why people say that Uncharted's gameplay is bad?

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Because lemming are desperate and saddest of all fanboy. They cannot admit greatness of any sony franchise so they make up problem.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#202  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

only people that haven't played it says that

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Not me. I like the UC series on the PS3. I felt the games were sort of shallow like a summer action flick. But, they're fun while they last.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

You know a game has bad gameplay when you have to continually have to adjust the default sensitivity settings. In games with good gameplay, I never have to even touch the settings. Uncharted's gunplay had no heft to it and has a very slippery feel. The multipayer was a joke with tons of ways to exploit it. It's like they didn't even try. The platforming was just boring. Continually pressing a button to have your character move all the way across a Cliff is painfully boring for my poor thumbs. Also given how linear the game was, platforming becomes even more tedious on additional playthroughs for trophies, since there is only one set path to go instead of multiple ways to reach an objective.

TC is salty because he is to blind to see what's beyond Nolan's voice, graphics and the hype.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@Cranler said:

@ActicEdge said:

RE4, a 10 year old game is still has way better gameplay than any Uncharted game. It also doesn't suck as to replay like every Uncharted game. Granted RE4 is one of the best games ever and Uncharted isn't but yeah. That's what good gameplay looks like in a TPS.

Uncharted 2 has same metacritic score as RE 4. Hows about we compare metacritics of both franchises?

Both may be tps but they are very different types of games. Some may prefer fighting enemies that arent zombies, enemies who actually take cover and shoot at you, flank and flush you with nades.

Lol, same metacritic score but RE4 got it from being revolutionary for TPS games, being tightly paced and well balanced, being replayable as hell and being a defining game and one of the best ever. Uncharted 2 got it through presentation. Let's be honest. Nothing about U2 is close to RE4 in terms of gameplay. Literally "Nothing". It's fine what you prefer but I was talking about why one game is an example of excellent gameplay and the other is an example of been there done that. Every gameplay element of RE4 is good. That's not true for U2 at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

UC games are good but certainly Not the greatest, but its definitely well made....that is, for it's graphics.

Pacing is a bit of snooze, and the heavy handed QTE, Puzzles and Cutscenes don't make up for it's quality graphics. Gameplay is just meh and there's nothing ground breaking about it, nor does it have REPLAY value. Played all 3 games once, and honestly never touch the game again. May take a crack at it again soon. The recent Tomb Raider from last year was more fun. Why is the cover system so stiff? That doesn't punctuate well when waves of enemies are coming at you. Gears of Wars' cover system is blisteringly fun and fast, yet it adds more tension to a firefight.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

@Cranler said:

@ActicEdge said:

RE4, a 10 year old game is still has way better gameplay than any Uncharted game. It also doesn't suck as to replay like every Uncharted game. Granted RE4 is one of the best games ever and Uncharted isn't but yeah. That's what good gameplay looks like in a TPS.

Uncharted 2 has same metacritic score as RE 4. Hows about we compare metacritics of both franchises?

Both may be tps but they are very different types of games. Some may prefer fighting enemies that arent zombies, enemies who actually take cover and shoot at you, flank and flush you with nades.

Lol, same metacritic score but RE4 got it from being revolutionary for TPS games, being tightly paced and well balanced, being replayable as hell and being a defining game and one of the best ever. Uncharted 2 got it through presentation. Let's be honest. Nothing about U2 is close to RE4 in terms of gameplay. Literally "Nothing". It's fine what you prefer but I was talking about why one game is an example of excellent gameplay and the other is an example of been there done that. Every gameplay element of RE4 is good. That's not true for U2 at all.

They're different types of games. I'm a huge fan of both being the open mined gamer I am.

Even though they're both tps they're very different so how can you say RE 4 has better gameplay? Can you objectively tell me that shooting virtual zombies is better than shooting virtual mercenaries? RE 4's braindead enemies vs Uncharted's unmatched ai?

