Why the hell would anyone skip the PS5 if its just pure upgrade of the PS4?

  • 79 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

7812

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 7812 Posts

The PS5 is confirmed to play ps4 games so your library moves with you and everyone went PS4 due to the 2013 reveal of the xbox one. So you can trade in your ps4 for get a ps5 and you can still play all your old ps4 games on it without needing it anymore. The PS5 is a win win for everyone. The Xbox Two will be pointless it can't play your old PS4 games and your library won't move with you.

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

7836

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 7836 Posts

Admit it, you're a masochist.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

56842

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 56842 Posts

You shouldn't be allowed to make new threads. The PS5 hasn't been revealed, and yet you fellate the nearest Sony object... It's par-for-the-course with you.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

7812

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 7812 Posts

@lundy86_4: but Cerny said it would be BC with the ps4 :\

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

56842

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 56842 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

@lundy86_4: but Cerny said it would be BC with the ps4 :\

I'm shocked that you can't comprehend what i'm saying. Shocked, I tell you.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

5570

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5570 Posts

I'm skipping the whole gen.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

10451

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#7 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 10451 Posts

I'm sure that's why they've been working on BC. A "digital library" is much more common and, important nowadays. You shouldn't lose your digital goods.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

1648

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 1648 Posts

I’ll keep my pro and trade my x towards anaconda

Avatar image for npiet1
npiet1

3490

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3490 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I'm sure that's why they've been working on BC. A "digital library" is much more common and, important nowadays. You shouldn't lose your digital goods.

That's why I think they are doing BC too, well that and it's a lot easier than last time.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
Sevenizz

5761

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 5761 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Dumb thread. The ps3 could play ps2 titles and that had a rough launch.

And no - not ‘everyone’ went the ps4 route this gen. Not even close.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

32067

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 32067 Posts

“The Xbox Two will be pointless it can't play your old PS4 games and your library won't move with you.”

What the **** is this **** that I’m reading. Seriously. What. The. ****.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

56842

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 56842 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

“The Xbox Two will be pointless it can't play your old PS4 games and your library won't move with you.”

What the **** is this **** that I’m reading. Seriously. What. The. ****.

It's a @ProtossRushX thread. In other words, it makes no fucking sense lol.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

32067

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 32067 Posts

@lundy86_4: Yeah no kidding. Just when I think that he’s reached the bottom, he finds another level. ?

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
JoshRMeyer

10946

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 10946 Posts

The title is confusing. I'll be getting a ps5 for new exclusives to that system. It's nice my PS4 library will carry over(I have over 300 digital games). I only had a handful of digital PS3 games so it wasn't as important this gen. But I think you're right about the 100+ million PS4 owners buying a PS5. No one's gonna leave are those digital games behind for an Xbox. Same with Xbox owners. I expect a 2:1 ratio again in favor of the PS5... Maybe 3:1 since I've seen many people on here say they'll get one to play PS4 games on since they skipped this gen(mostly PC gamers).

Avatar image for thatdbfan
ThatDBFan

807

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By ThatDBFan
Member since 2019 • 807 Posts

Why on Earth did you make this thread?

You think gaming revolves around PS games? When a Nintendo fan an buys an Xbox, do they buy it because they care about if it'll play Nintendo games? The hell is this?

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

The PS5 is confirmed to play ps4 games so your library moves with you and everyone went PS4 due to the 2013 reveal of the xbox one. So you can trade in your ps4 for get a ps5 and you can still play all your old ps4 games on it without needing it anymore. The PS5 is a win win for everyone. The Xbox Two will be pointless it can't play your old PS4 games and your library won't move with you.

Xbox Anaconda is an upgrade to Xbox Scorpio.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

You shouldn't be allowed to make new threads. The PS5 hasn't been revealed, and yet you fellate the nearest Sony object... It's par-for-the-course with you.

Sony has revealed 8 core Zen v2 CPU for PS5.

---

AMD has revealed NAVI RX 5000 GPU series for PS5.

RX 5700 has similar chip area size to RX-480 "Polaris" and 7870 "Pitcairn" GPUs which are baseline GPU design for PS4 Pro and PS4 respectively.

