wii is dead and you know it

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
the wii is dead sweet jesus, i mean nothing for '09. Nothing of value lost. i mean ps3 and 360 getting big games. while wii gets shovelware. Nintendo sacraficed quality for the power of a '03 gaming pc. I was waiting for some games to get one. all i got is Brawl and NMH series. i freaking loved the gamecube,for it's time it was the most powerful system out,it jes lacked disc space. nothing of value is lost it's the true xbox sequel jes popular to the casual crowd. Casuals are the cancer killing wii
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
If it was dead it wouldn't still be selling out regularily.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
No there's a lot going to the Wii. Just not a lot that many hardcore fans can look forward to.
kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Link

Yup its dead, nothing going on at all, also its not like the next Zelda and Mario are in the works.... oh wait.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Nah, it's living through sales. While the games are so far below average it's sad, it's far from dead in terms of sales of hardware. The sales alone are enough to guarantee us more shovelware and a AAA Nintendo title every 1 or 2 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
madworld, house of the dead, and little kings story say hi
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

When it comes down to sales the Wii is alive. When it comes to games, it's a different story.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
:lol: Joke thread? Please tell me this is a joke..
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
the wii is dead sweet jesus, i mean nothing for '09.Hitamaru-homia
it has better exclusives coming out in 09 than the PS3 and the 360 a are you some kind of non gamer who doesnt know much about games?
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17807 Posts
just had a quick look at the release schedule in europe for the next few months (on eurogamer.net) on all platforms. yet again its the wii and PC leading the charge for me. about 4-5 games im looking forward too on PC in q1 and about 2-3 wii games. 0 360 and 0 PS3 at the moment (there are a few nice games coming to them..but there also going to PC and PC takes priority for me). my zombie wii is doing a fine job.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zaku101

madworld, house of the dead, and little kings story say hitoast_burner

Why aren't these games just made for the GC? Many of them don't even reach GC level.

Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

Link

Yup its dead, nothing going on at all, also its not like the next Zelda and Mario are in the works.... oh wait.

kejigoto
I digg the sig. But IMO Wii hardware is garb.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zaku101

[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]the wii is dead sweet jesus, i mean nothing for '09.MarloStanfield
it has better exclusives coming out in 09 than the PS3 and the 360 a are you some kind of non gamer who doesnt know much about games?

RE5 by itself makes the whole Wii 09 lineup look like nothing. It may not be an exclusive, but who cares?

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kejigoto

[QUOTE="MarloStanfield"][QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]the wii is dead sweet jesus, i mean nothing for '09.zaku101

RE5 by itself makes the whole Wii 09 lineup look like nothing. It may not be an exclusive, but who cares?

Its also not true to previous Resident Evil titles and is pretty much becoming just another shooter. IMO just get back to real zombies and make it scary again, not a run and gun game. Also I'm sure Metal Gear Solid IV proved one great game doesn't trounce everything else that comes out.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
[QUOTE="Hitamaru-homia"]the wii is dead sweet jesus, i mean nothing for '09.MarloStanfield

Agree with this statement 100%. If the tc wanted to make that argument he should have dont it about six months ago during the awful drought.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]madworld, house of the dead, and little kings story say hizaku101

Why aren't these games just made for the GC? Many of them don't even reach GC level.

i dont see house of the dead on the game cube

infact i dont see any thing going on the game cube since it is dead

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Link

kejigoto

That's easy to say, I'm still waiting for a damn screenshot or trailer to show us that they're actually working on it. nothing in 2008 about the next Zelda is simply pathetic...

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zaku101
[QUOTE="zaku101"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]madworld, house of the dead, and little kings story say hitoast_burner

My real question was why were these games even made on the Wii? The GC could easily run them.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="zaku101"]

zaku101

My real question was why were these games even made on the Wii? The GC could easily run them.

Because the Wii is the successor to the GameCube, it also has a different demographic and a wider userbase than the GameCube did.
kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kejigoto
[QUOTE="kejigoto"]

Link

lebanese_boy

That's easy to say, I'm still waiting for a damn screenshot or trailer to show us that they're actually working on it. nothing in 2008 about the next Zelda is simply pathetic...

