's Mansion 3 6%
Daemon X Machina 18%
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order 0%
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 0%
None of the above 53%

The February Nintendo Direct has come and gone, and Nintendo's second half of 2019 is pretty packed! Perhaps even a bit too packed? It's possible that some will miss the window, either due to not being finished or even due to Nintendo just wanting to schedule releases differently (which happened with Yoshi). Some arguments for each game:

Pokemon: We haven't seen or heard anything about the game yet, so under normal circumstances it would seem pretty much impossible that this game will make its date. However, Pokemon games are almost never delayed due to it being an IP that transcends video games; a lot of plans would be thrown off by an unexpected delay. In addition, Pokemon games are never revealed more than 11 months before release, with Let's Go revealed even closer to release. Personally, I think it's safe and will be revealed soon (new generation Pokemon games usually revealed early in the year).

Animal Crossing: It seems that a lot of people were expecting this to be a Summer title, and are now worried since it was a no-show at the Direct. I personally think that Nintendo plans to make this the big E3 game, and that's why it wasn't shown. I think it'll be a Fall game and launch alongside a cheaper Switch revision.

Luigi's Mansion 3: Another Direct no-show. I'm slightly more skeptical of this one, despite the fact that it has actually had footage shown, unlike the above two. The footage was very rough though, almost looking like an HD remaster of the first game. It's also the least important of these three games so it slipping wouldn't be a massive loss. If it makes it it'll likely be around Halloween.

Daemon X Machina: This game is really rough based on the beta. I honestly just want it to be delayed a year because it needs a lot more polish.

MUA3: I got nothing lol. This is probably making it unless something really goes wrong

Link's Awakening: It probably seems odd to include this since it was just announced in the Direct, but Zelda is the Nintendo series that gets delayed most often so I thought I should include it. It's probably the big December release though.

Alright, you can place your bets. Try to justify them though!

• 
mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I agree with you about Daemon X Machina feeling a little rough around the edges, needs a bit of a touch up. The fact that the devs are asking for feedback could push it back a while depending on the responses.

All the rest seem like safe bets though imo.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Zelda might. Especially since Animal Crossing and Pokemon will already be enough to carry them through the fall/holiday. I don't know anything about Daemon x Machina. The rest will definitely release this year.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Nope. It looks like all of these will make it this year most likely.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mandzilla  Moderator

@NathanDrakeSwag: They released a limited time demo for Daemon X Machina and it's kinda janky.

I think Zelda should be fine since it's a remake and probably won't take as much development time as the others. Seems like they want to push it out this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Nintendo wins 2019 confirmed.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

E3 is less than four months. Certainly Nintendo will talk about anything not releasing between now and then which i'd guess will be AC, LM, etc..,

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts
@Solaryellow said:

E3 is less than four months. Certainly Nintendo will talk about anything not releasing between now and then which i'd guess will be AC, LM, etc..,

Certainly, but it seems like almost too many games. That said, I expect another general Direct in Spring, and for something else to happen very soon which might even include the announcement of another Spring game.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@mandzilla said:

I agree with you about Daemon X Machina feeling a little rough around the edges, needs a bit of a touch up. The fact that the devs are asking for feedback could push it back a while depending on the responses.

Could it be possible that the demo was the same as the E3 build?

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

glad i bought a switch. Still got alot of backlog games so im fine with few delays :)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Major releases? I seriously doubt it. Not sure what Daemon x Machina is.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mandzilla  Moderator
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@mandzilla said:

Could it be possible that the demo was the same as the E3 build?

Yeah it's quite possible, release is meant to be Summer some time so at the very least it has to be pretty close to being finished anyway.

If that's the case then I'm going to lower my expectations for this one.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Wouldn't surprise me if Luigis Mansion gets delayed (which would suck because I'm really looking forward to it!)... and I kinda hope Daemon X Machina gets delayed because I think it needs more work.

But man, what a lineup!

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Techhog89

I really wish that the Pokemon voters would post to explain their reasoning.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Techhog89

Okay, now people are picking Pokemon to troll lol