Movement is an element of gameplay and the gimped movement is it's weakness. Every fps and tps should have strafing.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

lol tilt controller to aim grenades lol

lol bullet sponge enemies lol

lol shooters on a DS3 lol

lol uncharted multiplayer lol

lol Mems post

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#209  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Gue1: When some of the sheeps/lems saying to you that UC has crappy gameplay ask them a question. Ask them to name you a better gameplay game under same genre than UC overall , in every aspect. And that ends the conversations because they cant come up with something therefore for its genre UC is as good as all other games around or even better when you see the whole package.

So , let the haters hate. Talking about cinematic presentations are crappy and gameplay is all that matters....and then all sheeps shit their pants with Zelda Wii U E3 trailer which was an ...in game cinematic like presentation !! I mean , the hypocrisy to max !

only.... your wrong.

Gameplay (Shooting/TPS mechanics) hands down Gears of War and Vanguard...... by far more suitable for both SP and MP games. even Tomb Raider (Modern) had better gunplay and more variety in what you could do... and stealth that actually works.

Graphics - Gears for its time is what Uncharted was for its time. (original gears of war)

MP - Gears of War.

A big Difference between hyping a concept video of a series known for a fantastic gameplay experience .. and not accepting the reality that Uncharted as games have very little substance outside of their presentation.

I can't believe you live under a rock like this...... you can prefer uncharted... but objectivly speaking most people looking at a gameplay mechanics standpoint would say that Tomb Raider had a damn lot more going for it than uncharted... let alone anything else.... but alas graphics/michael bay was more important to the casual console AAA junky hype bandwagoners I didn't expect anything different.

No you are wrong , GoW and Vanguard ( second account? ) are third person shooters , action based , UC is far more than that. In its core it has way more things to do , design wise AND action wise than simply shoot. You are OUT of your mind if you comparing an action-Adventure shooter with platforming elements to a traditional third person shooter... And thats all there is to it. It amazes me you calling a pew pew game better gameplay ... Wth are you smoking people !

The platforming/puzzle elements are pretty much window dressing. It's a TPS at its core.

You CANT directly call it TPS and that it. Its Action - ADVENTURE with platform elements TPS. NOT traditional action -TPS as GeoW which is your typical pew pew ! ..what is so difficult to understand , i dont get it.

There is no adventuring or exploration in Uncharted. When control is completely given to you it's to shoot a bunch of enemies in a room. When 95% of what you do in a game is third person shooting, I'm inclined to call it a TPS.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

gameplay? i thought it was a movie holy SHIT!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

well you never were too bright

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#212 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Well when you go back to replay Uncharted, you certainly don't go back to replay it for the gameplay. You replay it for the story.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Jankarcop said:

well you never were too bright

says my biggest fanboy

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#214 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

The core gameplay is just average but game is basically full of cutscenes after cutecenes.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#215  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Gue1: When some of the sheeps/lems saying to you that UC has crappy gameplay ask them a question. Ask them to name you a better gameplay game under same genre than UC overall , in every aspect. And that ends the conversations because they cant come up with something therefore for its genre UC is as good as all other games around or even better when you see the whole package.

So , let the haters hate. Talking about cinematic presentations are crappy and gameplay is all that matters....and then all sheeps shit their pants with Zelda Wii U E3 trailer which was an ...in game cinematic like presentation !! I mean , the hypocrisy to max !

only.... your wrong.

Gameplay (Shooting/TPS mechanics) hands down Gears of War and Vanguard...... by far more suitable for both SP and MP games. even Tomb Raider (Modern) had better gunplay and more variety in what you could do... and stealth that actually works.

Graphics - Gears for its time is what Uncharted was for its time. (original gears of war)

MP - Gears of War.

A big Difference between hyping a concept video of a series known for a fantastic gameplay experience .. and not accepting the reality that Uncharted as games have very little substance outside of their presentation.

I can't believe you live under a rock like this...... you can prefer uncharted... but objectivly speaking most people looking at a gameplay mechanics standpoint would say that Tomb Raider had a damn lot more going for it than uncharted... let alone anything else.... but alas graphics/michael bay was more important to the casual console AAA junky hype bandwagoners I didn't expect anything different.