GPU chip area size list

NVIDIA RSX = 258 mm2 for PS3

AMD RX-480 "Polaris" = 232 mm2 for PS4

AMD 7870 "Pitcairn" = 212 mm2 for PS4 Pro

AMD RX 5700 "NAVI ???" = 222.5mm2 (see reference note 1)

1. https://wccftech.com/amd-navi-rx-5700-is-only-the-mid-range-brings-rtx-2070-performance-at-half-the-die-size/

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2070.c3252

RTX 2070's 445 mm2 / 2 = 222.5 mm2

Sony is consistent with GPU selection chip area size.

PS5's GPU count be slightly larger due to semi-custom IP blocks from the next GPU design.

Sony mentions 8K which refers to HDMI 2.1's main feature. HDMI 2.1 also comes with AMD's FreeSync, hence locked 60 hz is not required.

---

Sony mentions ray-tracing with audio feature for PS5 which corresponds to AMD's Radeon Rays 3.0 "BHV search" enhancements with TrueAudio Next. https://gpuopen.com/gaming-product/true-audio-next/

  • The TAN library may be used in conjunction with Radeon Rays as foundational accelerated algorithms for a complete physics-based audio solution.

8 core Zen 2 chiplet size is about 70 mm2 https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9uskmh/zen_2_die_size/

PS5 doesn't need desktop Zen v2 PC's IO north-bridge chip.

PS5: 70 mm2 + 223 mm2 = 293‬ mm2 for AMD's main GPU and CPU IP blocks covered.

PS4 APU total area size = 348 mm2

PS4 Pro APU total area size = 321 mm2

Sony has a reasonable chip area budget for semi-custom designs e.g. 55 mm2 chip area for custom work e.g. ray-tracing accelerator or slightly larger NAVI GPU.

---

Xbox Scorpio APU has 359 mm2 chip area size with larger GPU in the 285 mm2 range.

Avatar image for jeezers
jeezers

5249

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#18 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5249 Posts

I'm switching from ps4 to xbox next gen, I miss halo and gears. My backlog is rediculous I'll proabably be playing the ps4 on off next couple years

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

3967

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#19 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 3967 Posts

I have a Ps4 Pro and will not be getting a Ps5 unless they have more titles that interest me. The only game I loved on Ps4 that I cannot get elsewhere is Ratchet and Clank (and it was a remake).

Not a great showing from Sony for me.

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
HalcyonScarlet

8770

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#20 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 8770 Posts

Why you care? People are going to get what's best for them.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#21 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

I have a Ps4 Pro and will not be getting a Ps5 unless they have more titles that interest me. The only game I loved on Ps4 that I cannot get elsewhere is Ratchet and Clank (and it was a remake).

Not a great showing from Sony for me.

CPU power difference has a greater impact on game-play simulation modelling when compare to GPU power scaling e.g. a PC with powerful Intel CPU with GeForce 920M GPU can play PC RTS game while it's very hard for Nintendo Switch and both devices has similar GPU power.

8 core Zen v2 at 3.2 Ghz has about 880 GFLOPS FP32 while 8 core Jaguar at 1.6 hz has about 110 GFLOPS FP32. Both CPUs support rapid pack maths with FP16. CPU power scale difference between PS4 vs PS5 is about 8X.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

26419

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 26419 Posts

Didn't get PS4. Very unlikely that I'll get a PS5, since PS has never had an interesting enough library to warrant owning one.

Avatar image for vaidream45
Vaidream45

2116

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

This is why you shouldn’t create threads while drunk...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

2814

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Because I was very disappointed with the PS4 and I promised myself that this time I will not buy the next Sony console until they give me a good reason to buy it. And the movie-games that Sony is obsessed with this generation is not going to do it for me. Hopefully next generation they start offering more variety if they want my money.

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

1289

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#25 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 1289 Posts

I am not going to scold any children today.

Avatar image for Planeforger
Planeforger

18394

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#26 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18394 Posts

My PS4 can already play PS4 games, so that's not a huge selling point.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

36722

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 36722 Posts

Must I?

