Wii U (32GB w/ Nintendo Land) Now Selling for $99 at Sears

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MonsieurX: ok thanks

@shawn30 said:

@Desmonic said:

Too expensive still... >.>

LMAO, thats mean :)

its true though. ninty have completely botched the marketing for wii u and have not conveyed the advantages of the tablet to the users same as m$ have done with kinect. the games just seemed to have tacked on gimmicks and the newers ones like donkey kong doesnt even use the tablet at all. unless they get rid of that garbage its going to be a hard sell to many people despite the price.

@drummerdave9099 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@WilliamRLBaker: why would u want to play multiplats on wiiu? Makes no sense, would be like me buying x1 to play titanfall even though I got superior version on pc. And yes I encourage pirating ninty game because they are sold at ridlicious prices and use garbage gimmicks whereas on pc they are free and I can use x360 controller to play mario galaxy. Not to mention the graphics look better on pc. Hope wiiu gets hacked soon

your words make me want to vomit

nothing wrong with pirating games that have sold millions. grow up

Hate to break it to you, but that makes no sense.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@lbjkurono23: pirating indie games is low but mainstream games that sell 1m anyway who cares, there is going to be another mario regardless if i pirate it or not. ninty abandoned a lot of people with that motion gimmick so people took to pirating to play the game they way it should have been

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#103 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@WilliamRLBaker: why would u want to play multiplats on wiiu? Makes no sense, would be like me buying x1 to play titanfall even though I got superior version on pc. And yes I encourage pirating ninty game because they are sold at ridlicious prices and use garbage gimmicks whereas on pc they are free and I can use x360 controller to play mario galaxy. Not to mention the graphics look better on pc. Hope wiiu gets hacked soon

How stupid of you

more like how stupid of nintendo. they could have extra sales if they integrated full classic controller support in all their big games but they didnt so i didnt give them my money.

also dolphin is superior to wii in every sense of the word. better graphics, greater flexibility and free games

They do.

"free games"

they dont. i cant use classic controller to play mario galaxy even the 2d scrollers like new super mario/wario i couldnt because some levels require u to shake the wii mote to pull of moves. and ninty are pulling the same shit again this gen, now i have to hold a big ass tablet in my hand to play their games, mario world doesnt even fully support pro controller because some levels have forced tacked in integration with the tablet. oh well their loss

Are you drunk, trolling, or just misinformed?

all of the above :) but my point stands

super mario 3d world has 'partial' support, there is a level in the game where the tablet is required because u have to touch the screen to find your path or something. also seeing that list why is New Super Mario Bros. Unot compatible with the pro controller? also where is donkey kong? is that fully compatable

Donkey Kong is. The level in 3D World is optional IIRC, the Wii U Pad is no more mandatory to play the game than 3D was for 3D Land.

And New Super Mario Bros. U is compatible with Wii U Pro :| I just linked you to a list that says that it is. It doesn't support Wii Classic Controller, which is a Wii peripheral, but it fully supports Wii U Pro, which is what you want, isn't it?

yep. ok so quick question, can i play mario 3d world from start to finish without touching the tablet now? what does optional iirc mean?

also the link u provided it says 'NO' next to super mario bros u, but i googledit turns out they released a update to make it compatable

I mean, you'll need to touch the tablet to boot the game up, lol. Also, by optional, I mean there's some hidden levels that you need to complete to 100% the game which I think require the tablet, but to finish the game proper with its main game worlds and everything, no, you don't need to use the tablet. At all.

And the NO next to New Super Mario Bros. U is for Classic Controller support, not Wii U Pro support. It says so right at the very top of the table.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@charizard1605: well looks like i will buy a wii u down the line after metroid/zelda have released then. hopefully they remaster the original metroid trilogy as well and a few more zelda games

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#105 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

When's the PS4 going down to that price?

when it costs 99 to produce just like the wii u

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Already picked mine up a couple of weeks ago for not that much more.

What's your opinion of the machine? (and why did you pick it up lol)?

Sorry for the length.

Against all expectations I'm very much enjoying it. After putting in some good time, I don't see anything wrong with this little machine. It's very capable and I must say that I was fearful of how the Gamepad would rub off on me, but surprisingly I like it, so much so that I'm coming to prefer using it over traditional controllers. Off TV play is amazing, it's great to be able to play games, watch YT, Netflix.....all in bed. All the arguments of "get rid of it to reduce the cost, it's a worthless gimmick burden", I say, "**** NO". The Gamepad is what makes the U the U and I find it to be a wonderful compliment to the system. It's great to be able to have the convenience of map/inventory at a glance, now navigable with touch. I loved the DS screens, and I love it here as I suspected I would.

