Wii Has Nothing on this

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

The fact of the matter is, exclusives are great, but they are adding on to the multiplatform games. While Wii has a quality first party lineup, it lacks any of the multiplatform games found on PS3 and 360 that make them great. It needs to play catchup just because of that.

Here are just some recent multiplatform games found on 360 and PS3, but not Wii (Besides Skate games, all are 8.0 or over)

Red Dead: Redemption

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed 2

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Vanquish

NHL 10

NHL 11

Dead Rising 2

Mafia 2

Fallout 3

Fallout: New Vegas

The Orange Box

Blur

Skate

Skate 2

Skate 3

Grand Theft Auto 4

Final fantasy 13

Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light

Def Jam: Icon

Devil May Cry 4

Virtual Fighter 5

Saints Row 2

Darksiders

Prince of persia

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Burnout: Paradise

Braid

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

Dead Space

Dragon Age: Origins

Prototype

Red Faction: Guerrila

Resonance of Fate

Borderlands

Fight Night Round 3

Fight Night Round 4

Bayonetta

Singularity

Battlefield 1943

Batman: Arkam Asylum

Super Street Fighter 4

Unreal Tournament 3

The Darkness

Eternal Sonata

Ninja Gaiden 2/Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

GRAW 2

Brutal Legend

Soulcaliber 4

... And so many more

*Note: Spoiler Tags not working for me for some reason, working on fixing that.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

I have a Wii and have a 360 as secondary console.

nowt to worry about. Matters which games you like.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Course. Some will agree with common sense, others will say "teh exclusives only|!!!!" :P
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Thanks for that, I just had a laugh...

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[-spoiler]

data

data

data

[/spoiler-]

is how it should look when you use spoiler tags. (minus the minus symbols)

[spoiler] test, to make sure I've got it right too:P [/spoiler]

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
You but some really crappy games on that list.... Soul Caliber really? NHL? That's on Wii too. Also, WTF multiplats VS Wii? Ok, PS3 and 360 can't play the highest rated game this generation.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Cool. Never knew that before.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
You're right. My high end gaming PC and my Nintendo DS don't share multiplats either.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Hmm my answer is a mixture. Yes, but I like my wii. I bought it for first party games and thats what I am getting. I have my PS3 for any multiplates that are not on PC, and more importantly exclusives.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lx_theo

You but some really crappy games on that list.... Soul Caliber really? NHL? That's on Wii too. Also, WTF multiplats VS Wii? Ok, PS3 and 360 can't play the highest rated game this generation.Fightingfan
NHL 10 and are not on Wii

Soulcaliber 4, according gamespot, isn't on Wii

Every game on here but the Skate games got 8.0 or higher

And I tried the spoiler tag thing (before and after seeing the post a few posts above). Still not working. Keeps saying its not formatted well.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Most of the Wii owners bought their system for all the 10+ year old Nintendo franchises they grew up with, so no, I don't think it suffers from the lack of quality 3rd party / multiplatform titles :S

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Yeah, the Wii doesn't have the same Power as the 360 and PS3 so it can't get those games but it's a shame.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

obviously, its a shame that SW is so concentrated on exclusives.

But i must also say that i wouldnt mind just owning a wii, imo the exclusives are really worth it.

However its commons sense that as long you dont own all consoles, you are going to miss out on some great games.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Great games that certainly add to a library. wouldn't go as far as to say has nothing on that list though it certainly does contain outstanding quality.

Edit: Actually on second thought, on that list alone I think the Wii can equal it. there are lots of other PS3/360/PC multiplats you could add to make a strong list even stronger though.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

when you have all systems i dont think this applies. i would bet that most people that post here have a wii and another console as well

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

when you have all systems i dont think this applies. i would bet that most people that post here have a wii and another console as well

Mario1331

Exactly. You dont need to own ONE console. I own everything (Wii, PC, PS3) but a 360.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

This is the wii's downfall. The lack of multiplats is what makes it inferior to everything else. And the fact that its exclusives aren't as good as the other systems.(I better say in my opinion.)

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lx_theo

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

NaveedLife

Exactly. You dont need to own ONE console. I own everything (Wii, PC, PS3) but a 360.

Same here (own PS3, Wii, PC), but this is more of an argument directed to those who seem to act like the Wii is sufficiently comparable by itself.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
The darkness? Brutal legend? Singularity? SC4? i'm sorry but ALOT of those titles just aren't that strong. You still do have a point though.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lx_theo
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]The darkness? Brutal legend? Singularity? SC4? i'm sorry but ALOT of those titles just aren't that strong. You still do have a point though.

Like I said, 8.0 or over on Gamespot.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

This is the wii's downfall. The lack of multiplats is what makes it inferior to everything else. And the fact that its exclusives aren't as good as the other systems.(I better say in my opinion.)

15strong

and to change that all nintendo got to do is go hd which seems like a given for next generation

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Same here (own PS3, Wii, PC), but this is more of an argument directed to those who seem to act like the Wii is sufficiently comparable by itself.

