Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By FreedomFreeLife

Poll Why Xbox One is selling less than PS4? (105 votes)

DRM - Bad Xbox One reputation(not trustful) 24%
Kinect - Bad reputation 6%
Weaker console 30%
Lack of good Exclusives(right now, future) 8%
Xbox 360 bad ending(lost focus, no exclusives...) 10%
Don Mattrick 22%

Main reason? Why?

• 
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Well one has to look at games library, features, online, price etc etc..

If PS4 is selling more means the majority of gamers believe PS4 is the better console out of the 2.. XBO has nothing special that makes me want the console, that is why i got a PS4..

However I will not exclude the possibility of getting the console, when it gets cheaper and offers more quality exclusives..

inklineface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 inklineface
Member since 2014 • 134 Posts

All of the above.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Weaker console has a lot to do with it and it looks like a retro desktop pc that can sit under a fat crt monitor.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

PS4 got revealed first, XB1's reveal was laughable, used games fiasco and mandatory Kinect fiasco happened, XB1's E3 2013 conference bombed with that $499 pricetag, Sony's E3 2013 conference was basically "we're not doing the dumb stuff Microsoft's doing" with a $399 price announcement, and Sony launched a much, much better advertising campaign.

That's why the PS4 rekt the XB1 in launch sales. The reason why it's continuing to sell more is pure hype.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@inklineface said:

All of the above.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Because you touch yourself at night

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

A lot of of people are misinformed fanboys, actually the Cow stereotype/archetype is the one that you can most likely experience in real life, outside System Wars and I know plenty of misinformed, aggressive people who don't know thing about Xbox One or still think it's got always-on policies or DRM or whatever, yet bash it. Anyway, those misinformed fanboys would rather get a mediocre but hyped game like DriveClub rather than an outstanding but maybe just slightly less hyped game like Forza Horizon 2. It happens every single time.

But the real question is, why should we care?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

A lot of of people are misinformed fanboys, actually the Cow stereotype/archetype is the one that you can most likely experience in real life, outside System Wars and I know plenty of misinformed, aggressive people who don't know thing about Xbox One or still think it's got always-on policies or DRM or whatever, yet bash it. Anyway, those misinformed fanboys would rather get a mediocre but hyped game like DriveClub rather than an outstanding but maybe just slightly less hyped game like Forza Horizon 2. It happens every single time.

classic salty, making excuses as always, do continue, is amusing seeing you in every xbone thread giving "objective" opinions against "fanboys" as for why xbone is failing.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

because xbox live is better than psn

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@lostrib said:

Because you touch yourself at night

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Ohhhh I don't know maybe cause of all the DRM garbage and price tag.I am pretty sure those are the main reasons.MS really shot themselves in the foot this Gen.Then again this Gen isn't over.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Because Xbox One is like PC's little brother that no one likes, but he still tags along anyway and tattles on every thing they do.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Because the Playstation brand has always been more popular than Xbox. Playstation at its worst outsold Xbox at its best.

Dswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dswiss
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts

Till this day, I still can't believe Don Mattrick said what he said. THen he leaves and takes a job at Zynga.....

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

The top three choices.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#16 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Good work Agent Don ;)

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

X1 reveal was very controversial (mandatory kinect, mandatory online connection, higher price, etc). Now, after the 180° turn, it turned into a good console but it's probably too late to regain all the positive popularity.

It's selling pretty good, though, just not as good as PS4.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

cause the Xpos1 is inferior in every way

ps4pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ps4pete
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

@PAL360 said:

X1 reveal was very controversial (mandatory kinect, mandatory online connection, higher price, etc). Now, after the 180° turn, it turned into a good console but it's probably too late to regain all the positive popularity.

It's selling pretty good, though, just not as good as PS4.

Good answer.

The core simple fact is they launched first which in every other year would have been good, but they decided to stick some controversial moves in there, many of which Sony also planned on (mandatory ps eye / higher price / online connection) but Sony had the benefit of seeing the public reaction abd changing plans at the last second.

Which in a nutshell made MS look like the bad guy and PS the good guy - in marketing that's a huge win for Sony.

Secondly, well these things tend to switch every 5-10 years, PS was flavour of the month for several years, then it was Xbox, now Sony - it's a simplification of a larger psychological trait, but patterns do happen.

