Wii is for kids?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JustAGamer01
Member since 2004 • 568 Posts
This a remark many haters say, "ummm yea wii is for the kiddies and so is nintendo!!".... yea whatever, im 19 all my friends that own a wii are 18 and up. so the question begs to ask is ninty gamers who grew up on nintendo in the late 80's and early 90's be kiddy? If anything  that would be cows and lemmings who are mainly preteens. Nintendogamer=old gamer........silly cows sony is for kids...
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
well alot of casuals think of the Wii is the youth console
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
I wonder when I'm in my 40-50s if I'll still be just a kid on the inside.
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts
I don't think wii is for kids.  Sure I guess it's kid friendly or some games are aimed for kids. but imo, overall aimed for any aged group.
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MaTT2011
Member since 2005 • 3949 Posts
I've always noticed that more "kids" seem to play 360/ps2/3 whereas all the older folk i know are partial to nintendo........ ....interesting how this reality thing works out
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
I wonder when I'm in my 40-50s if I'll still be just a kid on the inside.RahnAetas
Well I'm 16 now, but I'm an 8 year old on the inside (you should have seen how I acted when I was a councellor at the cub summer camp), so when I'm 40 I'll act like I'm twenty :lol:
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
21 and have a Wii. Not really enjoying as much as I thought...but I have it.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts

This a remark many haters say, "ummm yea wii is for the kiddies and so is nintendo!!".... yea whatever, im 19 all my friends that own a wii are 18 and up. so the question begs to ask is ninty gamers who grew up on nintendo in the late 80's and early 90's be kiddy? If anything  that would be cows and lemmings who are mainly preteens. Nintendogamer=old gamer........silly cows sony is for kids...JustAGamer01

I agreed.:)

Nintendo-Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nintendo-Wii
Member since 2006 • 464 Posts
 Looks at these kids play Wii!
RKFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RKFS
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts
Most of the the top selling games are 13+ Despite the majority of games being "kiddy" games.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts
My 19 year old friend stood in line for the console on its release date. The youngest person standing there was my friend (there were 10 other people there).
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
My 19 year old friend stood in line for the console on its release date. The youngest person standing there was my friend (there were 10 other people there).Litchie
Not counting my 13 yr old brother, I was the youngest person in line where I was.
JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JustAGamer01

And another thing wii games arent kiddy... a dora the explorer game is kiddy, mario is for everyone...

Challange: see how far ur youngest can get in super mario world or mario 64, then give em GTA4 or Halo 1or 2. and see in which one he gets further..

A game can be less dark and more colorful (mario) but be harder and more hardcore...

shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

This a remark many haters say, "ummm yea wii is for the kiddies and so is nintendo!!".... yea whatever, im 19 all my friends that own a wii are 18 and up. so the question begs to ask is ninty gamers who grew up on nintendo in the late 80's and early 90's be kiddy? If anything  that would be cows and lemmings who are mainly preteens. Nintendogamer=old gamer........silly cows sony is for kids...JustAGamer01

umm how about no.

Im 24 gonna be 25 in july, I grew up on Nintendo, but I have since moved on to consoles to more of my taste.  Nintendo's games in the past > Nintendos games of the present HANDS DOWN.  & just cause a person has one console or another does not mean that they are "kiddy" :roll:  MANY old school gamers have 360's or PS3's and have since moved on from Nintendo, it does not mean that 360 or ps3 users = new gamers in there teen's.

Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kev_Unreal

My 19 year old friend stood in line for the console on its release date. The youngest person standing there was my friend (there were 10 other people there).Litchie

Where I lived there was over 200 people in line for the Wii at launch date and I too was the youngest person standing.:( most people were in their late 20's or early 30's.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34690 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"]My 19 year old friend stood in line for the console on its release date. The youngest person standing there was my friend (there were 10 other people there).Kev_Unreal

Where I lived there was over 200 people in line for the Wii at launch date and I too was the youngest person standing.:( most people were in their late 20's or early 30's.