Yes, it seems I must. lol :P

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

18755

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18755 Posts

I bought a launch ps4 and I'm skipping ps5 through the launch window. My reasons are that I simply like the switch better and I don't play the ps4 as much.

Avatar image for clone01
clone01

28358

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 28358 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

The PS5 is confirmed to play ps4 games so your library moves with you and everyone went PS4 due to the 2013 reveal of the xbox one. So you can trade in your ps4 for get a ps5 and you can still play all your old ps4 games on it without needing it anymore. The PS5 is a win win for everyone. The Xbox Two will be pointless it can't play your old PS4 games and your library won't move with you.

Are you seriously like this in real life?

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35133

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#30 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35133 Posts
@Random_Matt said:

I'm skipping the whole gen.

+1

I'll be upgrading my PC this year and won't be looking back.

Avatar image for blair5
Blair5

32

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#31 Blair5
Member since 2019 • 32 Posts

Some people just go with the flow if you know what I mean. For example Annie has completely working iPhone 7 but she wants XR because it's new and she wants to join the crowd :) At least I think so :)

Avatar image for Livecommander
Livecommander

1323

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

@mojito1988: sounds like you need to buy the switch if R&C is the only game that draws you in. (I love the series as well )

Plenty of games with the same vibe there. They just might not look as good.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

5570

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#33 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5570 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Random_Matt said:

I'm skipping the whole gen.

+1

I'll be upgrading my PC this year and won't be looking back.

Nice, I'm deciding what case I want. Wondering if it is worth splashing the cash for a Ghost S1.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35133

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35133 Posts

@Random_Matt: that looks really cool. How is the airflow and cooling?

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

32668

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 32668 Posts

@thatdbfan said:

Why on Earth did you make this thread?

You think gaming revolves around PS games? When a Nintendo fan an buys an Xbox, do they buy it because they care about if it'll play Nintendo games? The hell is this?

To enrage lemming and other xbox defenders and he quite succeed it doing so,even rondemencia is here...lol

@ronvalencia said:
@lundy86_4 said:

You shouldn't be allowed to make new threads. The PS5 hasn't been revealed, and yet you fellate the nearest Sony object... It's par-for-the-course with you.

Sony has revealed 8 core Zen v2 CPU for PS5.

---

AMD has revealed NAVI RX 5000 GPU series for PS5.

RX 5700 has similar chip area size to RX-480 "Polaris" and 7870 "Pitcairn" GPUs which are baseline GPU design for PS4 Pro and PS4 respectively.

GPU chip area size list

NVIDIA RSX = 258 mm2 for PS3

AMD RX-480 "Polaris" = 232 mm2 for PS4

AMD 7870 "Pitcairn" = 212 mm2 for PS4 Pro

AMD RX 5700 "NAVI ???" = 222.5mm2 (see reference note 1)

1. https://wccftech.com/amd-navi-rx-5700-is-only-the-mid-range-brings-rtx-2070-performance-at-half-the-die-size/

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2070.c3252

RTX 2070's 445 mm2 / 2 = 222.5 mm2

Sony is consistent with GPU selection chip area size.

PS5's GPU count be slightly larger due to semi-custom IP blocks from the next GPU design.

Sony mentions 8K which refers to HDMI 2.1's main feature. HDMI 2.1 also comes with AMD's FreeSync, hence locked 60 hz is not required.

---

Sony mentions ray-tracing with audio feature for PS5 which corresponds to AMD's Radeon Rays 3.0 "BHV search" enhancements with TrueAudio Next. https://gpuopen.com/gaming-product/true-audio-next/

  • The TAN library may be used in conjunction with Radeon Rays as foundational accelerated algorithms for a complete physics-based audio solution.

8 core Zen 2 chiplet size is about 70 mm2 https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9uskmh/zen_2_die_size/

PS5 doesn't need desktop Zen v2 PC's IO north-bridge chip.

PS5: 70 mm2 + 223 mm2 = 293‬ mm2 for AMD's main GPU and CPU IP blocks covered.

PS4 APU total area size = 348 mm2

PS4 Pro APU total area size = 321 mm2

Sony has a reasonable chip area budget for semi-custom designs e.g. 55 mm2 chip area for custom work e.g. ray-tracing accelerator or slightly larger NAVI GPU.