Thirdly, it's been hyped beyond all belief thanks to the above 2 factors - and thanks to a minor increase in power that's a hook fanboys can use to further hype the machine. Hype = sales and even for those not fooled by hype, some of their buddies will be fooled by it and then they are almost forced to go where their buddies are so everyone goes PS4, just like I did.

I miss Xbox sometimes, but honestly the machines are pretty much identical with both having benefits and drawbacks overt the other, but in terms of games they really are pretty much identical.

I'd expect MS to close the gap, but PS will dominate this product cycle. But MS won't be too bothered by it so long as 35% or so people continue to prefer not to buy Sony despite the hype they will be quite happy. I think anyone can see they have still sold over 5 mil consoles during what has been an amazingly bad launch, so all things considered I think they will be happy.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

It was always going to sell less because outside of NA Playstation consoles have always been bigger than Xbox. That didn't even change with the disastrous start of the PS3 and there are many of you that just don't want to accept that as the fact that it is.

PS3 outsold the 360 nearly every year in WW sales since launch. But the Xbone had a 10 million gap because of the year head-start. Then it continue to sell really well in NA but the PS3 was still outselling it by a few thousands more and then by the millions when the Slim came out. That's how the PS3 could catch up even though right now there are 15 million more X360 consoles than PS3's in NA.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

All these PS4 owners are just casual, misinformed peasants.

I hope they wake up soon.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Well, PS3 was selling pretty hot at the end of its life cycle. Xbox 360 sold well too but it mainly rode on the Kinect horse. A dearth of great exclusives didn't help Xbox 360 transition to Xbox One. The end of a console life cycle is usually accompanied by great exclusives. That wasn't the case with Xbox 360. Microsoft also screwed up Xbox One's first E3 and received bad publicity for the rest of 2013. Now, it is mainly games that will sell the console and Xbox One doesn't have too many heavy hitters other than Halo:MCC. It's up to Halo to salvage the rest of 2014. In 2015? Microsoft better have one hell of a lineup if they don't want to fall far behind.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I haven't bought One because:

• what they attempted to pull at E3. Sorry, I tend to not forget things like this, and even though MS 180^0'd on their policies I suspect they still will eventually implement them (they even said they still believe in it, it was just executed wrong and too drastically). MS basically lost years of my trust and good faith in one day.
  • aside from Halo and Forza, there's nothing that interests me.
  • They aren't creating many new IPs.
  • weaker hardware.
  • don't care for Kinect, not a problem now but this has been why I initially didn't buy.
  • I hear their system UI and design is terrible, though this is just hearsay.

MS just doesn't have anything I really want and I have better uses for my money at present. All third party games I'll get on my PS4; I don't want to spend (nor can afford Live+). Nothing interesting of yet that justifies my dollar.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Informing people about DRM not been on xbox one is MS issue not a cow issue.

Drive Club has 72 on meta Ryse has fu**ing 60 and several die hard lemmings here claim to have enjoy the game and say it was great.

Oh please you people hyped FH2 for months and it flopped to..hahaha

By the way we miss you here..

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/official-npd-september-thread-31625226/?page=1

@Sagemode87 said:

Because the Playstation brand has always been more popular than Xbox. Playstation at its worst outsold Xbox at its best.

Yeah i think that even without the whole DRM fiasco MS was bound to lose.

People forget what happen last gen,MS release 1 year before every one,had a lower price point than Sony for almost all the generation,and had a huge hardware problem that boosted number of units,specially after the 3rd and 4th year where people were running out of warranties.

MS got lucky last gen,and still ended last vs the PS3 and wii,i guess that when it comes down many people were just happy that the PS4 was again an affordable console and they show it,the xbox has never been as popular as the PS has been,and i don't think it will ever be.

It didn't help that MS charged people even for netflix,some people think the consumer will take anything but is not true,consumers get tire to of been milk.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@elpresador-911 said:

Except in the quality of racing games available

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@inklineface said:

All of the above.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Simple really, MS are victims of their own success since comparatively, they made the 360 such awesome sauce and X1 not as much so Xbox fans are hesitant to Jump Ahead whilst it's the reverse for PS fans, they can't wait to dump PS3 and ummmm, Await Greatness. :P

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

all of the above

overall XposBone is a shit Console!!