No you are wrong , GoW and Vanguard ( second account? ) are third person shooters , action based , UC is far more than that. In its core it has way more things to do , design wise AND action wise than simply shoot. You are OUT of your mind if you comparing an action-Adventure shooter with platforming elements to a traditional third person shooter... And thats all there is to it. It amazes me you calling a pew pew game better gameplay ... Wth are you smoking people !

The platforming/puzzle elements are pretty much window dressing. It's a TPS at its core.

You CANT directly call it TPS and that it. Its Action - ADVENTURE with platform elements TPS. NOT traditional action -TPS as GeoW which is your typical pew pew ! ..what is so difficult to understand , i dont get it.

There is no adventuring or exploration in Uncharted. When control is completely given to you it's to shoot a bunch of enemies in a room. When 95% of what you do in a game is third person shooting, I'm inclined to call it a TPS.

Go google then since it seems you only disagree , and tell them all wrong !! Its TPS , what TPS though ? RPG ? Action ? Action/Adventure ? Denial is denial just to disagree !! Worst case scenario you are... Let your ego go and accept the facts for once , ffs... Just google since you cant see the adventure elements of it , or go to developers page or WHATEVER !!! I had enough hahaha!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Not that he isn't obviously trolling, but I don't even know why it even matters what genre he wants to put it in?

The logical fallacy here is that "insert genre label" absolves a game of any short coming in game mechanics. I say this as someone that thinks Uncharted 2 actually plays really well.

But lets say Uncharted 2 was a "whatever the **** genre you deem appropriate"

-That wouldn't change the fact that puzzles can be solved by a 4 year old and aren't satisfying
-That wouldn't change the fact that some people don't like the enemy AI and find it unimpressive, nor the enemy variety
-That wouldn't change the idea that the contextual platforming is poor(Though this is the king of first world problems complaints people have against the game, it's entirely there for the sake moment to moment traversal, it's not meant to be anything else, so I don't get the value in bitching about this like a child).

Just because you fall into a genre, doesn't mean you get excused for attempting gameplay elements, and then doing them poorly. No amount of "mass effect is a rpg" overrules the fact that shooting gameplay in that series is fucking pathetic. Same rules would apply here. But the kicker fallacy is this. If the rest of the genre is weak, then this must be great. NO, it doesn't. All that does is point out that the competition in the genre is weak to begin with. Because there are such things as gaming genres where the standards simply aren't that impressive.

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

@jg4xchamp

Well said, Uncharted's elements of play are all average (shooting, platforming, puzzle solving and adventuring). I would rather a game have one element of play that is satisfying, then have a cumbersome of play-types that are tedious and cheap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Go google then since it seems you only disagree , and tell them all wrong !! Its TPS , what TPS though ? RPG ? Action ? Action/Adventure ? Denial is denial just to disagree !! Worst case scenario you are... Let your ego go and accept the facts for once , ffs... Just google since you cant see the adventure elements of it , or go to developers page or WHATEVER !!! I had enough hahaha!

Your not very bright are you? your chararacter goes on an adventure and focuses on TPS... an action adventure TPS is still a damn TPS and it doesn't change the fact that your still friggin playing a TPS 90% of the time.

Hell, I don't know why you think you are one upping anyway here.... you've tried to compare 2 companies that make very different games then you hypocritically try to find reasons to not compare Uncharted to other TPS games that do it better.... nevermind the objective facts of Tomb Raider's gameplay superiority.

Hell... most of the people who are not even argueing with you in this thread admit they don't play Uncharted for its gameplay.

95 meta game of the year whatever.... any game that doesn't accelerate at gameplay and gets that status gets in on graphic whoring. If its visuals were not as impressive as they were it would of been cast aside as a mediocre indie/tomb raider clone... because funnily enough... it is in the gameplay department.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

The thing is most if not all TPSs are just like Uncharted. Most of the time you just shoot bullet spongy bad guys, like in Gears Of Warfor example I actually think it's way worse than Uncharted since the only thing you do is literally shoot and take cover and nothing more to it.