---

Xbox Scorpio APU has 359 mm2 chip area size with larger GPU in the 285 mm2 range.

Nothing you say here has do to with this thread and your incredible effort to make the xbox next look better totally failed.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

5570

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#36 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5570 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

@Random_Matt: that looks really cool. How is the airflow and cooling?

Well it would require an additional pieces to be stacked on the bottom and top (Costs more money). You can then have a 240 AIO in the bottom and fans in the top. As much as I prefer SFF, costs are spiralling past 300 euros, may look at the Ncase M1, A4-SFX or DA2 from Streacom.

Got till July to decide anyway.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

361

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#37 SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

The PS5 is confirmed to play ps4 games so your library moves with you and everyone went PS4 due to the 2013 reveal of the xbox one. So you can trade in your ps4 for get a ps5 and you can still play all your old ps4 games on it without needing it anymore. The PS5 is a win win for everyone. The Xbox Two will be pointless it can't play your old PS4 games and your library won't move with you.

I think you are in need of a medical check up of the psychiatry kind.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

56842

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 56842 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Well it would require an additional pieces to be stacked on the bottom and top (Costs more money). You can then have a 240 AIO in the bottom and fans in the top. As much as I prefer SFF, costs are spiralling past 300 euros, may look at the Ncase M1, A4-SFX or DA2 from Streacom.

Got till July to decide anyway.

That is a seriously nice case, but damn is it expensive. I do like how it's a small form-factor case, but still easily (and then some) accommodates full sized cards.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35133

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#39 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35133 Posts

@Random_Matt: I have a corsair case and am very happy with it. Great airflow and cooling. Plus it's the best looking case I've had so far.

Avatar image for sleepnsurf
sleepnsurf

3543

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#40 sleepnsurf
Member since 2009 • 3543 Posts
@Random_Matt said:

I'm skipping the whole gen.

I am too, library is too big. Need to beat some of these PS4 exclusives and many many multiplat gems.

Avatar image for calvincfb
Calvincfb

0

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#41 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

I can't understand what this thread is about.

Avatar image for calvincfb
Calvincfb

0

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#42 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

I can't understand what this thread is about.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

5570

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#43 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5570 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

@Random_Matt: I have a corsair case and am very happy with it. Great airflow and cooling. Plus it's the best looking case I've had so far.

If I stick to ATX, then it is the SL600M for me from Coolermaster, then I'll also accompany that with the ML360R.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

47934

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#44 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 47934 Posts

PS4 is a huge disappointment and ultimately has done nothing but collected dust for the last few months...basically since I purchased it. I used to say that I don't regret buying it, but wouldn't do it again; well, I definitely regret buying it. Played some of the exclusives and, frankly, SONY can take their exclusives and shove 'em right up their butts.

Anything that would convince me to buy a PS5 won't occur until well after release, so you can boast about its Navi this and 20 cores this and blah blah blah for all I care.

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
Kali-B1rd

2241

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

Because I'l probably use it a dozen times in 6 years again?

It's games will be streamable on PC anyway

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

43591

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#46 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 43591 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

PS4 is a huge disappointment and ultimately has done nothing but collected dust for the last few months...basically since I purchased it. I used to say that I don't regret buying it, but wouldn't do it again; well, I definitely regret buying it. Played some of the exclusives and, frankly, SONY can take their exclusives and shove 'em right up their butts.

Anything that would convince me to buy a PS5 won't occur until well after release, so you can boast about its Navi this and 20 cores this and blah blah blah for all I care.

This isn't talking about you in general, just that, whenever I see this type of comment, I always ask this question. What exactly are gamers looking for when purchasing PlayStation console? Out of all the exclusive games I played on PS4, it was indeed worth the price I paid for on launch day and while it does take a little longer for Sony releasing exclusives, the wait was worth it, I played awesome exclusives this gen had to offer and yes, they are a hit or a miss but rarely they were a miss.

