Wii Lifespan?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts

So how long is the Wii suppose to last or better how long will the graphics help it last? I cant help but think once a lot of gamers start to become accustom to PS3/360 type graphics it will be hard to go back to the Wii, as an avide sports gamer this is a huge problem, due to the amount of animations, physics and spectaculor graphics that will be seen in PS3 sports games compared to the Wii...U really expect people to choose playing Madden on the Wii  over the PS3/360 just cause of a remote when in 2 years the graphics will look extremely dated?

Opinions, Points, Comments?

This is now, Imagine what two years will be like...

ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
I still play Doom 64 and Ocarina of Time. I don't think I fall in that category.

EDIT: and since you mention sports, I still play Blitz on my 64.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
The Wii will have the normal console lifespan. 5 or more years. If graphics were so important, then the PS2 should be dying off right now, but there's still proof that it's going strong. So no, the Wii will not die due to its graphics.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Wii does not have much legs I don't think, especially as HD becomes more mainstream.
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Sir-Poof-

I still play Doom 64 and Ocarina of Time. I don't think I fall in that category.

EDIT: and since you mention sports, I still play Blitz on my 64.ShakeNBake1491

Thats why I said "a lot" not all....I dont play Gameday 2000 over NCAA Football 07 cause of graphics.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I think Nintendo will release a new console in no more then 3 years.
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Sir-Poof-

The Wii will have the normal console lifespan. 5 or more years. If graphics were so important, then the PS2 should be dying off right now, but there's still proof that it's going strong. So no, the Wii will not die due to its graphics.Zhengi

So u think its graphics can keep the system above water 5 years from now?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
no it wont die off early, itll definantly hurt the console in that department. i mean if i can do more in the 360 madden ill get that version. but at this point i like the wii one more. if madden 08 and the wii has online ill buy it for the wii. the controls for madden on the wii are more fun. also they have defensive playmaker options. i dont know why that hasnt been on the 360or PS3 versions when its on the PS2, cube, xbox, and the wii. i love that option. you make ur own defensive calls on the fly. you can confuse people more quickly. it needs to be in madden 08. also the gimmick plays like hb option passes and reverse plays. you know mix it up a little.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Since Wii is "new gen," I believe this also means Nintendo wants to change how often they cycle through systems. Rather than every 5 years, I think they intend to move more towards the direction of every 3 years. "Wii 2" or whatever the heck they call it will probably be roughly as powerful as PS3 and Xbox 360, and then three years later, when PS4 and Xbox 720 have been out for about a year, they'll release another one that's slightly more powerful than "Wii 2." They're probably going to end up on a completely different cycle from the other systems depending on how things go.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
Since Wii is "new gen," I believe this also means Nintendo wants to change how often they cycle through systems. Rather than every 5 years, I think they intend to move more towards the direction of every 3 years. "Wii 2" or whatever the heck they call it will probably be roughly as powerful as PS3 and Xbox 360, and then three years later, when PS4 and Xbox 720 have been out for about a year, they'll release another one that's slightly more powerful than "Wii 2." They're probably going to end up on a completely different cycle from the other systems depending on how things go.Timstuff

I have no idea where you get this idea from?

I mean really what leads you to think that?
Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Metroid_Time
Member since 2006 • 2225 Posts
I think Nintendo will release a new console in no more then 3 years.BioShockOwnz
 Shiggy disagrees
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts
I think Nintendo will release a new console in no more then 3 years.BioShockOwnz

Yup, and it wont be cheap.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
I cant even play with the Wiis Visuals but, I Guess other peeps can.
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Sir-Poof-

no it wont die off early, itll definantly hurt the console in that department. i mean if i can do more in the 360 madden ill get that version. but at this point i like the wii one more. if madden 08 and the wii has online ill buy it for the wii. the controls for madden on the wii are more fun. also they have defensive playmaker options. i dont know why that hasnt been on the 360or PS3 versions when its on the PS2, cube, xbox, and the wii. i love that option. you make ur own defensive calls on the fly. you can confuse people more quickly. it needs to be in madden 08. also the gimmick plays like hb option passes and reverse plays. you know mix it up a little. jg4xchamp

I know what u mean but I believe all the little things in previous Madden games will be back for the PS3/360 versions for 08.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]I cant even play with the Wiis Visuals but, I Guess other peeps can.

