Why was Prey 2017 overlooked?

  • 58 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16508

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16508 Posts

Hello friends,

So i have been thinking something. Prey 2017 is a game that have everything old school PC immersive sim actually need. as its spritual successor of System shock 2, set in space station huning aliens. however game was overlooked.

It was quality SP title that was long. has incredible map design here it is

Very deep and complex where you explore entire station and also find a way to fix if elevator not working then theres

a big inventory

I remember there was a time when inventory system was ended in a favor of two weapon limit but this inventory is Deus Ex like. and even like Deus Ex you can also read other emails.

it was incredible game that short on combat because game is not design for combat. its immersive sim that design to immersed you into the world with having deep level design.

Prey 2006 was simple run of the mill FPS with terrible shooting and you cant die. the cancelled sequel looks like far cry in space that people were angry about its cancellation.

so friends, why this incredible and intellectual game being overlooked and overshadowed? is it too hardcore for todays audience?

lets discuss

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35648

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35648 Posts

I've finished Prey 3 times already, but couldn't even beat Mooncrash once.

I don't know why that is exactly. It hits all the same high notes: the weapons are fun, the characters are interesting.

But the thought of doing it all in one run stresses me out. Prey and Dishonored are games where I save a lot and retry a lot.

Mooncrash forces you to play one specific way and stick with it.

The second run I did in mooncrash that Moonshark creature just straight up destroyed me and there was little I could do (the game gave barely info on what was happening). I didn't have fun getting killed by some overpowered creature that I have no info on how to beat it or avoid it.

Ragequit and uninstalled the game right there. **** that ****

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

6278

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Hello Friend,

Yes

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

7456

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 7456 Posts

such hardcore

many intellectual

so inventory

amaze

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16508

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16508 Posts

@Macutchi said:

such hardcore

many intellectual

so inventory

amaze

my friend, in mainstream games like bioshock infinite you only walk in straight line and elizabeth guides you. it scream i am intelligent.

while in reality Prey is actually intelligent game design for old school PC gamer.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

7456

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 7456 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

such hardcore

many intellectual

so inventory

amaze

my friend, in mainstream games like bioshock infinite you only walk in straight line and elizabeth guides you. it scream i am intelligent.

while in reality Prey is actually intelligent game design for old school PC gamer.

what did you think of the combat in prey?

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

26783

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 26783 Posts

Why do you continuously hate on movie games, but really want to play MGS4?

Avatar image for Ant_17
Ant_17

13619

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13619 Posts

No one was able to get it.

Avatar image for djoffer123
Djoffer123

481

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 481 Posts

Played the demo and it was pretty terrible...

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

28475

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28475 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

such hardcore

many intellectual

so inventory

amaze

my friend, in mainstream games like bioshock infinite you only walk in straight line and elizabeth guides you. it scream i am intelligent.

while in reality Prey is actually intelligent game design for old school PC gamer.

it movie game that only casual bandodging trash would like.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16508

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16508 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

such hardcore

many intellectual

so inventory

amaze

my friend, in mainstream games like bioshock infinite you only walk in straight line and elizabeth guides you. it scream i am intelligent.

while in reality Prey is actually intelligent game design for old school PC gamer.

what did you think of the combat in prey?

Game is not design for combat. its immersive sim.

think of Deus Ex and System shock.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

7456

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#13 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 7456 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

such hardcore

many intellectual

so inventory

amaze

my friend, in mainstream games like bioshock infinite you only walk in straight line and elizabeth guides you. it scream i am intelligent.

while in reality Prey is actually intelligent game design for old school PC gamer.

what did you think of the combat in prey?

Game is not design for combat. its immersive sim.

think of Deus Ex and System shock.

the game is very much designed for combat. it's obviously not a straight forward run and gun, it forces you think carefully about how to approach each situation, use the environment creatively and do a lot of exploration to find neuromods and weapon upgrade packs.

but despite all that sounding good on paper i just didn't find it all that fun. there was an awkwardness to it. it lacked a fluidity in combat that something like dishonored has in droves. and the enemies just weren't that fun to play against and outwit. the enemy design and combat were the two main detractors for me. i tried a few different builds with combos of human and alien abilities but i still found it clunky and unsatisfying no matter which branches i upgraded. i was impressed by a lot of things in prey, but overall it didn't quite hit the spot

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#14 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

I found PREY boring.Repititive enemies.