I'm devoted to PC, I'm a gamer and I don't like missing anything that comes my way. But however, I can safely say that Nintendo Switch has been getting way more play then my PS4 as of now.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
ronvalencia

29612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#47 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@thatdbfan said:

Why on Earth did you make this thread?

You think gaming revolves around PS games? When a Nintendo fan an buys an Xbox, do they buy it because they care about if it'll play Nintendo games? The hell is this?

To enrage lemming and other xbox defenders and he quite succeed it doing so,even rondemencia is here...lol

@ronvalencia said:
@lundy86_4 said:

You shouldn't be allowed to make new threads. The PS5 hasn't been revealed, and yet you fellate the nearest Sony object... It's par-for-the-course with you.

Sony has revealed 8 core Zen v2 CPU for PS5.

---

AMD has revealed NAVI RX 5000 GPU series for PS5.

RX 5700 has similar chip area size to RX-480 "Polaris" and 7870 "Pitcairn" GPUs which are baseline GPU design for PS4 Pro and PS4 respectively.

GPU chip area size list

NVIDIA RSX = 258 mm2 for PS3

AMD RX-480 "Polaris" = 232 mm2 for PS4

AMD 7870 "Pitcairn" = 212 mm2 for PS4 Pro

AMD RX 5700 "NAVI ???" = 222.5mm2 (see reference note 1)

1. https://wccftech.com/amd-navi-rx-5700-is-only-the-mid-range-brings-rtx-2070-performance-at-half-the-die-size/

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2070.c3252

RTX 2070's 445 mm2 / 2 = 222.5 mm2

Sony is consistent with GPU selection chip area size.

PS5's GPU count be slightly larger due to semi-custom IP blocks from the next GPU design.

Sony mentions 8K which refers to HDMI 2.1's main feature. HDMI 2.1 also comes with AMD's FreeSync, hence locked 60 hz is not required.

---

Sony mentions ray-tracing with audio feature for PS5 which corresponds to AMD's Radeon Rays 3.0 "BHV search" enhancements with TrueAudio Next. https://gpuopen.com/gaming-product/true-audio-next/

  • The TAN library may be used in conjunction with Radeon Rays as foundational accelerated algorithms for a complete physics-based audio solution.

8 core Zen 2 chiplet size is about 70 mm2 https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9uskmh/zen_2_die_size/

PS5 doesn't need desktop Zen v2 PC's IO north-bridge chip.

PS5: 70 mm2 + 223 mm2 = 293‬ mm2 for AMD's main GPU and CPU IP blocks covered.

PS4 APU total area size = 348 mm2

PS4 Pro APU total area size = 321 mm2

Sony has a reasonable chip area budget for semi-custom designs e.g. 55 mm2 chip area for custom work e.g. ray-tracing accelerator or slightly larger NAVI GPU.

---

Xbox Scorpio APU has 359 mm2 chip area size with larger GPU in the 285 mm2 range.

Nothing you say here has do to with this thread and your incredible effort to make the xbox next look better totally failed.

Note the comment "The PS5 hasn't been revealed," You fail yet again.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

47934

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#48  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 47934 Posts

@davillain- said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

PS4 is a huge disappointment and ultimately has done nothing but collected dust for the last few months...basically since I purchased it. I used to say that I don't regret buying it, but wouldn't do it again; well, I definitely regret buying it. Played some of the exclusives and, frankly, SONY can take their exclusives and shove 'em right up their butts.

Anything that would convince me to buy a PS5 won't occur until well after release, so you can boast about its Navi this and 20 cores this and blah blah blah for all I care.

This isn't talking about you in general, just that, whenever I see this type of comment, I always ask this question. What exactly are gamers looking for when purchasing PlayStation console? Out of all the exclusive games I played on PS4, it was indeed worth the price I paid for on launch day and while it does take a little longer for Sony releasing exclusives, the wait was worth it, I played awesome exclusives this gen had to offer and yes, they are a hit or a miss but rarely they were a miss.

I'm devoted to PC, I'm a gamer and I don't like missing anything that comes my way. But however, I can safely say that Nintendo Switch has been getting way more play then my PS4 as of now.

I am definitely biased in favor of PC so the "best of _____" is always getting compared to the "best of PC", and frankly it never measures up.

