Why the excitement for Killzone 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rykaziel
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
Even if the game ends up having to die for graphics, how does that make people believe that the game will be good?  The original was an average game, hardly worth buying, no better than Red Faction as a PS2 shooter, yet Sony fans throw out "Killzone 2" as a potential AAA title.  Has a game with a poor first showing EVER been followed up by a game that was completely and utterly stellar?  Nothing that really comes to my mind, but my knowledge of PC games is rather limited, so maybe something there. 

What I'm trying to say is, even if Killzone 2 achieved the graphics the in the E3 '05 trailer: so what?  The game was bad anyways, what is there to be excited about.  As a Sony fan, I'd probably hang my hat on the next Resistance, or Army of Two, rather than the "second try" at a mediocre franchise.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

We just all want to see if the trailer comes anywhere close to the graphics shown in the CGI trailer. Also Sony took over development of the game, they arnt just publishing it this time. The last Killzone game got a decent score, so that means they are improving.

tonemd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tonemd_basic
Member since 2003 • 1944 Posts
The hype for KZ2 was never really about the game. It was all about graphical fidelity to the impossible trailer Sony showed for it at E3. I think most of us are trying to see if the PS3 can push that level of graphics and animation in an actual gameplay experience. Whether the game comes loaded with features and great multiplayer to push it into GS AAA range is another story entirely.
ninjiijitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ninjiijitsu
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts
We just wanna know if ps3 can do better graphics than gears of war.
rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rykaziel

We just all want to see if the trailer comes anywhere close to the graphics shown in the CGI trailer. Also Sony took over development of the game, they arnt just publishing it this time. The last Killzone game got a decent score, so that means they are improving.

Wasdie
That's true, I hadn't really considered the PSP version, but it wasn't an FPS though was it? Seemed to me more like Full Spectrum Warrior than an FPS.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Because Killzone 1 was sooooooo good.
ungodlyabyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ungodlyabyss
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
The only things I did'nt like about the first killzone was the stupid acting.  The game was a blast.  If they can make the soryline and acting good then Killzone is going to be freakin awesome, I just want to see if they can pull it off.
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
Guerrilla have over 100 more people working on KZ2 than KZ1... and... They are outsourcing all the modeling and texturing to Massive Black Inc so they can put more focus on the engine and the gamplay. Although most people don't know about the outsourcing bit, so... I don't know why really, they just want to see it I guess.

Edit: I'm heading off now, so here's a link to MB's website/portfolio incase someone is interested- www.massiveblack.com
OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
why i dont understand is why u making a big deal bout it??? are u scared???
topcatyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 topcatyo
Member since 2006 • 1732 Posts

Killzone 1 wouldn't have been a bad game if it had a lot less bugs.

It also dragged on too long.  That and I kept dieing near the end of a level and had to start at the beginning.

But my brother says it's one of his favorite games, so the game didn't completely blow.  As I said, it just needed a lot of tweaking.

rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rykaziel
why i dont understand is why u making a big deal bout it??? are u scared??? OldParr
No, I just find it odd that Sony fans put so much effort behind defending/hyping a bad game. Why not focus more on Resistance or something.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

rykaziel
That's true, I hadn't really considered the PSP version, but it wasn't an FPS though was it? Seemed to me more like Full Spectrum Warrior than an FPS.

I was not sure about purchasing it, I mean, come on, Killzone. but I finally bought it. and it is amazing, arguably the best handheld shooter. and they recently added online play.

as for the hype, people they dont care about the gameplay and other stuff, they want to see Killzone's graphics. which in my opinion is sad.

PS3 lovers, just want to claim ownage if its good and PS3 haters just want to bash.

personally, I hope is great, CGI traile or not, if its great, I'll be happy.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
Because this game is a next gen SW icon.... it will really determine our fates. When the trailer shows up... one of the factions will definately be owned BADLY
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

We just wanna know if ps3 can do better graphics than gears of war.ninjiijitsu

Bingo

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

Because Killzone 1 was sooooooo good.DaysAirlines

KZ on PSP was even better

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Because this game is a next gen SW icon.... it will really determine our fates. When the trailer shows up... one of the factions will definately be owned BADLYTimesplitter14
agreed, all heck will break loose when the trailer is shown. but i have a question lets say killzone gets the great graphics, but what happens when this game scores well like some where between 7.5 to 8.5, and Halo 3 hits the 9s as expected. i would think it would still be ownage for sony fanboys because the hyped up halo killer is still not even close.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
Isn't it obvious by now? Cows get excited over mediocre games. How else could the PS3 even be doing as well as it is right now?
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Because Killzone 1 was sooooooo good.Blinblingthing

KZ on PSP was even better

that's really not saying much...:|
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]Because this game is a next gen SW icon.... it will really determine our fates. When the trailer shows up... one of the factions will definately be owned BADLYjg4xchamp
agreed, all heck will break loose when the trailer is shown. but i have a question lets say killzone gets the great graphics, but what happens when this game scores well like some where between 7.5 to 8.5, and Halo 3 hits the 9s as expected. i would think it would still be ownage for sony fanboys because the hyped up halo killer is still not even close.

yeah of course. The review will have the last word. But just imagine the situation here in SW if KZ2 outscores Halo 3... OMG I don't wanna be here (but I don't think this could ever happen)

2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Why the excitement for Halo 3?
Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts
I just want to know what happens after Killzone liberation.
Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts

Wasdie
The PSP version got AA everywhere and it was scored without the Multiplayer upgrade or Extras,other wise it would be a high AA or maybe low AAA.But the PS2 version flopped really hard.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]Because this game is a next gen SW icon.... it will really determine our fates. When the trailer shows up... one of the factions will definately be owned BADLYTimesplitter14

yeah of course. The review will have the last word. But just imagine the situation here in SW if KZ2 outscores Halo 3... OMG I don't wanna be here (but I don't think this could ever happen)

no i dont think it will. killzone one was a joke. im sorry that game was so bad. i mean there are a lot of GOOD FPS games. lots. all better than killzone. i think cows should look more forward to resistance3 2. that game was solid. not great, i mean i can still name better shooters, but the sequal has great potential. its story had a good concept but i dont think it really delivered in the first one. kinda like gears where the story is good its just it was delivered perfectly. as for killzone 2 i dont see this game being good at all. maybe high 7s tops.