Will Anthem be next Fallout 76 ala next AAA flop?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

Hello friends

So recently with a Big AAA flop like fallout 76 with not so bigger flop like battlefield V and shadow of tomb raider. what game you think will be next AAA flop? the next big budget game by big company that will underperform and getting mix/average reviews from critics and underwelmingly negative reviewes from gamers alike.

I think it will be no other than Anthem

Bioware latest game publish by Electronics Arts mass effect andomedia recieve negative response and too much of money was wasted despite having terrible animations. many people criticizing anthem when it was revealed plus it being online game has higher chance for getting flop.

what do you think my friend? will it be another fallout 76? lets discuss

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

No, it actually looks like a full fledged video game with a story, original assets, and npcs.

Not that this means it will be good, it just won't be FO76 levels of bad.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

I am happy to see critics bash these games for no content.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever
@zaryia said:

No, it actually looks like a full fledged video game.

Not that this means it will be good, it just won't be FO76 levels of bad.

Just another half assed MP game selling at full price.

EA and bioware are far worst than bethesda. atleast bethesda are great publishers.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Bioware has garnered alot of ill will over the years for various reasons, be it game quality, politics, EA or dancing on Totalbiscuits grave 12 hours after he was dead, so I think alot of core-gamers will be actively wanting this to fail.

I hate EA, I think they are a bunch of cunts, so I hope it fails. Not ashamed to say that lol

-

Think even looking at it more objectively ignoring the sources, it just looked incredibly generic and boring. The only interesting aspect was the ability to freely fly around a level, but even that shit isn't new when you think about it. World Of Warcraft introduced mounts with Burning Crusade and gives you probably a shit ton more freedom than this game will provide.

The demo's themselves looked very scripted and fake, with the usual cringey attempts at "this is what gamers sounds like".

It reminds me of DC's shitty attempt to create a universe like Marvel. I think this game won't flop, but I don't think it will do the amazing numbers EA are thinking. Bioware is a tarnished name now, They don't weald the respect they did in the BG days.

They just come across as tired, We've went from Rocky I to Rocky 5 with no Rocky Balboa or Creed to redeem it.

In many ways, Bioware are alot like Tommy Gunn. EA's that "touch me and I'll sue" guy. A real piece of shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Either it will succeed and Bioware will live happily ever after till eternity.(Since then they can just make anthem sequels) Or it will fail badly and then EA shuts them down.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I have no doubt it will be better than Fallout: 76, but it doesn't look like the kind of game I'd be interested in. From what I understand, it's a separate team within Bioware developing Anthem, so not the same team which worked on ME: Andromeda.

From the gameplay footage I've seen so far, it looks like a beautiful, competently made game, neither of which can be said for Fallout: 76.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

I for one I'm looking forward to playing Anthem, I love anything with Sci-Fi gaming and I will admit, I did enjoy Destiny series as it is, I'm very well excited for Anthem and most of all, I'm an EA Origin Premier member, I'll be downloading the game for free along with any DLC included :)

I don't expect Anthem to be anything special nor groundbreaking but I gotta admit, it looked amazing on PC by looking at the gameplay. Fallout 76 on the other hand, Bethesda making a game the fans didn't want but nowhere near as bad as gamers expected to be, so in reality, it didn't flop. Anthem has a tougher mountain to climb I think. A lot of people have a bad taste in their mouth from Andromeda, so they’re already skeptical of BioWare and it doesn't help there’s the fact that the game feels almost similar to Destiny, but no one knows whether it’s learned from Destiny’s mistakes or is just Destiny in third person. Overall, Bioware has lots of time to show off Anthem could be their next big hit and if not, you can bet their asses are out the door cause they won't get a second chance. This is all or nothing, I hope Anthem delivers.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

Before we write the game off, it's still being made by the good team at Bioware behind the ME trilogy. We'll just try to forget about Andromeda, which was done by another group.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

The more I see of Anthem the more excited I get. Fallout 76 on the other hand looked like a complete mess from the start imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I saw the gameplay and it looked pretty good. I liked the feel of the game. The customizations options seems to one of thier selling points. I think its going to be a Destiny killer.

I still need to see more gameplay videos to make a decision.

Damedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Damedius
Member since 2010 • 737 Posts

If they have the same writers that they used for Mass Effect Andromeda then this could easily be the last Bioware game.

We'll get to find out if Bioware wants to makes video games or martyr themselves on the altar of progressivism.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Game looks boring and will flop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I'm confused about why they made fallout 76 available to play prior to release. They knew the game was bad, but the beta basically let the public know well before release day. You'd think they would prefer it kept secret until then.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

No I don’t think so. What I’ve seen on the game so far looks really good and I’m really looking forward to the game myself so I sure hope that it turns out to be a great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I know im not buying it Mass Andromeda Destiny 2 both games sucked ass why would i play another one?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Bethesda are clueless clowns. I dont know why Ghosts is so intent on blowing them.

Their last 2 releases have been colossal train wrecks. Too busy re-releasing Skyrim 100x over.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

So recently with a Big AAA flop like fallout 76 with not so bigger flop like battlefield V and shadow of tomb raider.

This is not a sentence, dude

Just because you end it with punctuation doesn't make it a sentence.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#19 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

No, Metro Exodus will be. Anthem actually looks good.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@princessgomez92 said:

you said same about Doom. then you tried inferior version on switch and like it.

same cycle can repeat with Metro.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Hopefully. Love seeing sellout RPG devs like Bioshit and Bethesduh go down the tubes.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26095 Posts

BFV should have been delayed to this game's release date, and Anthem should have been given another E3 to sell itself.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#23 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

you said same about Doom. then you tried inferior version on switch and like it.

You seem salty about that for some reason.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ghosts4ever

@bussinrounds said:

Hopefully. Love seeing sellout RPG devs like Bioshit and Bethesduh go down the tubes.

not bethesda. they are one of the best publishers around. but terrible developers.

@princessgomez92 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@princessgomez92 said:

You seem salty about that for some reason.

Im expecting it to be Next Half life and Next STALKER. ala one of the greatest FPS of all time. and its going to be.