With that said, I also recognize that bias and try to judge things on their own merit, which is all the more surprising that I find PS4 exclusives relatively boring. If you take away their production values and glitz and glamour, they are really shallow games. God of War is a walking simulator with occasional bits of combat, and way too frequent loading-screens-in-disguise. Horizon: Zero Dawn has an incredible first 10 hours but becomes toil after that; and I don't mean that I got bored with it, it just became a repetitive task and that is toil (my country has OSHA laws against that kind of stuff :D ). Spider-Man was good, but not as good as people made it out to be. There are some others that did not hold my attention.

I didn't buy my PS4 until about six months ago when I could get one really cheap, and I tried to give it a chance. I really did. I would not have spent the money on it if I was not interested, and I definitely did not want to waste my purchase so I played quite a few exclusives. But it's just boring to me.

That, and frankly I am a little too stubborn to get good at controllers; I just keep hearing in the back of my head "This would be easier and more fun with mouse and keyboard, this would be easier and more fun with mouse and keyboard, this would be easier...". Why the PS4 OS supports mouse and keyboard but the games do not, I will never understand.

TL;DR: to answer your question, I am looking for fun games. Games that put gameplay first. Games that don't rely on starpower, fads, tricks, gimmicks to bring in a crowd. The games on PS4 rarely seem to sell themselves; instead, it's always "so and so is making this game HYPE HYPE HYPE!" or "This game takes full advantage of *insert tech thing*" or "*random celebrity* is voicing the main character" or "Biggest open world to date".

This is already happening with PS5; people are too obsessed with technological key words and hyping the hell out of things they know nothing about to really think about the big picture. It's like going to a restaurant and getting excited for a meal because of the brand of stove the chef cooks on.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

43591

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#49 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 43591 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@davillain- said:

This isn't talking about you in general, just that, whenever I see this type of comment, I always ask this question. What exactly are gamers looking for when purchasing PlayStation console? Out of all the exclusive games I played on PS4, it was indeed worth the price I paid for on launch day and while it does take a little longer for Sony releasing exclusives, the wait was worth it, I played awesome exclusives this gen had to offer and yes, they are a hit or a miss but rarely they were a miss.

I'm devoted to PC, I'm a gamer and I don't like missing anything that comes my way. But however, I can safely say that Nintendo Switch has been getting way more play then my PS4 as of now.

I am definitely biased in favor of PC so the "best of _____" is always getting compared to the "best of PC", and frankly it never measures up.

With that said, I also recognize that bias and try to judge things on their own merit, which is all the more surprising that I find PS4 exclusives relatively boring. If you take away their production values and glitz and glamour, they are really shallow games. God of War is a walking simulator with occasional bits of combat, and way too frequent loading-screens-in-disguise. Horizon: Zero Dawn has an incredible first 10 hours but becomes toil after that; and I don't mean that I got bored with it, it just became a repetitive task and that is toil (my country has OSHA laws against that kind of stuff :D ). Spider-Man was good, but not as good as people made it out to be. There are some others that did not hold my attention.

I didn't buy my PS4 until about six months ago when I could get one really cheap, and I tried to give it a chance. I really did. I would not have spent the money on it if I was not interested, and I definitely did not want to waste my purchase so I played quite a few exclusives. But it's just boring to me.

That, and frankly I am a little too stubborn to get good at controllers; I just keep hearing in the back of my head "This would be easier and more fun with mouse and keyboard, this would be easier and more fun with mouse and keyboard, this would be easier...". Why the PS4 OS supports mouse and keyboard but the games do not, I will never understand.

TL;DR: to answer your question, I am looking for fun games. Games that put gameplay first. Games that don't rely on starpower, fads, tricks, gimmicks to bring in a crowd. The games on PS4 rarely seem to sell themselves; instead, it's always "so and so is making this game HYPE HYPE HYPE!" or "This game takes full advantage of *insert tech thing*" or "*random celebrity* is voicing the main character" or "Biggest open world to date".

This is already happening with PS5; people are too obsessed with technological key words and hyping the hell out of things they know nothing about to really think about the big picture. It's like going to a restaurant and getting excited for a meal because of the brand of stove the chef cooks on.