Avatar image for Star67
Star67

4789

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#15 Star67
Member since 2005 • 4789 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

such hardcore

many intellectual

so inventory

amaze

my friend, in mainstream games like bioshock infinite you only walk in straight line and elizabeth guides you. it scream i am intelligent.

while in reality Prey is actually intelligent game design for old school PC gamer.

what did you think of the combat in prey?

Game is not design for combat. its immersive sim.

think of Deus Ex and System shock.

the game is very much designed for combat. it's obviously not a straight forward run and gun, it forces you think carefully about how to approach each situation, use the environment creatively and do a lot of exploration to find neuromods and weapon upgrade packs.

but despite all that sounding good on paper i just didn't find it all that fun. there was an awkwardness to it. it lacked a fluidity in combat that something like dishonored has in droves. and the enemies just weren't that fun to play against and outwit. the enemy design and combat were the two main detractors for me. i tried a few different builds with combos of human and alien abilities but i still found it clunky and unsatisfying no matter which branches i upgraded. i was impressed by a lot of things in prey, but overall it didn't quite hit the spot

Enemy Design and how to deal with them were my biggest gripes as well, also not a lot of enemy variety.

It's a Solid AA hidden gem for sure

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

42816

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 42816 Posts

@Macutchi said:

the game is very much designed for combat. it's obviously not a straight forward run and gun, it forces you think carefully about how to approach each situation, use the environment creatively and do a lot of exploration to find neuromods and weapon upgrade packs.

but despite all that sounding good on paper i just didn't find it all that fun. there was an awkwardness to it. it lacked a fluidity in combat that something like dishonored has in droves. and the enemies just weren't that fun to play against and outwit. the enemy design and combat were the two main detractors for me. i tried a few different builds with combos of human and alien abilities but i still found it clunky and unsatisfying no matter which branches i upgraded. i was impressed by a lot of things in prey, but overall it didn't quite hit the spot

Pretty much agree with that.

Don't think it's a bad game per-se, just not one I enjoy.

For all the clunk and overly complex levels, not really an issue have with the OG System Shock, or 2, they are compelling.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

14466

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#17 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 14466 Posts

It's in my queue to play - someday I'll get to it. Looks very good to me as a System Shock fan

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

3901

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#18 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 3901 Posts

Prey wasn't overlooked. It was a mediocre game played by mediocre gamers.

Avatar image for pelvist
pelvist

7987

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#19 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 7987 Posts

Iv been thinking about giving this another chance since I paid money for it and only played it for a few hours. I found the game to be quite the chore to play and the black things were annoying. Hopefully the game gets better later on.

Avatar image for louixiii
LouiXIII

9525

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 9525 Posts

@ghosts4ever: It had nothing to do with the original game and fans of the original wanted a sequel. Also, the original was released on the 360 so it was too soon for a "re-imagining" when the original Prey wasn't that old. Lastly, it wasn't that great of a game. 6 at the most for me while the original was a 8.5 in my book.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

7051

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 7051 Posts

Prey 2017 was one of my favorite games of that year.

I know people complain about the lack of enemy variety, but I think it works. The variety is there in how you approach a situation, just like any good Arkane game. Early game everything is scary, but you become more confident as you build your character. I think some people could be turned off by the encounters, but I don't think the enemy design is the real issue. The game just isn't a run-and-gun experience (unless you dump a bunch of points in the right place to make it one).

I think the level design is top-notch as well. Just enough of a labyrinth to make it a challenge, lots of shortcuts and secrets. Lots of good flavor. Cool security terminal mechanic. The exploration in this game is so much fun.

