Wii2 could be 8 years away. (Iwata interview inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

"As long as they are comfortable with the current technology's ability to deliver meaningful surprises to the users, we don't need new hardware. However, when they start demanding something new, when they see the existing hardware can't provide what they need, then that is when we decide to launch the new hardware. As for timing, it may be three years from now, five years from now or eight years from now."

Now that I got your attention...read the full interview here. Pretty interesting...talks about HD, iPhone, and even makes a good case for why they are doing the vitality sensor.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Interesting. They should have to this conclusion 3 years ago.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Interesting. They should have to this conclusion 3 years ago.

foxhound_fox
Yeah.. and included the ability for it to do HD, that even some original XBOX games had...
error_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 error_202
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts

Yeah if thats the case i could see Nintendo being first out the door next gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
Well if the console manufacturers are to believed, we won't be seeing new consoles for ages :( Looks like I'll have to concentrate more on PC gaming. Currently, I always conisider it secondary to my 360.
DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

good news :D

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
So sheeps will be stuck with a GC 1.1 for another 8years? okay for me lol by the time Wii 2 is out we will already see graphics 2x better than Crysis on ULTRA HIGH
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
TC. I see what you did thar. Still, this is sort of what I expected from Nintendo. I wouldn't want them to bring out a new system just because they feel that's what they should do. I only want a new system once the old one bores me.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Every time I see obvious blue ocean references from Iwata, I alway picture him browsing through a bookstore, idly leafing through "The Blue Ocean Strategy" then his jaw slowly dropping before he runs out of the bookstore, so excited that he forgets to pay for the book.
DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DumbDubya
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

Nintendo -- 5 years -- Super Nintendo -- 5 years -- Nintendo 64 -- 5 years -- Gamecube -- 5 Years -- Wii -- 5 years -- New System

It will come out 2011.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Nintendo -- 5 years -- Super Nintendo -- 5 years -- Nintendo 64 -- 5 years -- Gamecube -- 5 Years -- Wii -- 5 years -- New System

It will come out 2011.

DumbDubya

Right, because nothing has changed...

DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DumbDubya
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

[QUOTE="DumbDubya"]

It will come out 2011.

goblaa

?????

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

[QUOTE="DumbDubya"]

It will come out 2011.

goblaa

well not as much as people like to think. I mean they were on top of the would in the 80s and 90s yet they still made new consoles

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Wow, by then my ipod will have better graphics than a Wii.
Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

"As long as they are comfortable with the current technology's ability to deliver meaningful surprises to the users, we don't need new hardware. However, when they start demanding something new, when they see the existing hardware can't provide what they need, then that is when we decide to launch the new hardware. As for timing, it may be three years from now, five years from now or eight years from now."

Now that I got your attention...read the full interview here. Pretty interesting...talks about HD, iPhone, and even makes a good case for why they are doing the vitality sensor.

jakehouston88

By then the Wii owners would have already went blind. :lol: (*from the graphics)

Thats intended to annoy other users!
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

It will come out 2011.

DumbDubya
Things are different this gen. I honestly believe none of the consoles have realized their true potential and its -JUST- beginning.. I see this gen lasting longer than usual.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Every time I see obvious blue ocean references from Iwata, I alway picture him browsing through a bookstore, idly leafing through "The Blue Ocean Strategy" then his jaw slowly dropping before he runs out of the bookstore, so excited that he forgets to pay for the book.Tylendal

And everytime I see Iwata or any other Nintendo guy talking about blue ocean, red ocean and disruption, I imagine all the suits at Microsoft and Sony mistakenly hearing something like "CASUALS, MOTION SENSING, CASUALS, MOTION SENSING, CASUAL, MOTION SENSING, MINI GAMES, CASUALS, MINI GAMES... MONEYZ!!!!111".

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Its not going to be 8 years, i hope some people actually read what he had to say. It was a good read. Nice and short and gave great insight on what and how Nintendo feels/is right now. However, i still have my doubts on that pulse thing.

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
it's nothing to worry about. All he's saying is the next system won't come out when X amount of years have passed but when it's wanted. When motion plus has done all it's can and we are not interested in the system anymore, the next will come