Yeah, there was 150 people standing in line at another store, so don't think that the Wii isn't popular where I live..
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

[QUOTE="JustAGamer01"]This a remark many haters say, "ummm yea wii is for the kiddies and so is nintendo!!".... yea whatever, im 19 all my friends that own a wii are 18 and up. so the question begs to ask is ninty gamers who grew up on nintendo in the late 80's and early 90's be kiddy? If anything  that would be cows and lemmings who are mainly preteens. Nintendogamer=old gamer........silly cows sony is for kids...shaggymcp

umm how about no.

Im 24 gonna be 25 in july, I grew up on Nintendo, but I have since moved on to consoles to more of my taste.  Nintendo's games in the past > Nintendos games of the present HANDS DOWN.  & just cause a person has one console or another does not mean that they are "kiddy" :roll:  MANY old school gamers have 360's or PS3's and have since moved on from Nintendo, it does not mean that 360 or ps3 users = new gamers in there teen's.

i agree, the samething happened to me, it all boils down to preference, which a lot of people don't seem to get, though i don't agree when people call the wii kiddie, cause it's targeted towards everybody, not just kids
shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

I was the 10th person in line at Best Buy when I got my Wii, and I was there for 12 hours in line, and almost everyone that I talked to that showed up was there for one reason, to re-sell it on ebay for a profit ( including me 2 weeks later when I experinced the wii )  I have a friend that has already sold 10 of them on Ebay, and he is still making a profit, cause people can't find them in stores cause Ebay'ers are grabbing them up to sell them for a profit.

To sum it up its doesn't mean squat as to who is standing in line for it, cause they could be keeping it for themselves, buying it for a friend, selling it, just cause they are there does not mean that they are the one's representing the person that will use it and be the final owner.

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"]My 19 year old friend stood in line for the console on its release date. The youngest person standing there was my friend (there were 10 other people there).Kev_Unreal

Where I lived there was over 200 people in line for the Wii at launch date and I too was the youngest person standing.:( most people were in their late 20's or early 30's.

yeah but honestly, how many 6 year olds would go to a midnight launch... Besides the nintendo 64 kid.
ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
"Silly gamer, Wiis are for kids"
draak3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 draak3000
Member since 2006 • 509 Posts
Who gives a f*** whether the games are for kids or not.  The games still SUCK.  Sorry but its the truth.  I would have got a Wii by now if there was anything decent on the damn console.  And I'm NOT buying the Wii for zelda only.
Avatar image for Demonic_Eyes133
Demonic_Eyes133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Demonic_Eyes133
Member since 2006 • 285 Posts
GC was pretty kiddy, but the wii isnt, it just appeals to alot of demographics. And Disaster: Day Of Crisis, No More Heroes, Project Hammer, MP3 all look alright for mature folk.
JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JustAGamer01

[QUOTE="JustAGamer01"]This a remark many haters say, "ummm yea wii is for the kiddies and so is nintendo!!".... yea whatever, im 19 all my friends that own a wii are 18 and up. so the question begs to ask is ninty gamers who grew up on nintendo in the late 80's and early 90's be kiddy? If anything  that would be cows and lemmings who are mainly preteens. Nintendogamer=old gamer........silly cows sony is for kids...shaggymcp

umm how about no.

How about yes.. just cause u moved on doesnt everyone else has. im not 19 i still love nintendo, im i a kid? no huh so ur 24 grew up on nintendo meaning were from around the same generation smart guy.....

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
 Nintendo-Wii

Ah, youth. Such vigor, such life! I'd give anything to be that young again...

Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kev_Unreal

GC was pretty kiddy, but the wii isnt, it just appeals to alot of demographics. And Disaster: Day Of Crisis, No More Heroes, Project Hammer, MP3 all look alright for mature folk.
Demonic_Eyes133

I'm mature and I play Mario.:)

JustAGamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JustAGamer01

Demonic_Eyes133

I see what ur saying but i aint talkin about games per-say more about the demographic in general....