Anyway i like Uncharted's gameplay it's no way near spectacular but it fits the game, it fits the pacing.

Also I find it hilarious that you guys criticize Uncharted for having too many cutscene.Yet, you praise Max Payne 3 which has way more cutscenes that are unskippable and interrupt the gameplay consistently.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#220 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Telekill said:

Those people have either never played it, are just trying to get to you or both.

The biggest issue with multiplayer in Naughty Dog games is that they tend not to fix glitches that people take advantage of. If everyone on the server is playing the way it was meant to be played, then the match will be a lot of fun.

Trusting human beings that can hide behind a screen name to have integrity? LOL

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#221 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@clone01 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@clone01 said:

For the same reason people say Gears gameplay is bad, or Mario Galaxy gameplay is bad. Its fine if someone legitimately doesn't like how a game plays, but a lot of the criticism is just fanboys being fanboys.

I don't think I've actually ever heard anyone ever say Mario Galaxy's gameplay is bad.

I have, and its almost always unwarranted. But you understand my basic point.

Yeah, I get your point. Calling Uncharted's gameplay bad does indeed show a lack of perspective. I mean, one can definitely argue that it's not great, but bad is going too far.

Which is at times the funniest and most frustrating things people say here. The exaggeration is ridiculous. Especially in graphics comparisons and games overall rating/enjoyability. So many games that dont score an 8 or better are said to suck, and well we all know the graphics ones.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#222 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

You can't please everyone.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#223 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Linear climbing chores with highlights to show you where to go plus delayed input response time (lag) for shooting segments.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By AzatiS

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Your not very bright are you? your chararacter goes on an adventure and focuses on TPS... an action adventure TPS is still a damn TPS and it doesn't change the fact that your still friggin playing a TPS 90% of the time.

Hell, I don't know why you think you are one upping anyway here.... you've tried to compare 2 companies that make very different games then you hypocritically try to find reasons to not compare Uncharted to other TPS games that do it better.... nevermind the objective facts of Tomb Raider's gameplay superiority.

Hell... most of the people who are not even argueing with you in this thread admit they don't play Uncharted for its gameplay.

95 meta game of the year whatever.... any game that doesn't accelerate at gameplay and gets that status gets in on graphic whoring. If its visuals were not as impressive as they were it would of been cast aside as a mediocre indie/tomb raider clone... because funnily enough... it is in the gameplay department.

You tard , you are the one isnt as bright as he sounds !! They talking about UC NOT HAVING adventure elements AT ALL , all im saying is it has !! Im not saying is not TPS ffs !! rofl you troll , try harder please ...!! hahaha...

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#225  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

What the **** is with all these ellipses?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Pikminmaniac

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

You tard , you are the one isnt as bright as he sounds !! They talking about UC NOT HAVING adventure elements AT ALL , all im saying is it has !! Im not saying is not TPS ffs !! rofl you troll , try harder please ...!! hahaha...

Then tell me oh wise AzatiS, what gameplay element in Uncharted denotes adventuring? As far as I could tell in my play through of Uncharted 2, I didn't do any exploration.

IMHO video game genres should be determined by the gameplay and "adventure" suggests a level of exploration. This is found in Metroid, Darksiders, The batman Arkham games and Zelda. Uncharted merely TELLS you you're on an adventure and then puts you in a series of shootouts and gameplay dead areas like the ice cave with Tenzen for example. There isn't any more adventure in Uncharted than the general TPS or FPS

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Then tell me oh wise AzatiS, what gameplay element in Uncharted denotes adventuring? As far as I could tell in my play through of Uncharted 2, I didn't do any exploration.