While it is. You only add one part of the argument and never mebtion the Wii games which are exclusive and multi-plat. I'd be happy with just a Wii this gen more so than with a PS3/360 as i prefer the games on it in general. Its all down to peoples choice in games.
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 15strong

The darkness? Brutal legend? Singularity? SC4? i'm sorry but ALOT of those titles just aren't that strong. You still do have a point though.nintendo-4life

But some of the so called "high quality" games for wii that some how make it on to end of the year bragging lists don't even compete with those. Game like sonic colors, wii party, and endless ocean are used as ownage. A lot of the multiplat titles might not be the strongest, but they are still on a level above many wii games.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]The darkness? Brutal legend? Singularity? SC4? i'm sorry but ALOT of those titles just aren't that strong. You still do have a point though.15strong

But some of the so called "high quality" games for wii that some how make it on to end of the year bragging lists don't even compete with those. Game like sonic colors, wii party, and endless ocean are used as ownage. A lot of the multiplat titles might not be the strongest, but they are still on a level above many wii games.

Not by the scores indicated. Because its on the Wii doesnt means its handicapped and will not score as highly or be as well received by gamers as a game on the 360/PS3. A good game is a good game whatever console it is on and because its on the Wii doesnt mean a game cannot be a pleasurable as something on 360/PS3. Wii party is a party / mini game collection which means for the standards in that genre it scores whatever it did and should not be compared to something which is in the FPS, Platform Genre. Sonic Colors is a platformer and is compared to other platformers so it deserved its scores in comparison to other platformers. The only standards which change is between genres.

What you just said is utter rubbish.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]The darkness? Brutal legend? Singularity? SC4? i'm sorry but ALOT of those titles just aren't that strong. You still do have a point though.15strong

Naw, one thing I find about that list is that it covers a lot of the same fanbase well but its about only good at that. Titles like Endless Ocean, Wii Party and Sonic Colours cover a wider range of people than like 3 quarters of that list and I personally think that's important.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 15strong

[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]The darkness? Brutal legend? Singularity? SC4? i'm sorry but ALOT of those titles just aren't that strong. You still do have a point though.Dibdibdobdobo

Not by the scores indicated. Because its on the Wii doesnt means its handicapped and will not score as highly or be as well received by gamers as a game on the 360/PS3. What you just said is utter rubbish.

Utter rubbish, Let me quickly explain what the wii has been putting out recently. Nintendo tried to revive lof franchises. New suepr mario Bros Wii, Metriod Other M, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Goldeneye. Ok games but I might as well start up my old NES. The whole "who has the best games" argument done every year is getting old with the wii. Sheep piggy back off of games Capcom vs. tatsunoko, acting like street fighter 4 and marvel vs capcom don't exist. You are honestly telling me that games like the ones i mentioned in my previous post are better than games like AC:B, Mafia 2, Just casue 2, and bioshock 2. Because all of these are AA, the same as sonic colors, wii party, and endless ocean.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#27 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
I chose the fourth option just for the lulz. Back on topic, I don't think that's a problem for the Wii, it has good exclusives. Anyways, most gamers use the Wii for secondary console.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="15strong"]

15strong

Not by the scores indicated. Because its on the Wii doesnt means its handicapped and will not score as highly or be as well received by gamers as a game on the 360/PS3. What you just said is utter rubbish.

Utter rubbish, Let me quickly explain what the wii has been putting out recently. Nintendo tried to revive lof franchises. New suepr mario Bros Wii, Metriod Other M, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Goldeneye. Ok games but I might as well start up my old NES. The whole "who has the best games" argument done every year is getting old with the wii. Sheep piggy back off of games Capcom vs. tatsunoko, acting like street fighter 4 and marvel vs capcom don't exist. You are honestly telling me that games like the ones i mentioned in my previous post are better than games like AC:B, Mafia 2, Just casue 2, and bioshock 2. Because all of these are AA, the same as sonic colors, wii party, and endless ocean.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom actually and the game kicks ass. Street Fighter 4 is better but its about the only other fighter I played this gen that really gripped me. Also MvC3 isn't out so no duh its being ignored (I personally am mega excited though no baroque is making me rage). And I would n't say those games are better than the one's you mentioned but they are certainly in the same vicinity.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dibdibdobdobo

15strong

Donkey Kong is a better Platformer than all the games which you mentioned. Bioshock is not a platformer. AC : brotherhood is not a platformer. Mafia 2 isnt a platformer, just cause 2 isnt a platformer. Compare games and the scoresin the same genre rather than the scores.

Bioshock can be compared to the metroid trilogy.

Tats Vs Cap can be compared Street Fighter.

Goldeneye can be compared to Black Ops.

These are games in the same genre...

