Wii Fit -- It is going to sell absolutely horribly in the U.S.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

"Oh noez! AvidGamer is acting like he has his crystal ball out again!" Come on guys. Think about it. The U.S. is full of lazy people like me who play games and hardly get any excercise. Playing most Wii games in general requires very little movement. And YOU KNOW FULL WELL that Wii Sports would have bombed badly in U.S. if it had been sold separately from the Wii.It was sold separately in Japan and sold well. But the Japanese knew the game would not sell well sold separately in the U.S.

Wii Fit will sell amazingly well in Japan and be a huge hit. It will be a big bomb in the U.S. though. Everyone give me a "hell yes! AvidGamer knows what he is talking about!" :|

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I think it'll sell insanely well in the US. I'm 100% sure it's going to be a breakout hit in Australia.
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts
This will sell well in america i beileve all nintendo products will, just look people didnt think the ds or wii would be succesfull they were horribly wrong.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts
So let me get this straight the game will sell well in a country where everyone is in generally healthy but will flop in the most overweight country in the world?
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
I agree that alot of Americans are lazy, but it will sell. Cmon.. you're playing a game and losing weight. Thats a win/win situation right there
cyborgjak427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 cyborgjak427
Member since 2006 • 14046 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Wii Fit will sell well in the United States.
Overthrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Overthrow
Member since 2004 • 7025 Posts

This is my "Crystal Ball" and/or "Hypothetic Ball" speaking. If I was a lazy person (which I am), and really wanted to get in shape, I would probably want this game, because it looks more fun than real excercise. Working out is a chore. More people would do it if it was a past time.

Also, what are you basing that Wii Sports figure on? People in the U.S love Wii sports.

CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Wii gimmicks sell you know this, so why question?

JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts
although i have no interest in the game so far, i bet it will be a hit in america
TheJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 TheJustin
Member since 2006 • 2197 Posts
I agree that alot of Americans are lazy, but it will sell. Cmon.. you're playing a game and losing weight. Thats a win/win situation right thereasdasd

Not if the game is boring as ****. I personally find physical games (sports) to be funner than anything the Wii has pumped out.
r11011b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 r11011b
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts
I say it will sell well, but those who buy it won't use it half as much as they assume they will.
Avatar image for IronMaidenLives
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IronMaidenLives
Member since 2007 • 703 Posts
It depends on how many fat people want to lose weight.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

You're completely backwards in your reasoning. It will sell well here because Americans ARE fat and lazy. The excercise equipment industry is huge but that doesn't mean people use them. Wiifit will sell great to a bunch of fat housewives who think it'll help them but then will never use it.

It's pretty worthless anyways. Combined with Eyetoy and a Wiimote you could make a ridiculously awesome game though.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AvIdGaMeR444

This is my "Crystal Ball" and/or "Hypothetic Ball" speaking. If I was a lazy person (which I am), and really wanted to get in shape, I would probably want this game, because it looks more fun than real excercise. Working out is a chore. More people would do it if it was a past time.

Also, what are you basing that Wii Sports figure on? People in the U.S love Wii sports.

Overthrow

I like Wii Sports as well. But I really don't think it would sell well at all if it were sold separately from Wii. And obviously, Japanese publishers at Nintendo thought the exact same thing. Otherwise, why would they include the game with the system in the U.S. but not in Japan? Because they were SCARED it would bomb if sold separately.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Remember, this is a game that's supposed to cater to the casuals, which is what many Wii owners are.  Therefore, casuals will buy this game, and since there are a lot of casuals, it will sell well, especiallt in the US. I mean, my dad, who has never touched a video game in his life, just came up to me the other day and started talking about Wii fit out of the blue.  Don't ask me where he heard about it cuz I have no idea.   But if it already has his attention, then how many others have also heard about it?  The press in the US will gobble this up and talk about all the immersion and fun and family orientation and all that other crap about the Wii.  Everyone in the US will hear about Wii Fit.  Many of those "casuals" will hear about it. 
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Not everyone is lazy. I make it an effort to go out and excersize every now and then. Yeah, the U.S. may have a large share of lazy people, but honestly. I think it's gonna sell well. The reason the Wii is selling so well is because of the "get-up and play" tradition of it. Hell the media reports still from time to time about Wii Sports and Wii in general doing good for kids health, and believe me the media will have a frenzy on the Wii Fit when it comes. I almost feel it. (ok cliche on the last part, but I'm expecting it.)
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AvIdGaMeR444

You're completely backwards in your reasoning. It will sell well here because Americans ARE fat and lazy. The excercise equipment industry is huge but that doesn't mean people use them. Wiifit will sell great to a bunch of fat housewives who think it'll help them but then will never use it.

It's pretty worthless anyways. Combined with Eyetoy and a Wiimote you could make a ridiculously awesome game though.

Lazy_Boy88

Am I?No teenage boy will ever buy this game in the U.S. Sure, some soccer moms will, but that is it. And, yes...there are a fair amount of adults who play Wii....but not NEARLY as much as originally thought. Heck, even Nintendo basically admitted this. If you look at Nintendo's E3 with all those charts, the rise in gaming was basically a few percentage points for women and nothing more. And believe me...the ONLY PEOPLE who will buy this game in the U.S. will be adult women. I think even teenage girls who own a Wii will think this is a dumb game. So, Wii Fit only caters to a select group of people in the U.S. In Japan? Everyone will want this game...

