Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@gifford38 said:
@phlop_spencer said:

@Pedro: dial 1-800 gamepass for 4 decent rentals and then paying months in late fees

hello this is 1-800 gamepass. yes I just bought the series x and im looking something new to play on it. sorry you have to go spend 70 dollars for the new games that just came out. but I bought this for gamepass were are the new series x games? sorry you will have to wait until 2022 for those.

😄 "oh, and by the way, that game is not on GamePass"

Herd therapy lol.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11257 Posts

@brimmul777:

Norway.

When I moved here from the UAE in 2001, the average salary was €30,000 and games cost €65.

Today the average salary is €56,000 and you can buy new games for €50.

Break this into hourly wage;

2001: You made €18.75/hr so you needed to work 3.5 hours to buy a game

2020: You made €35/hr so you needed to work 1.5 hours to buy a game.

Another way of phrasing it; buying games 19 years ago was 133% more expensive than buying games in 2020.

Don't even get me started on the 90s, where the income was much lower and the price of video games pretty much the same. I haven't looked at the data because I didn't live here at the time, but I would guess buying a game would take maybe 5-6 hours at the national average level. Compared to just 1.5 hours of today.

This is btw, of course not factoring in all the bargain bin games you can find today. Back in 2001, the absolute cheapest you would find a game was like €10-15. Nowadays you can log into PSN and find games for €7 or less. I bought Mass Effect: Andromeda + Dragon Age: Iquisition for a total price of €8.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22660 Posts

@Mozelleple112: I gotta move to Norway...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

hello this is 1-800 gamepass. yes I just bought the series x and im looking something new to play on it. sorry you have to go spend 70 dollars for the new games that just came out. but I bought this for gamepass were are the new series x games? sorry you will have to wait until 2022 for those.

Lets see what's coming for Gamepass this year Gears Tactics and Microsoft Flight Simulator. Next year, who knows. What I do know my bitter friend who is being forced to pay $70 for first party games is that ALL games under the Xbox Game Studios umbrella including ALL Bethesda made games coming out next year will be on Gamepass. 😂

Check gears already on PC.

Check MS Flight Simulator already on PC as well.

What you jumped to Next year from those 2 games that already are on PC.😂

I guess the Series X really has shit to play this year and probably next as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15338/Gears_Tactics__Gears_5_Bundle/

I can get both Gear 5 and Gears Tactic for PC for $49.99 now.

Can get Flight simulator as well and don't have to pay $500 + taxes for that..

By the way i am sure xbox series X will be $70, just like Kameo was $49.99 in 2005 and by Gears 1 all first party games were $59.99.

Can quote me on this ^^.

By the way didn't know sony forced people to buy games, you know gamefly exist and is not limited to the shitty small selection MS has or the one sony has.

Now that is the proper way to do renting not some glorified rental service that FORCE you to play just what little they have.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7148 Posts

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:
@phlop_spencer said:

@Pedro: dial 1-800 gamepass for 4 decent rentals and then paying months in late fees

Lets see what's coming for Gamepass this year Gears Tactics and Microsoft Flight Simulator. Next year, who knows. What I do know my bitter friend who is being forced to pay $70 for first party games is that ALL games under the Xbox Game Studios umbrella including ALL Bethesda made games coming out next year will be on Gamepass. 😂

so the flight simulator has been confirmed for gamepass in 2020? no it's not. plus that would go against phil's no series x only games from there first party studios until 2022.

so I stand correct gears tactics and tetris effect day one gamepass games for series x players to choose from.

2020 was not a good year for xbox games they had to hide behind the series x sense the beginning of this year back in febuary 2020. no games while sony put out big titles.

power teraflops omg sony has another game coming. ok go out and scream power or teraflops.

omg sony released another game.

ok take the sires x apart and show to people.

omg another game sony wow ghost looks really good.

ok go scream out power again.

so what are the launch titles for the series x. um um go show more last gen games loading rely fast.

this was xbox in 2020.

what did they put out in 2020 other than grounded?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#107 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@brimmul777:

Norway.

When I moved here from the UAE in 2001, the average salary was €30,000 and games cost €65.

Today the average salary is €56,000 and you can buy new games for €50.

Break this into hourly wage;

2001: You made €18.75/hr so you needed to work 3.5 hours to buy a game

2020: You made €35/hr so you needed to work 1.5 hours to buy a game.

Another way of phrasing it; buying games 19 years ago was 133% more expensive than buying games in 2020.

Don't even get me started on the 90s, where the income was much lower and the price of video games pretty much the same. I haven't looked at the data because I didn't live here at the time, but I would guess buying a game would take maybe 5-6 hours at the national average level. Compared to just 1.5 hours of today.

This is btw, of course not factoring in all the bargain bin games you can find today. Back in 2001, the absolute cheapest you would find a game was like €10-15. Nowadays you can log into PSN and find games for €7 or less. I bought Mass Effect: Andromeda + Dragon Age: Iquisition for a total price of €8.

Good thing they stayed out of the EU then eh?

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 733 Posts

$10 won't make a difference if it's something I really want to play. But I've already changed some of my habits and am trying to wait a few months past the release and buy at a discount

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#109 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

$60 is the top of my comfort threshold for video games. Any higher than that and I'll wait for sales or buy used.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#110 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69412 Posts

@gifford38 said:

so the flight simulator has been confirmed for gamepass in 2020? no it's not. plus that would go against phil's no series x only games from there first party studios until 2022.

so I stand correct gears tactics and tetris effect day one gamepass games for series x players to choose from.

2020 was not a good year for xbox games they had to hide behind the series x sense the beginning of this year back in febuary 2020. no games while sony put out big titles.

power teraflops omg sony has another game coming. ok go out and scream power or teraflops.

omg sony released another game.

ok take the sires x apart and show to people.

omg another game sony wow ghost looks really good.

ok go scream out power again.

so what are the launch titles for the series x. um um go show more last gen games loading rely fast.

this was xbox in 2020.

what did they put out in 2020 other than grounded?

You are drowning in your own nonsense. I have already corrected your nonsense in another thread so I am not repeating. The fact that is still undisputed my bitter forumite, is that while you are paying $70 for Sony's first party game, I will being enjoying Xbox first party games via Gamepass. 😂