The_Rayzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Rayzor
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts
BTW on the topic on Wii games for kids, which games for the Wii are actually rated M?
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts
all the kids games have flopped on wii
Avatar image for Demonic_Eyes133
Demonic_Eyes133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Demonic_Eyes133
Member since 2006 • 285 Posts
BTW on the topic on Wii games for kids, which games for the Wii are actually rated M?The_Rayzor

Theres The GodFather: Blackhand Edition & Manhunt 2,  and for now thats all i think.
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
well alot of casuals think of the Wii is the youth consolepoopinloop32
Most casuals thought of VGs as that. It doesn't just imply to the Wii. The evidence is shown to the constant badgering the industry gets when games like GTA get into kids hands. Funny how 'Personal Responsibility' becomes a non-factor in such situations.
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
BTW on the topic on Wii games for kids, which games for the Wii are actually rated M?The_Rayzor

Out of the released and announced games? Well, there's FarCry Vengeance, Scarface, the Godfather Blackhand Edition, and Manhunt 2...

Games like Sadness and No More Heroes look like they will receive M ratings aswell.

RKFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RKFS
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts
Who gives a f*** whether the games are for kids or not. The games still SUCK. Sorry but its the truth. I would have got a Wii by now if there was anything decent on the damn console. And I'm NOT buying the Wii for zelda only.draak3000
SUCK=Opinion and there's plenty of "decent" (7.0+) games on the Wii (but that doesn't necessary mean they are your taste).
fartgorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fartgorilla
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
Kids seem to like it. So do I, and I'm definitely not a kid. So I wouldn't say that it's "for" kids...it's for everybody.
kauliaris711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kauliaris711
Member since 2006 • 161 Posts
well i`m 18 and i have a wii...wii is designed for everyone...
Sinheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sinheart
Member since 2003 • 1705 Posts
yeah i'm 23 and i enjoy wii... so I don't think it's only for kids. It's for kids and everyone who isn't a kid. the wii is being marketed towards all ages and both genders. it sure felt like the gamecube was marketed towards kids though.
JamesHirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JamesHirst
Member since 2006 • 1122 Posts
Who gives a f*** whether the games are for kids or not. The games still SUCK. Sorry but its the truth. I would have got a Wii by now if there was anything decent on the damn console. And I'm NOT buying the Wii for zelda only.draak3000

That's your opinion friend. I think a lot of the games are great and not just zelda.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
so your gonna buy the PS3 just for Resistance?
GandolfoCorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GandolfoCorp
Member since 2004 • 403 Posts
Well, if the Wii has the stigma of being 'kiddy' its likely that the kids who supposedly play this console are likely to pick up and xbox360 or playstation2/3 instead because they want to appear more grown up. Kids like to emulate their elders (especially elder peers) and if they think that they play xbox, they are likely to emulate that. Just reminds me of when i was a lil' un and there were always those who would boast about seeing something like 'Terminator 2' or 'Aliens' claiming how grown up that made them, I'm pretty sure it'll be the same nowerdays with kids boasting about their ownership of Gears of War or GTA.
Tassadar27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tassadar27
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Rayzor"]BTW on the topic on Wii games for kids, which games for the Wii are actually rated M?Demonic_Eyes133

Theres The GodFather: Blackhand Edition & Manhunt 2, and for now thats all i think.

also mortal kombat is coming out soon
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts
[QUOTE="shaggymcp"]

[QUOTE="JustAGamer01"]This a remark many haters say, "ummm yea wii is for the kiddies and so is nintendo!!".... yea whatever, im 19 all my friends that own a wii are 18 and up. so the question begs to ask is ninty gamers who grew up on nintendo in the late 80's and early 90's be kiddy? If anything  that would be cows and lemmings who are mainly preteens. Nintendogamer=old gamer........silly cows sony is for kids...JustAGamer01

umm how about no.

How about yes.. just cause u moved on doesnt everyone else has. im not 19 i still love nintendo, im i a kid? no huh so ur 24 grew up on nintendo meaning were from around the same generation smart guy.....

dude, you said that non-nintendo gamers are kiddie "Nintendogamer=old gamer" give me a break, and he just disagreed with you, as have i, stop with the fanboyism
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts
Just because it has a variety of games, even reaching out to "kids" doeesn't make it kiddy. Look at all of those weird PC games >.>.