IMHO video game genres should be determined by the gameplay and "adventure" suggests a level of exploration. This is found in Metroid, Darksiders, The batman Arkham games and Zelda. Uncharted merely TELLS you you're on an adventure and then puts you in a series of shootouts and gameplay dead areas like the ice cave with Tenzen for example. There isn't any more adventure in Uncharted than the general TPS or FPS

True, it's all shoehorned but people like him mistake some limited linear platforming sections in lush scenery for an adventure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

don't waste your time, its like talking to a brick wall... maybe thats giving him too much credit. "buh buh it has action adventure"

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Its not bad, but its not very good either.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By AzatiS

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Oh my god , again this guy ... Ill tell you again ... UNCHARTED , you hear that , IS .... ACTION-ADVENTURE TPS !! Can you read that ? Ok , next ---> IT HAS PLATFORM ELEMENTS ALSO (caps to emphasize so you can read ) .. Ok with that ? Now go to the damn google or whenever you want if you cant even tell where are the adventure elements of UC and tell them the crap you just said me , tell them you are wrong , you are idiots , tell that to ND themselfs ...!! Just leave me alone !! you getting annoying !! daaamn!! That ego ffs !! You were wrong !! IT HAD adventure elements as well , period !! Live with it or gtfo!! Go ask someone else if what im saying doesnt make sense to you ! Daaaamn sheeps!!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By AzatiS
@MBirdy88 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

don't waste your time, its like talking to a brick wall... maybe thats giving him too much credit. "buh buh it has action adventure"

Actually , im wasting my time answering to fanboys and haters....and gamers that dont even know what they playing !! But but is TPS is TPS , oh really? ND is all about UC , nothing else and UC is baaad baad ... hahaha !! Gtfo pricks!

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Pikminmaniac

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Oh my god , again this guy ... Ill tell you again ... UNCHARTED , you hear that , IS .... ACTION-ADVENTURE TPS !! Can you read that ? Ok , next ---> IT HAS PLATFORM ELEMENTS ALSO (caps to emphasize so you can read ) .. Ok with that ? Now go to the damn google or whenever you want if you cant even tell where are the adventure elements of UC and tell them the crap you just said me , tell them you are wrong , you are idiots , tell that to ND themselfs ...!! Just leave me alone !! you getting annoying !! daaamn!! That ego ffs !! You were wrong !! IT HAD adventure elements as well , period !! Live with it or gtfo!! Go ask someone else if what im saying doesnt make sense to you ! Daaaamn sheeps!!

You should probably try backing up what you say instead of thinking that everything you say will automatically be taken as fact.

Tell me with specific examples why you feel Uncharted has adventure elements and I'll reply to you respectfully. Continue the way your are now and I will ignore you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Actually , im wasting my time answering to fanboys and haters....and gamers that dont even know what they playing !! But but is TPS is TPS , oh really? ND is all about UC , nothing else and UC is baaad baad ... hahaha !! Gtfo pricks!

1) Nobody said Uncharted was overall bad. just gameplay is not its strong point.

2) I dont see how you cant call it a TPS when you call it a TPS yourselve.... an action adventure TPS is still a TPS, it works both ways. and the majority of the game is shooting... with abit of platforming inbetween. Its main focus is TPS. the entire multiplayer revolves around it.

your all rant about ego.... how ironic.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By AzatiS

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

You should probably try backing up what you say instead of thinking that everything you say will automatically be taken as fact.

Tell me with specific examples why you feel Uncharted has adventure elements and I'll reply to you respectfully. Continue the way your are now and I will ignore you.

Im not saying more because you denying every single sentence im making since forever ( you do that in other posts/topics as well as long as you dont agree !! ). Go google and learn where are they , ask ND to tell you , im done !!! This is getting nowhere !! You said there none , i say there IS !! Where ?Play the game and if you cant see where or how ... google ! Do the same for Platform elements of the game. Do the same for overall design ! Just let it go , can you !!!? This is getting ridiculous and no ill ignore you ( the first guy since 2004 ) if you continue this !!