On the cons, I believe Nintendo really does need to modernize their UI. While it certainly works, they desperately need to mature their image while at the same time maintaining that fun, Disney-esque vibe they're so good at. It's perfectly doable. This whole cute Miiverse toy approach/appearance has to go, I'm sorry to say. The cubes are not efficient, and while certainly functional, everything gives off a bit of a amateurish impression. The eshop is nice and well laid out, but as it stands all of Nintendo's digital content/VC is off limits to me as I refuse to touch it until they remove the link to hardware and give me some feeling of assurance over my digital purchases. Not to mention their VC sucks balls, but I knew this already. The tablet is also cheaply made, expected. I'm unsure of its long-term survival.

I picked it up because I found a bundle for $199 and I've been badly wanting Pikmin 3 since it arrived (and it has not disappointed, freakin' amazing, AMAZING game....this is the stuff that defines Nintendo), and there are now enough games to warrant value, even if many of those are from franchises I've grown fatigued of (Mario, Zelda). Also, part of my motivation for buying is that I'm one often heavily critical of Nintendo, I really should own the system to lend my opinion merit. I am still very critical of them, just more so towards their managerial aptitude.

Thing is, the Wii U has actually made me MORE angry at Nintendo, because there is absolutely nothing wrong with this hardware, and it pisses me off to see them treating it like this. I think if they supported it and marketed it and it were in the hands of people who new how to run a business correctly, it could be doing much, much better. I cannot bring myself to believe it's suffering so badly at market because it's an inherently bad product; I vehemently disagree there. It's just being handled like shit by bumbling idiots, and this reinforces my belief that Iwata and his management needed to be gone years ago and every day they remain at the company it's only making things worse. They allowed the Wii U to get into this situation, and are now just throwing up their hands, leaving it out in the cold not knowing what to do. I've no doubt they're going to do the same as time goes on. They need to go. That the Wii U is a decent system but is failing so spectacularly is evidence of this enough.

So yea. Despite a few issues here and there, I like it a lot. LOVE it, actually.

kunal_anand50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#107 kunal_anand50
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:

Nintendo Network Deluxe(lol)

Don't see why you'd laugh at a promotion that gets you 10% of all your money back, really.

@kunal_anand50 said:

Someone get one and ship it to me in India :(

@_Matt_ said:

Someone post one to me?

Ya'all send me the money, and I'll buy and ship it to you lol. Although @kunal_anand50, if you live in Delhi, Palika probably has them for much cheaper

Pallika has them for 22k something i.e about 350$. The main problem that i have is not the price of the console itself but the games. The selection is limited here and each cost about 4k and with no resale market for wii u games here, it becomes quite expensive to manage :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@kunal_anand50 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:

Don't see why you'd laugh at a promotion that gets you 10% of all your money back, really.

@kunal_anand50 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Someone post one to me?

Ya'all send me the money, and I'll buy and ship it to you lol. Although @kunal_anand50, if you live in Delhi, Palika probably has them for much cheaper

Pallika has them for 22k something i.e about 350$. The main problem that i have is not the price of the console itself but the games. The selection is limited here and each cost about 4k and with no resale market for wii u games here, it becomes quite expensive to manage :(

Dude, buy the games on the Nintendo eShop. You'll get them at retail price.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@kunal_anand50 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:

@kunal_anand50 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Someone post one to me?

Excuse my naivity... but where on Earth is Pallika? I have never heard of it :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@_Matt_ said:

@kunal_anand50 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:

@kunal_anand50 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Someone post one to me?

It's an underground electronics market in New Delhi lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@kunal_anand50: If you have Steam, add me (Pramath1605), and I'll tell you how to handle ownership of a Nintendo in India lol. It's a little more difficult, but it can be done, and can be totally worth it lol.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@kunal_anand50 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Heil68 said:

@kunal_anand50 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Someone post one to me?

It's an underground electronics market in New Delhi lol

Ah, well that would explain why I had never heard of it... Carry on :P

kunal_anand50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#113 kunal_anand50
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@kunal_anand50: If you have Steam, add me (Pramath1605), and I'll tell you how to handle ownership of a Nintendo in India lol. It's a little more difficult, but it can be done, and can be totally worth it lol.

Done. Would add you on steam once i reach my place/

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Honestly if you aren't going to get one now, then you never will. Might as well not even bitch about the "$199 or bust".

Of course some of you aren't near a Sears so the whining will still happen but it should quiet down a bit.

Edit: Don't know how to read OP. My half point still stands if it did price drop. :P