Why you should care about sales

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for BattlefieldFan1
#1 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

Often times, we have straight-edge losers who always want to go against the grain because they think being non-conformist is "cool" and shit. This is a thread to explain why you Xboners are wrong about everything regarding sales.

I think it is fairly obvious to the clever ones among us that the battle for first place for next-gen sales is already over. SONY will take 1st place by a wide margin. As such, developers will start deving exclusively for the PS4 since it has most of the marketshare and has low dev budget due to its simplistic architecture. Furthermore, the quality in multiplats will diminish for the Xbone because the install base is so low that devs don't see the financial incentive in optimizing for the overly-complex, weaksauce machine.

Now, it's fine that you love the Xbone. Though your inanimate lover is inferior to the PS4 in every way possible, the love that you feel for your plastic toy is as potent as the love that a mother has for her child despite the child's imperfections. I do not deny such strong and passionate emotions that you convey for the Xbone, but despite your overarching affections for your toy, it is, at the end of the day, objectively inferior to the PS4 when it comes to support and games.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (49724 posts) -

herpa derp hur dur

#3 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

Hit the nail on the head Freak.

#4 Posted by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

Are you disagreeing that high sales = more support?

History doesn't say so.

Avatar image for always_explicit
#5 Edited by always_explicit (3379 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

hitteded the nail on the head freak

#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (48522 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

#7 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

What?

#8 Posted by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

No. No. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No. I'm sorry mr.cow, but the PS4 will not destroy the X1 in terms of sales by such a large margin that devs will stop developing games for it.

It's not the ps2 era bro. And even then, GC/Xbox got a shit ton of multiplatforms.

#9 Posted by HadOne2Many (1485 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

Nope. They are implying that your intelligence level is far below what is required in order to be a normal, functioning individual in society. And I agree with them.

#10 Posted by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

The software gap has already begun and it will only widen as the gen progresses.

Why would any game company develop for a platform with a far lower install base and a much more complex architecture?

#11 Edited by R3FURBISHED (12334 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Though your inanimate lover is inferior to the PS4 in every way possible, the love that you feel for your plastic toy is the same type of love that a mother has for her child despite the child's imperfections.

Different affections entirely.

Frankly I don't think you understand what "love" is

#12 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

@HadOne2Many said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

Nope. They are implying that your intelligence level is far below what is required in order to be a normal, functioning individual in society. And I agree with them.

I am a math, econ and computer science triple major at a top 20 university.

#13 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Though your inanimate lover is inferior to the PS4 in every way possible, the love that you feel for your plastic toy is the same type of love that a mother has for her child despite the child's imperfections.

Different "affections" entirely.

Whoops. I meant as strong as.

#14 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@HadOne2Many said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

And I'm the Prince of Kenya.

#15 Edited by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

Oh, but that's not what the OP is about... or if it is, the message got lost amidst the fanboyish ramblings.

#16 Posted by charizard1605 (82615 posts) -

Remember when this argument didn't apply because PSP, PS3, and PS Vita were all getting their asses kicked?

#18 Posted by HadOne2Many (1485 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@HadOne2Many said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

So smart, yet so stupid.

#19 Edited by lundy86_4 (48522 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Remember when this argument didn't apply because PSP, PS3, and PS Vita were all getting their asses kicked?

We've been here too long, char.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#20 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Cows gonna cow

#21 Edited by R3FURBISHED (12334 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Still horrendously wrong. You are still misunderstanding a preference largely based on ignorance (at least in this forum) for unquestioning, unflinching, blinding love and affection.

#22 Posted by danabo (2438 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

#23 Posted by shawn30 (4382 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Often times, we have straight-edge losers who always want to go against the grain because they think being non-conformist is "cool" and shit. This is a thread to explain why you Xboners are wrong about everything regarding sales.

I think it is fairly obvious to the clever ones among us that the battle for first place for next-gen sales is already over. SONY will take 1st place by a wide margin. As such, developers will start deving exclusively for the PS4 since it has most of the marketshare and has low dev budget due to its simplistic architecture. Furthermore, the quality in multiplats will diminish for the Xbone because the install base is so low that devs don't see the financial incentive in optimizing for the overly-complex, weaksauce machine.