Also, if you haven't been spoiled on the opening sequence... It's fucking awesome.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

45080

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 0

#22 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 45080 Posts

You did a thread like this before.

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

37732

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#23 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 37732 Posts

It was slow to get into at first, felt overwhelmed when the game opened up, wasn't sure where to explore. But once things got rolling it got better and better. I loved it by the end. I definitely feel this game is overlooked, in part to some dismissing it because it wasn't a proper sequel to last gen's Prey.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35648

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35648 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

It was slow to get into at first, felt overwhelmed when the game opened up, wasn't sure where to explore. But once things got rolling it got better and better. I loved it by the end. I definitely feel this game is overlooked, in part to some dismissing it because it wasn't a proper sequel to last gen's Prey.

Yeah I kept seeing hate for this game because it took the name Prey, and because Bethesda had cancelled Prey 2.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35648

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35648 Posts
@xantufrog said:

It's in my queue to play - someday I'll get to it. Looks very good to me as a System Shock fan

Oh yeah, it definitely has a lot of System Shock and Half Life vibes. It's one of the best FPS to come out in recent years, but it can be played any way you want (hacking, alien powers, talking, ...)

Avatar image for wiiboxstation
Wiiboxstation

1631

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#26 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1631 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: props to you. Prey is just a rediculously difficult game. I'm still stuck at the start.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16508

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#27 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16508 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

@R4gn4r0k: props to you. Prey is just a rediculously difficult game. I'm still stuck at the start.

kinda funny because original Prey was incredibly easy.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

14466

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#28 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 14466 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: niiice

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35648

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35648 Posts

@wiiboxstation said:

@R4gn4r0k: props to you. Prey is just a rediculously difficult game. I'm still stuck at the start.

I was stuck at the start too. Thought for real I had to go into the hallway xD

The game opens up after that intro bit :P

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

7210

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 7210 Posts

@Macutchi said:

the game is very much designed for combat. it's obviously not a straight forward run and gun, it forces you think carefully about how to approach each situation, use the environment creatively and do a lot of exploration to find neuromods and weapon upgrade packs.

but despite all that sounding good on paper i just didn't find it all that fun. there was an awkwardness to it. it lacked a fluidity in combat that something like dishonored has in droves. and the enemies just weren't that fun to play against and outwit. the enemy design and combat were the two main detractors for me. i tried a few different builds with combos of human and alien abilities but i still found it clunky and unsatisfying no matter which branches i upgraded. i was impressed by a lot of things in prey, but overall it didn't quite hit the spot

Man, this sums it up for me. It's like if Deus Ex: Human Revolution were developed by an anal-retentive joyless sop who thinks you needed to be woken up with the occasional jump scare. I gave it an honest-to-god try, and I thought the intro was setting up something great, and then I lost all interest about 4-5 hours in.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6320

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#31 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6320 Posts

I played it for awhile then refunded it the graphics where a turn off to cartoonish for my taste and the combat was dull the original Prey wasn't perfect by any means but still much better then the reboot. Btw if you reply to this comment Ghost I wouldn't answer so go cry somewhere else I know you can't handle other peoples opinions you have insecurity issues.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

5051

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#32 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 5051 Posts

Trash gunplay and even worse enemies design

Avatar image for npiet1
npiet1

3533

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#33 npiet1  Online
Member since 2018 • 3533 Posts

Probably didn't help PREY 2 dev was nearly finished, canceled, then the made PREY 2017.

Avatar image for fastnslowww
FastNslowww

489

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#34 FastNslowww
Member since 2017 • 489 Posts

Because the game sucked....

Avatar image for moistcarrot
Moistcarrot

1060

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1060 Posts

Bad marketing, should have been called Neuroshock or something since it's practically a system shock game.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16508

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16508 Posts

@warmblur said:

I played it for awhile then refunded it the graphics where a turn off to cartoonish for my taste and the combat was dull the original Prey wasn't perfect by any means but still much better then the reboot. Btw if you reply to this comment Ghost I wouldn't answer so go cry somewhere else I know you can't handle other peoples opinions you have insecurity issues.

my friend, its fine that you dont like it. but the thing is its a game that is not design for combat at all as i explain above its not even a first person shooter. its immersive sim. a different genre. its design to immersed you in a world. none of immersive sim had good combat at all.