It was confirmed that it is indeed being worked on and I'm sure from past experiences its easy to say that Nintendo will come out of no where with plenty to show off on both Mario and Zelda. I'll give Nintendo credit for not showing off a CGI trailer and then 4 years later finally making good on it and delivering a game. Nintendo will show them off and start rolling screenshots, trailers, and getting the hype trains moving. The second half of 2008 was lack luster, but 2009 is already shaping up to be a great year, and the year just got started.

Also in case you failed to notice, there's plenty of other games out there beyond the next Zelda title.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarloStanfield

zaku101

nah RE5 looks more and more like RE4.5 every time I see it. I'm not convinced that they'll be able to pull it off without Mikami

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zaku101
[QUOTE="zaku101"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]i dont see house of the dead on the game cube

Haziqonfire

Because the Wii is the successor to the GameCube, it also has a different demographic and a wider userbase than the GameCube did.

The question is still (why). Why make a system $250 when 80%-90% of the titles don't even reach GC level? The titles that actually make use of the remote are sadly shove aware and family games. Many of the titles actually also play better with out it Brawl/Mario Kart. The answer is simply $$$$$, not the gamers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

zaku101

1 the game cube is dead

2 motion control

3 why am i repeating my self

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="zaku101"]

zaku101

The question is still (why). Why make a system $250 when 80%-90% of the titles don't even reach GC level? The titles that actually make use of the remote are sadly shove aware and family games. Many of the titles actually also play better with out it Brawl/Mario Kart. The answer is simply $$$$$, not the gamers.

Wii = cheap development cost + ability to make profit. Developers know the Wii audience don't care a lot about visuals, thus why spend more time trying to create high quality visuals if you don't have to?
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zaku101
[QUOTE="zaku101"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] Because the Wii is the successor to the GameCube, it also has a different demographic and a wider userbase than the GameCube did.Haziqonfire

Wii = cheap development cost + ability to make profit. Developers know the Wii audience don't care a lot about visuals, thus why spend more time trying to create high quality visuals if you don't have to?

I am sorry; I seem to be looking at it in the gamer's point of view rather than the business man. I see the point you're trying to make in a business statement, but as a gamer I am still left with the WHY question.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

zaku101

I am sorry; I seem to be looking at it in the gamer's point of view rather than the business man. I see the point you're trying to make in a business statement, but as a gamer I am still left with the WHY question.

why what?
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17807 Posts
[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="zaku101"]

zaku101

well house of the dead is obhious. who in their right mind would play an on rails shooter with a standard controller? the amount of dumbing down and aim assist that would need to be added to the game to make it playable would be so bad that it would actually be patronising to the player with a standard controller. who in their right mind would make that game for anything other than the wii or maybe PC? im not too sure what kings story is like but im guessing its goign to be a case of using the pointer alot to move around and select stuff. anyone who has played a hack and slash RPG (like diablo) with a mouse will have a very good idea how relaxing and natural that is. im thinking endless ocean kind of setup in terms of controls which was an absolute pleasure to play. madworld...i dont really know. wait and see. not everythign is about the graphics and maxing out the internal hardware....especially on wii (though from what ive seen of house of the dead..it looks like the GC would have alot of trouble running those graphics).

centruroides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 centruroides
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts

i have to agree

ive been a nintendo follower since NES, even hand held systems, the gamecube was the system with more games i ever had

but no...no no no!, just cant help it, but dontlike and never liked the wii, so few games are "good"; i mean come on!, Smash brothers still on the top?, ya sure...is good game, and maybe the best that wii can offer, but, it came out sooo looooong ago, obviusly cuz no other game has come to remove it, even good games on PS3 and 360 like GTA4 and MGS4 are eventually aparently "degraded"

good if u enjoy ur wii, seriously, but personally, ill never get one

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
The Wii is far from dead, in both sales and games. "Dead" is something that has nothing, but the Wii has quite a good 2009 line-up. People just need to realise that the Wi is not made for stunning visuals, but for developers to make games which allows them to be more creative, make games that they wouldn't make on other systems due to financial viability or the target market not being there. The Wii has expanded the market of games, bringing more people to love our hobby of games. Sure, they play different games, but many of us here started off with different types of games than what we play now, did we not?
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

zaku101

What makes the PS3 worth $400 when the PS2 has 80-90% more, much better, games on it? Faulty numbers lead to faulty arguements.
runbleduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 runbleduck
Member since 2008 • 578 Posts
Ofcourse it's dead. We known it all along that it's going to crash and burn once the fad is over -- i.e a sinking ship. Even Nintendo admits to this. Otherwise why else aren't they making anymore games for it? Because they know the system will be dead once the games are finished.
Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cole-Protocal
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts

Replace the "Wii" with "ps3" and now were geting somewhere.