Now, it's fine that you love the Xbone. Though your inanimate lover is inferior to the PS4 in every way possible, the love that you feel for your plastic toy is the same type of love that a mother has for her child despite the child's imperfections. I do not deny such strong and passionate emotions that you convey for the Xbone, but despite your overarching affections for your toy, it is, at the end of the day, objectively inferior to the PS4 when it comes to support and games.

Both consoles will sell fairly close to each, with no one getting any great way ahead. As for dev costs, the Xbox One system is a dev kit and the dedicated servers are free. In 2014 the dev kit software will be available, and by then the dev tools for the One will be better as well. Price wise the One is cheaper to dev on, or so it seems thus far. You have a very simplistic system in the PS4 and I do hoe that you enjoy it. But in no way do I feel it is superior to the Xbox One.

As for sales, you need to worry more about the other devices Sony sells than the PS4 cause if they don't sell well the PS brand will be in deep trouble.

#24 Posted by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

@magicalclick said:

Lolz, the software gap is already began with MGS5, FF15, Kingdom Hearts 3 available on Xbox One.

Too bad that all of them are going to run at 600p @ 30 FPS because the devs didn't see a reason to optimize for the Xbone.

#25 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@HadOne2Many said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

Sure... and I'm a physicist at CERN.

#26 Posted by applefan1991 (3388 posts) -

TC could be very correct, however, I'd be interested to see if sales mattered to him last gen when the roles were reversed and the PS3 was DOA. I bet back then it was "I play games, not sales"

#27 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Still horrendously wrong. You are still misunderstanding a preference largely based on ignorance (at least in this forum) for unquestioning, unflinching, blinding love and affection.

That's where you're wrong, buddy. Logically, there is no way to prefer the Xbone to the PS4 if we're using the top 3 metrics for core gamers: Social features, games, specs. The PS4 trumps the Bone in all 3 categories and more.

The love that xboners have for the Bone is based on unconditional, blinding love that they have for Microsoft. Like how a mother loves her child unconditionally despite the child's flaws, the xboners love the Bone despite it being vastly inferior to the PS4 in every important metric.

#28 Posted by Heil68 (57686 posts) -

Look at all those PS4 exclusives. MmMMmmm

#29 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

Where are you and Clyde when Lems do this? Im honestly curious, just seems like you guys single out pro PlayStation guys sometimes..

#30 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@HadOne2Many said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

#31 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12334 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

The love that xboners have for the Bone is based on unconditional, blinding love that they have for Microsoft. Like how a mother loves her child unconditionally despite the child's flaws, the xboners love the Bone despite it being vastly inferior to the PS4 in every important metric.

No guy, one is preference based largely on ignorance and one is unequivocal love

#32 Edited by HadOne2Many (1485 posts) -
@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

That's where you're wrong, buddy. Logically, there is no way to prefer the Xbone to the PS4 if we're using the top 3 metrics for core gamers: Social features, games, specs. The PS4 trumps the Bone in all 3 categories and more.

#33 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

No guy, one is preference based largely on ignorance and one is unequivocal love

How is the love that xboners have for their plastic toy based on ignorance when they know that the xbone is inferior to the PS4 in everything?

#34 Posted by BruceBenzing (406 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@HadOne2Many said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

I guess they don't have much of an English Department....

#35 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

hittded? Maybe he hit the wrong nail....Also, you have no room to talk.

#36 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

Where are you and Clyde when Lems do this? Im honestly curious, just seems like you guys single out pro PlayStation guys sometimes..

Cows make it real easy. I also bring lems down a few pegs too. You just don't go into pro X1 threads.

#37 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@always_explicit said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

hittded? Maybe he hit the wrong nail....Also, you have no room to talk.

Neither can you, Mr "I lose my shit everytime someone is negative about Sony".

#38 Posted by R3FURBISHED (12334 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

How is the love that xboners have for their plastic toy based on ignorance when they know that the xbone is inferior to the PS4 in everything?

Its not love!

Its preference based on ignorance because how many people here have had an in-depth hands on with both the new Xbox and new PlayStation.

#39 Posted by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -

"Generation and PC exclusive"

Congratulations System Wars, you're still not as petty and stupid as whoever made this list.