It has quick saves and load, lean and peak, complex level design, zero handholding and everything old school PC shooter need is in this game.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16508

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#37 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16508 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@lamprey263 said:

It was slow to get into at first, felt overwhelmed when the game opened up, wasn't sure where to explore. But once things got rolling it got better and better. I loved it by the end. I definitely feel this game is overlooked, in part to some dismissing it because it wasn't a proper sequel to last gen's Prey.

Yeah I kept seeing hate for this game because it took the name Prey, and because Bethesda had cancelled Prey 2.

bethesda did right by cancelling the game. human head then made quitman which consider one of the worst game of all time. there track record was awful. especially compare to Arkane lol the only developer who make immersive games.

further more Prey 2006 by human head also suck. you barely doing anything. the combat suck and it was roller coaster alien ride. no challenge at all.

Avatar image for firedrakes
firedrakes

2712

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#38 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 2712 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

such hardcore

many intellectual

so inventory

amaze

my friend, in mainstream games like bioshock infinite you only walk in straight line and elizabeth guides you. it scream i am intelligent.

while in reality Prey is actually intelligent game design for old school PC gamer.

what did you think of the combat in prey?

Game is not design for combat. its immersive sim.

think of Deus Ex and System shock.

the game is very much designed for combat. it's obviously not a straight forward run and gun, it forces you think carefully about how to approach each situation, use the environment creatively and do a lot of exploration to find neuromods and weapon upgrade packs.

but despite all that sounding good on paper i just didn't find it all that fun. there was an awkwardness to it. it lacked a fluidity in combat that something like dishonored has in droves. and the enemies just weren't that fun to play against and outwit. the enemy design and combat were the two main detractors for me. i tried a few different builds with combos of human and alien abilities but i still found it clunky and unsatisfying no matter which branches i upgraded. i was impressed by a lot of things in prey, but overall it didn't quite hit the spot

the overall gameplay was not corrosive. instead what stuck and played well with the engine. is what we got.

Avatar image for PernicioEnigma
PernicioEnigma

6460

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6460 Posts

I thought it was a great game. I get the criticism of the combat, but on my play-through I specialized in hacking and defensive abilities, so combat wasn't a big part of my play-through. In the early encounters I would usually sneak past enemies, or use the stun gun to get away from them if they were too strong (you can find the stun gun very early if you know where to look).

By the second half of the game I had created and hacked so many security bots I could just sit back and watch them take care of the aliens for me, which was quite satisfying.

Avatar image for filthyn00b
filthyn00b

473

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By filthyn00b
Member since 2020 • 473 Posts

its not made the original developers and it has no deathmatch like the original it's shit.

they cancelled the true prey 2 by human head studios and gave us a pile of shit, f u c k bethesda.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16508

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#41 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16508 Posts

@filthyn00b said:

its not made the original developers and it has no deathmatch like the original it's shit.

they cancelled the true prey 2 by human head studios and gave us a pile of shit, f u c k bethesda.

good they cancelled far cry in space and give us system shock 2 spritual successor.

Avatar image for Macutchi
Macutchi

7456

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#42 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 7456 Posts

@firedrakes said:
@Macutchi said:

the game is very much designed for combat. it's obviously not a straight forward run and gun, it forces you think carefully about how to approach each situation, use the environment creatively and do a lot of exploration to find neuromods and weapon upgrade packs.

but despite all that sounding good on paper i just didn't find it all that fun. there was an awkwardness to it. it lacked a fluidity in combat that something like dishonored has in droves. and the enemies just weren't that fun to play against and outwit. the enemy design and combat were the two main detractors for me. i tried a few different builds with combos of human and alien abilities but i still found it clunky and unsatisfying no matter which branches i upgraded. i was impressed by a lot of things in prey, but overall it didn't quite hit the spot

the overall gameplay was not corrosive. instead what stuck and played well with the engine. is what we got.

i'm not sure what you mean by that pal sorry

Avatar image for firedrakes
firedrakes

2712

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#43 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 2712 Posts

@Macutchi: they had small bits of the game that work and them using a new engine the cry engine 4.0. padded the rest of the game

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

26783

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#44 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 26783 Posts

I really want a sequel to Prey (2006). It was only an ok game, but I loved the concept of it. The atmosphere was awesome. I also thought the presentation they gave us of Prey 2 looked really cool.