/end discussion

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MonsieurX said:

@elpresador-911 said:

Except in the quality of racing games available

True that. 2015 can't come soon enough for cows.

Gran Turismo is due for 2015?

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Probs because cows make the xbox sound weaker when the fact is the PS4 is literally just the same with worse games, just look at ryse, that is a launch title. Gears will change the way people look at it.

RaunchyTacos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RaunchyTacos
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The reveal was a disaster. Such a disaster, in fact, that Microsoft had to reverse their used game policy. It even gave the Wii U a boost in sales. The higher price tag due to the then-mandatory Kinect only made things worse. Without it, Xbox One is little more than an inferior product being sold at the same price as a PS4. With it, Xbox One is an inferior product being sold at a higher price with a shitty gimmick. Microsoft dropped the ball in all courts and that's why the Xbox One is getting stomped.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos

@hehe101 said:

Probs because cows make the xbox sound weaker when the fact is the PS4 is literally just the same with worse games, just look at ryse, that is a launch title. Gears will change the way people look at it.

Ryse is a launch title is basically a last gen corridor game which doesn't allow you to stray 12 feet side to side.

Games like Infamous own it and without dropping to 900p or 17 FPS.

Gear will change nothing.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Because people are ignorant apparently. You get much more bang for the buck with the xbox one (especially so far in the generation)

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

the same thing that was moving x360 off the shelves post 2010 when the exclusives had dried up, the it factor. people are most likely to get a console their friends have got so the more ps4 sells the more stronger its position gets. its a steam roll effect, its only going to get worse

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts
Loading Video...

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

"DRM" (bad reputation) + Weaker hardware.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

The X1 had a horrible reveal and it never has and maybe never will fully recover. MS dropped the ball in so many areas from the DRM to the price point to the insistence on pushing Kinect and then later pulling back from it a bit! In my opinion after the disaster that was the PS3 launch, I would have figured MS would have learned from that and avoided all of those pitfalls, but in the end, they did not!

I am a big XBOX backer. I prefer the controller, XBL and I really do like what the X1 is. I don't think that things are as dismal for the console as the Sony fanboys make it out to be nor do I think the PS4 is really, truly ever going to put out games that simply CANT be done on the One. Each console has its strengths and weaknesses and this is going to be a long hard fought battle.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

You get one shot at revealing a console, **** that up and the Average Jim will go with what's popular as we're seeing now.

Also because brainwashing, fanboys and ignorance, hurr durr, drool, knuckledrag.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5873 Posts

In simple terms end users that dont have a clue about ins and outs are simply still not trusting the brand. For example they think it still cant play used games. This is just taking much longer to disappear than I certainly thought. Shame really because the Xbox One has a lot to offer and not just for gaming.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

In simple terms end users that dont have a clue about ins and outs are simply still not trusting the brand. For example they think it still cant play used games. This is just taking much longer to disappear than I certainly thought. Shame really because the Xbox One has a lot to offer and not just for gaming.

Please every one knows it play used games,but every one knows it also weaker,with less games and lower score ones.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#44 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Because first impressions actually matter. No matter how quickly Microsoft was with reversing their policies, the multiplayer crowd had already made it up in their mind that the PS4 would be their go-to system.

As much as system wars loves to play the exclusive meta game, there's only really a few exclusives that can honestly be claimed to be system sellers. Sunset Overdrive looks funny, but hardly anyone is actually going to rush out to by the Xbone to play it. Same goes for Infamous on the PS4. The only potential must-have exclusive title that came out on either console this year was Titanfall and it didn't exactly deliver what Microsoft was hopping.

Will the trend reverse in the US? Who knows really, it all comes down to if Microsoft can get another exclusive franchise that can give them a shot in the arm, because let's be honest, exclusive DLC or time exclusives like Tomb Raider will not cut it.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@tormentos said:

@hehe101 said:

Ryse is a launch title is basically a last gen corridor game which doesn't allow you to stray 12 feet side to side.