The WIi is #1 in a little place we call the REAL WORLD.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

wii should be dead and nintendo should bring out a better next gen console.

Imagine crysis with mario. lol

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
The Wii has a much bigger line up for 09 than the PS3 or 360. In fact, it's first quarter of 09 is better.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#35 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
it sold like hotcakes this holiday season, and i know that's not just where i live. i work in retail, the things were going like mad. it's a sad direction to see nintendo go, i hope that ms and sony don't go ultra-casual.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Quality Exclusives 7+ from Metacritic. Wii: 72/331 = 21.75% Xbox 360: 69/538 = 12.82% PS3: 45/269 = 16.72 % Disclaimer: I used Exclusives because they are used to define a console. I used Downloadable games for all consoles. There were no such things as "Console exclusives". These numbers may be off by 1-3 games, please go through all those games if you want to check :| These are console lifetime, not just 2008, games. BTW, Exclusive = if it is on any other system, be it PC, handheld or console from this generation, it is not exclusive. So, as you can see, Wii has great games and great sales. /Thread
DragonxanderPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 DragonxanderPR
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

Casuals are the cancer killing wii Hitamaru-homia

Haven't you thought that many of those casuals that begun with the Wii on the 7th generation will join the gamers' (including so-called hardcores & true hardcores) market in the 8th or 9th generation? If the Wii already has sold about 32,000,000 consoles (about as twice as the average between PS3's & 360's sales), mostly outside Sony's & Microsoft's market share; then Nintendo has a secure market for itself. Maybe the Wii is dead in terms of a traditional hardcore gamer or on the terms of a "big kid games player" (ESRB's equivalent for 'T' & 'M' games), but for overall gamers (including the non-gamers Nintendo is aiming for), the Wii is quite alive. You must also remember that Nintendo keeps the great stuff for secret untill it is almost on the market.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Machines don't breathe.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
It's not dead.....It's just been in a coma since April.
tek91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tek91
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts
wiis doing alright it has an awesome 09 lineup like the conduit and mad world and Punchout the lineup is way better than the 360 and the machine is more reliable.
Razmitaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Razmitaz
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts
The Wii's doing just fine. 2009 looks like a kick-ass year for the Wii.
malkiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 malkiko
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts

Thank you moderator for removing the offensive post calling "casual" gamers "cancer." There is no need to engage in disparaging gamers who do not share one's tastes.

Just like Jesus is considered "dead" by those who refuses to believe in him, so it can also be said about the Wii by those who are not the targeted audience. Like Jesus, the Wii lives. :)

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Yeah the console that holds 50% marketshare while selling the most software is dead. Mavericks :lol:
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
The Wii isn't dead. As long as it's outselling the other consoles, it is alive and well.
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MarloStanfield
The Wii isn't dead. As long as it's outselling the other consoles, it is alive and well.Silverbond
Even in terms of games the Wii dominates the XBox, Gamecube and N64 combined. It's not as good as the PS3 or 360 but it's still not a disaster like those other systems I mentioned hell the games next year are amazing. Any gamer is going to have to pick one up by the end of this gen
Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
the Wii is the greatest console ever so far
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

All a matter of opinion, and mine is that the PS3/360 has a major exclusive edge over the Wii in '09. Nintendo and it's 3rd part devs really need to step things up soon.
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
If it was dead it wouldn't still be selling out regularily.gamer6464
LOL... but teh sales... :( the sales don't hide the fact that the wii hasn't had an excellent game since APRIL 2007, MKwii.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

Look at the next NPD report, then tell me its dead:lol:

And in terms of games, 2009 is looking great.

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
The Wii has always been dead to me. It's a collection of mini-games on an N64 with Motion Sensing.