Wii VC = No quality control?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Michael324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Michael324
Member since 2002 • 9437 Posts

There's 20 year old games on there that have glitches.

Michael324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Michael324
If X360 started getting console games ninty would be in TROUBLE!
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23045 Posts
Are they glitches that were in the original game?
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Games are not changed when they're put on the VC. Any glitches in the original will be on the VC version.
Michael324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Michael324

Are they glitches that were in the original game?mattbbpl

NO!

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
Most of the time they are in the game orginally. But a few games have glitches caused by emulation.
audioaxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 audioaxes
Member since 2004 • 1570 Posts

wii vc is one of the most overrated things ever

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23045 Posts

[QUOTE="mattbbpl"]Are they glitches that were in the original game?Michael324

NO!

What kind of glitches are you referring to? They don't really change the games they post, so I'm curious as to what could have snuck in there.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fawlcon_Pawnch
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

[QUOTE="mattbbpl"]Are they glitches that were in the original game?Michael324

NO!

hmmm

Which games are you talking about?

Ihad no problems yet.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Games are not changed when they're put on the VC. Any glitches in the original will be on the VC version.nintendofreak_2
This person actually did the research and oddly enough that makes him have the correct answer
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fawlcon_Pawnch

audioaxes

Aha What?

Yeah damn those brilliant old classics, they should all burn >__>

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

Games are not changed when they're put on the VC. Any glitches in the original will be on the VC version.nintendofreak_2

This man speaks the truth.

lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts
[QUOTE="audioaxes"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Aha What?

Well they should at least be cheaper.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
VC is terrible, Nintendo is letting everything and anything onto the library.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#15 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I have had hardly any glitches in Virtual Console games and if they are any they were in the original titles as well.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

audioaxes
The competition is way worse so I don't see why it's overrated. Care to explain?
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy
I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.albi321
How did they improve Dig Dug?
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fawlcon_Pawnch

VC is terrible, Nintendo is letting everything and anything onto the library.FirstDiscovery

Thats a good thing, the more the better.

I'd love if VC had every single retro games ever released, its up to me to choose what i want to play.

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
[QUOTE="albi321"]I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.Jaysonguy

I'm sorry, haven't played that game, but all the ones I have played have improved graphics, online play, and leaderboards.
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fawlcon_Pawnch

I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.albi321

Maybe people dont want "improvements", i shure as hell dont want them messing with my SM3, Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Mega Man 2, Sin and Punishment, OOT etc, etc...

Thats why its called Virtual Console. And dont even compare VC with XBLA...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="albi321"]I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.albi321

I'm sorry, haven't played that game, but all the ones I have played have improved graphics, online play, and leaderboards.

Well if you played them all you'd know that a large chunk of them are games taken directly from the arcades that are perfectly emulated to play the way they did in the arcade cabinet.

No extras whatsoever.

Same thing Nintendo does with it's games Both services put out games that are the same as the day they were launched and intended to be enjoyed that way.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
VC is terrible, Nintendo is letting everything and anything onto the library.FirstDiscovery
And? AS long as they put on the great games, who cares if a few bad ones are let in? Are they making you buy them?
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FirstDiscovery

[QUOTE="albi321"]I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.Fawlcon_Pawnch

Maybe people dont want "improvements", i shure as hell dont want them messing with my SM3, Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Mega Man 2, Sin and Punishment, OOT etc, etc...

These are quick and dry emulations, they shouldnt be charging that much. On XBLA you get originals titles as low as 400 points

Edit: WOW, i REALLY screwed up this post last time, corrected for those who are wondering if English is my first language...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

[QUOTE="albi321"]I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.FirstDiscovery

This are quit and dry emulations, they should be charging that much. On XBLA you get originals titles as low as 400 points

Which is 5 dollars Exactly what Nintendo charges That was your argument? That they're the same price?
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"][QUOTE="audioaxes"]

lolkie_81

Aha What?

Well they should at least be cheaper.

While I agree, it is almost impossible to find games that old under $10....even on ebay especially when counting shipping. Its actually right on the ball so there is nothing we can do about it. It is slightly overrated though...Im just thankful that it has the system to begin with.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fawlcon_Pawnch
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

[QUOTE="albi321"]I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.FirstDiscovery

This are quit and dry emulations, they should be charging that much. On XBLA you get originals titles as low as 400 points

1. You said that VC is horrible because all retro games are there even the "bad" ones (lol?).

2. Now your problem is with price?

hmmm arent you just making an effort to find faults in that service, i mean, i can sympathize with the price thing but the first is just ridiculous.

VC costs what it costs because people are willing to buy them at that price, people buy Square Enix's old ports on DS and GBA at full price dont they? Wait for Chrono Trigger DS sales...

WiiWare also has original games as expensive as some VC ones, its all about what people are willing to give for these unaltered classics or original ones.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FirstDiscovery
[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

[QUOTE="albi321"]I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.Fawlcon_Pawnch

1. You said that VC is horrible because all retro games are there even the "bad" ones (lol?).

2. Now your problem is with price?

hmmm arent you just making an effort to find faults in that service, i mean, i can sympathize with the price thing but the first is just ridiculous.

VC costs what it costs because people are willing to buy them at that price, people buy Square Enix's old ports on DS and GBA at full price dont they? Wait for Chrono Trigger DS sales...

WiiWare also has original games as expensive as some VC ones, its all about what people are willing to give for these unaltered classics or original ones.

Seperate posts;)

Oh and BTW, you admit to being ripped off so that makes the practise fine?

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fawlcon_Pawnch

Seperate posts;)

Oh and BTW, you admit to being ripped off so that makes the practise fine?

FirstDiscovery

Where did i say that?

I said i sympathize with people who think its too much money for them.

As for me? I have no problem at all giving 5 euros for a Nes game, 8 for a SNES game and 10 for a N64. I dont find it expensive and some of these games are worth ALOT more.

These games are hard to find now and with VC i can choose whatever i want to play and have them all in the same console. I love it

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
For some reason,I came here thinking people would be discussing how games like China Warrior came to the Virtual Console.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

[QUOTE="albi321"]I cant believe nintendo is charging so much for VC titles, they just dump roms in the store, and the're done. At least XBLA remakes and improves the games.Jaysonguy

Which is 5 dollars Exactly what Nintendo charges That was your argument? That they're the same price?

That is why most of the people here complain about vc prices. They are not the same point value. 100 wii points = $1.00 and 100 xbox points = $1.25.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Wii VC gives us tons of retro goodness. Nintendo should let everything on there, as long as the games emulation work.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Super Metroid is made better by glitches.

I am personally more concerned with getting truck loads of crap and no Majora's Mask and Smash Bros.
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fawlcon_Pawnch

All this talk about VC is making me want to buy EarthWorm Jim for the Genesis :P

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
All games have glitches.
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

For some reason,I came here thinking people would be discussing how games like China Warrior came to the Virtual Console.VGobbsesser

I'm sure some people wanted it to be on there.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
VC is awesome, dont see how it is overrated, go out and find those nes games for that cheap. plus it would take forever to find them, and you would have to buy the console, even harder, here you just buy a points card, download it, and your playing within 5 minutes.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FirstDiscovery

Yeah and games cost more too:?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

Yeah and games cost more too:?

Yes So what was the point of saying that Live has games that cost as low as 5 dollars?