How do you ever manage to play Halo2 anymore?
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GundamGuy0

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]no it wont die off early, itll definantly hurt the console in that department. i mean if i can do more in the 360 madden ill get that version. but at this point i like the wii one more. if madden 08 and the wii has online ill buy it for the wii. the controls for madden on the wii are more fun. also they have defensive playmaker options. i dont know why that hasnt been on the 360or PS3 versions when its on the PS2, cube, xbox, and the wii. i love that option. you make ur own defensive calls on the fly. you can confuse people more quickly. it needs to be in madden 08. also the gimmick plays like hb option passes and reverse plays. you know mix it up a little. -Sir-Poof-

I know what u mean but I believe all the little things in previous Madden games will be back for the PS3/360 versions for 08.

Perhaps. Who knows what EA will do.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]I cant even play with the Wiis Visuals but, I Guess other peeps can.

:lol: man that sucks for you.
Mardil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mardil
Member since 2004 • 3214 Posts
If the Wii games are more fun, sure, I'll still keep playing my Wii.
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Sir-Poof-
[QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]no it wont die off early, itll definantly hurt the console in that department. i mean if i can do more in the 360 madden ill get that version. but at this point i like the wii one more. if madden 08 and the wii has online ill buy it for the wii. the controls for madden on the wii are more fun. also they have defensive playmaker options. i dont know why that hasnt been on the 360or PS3 versions when its on the PS2, cube, xbox, and the wii. i love that option. you make ur own defensive calls on the fly. you can confuse people more quickly. it needs to be in madden 08. also the gimmick plays like hb option passes and reverse plays. you know mix it up a little. GundamGuy0

They better :evil: it was a huge reason I loved 05.

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Sir-Poof-

If the Wii games are more fun, sure, I'll still keep playing my Wii.Mardil

That all depends on taste.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

[QUOTE="Zhengi"]The Wii will have the normal console lifespan. 5 or more years. If graphics were so important, then the PS2 should be dying off right now, but there's still proof that it's going strong. So no, the Wii will not die due to its graphics.-Sir-Poof-

I don't think it has to keep up with the other 2 systems. Why do you think the Wii is outselling the other two right now? It isn't because of the graphics. So whether you choose to believe it or not, graphics are not the determining factor in people getting the Wii, not that the Wii isn't capable of turning out good graphics. By time this gen is over, there will be some great looking Wii games. Count on this.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]no it wont die off early, itll definantly hurt the console in that department. i mean if i can do more in the 360 madden ill get that version. but at this point i like the wii one more. if madden 08 and the wii has online ill buy it for the wii. the controls for madden on the wii are more fun. also they have defensive playmaker options. i dont know why that hasnt been on the 360or PS3 versions when its on the PS2, cube, xbox, and the wii. i love that option. you make ur own defensive calls on the fly. you can confuse people more quickly. it needs to be in madden 08. also the gimmick plays like hb option passes and reverse plays. you know mix it up a little. -Sir-Poof-

They better :evil: it was a huge reason I loved 05.

i know i loved confusing the heck out of people when they didnt know where is was blitzing from or who i dropped into coverage. im sorry but with just the standard madden plays it is a pain in the behind trying to stop someone really good at madden with a running QB like vick or young. seriously EA needs to fix that up a little because niether of those 2 are that dominant in real life.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

The Wii won't last long cuz of its graphics?

I don't think so. Why? Cuz the Wii isn't about graphics anyway.