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

Americans aren't overweight because of laziness, they are overweight because there is no time within their daily schedules to devote to an exercise regiment. Besides, who is to say that overweight means fat and unhealthy? Some people may be heavy but it doesn't show and are fit to boot. Hell, look at sumo wrestlers. I bet the majority of people in SW would die in the first day if they had to train like a true sumo for a week.

Anyways, Wii Fit will sell a ton of copies if Nintendo keeps up the soccer mom direction of their advertisement. If Nintendo is smart, they'll promote the game in schools as a new way for kids to get fit.

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

peopel that are lazy shop in gamestop. :|

and just like the wii selling so horribly? wiifit is going to sell well in U.S. Japan get use to it

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
please.....just stop posting:|
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wavebrid
[QUOTE="Lazy_Boy88"]

AvIdGaMeR444

Am I?No teenage boy will ever buy this game in the U.S. Sure, some soccer moms will, but that is it. And, yes...there are a fair amount of adults who play Wii....but not NEARLY as much as originally thought. Heck, even Nintendo basically admitted this. If you look at Nintendo's E3 with all those charts, the rise in gaming was basically a few percentage points for women and nothing more. And believe me...the ONLY PEOPLE who will buy this game in the U.S. will be adult women. I think even teenage girls who own a Wii will think this is a dumb game. So, Wii Fit only caters to a select group of people in the U.S. In Japan? Everyone will want this game...

Yea alright i can see teenagers buy it. nice try..

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AvIdGaMeR444

and just like the wii selling so horribly? wiifit is going to sell well in U.S. Japan get use to it

wavebrid

Yeah, because Yourself! Fitness was such a megahit on Xbox :lol:

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/982/1089903257.jpg

Nickman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nickman71
Member since 2003 • 1002 Posts
[QUOTE="Overthrow"]

AvIdGaMeR444

I like Wii Sports as well. But I really don't think it would sell well at all if it were sold separately from Wii. And obviously, Japanese publishers at Nintendo thought the exact same thing. Otherwise, why would they include the game with the system in the U.S. but not in Japan? Because they were SCARED it would bomb if sold separately.

Acutually your completly wrong. They packed in Wii Sports because Americans retailers said $200 was too cheap to sell a console and NOA caved and packed in a game so retailers could make larger profit margins.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#24 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
If ti was priced well, i don't see why it would sell horribly. Alot of casuals play wii sports, and wii fit is almost like its sequel (almost)
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wavebrid

Lazy_Boy88

Ok i want to see all americans that ARE FACT AND LAZEY...

ill wait..... i give you a year...

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

AvIdGaMeR444

... what dose this have to do anything were talking about wiifit NOT XBOX

and im serious people that are lazy go into gamestop. i know SINCE I WORK THERE :|

Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

AvIdGaMeR444

I own that game. It's actually pretty brilliant, and if you use it, it gives you a fantastic workout. I don't use it much anymore since I run cross country now, but if it had the same amount of following the Wii has it probably would have been a hit.

WiiFit will sell just because it has Wii in the name. I might actually buy it if the reviews are good, just because the games look like they have the chance of being pretty fun and I'm all for physical activity that is actually entertaining (I'm a DDR fan too).

Anyway, like someone else said, plenty of fat people in the U.S. will buy this and end up never using it, but it means sales will be great. With the media frenzy that is bound to surround the game, I'm sure it'll be a hit.
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

"Oh noez! AvidGamer is acting like he has his crystal ball out again!" Come on guys. Think about it. The U.S. is full of lazy people like me who play games and hardly get any excercise. Playing most Wii games in general requires very little movement. And YOU KNOW FULL WELL that Wii Sports would have bombed badly in U.S. if it had been sold separately from the Wii.It was sold separately in Japan and sold well. But the Japanese knew the game would not sell well sold separately in the U.S.

Wii Fit will sell amazingly well in Japan and be a huge hit. It will be a big bomb in the U.S. though. Everyone give me a "hell yes! AvidGamer knows what he is talking about!" :|

AvIdGaMeR444

As long as the game is actually fun to play then I think it will sell well everywhere. It has to be at least as entertaining as Wii Sports or Brain Training tho, and I think it probably will be, even though I was not that excited by the videos from E3 so far...

GrlGmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 GrlGmr
Member since 2003 • 4179 Posts
They said exactly the same thing about Nintendogs. "It's a hit in Japan, but it'll flop in NA. Just wait." Well, we all know how well that prediction turned out.
GenPDP7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 GenPDP7
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts
So, why is DDR so popular? :| Good one.
Avatar image for Smoke_ManMuscle
Smoke_ManMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Smoke_ManMuscle
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
It'll probably sell more here than any other territory. We're the biggest market for weight-loss plans and fad diets in the world.
gamespot813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamespot813
Member since 2006 • 1068 Posts
All the reason more people would want it -- because they are lazy and fat, the want to exercise. So this creates a new market.