To summarize , I like UC as it is . Its the best there is for its genre? Maybe not , depends what you prefer in the end of the day , but far from bad or just average ... Its an action/Adventure TPS ( google it ) with some platforming here and there ( google it ) , i think ND >> This specific Nintendo division and not Nintendo as a whole , ND had more blockbuster games than UC and multiawarding games , i dont get this hate over UC , It won countless awards for a reason , its my opinion you dont have to agree with it ( im telling this like 10th time now? ) ... I beleive UC is a great representative for its genre ... and im out !!! I dont care what you think what you beleive what you dont like ... I just dont anymore !! Thats all !

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Im not saying more because you denying every single sentence im making since forever ( you do that in other posts/topics as well as long as you dont agree !! ). Go google and learn where are they , ask ND to tell you , im done !!! This is getting nowhere !! You said there none , i say there IS !! Where ?Play the game and if you cant see where or how ... google ! Do the same for Platform elements of the game. Do the same for overall design ! Just let it go , can you !!!? This is getting ridiculous

"An action-adventure game (also known as "arcade adventure game") is a video game that combines elements of the adventure gamegenre with various action game elements. It is perhaps the broadest and most diverse genre in gaming, and can include many games which might better be categorized under narrow genres. The first known game in this genre is the Atari 2600 game Adventure (1979).[1]

With the decline of the adventure game genre from mainstream popularity, the use of the term (and the hybrid term "action-adventure") has been more liberal. It is not uncommon for gamers to apply the term "adventure" or "action adventure" to describe the genre of fiction to which a game belongs, and not the gameplay itself."

did I really have to find a quote for you to work it out? hes on an adventure, the action-adventure label is the fiction, the Third Person Shooter label IS BECAUSE THE GAME IS A THIRD PERSON SHOOTER.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By AzatiS

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

1) Nobody said Uncharted was overall bad. just gameplay is not its strong point.

2) I dont see how you cant call it a TPS when you call it a TPS yourselve.... an action adventure TPS is still a TPS, it works both ways. and the majority of the game is shooting... with abit of platforming inbetween. Its main focus is TPS. the entire multiplayer revolves around it.

1) you called it average or even bad

2) I called it TPS but its more than your typical action TPS you trying to compare it with ... Period !! Keep trolling ego kido. In the end of the day youll compare Mass Effect with Gears of war and Dead Space ... rofl... All TPS but ... way different on so many elements is not even fair to ! Period

If you cant understand this , im sad ! really i am . In fact i am so sad about you that i hope you trolling me and you dont mean the things youve said till now. Period

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

2) I called it TPS but its more than your typical action TPS you trying to compare it with ... Period !! Keep trolling ego kido. In the end of the day youll compare Mass Effect with Gears of war and Dead Space ... rofl... All TPS but ... way different on so many elements is not even fair to ! Period

If you cant understand this , im sad ! really i am . In fact i am so sad about you that i hope you trolling me and you dont mean the things youve said till now. Period

Difference between Mass Effect and Uncharted is night and day. Mass Effect has heavy enphasis on RPG... Uncharted scraps some climbing sequences and what 3 puzzles in a 10 hour game which is mostly shooting.

but yea, you can compare the gunplay gameplay of mass effect to any other TPS.... and not make foolish excuses for it being poor in that department , you know, be honest with yourself. the whole point of this was expressing that uncharted had poor gunplay, and since the majority of the game was gunplay, it had poor gameplay compared to other TPS games.

and you hid behind a "sum of its parts" excuse. time to get over it and fess up... you seem really upset.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By AzatiS

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Difference between Mass Effect and Uncharted is night and day. Mass Effect has heavy enphasis on RPG... Uncharted scraps some climbing sequences and what 3 puzzles in a 10 hour game which is mostly shooting.

but yea, you can compare the gunplay gameplay of mass effect to any other TPS.... and not make foolish excuses for it being poor in that department , you know, be honest with yourself. the whole point of this was expressing that uncharted had poor gunplay, and since the majority of the game was gunplay, it had poor gameplay compared to other TPS games.

and you hid behind a "sum of its parts" excuse. time to get over it and fess up... you seem really upset.