Prey (2017) is probably a pretty good game, but it just doesn't interest me. The enemies look boring and annoying and the game just doesn't look that fun to play. Didn't enjoy System Shock that much either.. I liked Deus Ex: Human Evolution a lot, but disliked Mankind Divided.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16508

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#45 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16508 Posts

@Litchie said:

I really want a sequel to Prey (2006). It was only an ok game, but I loved the concept of it. The atmosphere was awesome. I also thought the presentation they gave us of Prey 2 looked really cool.

Prey (2017) is probably a pretty good game, but it just doesn't interest me. The enemies look boring and annoying and the game just doesn't look that fun to play. Didn't enjoy System Shock that much either.. I liked Deus Ex: Human Evolution a lot, but disliked Mankind Divided.

Like i said its not suppose to be fun. it suppose to be immersive.

and how can you didnot enjoy System shock? its one of the best game ever made. and still most intelligent design game.

Prey 2006 was casual arcady run of the mill shooter.

Prey 2017 is actual hardcore and intellectual immersive sim.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

26783

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#46 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 26783 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

I really want a sequel to Prey (2006). It was only an ok game, but I loved the concept of it. The atmosphere was awesome. I also thought the presentation they gave us of Prey 2 looked really cool.

Prey (2017) is probably a pretty good game, but it just doesn't interest me. The enemies look boring and annoying and the game just doesn't look that fun to play. Didn't enjoy System Shock that much either.. I liked Deus Ex: Human Evolution a lot, but disliked Mankind Divided.

Like i said its not suppose to be fun. it suppose to be immersive.

and how can you didnot enjoy System shock? its one of the best game ever made. and still most intelligent design game.

Prey 2006 was casual arcady run of the mill shooter.

Prey 2017 is actual hardcore and intellectual immersive sim.

The game is not supposed to be fun?

Umm.. k. I play games to have fun though, but you do you.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

16508

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#47 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16508 Posts

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

I really want a sequel to Prey (2006). It was only an ok game, but I loved the concept of it. The atmosphere was awesome. I also thought the presentation they gave us of Prey 2 looked really cool.

Prey (2017) is probably a pretty good game, but it just doesn't interest me. The enemies look boring and annoying and the game just doesn't look that fun to play. Didn't enjoy System Shock that much either.. I liked Deus Ex: Human Evolution a lot, but disliked Mankind Divided.

Like i said its not suppose to be fun. it suppose to be immersive.

and how can you didnot enjoy System shock? its one of the best game ever made. and still most intelligent design game.

Prey 2006 was casual arcady run of the mill shooter.

Prey 2017 is actual hardcore and intellectual immersive sim.

The game is not supposed to be fun?

Umm.. k. I play games to have fun though, but you do you.

some games are suppose to be immersive. they put immersion.

Deus Ex 1 was not fun but it was immersive that is why to this day its best game ever made.

Avatar image for zmanbarzel
ZmanBarzel

2400

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 2400 Posts

A single-player game without a cinematic narrative released in the dead of Q2? The one bright side: it and other Bethesda sales disappointments inspired that "Oh god, we made you single-player games, why aren't you buying them?" mock commercial starring Lynda Carter.

Avatar image for flawlesspoop
FlawlessPoop

166

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 FlawlessPoop
Member since 2017 • 166 Posts

because it's boring, a boring ass version of system shock.

Avatar image for dxmcat
dxmcat

3385

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

perhaps cause it sucked.