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Sir-Poof-
[QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"]

[QUOTE="Zhengi"]The Wii will have the normal console lifespan. 5 or more years. If graphics were so important, then the PS2 should be dying off right now, but there's still proof that it's going strong. So no, the Wii will not die due to its graphics.Zhengi

I don't think it has to keep up with the other 2 systems. Why do you think the Wii is outselling the other two right now? It isn't because of the graphics. So whether you choose to believe it or not, graphics are not the determining factor in people getting the Wii, not that the Wii isn't capable of turning out good graphics. By time this gen is over, there will be some great looking Wii games. Count on this.

I believe its the price more than anything thats helping the Wii sell so well right now but that wont be the case two years from now when both PS3/360 start to become more affordable.

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Sir-Poof-

m_machine024

Not only is it not about Graphics its not about Physics which will be very noticeable.

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Sir-Poof-
I just realized I didnt put my own prediction...2006-2009
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Since when do graphics determine a console's lifespan?
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Sir-Poof-

Since when do graphics determine a console's lifespan?VGobbsesser

When has there ever been such a big difference in one consoles graphics to the other?

Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
I don't care about graphics.
Fun = priority
Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ultimate_Peon
Member since 2003 • 587 Posts
The Wii will go for the regular lifespan length. The theory that it will only go for 3 years and then be replaced by one to compete graphically with PS3 and 360 is pretty silly, as it would be absolutely terrible business to just suddenly toss away an install base (which currently looks like it will be substantial) and start over mid-gen. That would simply destroy any chance of Nintendo actually coming out on top or recovering from its third-party support woes.
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Sir-Poof-

I don't care about graphics.
Fun = priority
Silchas

Hey Madden 2001 was a lot of fun u dont see ppl playing that anymore.

Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts

[QUOTE="Silchas"]I don't care about graphics.
Fun = priority
-Sir-Poof-

:lol: Madden... :roll:
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts
Wii does not have much legs I don't think, especially as HD becomes more mainstream.Timstuff
Long way off, Wii has at least 5 years
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 axt113
[QUOTE="m_machine024"]

-Sir-Poof-

Not only is it not about Graphics its not about Physics which will be very noticeable.

Not to causals/nongamers
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Sir-Poof-
[QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"]

[QUOTE="Silchas"]I don't care about graphics.
Fun = priority
Silchas

:lol: Madden... :roll:

Gamerankings.....Madden 2001 - 90.0%...yea thats something to laugh about:roll:

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Sir-Poof-
[QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"][QUOTE="m_machine024"]

axt113

Not to causals/nongamers

Yea cause ur a casual/nongamer.....:roll:

axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 axt113
[QUOTE="axt113"][QUOTE="-Sir-Poof-"][QUOTE="m_machine024"]

-Sir-Poof-

Not to causals/nongamers

Yea cause ur a casual/nongamer.....:roll:

No, but most of the Market is
tacubano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tacubano
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts
The "legs" of the wii is the wii motte....without that the wii would have failed at the start...no one can arguee that...if i would have been gamecube 2...with 360 graphics....If they keep getting crappy third party support then they WILL fail...u get all this ps2 ports and "new" versions of games that u can so tell were rushed that u go like I can play this game with better graphics and better offline/online support on 360/PS3 then why get a wii?!?!?!? unless u really like nintendo franchises ....if u do then wii is for u 
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
Well Madden on wii is proably better than madden on 360 and ps3, the wiimote really does add a lot to madden's gameplay
jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#40 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
Wii should have a 5 + year life span pending on how you take care of it.
OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OfficialJab
Member since 2005 • 3249 Posts

So how long is the 360/P3 suppose to last or better how long will the graphics help it last? I cant help but think once a lot of gamers start to become accustom to Wii type controls it will be hard to go back to the 360/P3, as an avide sports gamer this is a huge problem, due to the amount of interactivity and that will be seen in Wii sports games compared to the Wii...U really expect people to choose playing Madden on the 360/PS3 over the Wii just cause of good graphics when in 2 years the controls will feel extremely dated
-Sir-Poof-

How about my revision?