Do you really believe all of the toxic waste you spew on this sight?? Infamous SS was an above average game. It had pretty effects and a decent main character but there was nothing special that we haven't seen before. As far as Ryse goes, it was also an average game with a mediocre story and blah characters, but it is still a visual juggernaught amongst games that have been released to date on either the X1 or PS4.

I still don't know why YOU in particular continue to beat the resolution disparity between the two consoles? It is a dead horse, so why keep kicking it?? We get it, the PS4 may have some games that run a whopping 180 more pixels on any given frame than what the X1 can do. I promise you if you were taken into a room with identical HDTV's and put in any particular multiplat and had the PS4 and X1 covered by a shroud and were asked to identify which screen was displaying a 900p game and which had a 1080p game, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Is there some personal gain for you to defend Sony and the PS4 like they are your family? Do you own millions of Sony stock shares? What do they do for you? Do you get a check each month for your fanboy rants on this site? Seriously dude, is this all your life revolves around??

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@tormentos said:

@hehe101 said:

Do you really believe all of the toxic waste you spew on this sight?? Infamous SS was an above average game. It had pretty effects and a decent main character but there was nothing special that we haven't seen before. As far as Ryse goes, it was also an average game with a mediocre story and blah characters, but it is still a visual juggernaught amongst games that have been released to date on either the X1 or PS4.

I still don't know why YOU in particular continue to beat the resolution disparity between the two consoles? It is a dead horse, so why keep kicking it?? We get it, the PS4 may have some games that run a whopping 180 more pixels on any given frame than what the X1 can do. I promise you if you were taken into a room with identical HDTV's and put in any particular multiplat and had the PS4 and X1 covered by a shroud and were asked to identify which screen was displaying a 900p game and which had a 1080p game, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Is there some personal gain for you to defend Sony and the PS4 like they are your family? Do you own millions of Sony stock shares? What do they do for you? Do you get a check each month for your fanboy rants on this site? Seriously dude, is this all your life revolves around??

Hahaha. People take this System Wars thing too seriously. Then again, that is what makes it so entertaining! Proceed!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I think among hardcore gamers, the reputation sink from the XBone launch did a real number on it and that bad taste trickles down to the "friend effect" to a lot of people.

However, at $400, it would seem that core gamers and core-sympathizers are not the only ones buying into Gen 8 despite how early it is. I think a lot of gamers who held on to their 360s in the later half of the gen are a little let down by the brand itself and the loss of focus on Kinect. Even though that answer is the smallest one at the time of me writing this, I firmly believe that it plays a large factor as to why people are jumping ship to the PS4 already.

With Destiny selling the most on PS4 than PS3 or 360, it's hard to make a case that there is a large amount of gamers just sitting on their thumbs with Gen7 machines. That was an extremely long generation for hardware and people want something new. With America counting for over 35% of worldwide sales for the 360, the fact that PS4 is also crushing the Xbone in America says a lot about how rapidly adoption is going. XBone is tracking somewhat in line with how the 360 did at launch in the US, but that means there was no progress being made in regards to market penetration for what is now an established brand.

Since we can't make the case that PS3 or 360 adopters are slow to pick up generation 8 consoles due to the magnitude of sales and software sales not backing that theory, I am left with the conclusion that overall, the 360 owner is not satisfied and boosting the PS4 adoption rate in NPD by a fairly large amount. PSN+ accounts nearly doubling this past month supports that.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5873 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: Calling @tormentos you had better watch out. His cut and paste script will be working overtime. Your wasting you time. Hes a blind fanboy that wont except when he is wrong.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

The X1 had a horrible reveal and it never has and maybe never will fully recover. MS dropped the ball in so many areas from the DRM to the price point to the insistence on pushing Kinect and then later pulling back from it a bit! In my opinion after the disaster that was the PS3 launch, I would have figured MS would have learned from that and avoided all of those pitfalls, but in the end, they did not!

I am a big XBOX backer. I prefer the controller, XBL and I really do like what the X1 is. I don't think that things are as dismal for the console as the Sony fanboys make it out to be nor do I think the PS4 is really, truly ever going to put out games that simply CANT be done on the One. Each console has its strengths and weaknesses and this is going to be a long hard fought battle.

look at this, so cute

your system is a big pile of shit accept it already

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@inklineface said:

All of the above.

A combination of all of all the above. Consumer confidence is hard to win back.