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 15strong

Tatsunoko vs Capcom actually and the game kicks ass. Street Fighter 4 is better but its about the only other fighter I played this gen that really gripped me. Also MvC3 isn't out so no duh its being ignored (I personally am mega excited though no baroque is making me rage). And I would n't say those games are better than the one's you mentioned but they are certainly in the same vicinity.

not even close to in the same vicinity. I guess it just depends on taste.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

You but some really crappy games on that list.... Soul Caliber really? NHL? That's on Wii too. Also, WTF multiplats VS Wii? Ok, PS3 and 360 can't play the highest rated game this generation.Fightingfan
PS3 and 360 can't play GTA 4? :?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ActicEdge

15strong

If it depends on taste why did you even insinuate that it didn't in the first place?

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]You but some really crappy games on that list.... Soul Caliber really? NHL? That's on Wii too. Also, WTF multiplats VS Wii? Ok, PS3 and 360 can't play the highest rated game this generation.Grawse

PS3 and 360 can't play GTA 4? :?

Sure he meant SMG. Dumb question but why do several people say SMG and some say GTA4?
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 15strong

[QUOTE="15strong"]

ActicEdge

If it depends on taste why did you even insinuate that it didn't in the first place?

Some good old debating. But really, I think ps3 has better exclusives.

08ovie08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 08ovie08
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts

Sure he meant SMG. Dumb question but why do several people say SMG and some say GTA4? Dibdibdobdobo

SMG2 is higher rated on gamerankings and GTA4 is higher rated on metacritic...

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="15strong"]

You cannot compare games of the same genre let alone compare games between consoles.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]The darkness? Brutal legend? Singularity? SC4? i'm sorry but ALOT of those titles just aren't that strong. You still do have a point though.

Like I said, 8.0 or over on Gamespot.

DAMN IT I should have read more carefully. But yes, again you do make a valid point and it is exactly Wii's problem.
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 15strong

[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Dibdibdobdobo

You cannot compare games of the same genre let alone compare games between consoles.

Sure we can.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="15strong"]

Sure we can.

No. I was specfically on about you. You had trouble with comparing games of same genre so its safe to assume you will have the same trouble with between consoles.
08ovie08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 08ovie08
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts

15strong

Sure we can.

Dance Central > GT5

Here you go...

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="15strong"]

15strong

I feel differently, obviously we must agree to disagree.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Half-Way

15strong

wow someone has an opinion :P

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"] Not by the scores indicated. Because its on the Wii doesnt means its handicapped and will not score as highly or be as well received by gamers as a game on the 360/PS3. What you just said is utter rubbish.Half-Way

A terrible one at that as he needs to compare games of differant genres rather the same game of the genre against a game of the same genre.

Off topic Actic.

How are you finding Monster Hunter Tri?! I've finished offline but stuck on HR30 and its annoying as hell.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
I own a Wii, but it will always be second to my PC. Next to no worthwhile (imo) games come out for it.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I have a Wii, PC, DSi, and PS3. I won't miss out on all those multiplats.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ActicEdge

I have a Wii, PC, DSi, and PS3. I won't miss out on all those multiplats.

Nintendo_Ownes7

I'll miss a decent chunk but i'll get to quite a bit of it with a low end PC and a Wii.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

The fact of the matter is, exclusives are great, but they are adding on to the multiplatform games. While Wii has a quality first party lineup, it lacks any of the multiplatform games found on PS3 and 360 that make them great. It needs to play catchup just because of that.

Here are just some recent multiplatform games found on 360 and PS3, but not Wii (Besides Skate games, all are 8.0 or over)

Red Dead: Redemption

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed 2

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Vanquish

NHL 10

NHL 11

Dead Rising 2

Mafia 2

Fallout 3

Fallout: New Vegas

The Orange Box

Blur

Skate

Skate 2

Skate 3

Grand Theft Auto 4

Final fantasy 13

Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light

Def Jam: Icon

Devil May Cry 4

Virtual Fighter 5

Saints Row 2

Darksiders

Prince of persia

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Burnout: Paradise

Braid

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

Dead Space

Dragon Age: Origins

Prototype

Red Faction: Guerrila

Resonance of Fate

Borderlands

Fight Night Round 3

Fight Night Round 4

Bayonetta

Singularity

Battlefield 1943

Batman: Arkam Asylum

Super Street Fighter 4

Unreal Tournament 3

The Darkness

Eternal Sonata

Ninja Gaiden 2/Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

GRAW 2

Brutal Legend

Soulcaliber 4

... And so many more

*Note: Spoiler Tags not working for me for some reason, working on fixing that.

lx_theo

Anything not bolded is crap.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Half-Way

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

[QUOTE="15strong"]

Dibdibdobdobo

A terrible one at that as he needs to compare games of differant genres rather the same game of the genre against a game of the same genre.

Off topic Actic.

How are you finding Monster Hunter Tri?! I've finished offline but stuck on HR30 and its annoying as hell.

everyone has a terrible opinion in my opinion :P