Why's no one talking about Desperados 3?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

By the same awesome team that made the incredibly awesome Shadow Tactics.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Follow up to the awesome Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. Absolutely loved that game, so I have faith in Mimimi that they will do right by the Desperados franchise.

This along with Commandos 2 HD looks great, this genre seemed extinct just a few years back.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

Shadow Tactics was one of the best titles I've played this gen, yet barely peep.

Bullshit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

From the very little response to this thread (and follow by everywhere else) this game isn't on everyone's radar from what little I heard and even I'm not interest in this game myself. Besides Western games like RDR/2, Western games are a hit or a miss and the fact I seen very few gamers talk about Desperados 3, it's not generating hype.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k

@davillain- said:

From the very little response to this thread (and follow by everywhere else) this game isn't on everyone's radar from what little I heard and even I'm not interest in this game myself. Besides Western games like RDR/2, Western games are a hit or a miss and the fact I seen very few gamers talk about Desperados 3, it's not generating hype.

A lot of smaller games fly under the radar at E3. That's why you really gotta dig into articles yourself and not just get your news from the big outlets.

This game is like commandos, shadow tactics, but Desperados is a really solid franchise in that genre as well. The western setting is just a theme, and does not dictate its gameplay.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@davillain- said:

A lot of smaller games fly under the radar at E3. That's why you really gotta dig into articles yourself and not just get your news from the big outlets.

This game is like commandos, shadow tactics, but Desperados is a really solid franchise in that genre as well. The western setting is just a theme, and does not dictate its gameplay.

I did play Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun years ago but never Desperados series. I'll wait for the reviews before I can make a decision buying part 3.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

These games are so ****ing hard XD

I'm hype though. Count me in. But I might play it on Easy if there is an Easy mode.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Woooow I didn't even see this.

I'm already hyped! Love Desperados.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PC_Rocks

@davillain- said:

Yeah, just as I expected. Gamers have sh*t taste.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts
@davillain- said:

Which is a very odd statement as Westerns, particularly Sergio Leone created video game tropes before video games were a thing.They are an absolute perfect template for video games, but turned into a niche' outside of Rockstar or augmented elements for other genres like Metal Gear Solid, which lifts heavily from Sergio Leone. Solid Snakes face in MGS4 beee Van Cleef, and Ocelot Gian Maria Volonté in A Few Dollars More.

Makes sense in other respects, basically no coverage, a less cinematic (and therefor less exciting) looking game. Strategy games have always had this stigma. If it's not Blizzard, console focused or MOBA, it's not getting a spotlight.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@davillain- said:

Which is a very odd statement as Westerns, particularly Sergio Leone created video game tropes before video games were a thing.They are an absolute perfect template for video games, but turned into a niche' outside of Rockstar or augmented elements for other genres like Metal Gear Solid, which lifts heavily from Sergio Leone. Solid Snakes face in MGS4 beee Van Cleef, and Ocelot Gian Maria Volonté in A Few Dollars More.

Makes sense in other respects, basically no coverage, a less cinematic (and therefor less exciting) looking game. Strategy games have always had this stigma. If it's not Blizzard, console focused or MOBA, it's not getting a spotlight.

Probably because people are burnt on the Western theme due to the constant amount Western movies we got for over half of the last century. Superheroes have taken over as the new Western with the biggest movies nowadays being superheroes and companies are now trying to make adaptions of as many comic books as they can. As you can see with games nowadays trying to be hero games.

But yeah lacking cinematics and being a strategy game isn't going to help this game get coverage. I just remembered this game existed due to this thread.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

As a fan of the first one.

1) It looks cartoony now and not serious, big no go for me.

2) Visuals are a hit or miss. The game was brilliant on the fact it looked extremely realistic back in the day. Now its a mix of not looking good and decent solution ( almost sims like ).

3) Takes to long, game should have been out last year when they announced it. Sadly it's still not out and a year later yea how long do you plan on people to get interested in your game. You aint a high profile game

4) Genre is kinda dead to be honest.

5) Trailer didn't really tell you what the game was about for people that just tune into it.

6) Art just isn't interesting, the first one was so charming. this just looks more like sims 2.0.

Screenshot of the first one:

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@uninspiredcup: @pc_rocks:

You guys realize you're on gamespot, right ?

Camera angle alone is enough to drive most popamolers away.

Not enough IMMERSION.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PC_Rocks

@Gatygun said:

1) It looks cartoony now and not serious, big no go for me. It looks great for what it is. Shadow Tactics has a similar art style and it didn't prevent it from being awesome. I'm sure the new Commandos game if created from the ground up will have similar art style.

2) Visuals are a hit or miss. The game was brilliant on the fact it looked extremely realistic back in the day. Now its a mix of not looking good and decent solution ( almost sims like ). Refer to above. It looks brilliant.

3) Takes to long, game should have been out last year when they announced it. Sadly it's still not out and a year later yea how long do you plan on people to get interested in your game. You aint a high profile game. They are a small team making agame in a niche genre with almost no marketing budget. What do you expect? STill it has no bearing on the game being shit but says about gamers being gullible due to marketing.

4) Genre is kinda dead to be honest. Which is the whole point of the thread because it's an awesome genre which shouldn't be.

5) Trailer didn't really tell you what the game was about for people that just tune into it. Ummmmm...it shows a sneak peak which is good enough for a trailer. It's not a gameplay video, besides it's a sequel people can easily discern what it should be. It has shown more than what Kojima has in the last 3 years for DS.

6) Art just isn't interesting, the first one was so charming. this just looks more like sims 2.0. Point 1 and 2.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PC_Rocks

@bussinrounds said:

@uninspiredcup: @pc_rocks:

You guys realize you're on gamespot, right ?

Camera angle alone is enough to drive most popamolers away.

Not enough IMMERSION.

Yeah, SW is only good at talking about bad games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

@Gatygun said:

1) It looks cartoony now and not serious, big no go for me.

2) Visuals are a hit or miss. The game was brilliant on the fact it looked extremely realistic back in the day. Now its a mix of not looking good and decent solution ( almost sims like ).

3) Takes to long, game should have been out last year when they announced it. Sadly it's still not out and a year later yea how long do you plan on people to get interested in your game. You aint a high profile game

4) Genre is kinda dead to be honest.

5) Trailer didn't really tell you what the game was about for people that just tune into it.

6) Art just isn't interesting, the first one was so charming. this just looks more like sims 2.0.

You manage to list 6 arguments, pretty weak ones at best.

And three of your arguments all say the same thing.