#40 Edited by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@NameIess_One said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@HadOne2Many said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

herpa derp hur dur

History doesn't say so.

Honestly, that's really impressive.

Made @NameIess_One and @HadOne2Many look like not only a tool; but a fucking asshole too.

#41 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26839 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Look at all those PS4 exclusives. MmMMmmm

Really ? Because to me that list of PS4 and Xbone exclusives is looking really weak (and I'm talking real exclusives, not available on any other platform).

Sony and MS seriously need to step up their game and stop with the timed exclusives and exclusive DLC.

#42 Posted by Lucianu (10283 posts) -

Your love for the PS brand emanating from that post is as laughable as the Xboners you yourself are ridiculing.

#43 Posted by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1: You are quite an idiot. Your lists are incomplete, include indies that are timed, and a lot are unconfirmed, and only a portion of that list is confirmed exclusive.

Also i though timed exclusives and PC shared games were bad TC or should I bring back those other Battlefield fan posts?

#44 Edited by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

Again, system warriors disappoint me. R3furbished is the only one here who has addressed my points without attacking me. I have shown you all facts. Look at that chart. The PS4 is set to dominate the Xbone. Develops know this. They develop exclusively for the PS4 in response to its unprecedented demand from the consumers. The Xbone is left ignored for the most part.

I guess this is why GameSpot is going down the drain. We have too many members like Clyde who troll with no consequences because of their high post count. Posters who threaten the status-quo by posting thought-provoking, fact-riddled posts are ridiculed and encouraged to leave.

I'm telling you, admins, something needs to be done with these trolls.

#45 Edited by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

*pic*

Cool, good for you... not sure why do you insist on wasting time acting as a rabid fanboy, though... but hey, not my place to judge.

#46 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1977 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@BattlefieldFan1 said:

Now, it's fine that you love the Xbone. Though your inanimate lover is inferior to the PS4 in every way possible, the love that you feel for your plastic toy is the same type of love that a mother has for her child despite the child's imperfections. I do not deny such strong and passionate emotions that you convey for the Xbone, but despite your overarching affections for your toy, it is, at the end of the day, objectively inferior to the PS4 when it comes to support and games.

Both consoles will sell fairly close to each, with no one getting any great way ahead. As for dev costs, the Xbox One system is a dev kit and the dedicated servers are free. In 2014 the dev kit software will be available, and by then the dev tools for the One will be better as well. Price wise the One is cheaper to dev on, or so it seems thus far. You have a very simplistic system in the PS4 and I do hoe that you enjoy it. But in no way do I feel it is superior to the Xbox One.

As for sales, you need to worry more about the other devices Sony sells than the PS4 cause if they don't sell well the PS brand will be in deep trouble.

Look, i know you prefer Xbox, same way I prefer PlayStation.But lets be honest here, how do you think MS wil match PS4 in sales? Are you forgetting this thing is $500. Lems made a big deal about PS3s 500-600 dollar price, now its A OK for XOnes price? In comparison to XOnes price, at least PS3 offered a BR player which was 1000 bucks by itself in 06. MS reason is motion control? Why fool yourself here? MS had to release earlier and cheaper than PS3 to tie Sony, and thats with all the disadvantages PS3 had. PS4 doesn't have those disadvatages. How will XOne be PS4s equal when its predecessor couldn't get the job done with all its advantages?

#47 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

OP speaks the truth, too bad butthurt lems will attack him. Deep down they know the Xbone will get destroyed by the PS4 in sales and exclusives.

#48 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Well sufferin' succotash, thanks for that there edumacation! Us lackwitted plebs clearly have so much to learn from you.

The Bone will certainly sell less but this vast gulf of support you seem to have convinced yourself of won't happen.

#49 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@majesticshea said:

Honestly, that's really impressive.

Made @NameIess_One and @HadOne2Many look like not only a tool; but a fucking asshole too.

How curious... I struck the nerve of a person to whom my post wasn't addressed in any shape or form...

#50 Posted by BattlefieldFan1 (841 posts) -

@Lucianu said:

Your love for the PS brand emanating from that post is as laughable as the Xboners you yourself are ridiculing.

I was a 360 owner for the entirety of this gen. I plan to switch to the PS4.

I'm a gamer first. I don't care for either SONY or Microsoft.