You dont get it do you ? Im speaking about different design approach under TPS umbrella . As ME is an RPG action TPS , UC is an action/Adventure with platform elements TPS and GeoW is a traditional action TPS. With your logic youll start to compare all TPS because are .... TPS at their core ... Thats not how i judge games , sorry !! IF you do that fine ! I dont ! And thats where it ends !!

If you getting mad or upset with my opinion , i cant do anything else for you !! Dead space is better than GeoW !! ... but but .. DS is TPS !! That wont work with me , sorry !

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

The thing is most if not all TPSs are just like Uncharted. Most of the time you just shoot bullet spongy bad guys, like in Gears Of War for example I actually think it's way worse than Uncharted since the only thing you do is literally shoot and take cover and nothing more to it.

Anyway i like Uncharted's gameplay it's no way near spectacular but it fits the game, it fits the pacing.

Also I find it hilarious that you guys criticize Uncharted for having too many cutscene.Yet, you praise Max Payne 3 which has way more cutscenes that are unskippable and interrupt the gameplay consistently.

You've obviously never played Gears.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

You dont get it do you ? Im speaking about different design approach under TPS umbrella . As ME is an RPG action TPS , UC is an action/Adventure with platform elements TPS and GeoW is a traditional action TPS. With your logic youll start to compare all TPS because are .... TPS at their core ... Thats not how i judge games , sorry !! IF you do that fine ! I dont ! And thats where it ends !!

If you getting mad or upset with my opinion , i cant do anything else for you !! Dead space is better than GeoW !! ... but but .. DS is TPS !! That wont work with me , sorry !

Oh please, this entire conversation has boiled down to you saying "Oh because it has "LOL adventure elements LOL" its ok for the game to have poor gunplay, even though 80-90% of the game is gunplay" . that is all that was originally disputed, you can hide behind the additional label. but even games like Mass Effect had friggin more variety in its gunplay.

Uncharted is friggin mediocre in its biggest gameplay element, accept the reality, stop hiding behind your little excuses. ITs a graphic whore focused franchise. If it didn't have its graphics, it would have nowhere close to the pedegree that it does now.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@AzatiS

Why do you keep using the word "Action" ?

"Action" Adventure TPS, "Action" RPG TPS," Action" TPS

the Shooting is the Action.... Putting Action plus shoot/platform/fight/race/melee in the same sentence is redundant, Uncharted is not an "Action" Adventure TPS..... Thats a redundant description, which I assume you made up just for the sole purpose to avoid comparing it with games with good gameplay.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#242 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

@lostrib: The only QTE style gameplay that I recall in any of the 3 titles was when you'd have to mash the Triangle button in order to open a door or some such contraption. If thats what youre talking about, then almost every single game is full of QTE's...

Anyway, I loved the series and Im very excited for A Thiefs End, but I will admit the subtitle is pretty ominous. I dont really like the sound of it, lol.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 lostrib

@xone_shotx91 said:

@lostrib: The only QTE style gameplay that I recall in any of the 3 titles was when you'd have to mash the Triangle button in order to open a door or some such contraption. If thats what youre talking about, then almost every single game is full of QTE's...

Anyway, I loved the series and Im very excited for A Thiefs End, but I will admit the subtitle is pretty ominous. I dont really like the sound of it, lol.

No, that's not what I'm talking about

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 XOne_ShotX91

@lostrib: Care to elaborate because, after thinking further, the only QTE's I can think of were at the very end of Drakes Fortune when fighting Nevaro, and when the enemies across all 3 titles try to grab you.

Once again, thats in alot of games and nobody would call the many titles theyre in a QTE Game. Quit being vague and actually explain what QTE's youre talking about before people start getting the impression that you havent even played them. Thanks.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By lostrib

@xone_shotx91 said:

@lostrib: Care to elaborate because, after thinking further, the only QTE's I can think of were at the very end of Drakes Fortune when fighting Nevaro, and when the enemies across all 3 titles try to grab you.