Now that's a good explanation and totally understandable about PS4 problem in ways. I don't often look harder on PS4 exclusives flaws, I like to play the game from start to finish and I will say, Horizon Zero Dawn is still my all time favorite PS4 game and nothing really comes to close to it, maybe God of War 4 & Spider-Man but that's about it and no, they aren't anything special, just good games I enjoy. I'm an all-around gamer from gameplay to cinematic & cinematic to gameplay.

About PS5, I too noticing console gamers are all over this 8K stuff and that's not something I care, I want to know about the games, what Sony has to offer PS5 and if this is all about 8K which they are trying to trick gamers, then I'm out. I want games, not high-end specs and I can get higher specs on my PC which I already have now.

(I wasn't expecting a reply but thanks)

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

32668

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 32668 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

PS4 is a huge disappointment and ultimately has done nothing but collected dust for the last few months...basically since I purchased it. I used to say that I don't regret buying it, but wouldn't do it again; well, I definitely regret buying it. Played some of the exclusives and, frankly, SONY can take their exclusives and shove 'em right up their butts.

Anything that would convince me to buy a PS5 won't occur until well after release, so you can boast about its Navi this and 20 cores this and blah blah blah for all I care.

Then get an xbox it will be so much better for you.

@ronvalencia said:

Note the comment "The PS5 hasn't been revealed," You fail yet again.

No you are the one that has failed but what else is new.

@mrbojangles25 said:

I am definitely biased in favor of PC so the "best of _____" is always getting compared to the "best of PC", and frankly it never measures up.

With that said, I also recognize that bias and try to judge things on their own merit, which is all the more surprising that I find PS4 exclusives relatively boring. If you take away their production values and glitz and glamour, they are really shallow games. God of War is a walking simulator with occasional bits of combat, and way too frequent loading-screens-in-disguise. Horizon: Zero Dawn has an incredible first 10 hours but becomes toil after that; and I don't mean that I got bored with it, it just became a repetitive task and that is toil (my country has OSHA laws against that kind of stuff :D ). Spider-Man was good, but not as good as people made it out to be. There are some others that did not hold my attention.

I didn't buy my PS4 until about six months ago when I could get one really cheap, and I tried to give it a chance. I really did. I would not have spent the money on it if I was not interested, and I definitely did not want to waste my purchase so I played quite a few exclusives. But it's just boring to me.

That, and frankly I am a little too stubborn to get good at controllers; I just keep hearing in the back of my head "This would be easier and more fun with mouse and keyboard, this would be easier and more fun with mouse and keyboard, this would be easier...". Why the PS4 OS supports mouse and keyboard but the games do not, I will never understand.

TL;DR: to answer your question, I am looking for fun games. Games that put gameplay first. Games that don't rely on starpower, fads, tricks, gimmicks to bring in a crowd. The games on PS4 rarely seem to sell themselves; instead, it's always "so and so is making this game HYPE HYPE HYPE!" or "This game takes full advantage of *insert tech thing*" or "*random celebrity* is voicing the main character" or "Biggest open world to date".

This is already happening with PS5; people are too obsessed with technological key words and hyping the hell out of things they know nothing about to really think about the big picture. It's like going to a restaurant and getting excited for a meal because of the brand of stove the chef cooks on.

That can be say about every game,if you do that with most PC games,you just get a truck load of rehash games that play about the same.

There is nothing grown breaking on PC or consoles but consoles for generations now had been running with the highest rated exclusives is no coincidence.

That bullshit a bout gameplay is play out,you people need to stop making shit up about Ps games having no gameplay,the games get hype because they deserve it,that is bullshit that die hard crying lemmings will use not PC gamers,a game is a game the fact that some PS4 exclusives get great scores mean they were great,people need to let go of the hate on high rated ps exclusives that score well,is not 1 source something are 90 or more with the same judgement.

This remind me how lemmings use to hype halo,gears forza because of the high 90's score,and how games like warhawk,the first uncharted,resistance were some how bad because they didn't reach 90,now this gen for them even Ryse is great some how with a score of 60.