Wii Builds your ARM !! big time ! ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiidominance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 wiidominance
Member since 2006 • 1499 Posts

Hello,

It is interesting to say that what most people disliked about the Wii is what I most liked about it, which is moving around a lot. I mean I noticed lately that I am not doing enough exercise, apart from walking, and I thought I need to do some more. However, since its freezing cold these days, outdoor sports might not be my cup of tea right now. Alternative? simply, Wii. Its true that the wii remote is sensitive enough so that you can play all games while you are laying on the couch and being lazy. But when I play games like Wii sports, at times, I will find myself standing up and swinging my arm as if it was the real thing, even though its not needed. But I think it is a good way to stay fit. Another example, when you play Wario ware smooth moves (which happens to be a brilliant game by the way) when you unlock all characters, there is one Prof. character in a yellow suit and you will basically play through the micro games and it will choose the ones which are more involving on purpose, and it will also calculate how many calories you're burning, so I thought that was a neat idea. Therefore, it might be a good way to lose weight. By the way, I am not overweight, I am in the 60-70 Kg range, in case you were wondering........ So yeah, the Wii Builds your Arm !! ....

PEACE^^

dumbstupid101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dumbstupid101
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts

not really....

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
You must be joking.  I play games to relax.  I lift weights to build my arms.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
Ya.. you could play wii for 8 hours a day and lose a pound a month.. Or you could go do real work for 20 minutes a day and get better results But whatever.
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts

It'd take you awhile to actually burn a decent amount of calories with that thing.

And no, it doesn't build your arm. 

Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts

You must be joking.  I play games to relax.  I lift weights to build my arms. ironwarrior2

Went to a friends house to try out wii-play..  ""great excercise"" Use remote right hand ... eat cheeseburger and chips the other... Evens it out... :D

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
I prefer my DDR pad.
thestergin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 thestergin
Member since 2005 • 324 Posts
Yeah, sure the more extrenuous games can help your stamina a bit, but 10 mins jogging is the same as about an hour and a half of playing, ABOUT!
PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts

Hello,

It is interesting to say that what most people disliked about the Wii is what I most liked about it, which is moving around a lot. I mean I noticed lately that I am not doing enough exercise, apart from walking, and I thought I need to do some more. However, since its freezing cold these days, outdoor sports might not be my cup of tea right now. Alternative? simply, Wii. Its true that the wii remote is sensitive enough so that you can play all games while you are laying on the couch and being lazy. But when I play games like Wii sports, at times, I will find myself standing up and swinging my arm as if it was the real thing, even though its not needed. But I think it is a good way to stay fit. Another example, when you play Wario ware smooth moves (which happens to be a brilliant game by the way) when you unlock all characters, there is one Prof. character in a yellow suit and you will basically play through the micro games and it will choose the ones which are more involving on purpose, and it will also calculate how many calories you're burning, so I thought that was a neat idea. Therefore, it might be a good way to lose weight. By the way, I am not overweight, I am in the 60-70 Kg range, in case you were wondering........ So yeah, the Wii Builds your Arm !! ....

PEACE^^

wiidominance
ps3 graphics makes your vision clearer
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
you must be weak if the wii builds your arm up
Yuri_Volte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yuri_Volte
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts
You must be joking. I play games to relax. I lift weights to build my arms. ironwarrior2
how much do you bench press? ( so we all can know that gamers aren couch potatos :P )
ralphikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ralphikari
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts
So you wanna wrestle? Oh wait 60-70kg you're not a girl are you? :|
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    I believe many many other sites have come up with this before, but it would also help to do such simple things as push-ups, sit-ups, and eating healthy to lose weight faster.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]You must be joking. I play games to relax. I lift weights to build my arms. Yuri_Volte
how much do you bench press? ( so we all can know that gamers aren couch potatos :P )

Last I was benching (week ago), I benched 215 lbs 3 times, but before I quit while I was getting my new life organized, I was up to 305lbs 2x.

Bloodfrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bloodfrost
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hello,

PEACE^^

wiidominance
POST PIC OF ARM
sPOON_f33dU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sPOON_f33dU
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
wow, if u get a workout by lifting the 1 lb controller, u must be a scrawny nerd
wiidominance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiidominance
So you wanna wrestle? Oh wait 60-70kg you're not a girl are you? :|ralphikari
nope, i am not, not really that weak, but my point is, If you don't really care about doing some work-out at all. something interesting like the Wii could motivate you a bit to do the real work-out. ie, jogging , push-ups ... whatever.. though I can see a good potential of an entire game dedicated for that kind of thing. and for those who doubt the Wii doesn't build your arm, play an FPS on Wii, and hole and lift the remote without resting it on your lap for a while, I think that ought to strengthen your arm a Wii bit.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpruceCaboose

wow, if u get a workout by lifting the 1 lb controller, u must be a scrawny nerdsPOON_f33dU

You can get a workout lifting a can of soup. For toning, its about light weights lifted many times. To gain muscle it is low reps with heavy weight. Any movement requires Calories, thus moving is working out (to some degree). And I can testify that getting into the Wii can get you moving quite well. :) 

wiidominance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiidominance
wow, if u get a workout by lifting the 1 lb controller, u must be a scrawny nerdsPOON_f33dU
I wasn't necessarily talking about lifting the controller up and down ?? ,,, i was talking about the different motions , swinging and moving your arm in different directions, that can't be bad for your arm, especially if you don't practice at all. and no, I am not a scrawny nerd. I thought this would apply to different people not only me, especially people who are overweight. Probably Older people as well ? I am just talking about the idea here & you don't have to relate everything to Mii, its about Wii... remember? ... :P
wiidominance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wiidominance
[QUOTE="wiidominance"]

Hello,

PEACE^^

PowerCharged
ps3 graphics makes your vision clearer

maybe ... but the Wii enhances your real-life aim and concentration .... ( basing this on my own knowledge)
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
it will only build up your arm if you never exercise and very little at that. the wii is fun but not a subsitiute for exercise. btter then the other consoles but still not a substitute
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
i played wii boxing for about 15 minutes recently and was drenched in about as much sweat as i am after a 20 minute run. maybe my house was hot though.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
*looks at my 50 lbs bumbells* lol....
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts
you can loose weight... though i can see what he menas by bulindg your arms up... i havent seen it done yet
fanboy-buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 fanboy-buster
Member since 2006 • 4594 Posts

IMO Wii Boxing (if you do it right) makes a decent workout.

By doing right I mean throwing whole punches, jumping, moving from side to side (I know this isnt necesary but it gets you more involved:))

But I prefer some real workout....since I have a gym subscription:P 

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Is this serious?

I hope people don't start thinking that Wii will build your arms. The only thing that does that is many reps with different weight excercises. 

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
Will I turn into Arnold swarchenegger if I play for hours a day??