wii internet channel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HappySunnGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HappySunnGuy
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
as we probably all know, the wiis internet channel launched recently. now this poll is ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHOVE USED THE FULL VERSION. do you like it? were you disssapointed? what are your thoughts on it?
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
Its great....but that was just an update, the real one is out in June I believe.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

I think it's pretty awsome watching Youtube videos on my TV. :D

But other than that, there's not  a lot I can think of doing that would be more effective on the Wii's internet thing though. Still a very good feature though.

HappySunnGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HappySunnGuy

Its great....but that was just an update, the real one is out in June I believe.Shadow_op

no no... thats just when the start charging wii points for it. 

NocturnalDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NocturnalDemon
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts

I would say it's pretty bad.  First off, due to the resolution of a standard tv, the webpages are huge which makes scrolling around them a pain.  Second, the control is bad.  It's difficult to move around and have accuracy.  You have to constantly zoom in and out to find something to click on or see anything.  Third, the hud is overly simplistic.  It's hard to do anything specific.  Fourth, it has no support for avi, wmv, nor mov files...meaning videos are out of the question.  Fifth, typing on it sucks and is slow.  Sixth, it's slow in every concievable way.  Seventh, it crashes easily.  Eighth, there are no windows to choose between.

Rating:  2 out of 10. 

I deleted it after a few days.  It wasn't even worth the space it was taking up on my internal memory. 

datret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 datret
Member since 2005 • 7789 Posts

I wish it had windows media player so I could play with two wiis.  :|

Seriously, that pisses me off, but its good for just surfing.

HappySunnGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HappySunnGuy

I would say it's pretty bad. First off, due to the resolution of a standard tv, the webpages are huge which makes scrolling around them a pain. Second, the control is bad. It's difficult to move around and have accuracy. You have to constantly zoom in and out to find something to click on or see anything. Third, the hud is overly simplistic. It's hard to do anything specific. Fourth, it has no support for avi, wmv, nor mov files...meaning videos are out of the question. Fifth, typing on it sucks and is slow. Sixth, it's slow in every concievable way. Seventh, it crashes easily. Eighth, there are no windows to choose between.

Rating: 2 out of 10.

I deleted it after a few days. It wasn't even worth the space it was taking up on my internal memory.

NocturnalDemon

you were obviously using the trial version. the full version fixes all those problems except the resolution, and the videos. also, theres no way they can use wmp, as its owned by MICROSOFT.

for the windows thing, you need wiiminder, and the tying takes getting used to. but go to tv-links.co.uk, cause its content works great on wii, me and my friend watched waterboy on it the other day. (a lot of the content on the site doesnt work very well though, even on a computer)

NocturnalDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NocturnalDemon
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
[QUOTE="NocturnalDemon"]

I would say it's pretty bad. First off, due to the resolution of a standard tv, the webpages are huge which makes scrolling around them a pain. Second, the control is bad. It's difficult to move around and have accuracy. You have to constantly zoom in and out to find something to click on or see anything. Third, the hud is overly simplistic. It's hard to do anything specific. Fourth, it has no support for avi, wmv, nor mov files...meaning videos are out of the question. Fifth, typing on it sucks and is slow. Sixth, it's slow in every concievable way. Seventh, it crashes easily. Eighth, there are no windows to choose between.

I deleted it after a few days. It wasn't even worth the space it was taking up on my internal memory.

HappySunnGuy

you were obviously using the trial version. the full version fixes all those problems except the resolution, and the videos. also, theres no way they can use wmp, as its owned by MICROSOFT.

No, it was the full version.  I never tried the trial.  It's better than nothing, but I guess PC internet surfing has spoiled me :twisted: 

HappySunnGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HappySunnGuy
[QUOTE="HappySunnGuy"][QUOTE="NocturnalDemon"]

NocturnalDemon

No, it was the full version. I never tried the trial. It's better than nothing, but I guess PC internet surfing has spoiled me :twisted:

you gotta read the rest of my post (i pressed submit by accident while changing windows)Â