Once again, thats in alot of games and nobody would call the many titles theyre in a QTE Game. Quit being vague and actually explain what QTE's youre talking about before people start getting the impression that you havent even played them. Thanks.

I gave examples in another post. My comment wasn't that UC was QTE heavy, but rather that the TC was completely wrong in his assertion: "I see many people saying that Uncharted games are all QTE, even though they have none."

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 XOne_ShotX91

@lostrib: Well then, I apologize. I wasnt going to look through 240+ comments just to look for your examples but I did misread your OP.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By AzatiS

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@AzatiS said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

only.... your wrong.

MP - Gears of War.

Oh please, this entire conversation has boiled down to you saying "Oh because it has "LOL adventure elements LOL" its ok for the game to have poor gunplay, even though 80-90% of the game is gunplay" . that is all that was originally disputed, you can hide behind the additional label. but even games like Mass Effect had friggin more variety in its gunplay.

Uncharted is friggin mediocre in its biggest gameplay element, accept the reality, stop hiding behind your little excuses. ITs a graphic whore focused franchise. If it didn't have its graphics, it would have nowhere close to the pedegree that it does now.

Omfg , you still talking !! I said over and over. .. Its my opinion , if you dont like UC for X reasons doesnt mean i need to go by that nor that is how things are !! Its just your opinion which i dont agree !! This special attention towards me makes me feel special !!! What kind of ego is that is beyond me ... Let it go !! You wont change my mind over how i see things !!

Keep hating UC and whoever finds it solid , call it average , call it bad , call it whore focused , say it has no adventure or platform elements , say RE 5 is better ( how many ridiculous things i heard in this thread is beyond fanboyism ) ... Say whatever you want !! My opinion wont change !! So why dont you move on , are you in love with me or what ? What excuses ? What the heck !!

Ok ok , lets play your ego game so you let it go.

" UC is the worst on its genre , awards were flukes , Mass Effect was better TPS , UC is only graphics , UC metacritic scores are fraud " How you feel now ? Now can you let it go already or youll keep mumbling ?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By AzatiS
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

Why do you keep using the word "Action" ?

"Action" Adventure TPS, "Action" RPG TPS," Action" TPS

the Shooting is the Action.... Putting Action plus shoot/platform/fight/race/melee in the same sentence is redundant, Uncharted is not an "Action" Adventure TPS..... Thats a redundant description, which I assume you made up just for the sole purpose to avoid comparing it with games with good gameplay.

Yeah , i made it up in my mind !!Theres no such thing as action tps !! Dead Space is the same action oriented to Gears of war or Vanq ... Exactly the same !! Sorry i wont do that again !

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@AzatiS

I didn't say anything about simular actions in other games... I was merely talking about the way you describe games.... Theres no reason to describe something both as "Action" and "TPS" in the same term, its either one or the other, The TPS in Gears of War and Uncharted is the Action thats being performed so we don't call it an "Action TPS", its just TPS, you may add whatever idiosyncracies you want like Squad Based Cover TPS, or Survival Horror TPS, or Tower Defense TPS see, theres no Redundancy, but "Action + TPS" is redundant if you already have "Action" in there then you can drop the "TPS" and Vice Versa.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#250 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

The puzzles practically solve themselve. Here's your journal, it tells you EXACTLY what to do.

And I personally don't like the shooting at all. The enemies in the first game were bullet sponges, it was ridiculous. This was more of an issue in the first game but the Uncharted games have a knack for throwing absurd amounts of enemies at the player. With the amount of guys Nathan has killed you'd think he'd has PTSD. It's just once you finish one wave another comes in, then another, then another. It's tireless and considering that the shooting isn't that great, the weapons are very standard for a shooter and the enemies aren't that interesting it feels more like a chore.

The hand to hand combat rarely is the focal point and even then it's really shallow. Just keep punching till the guy duys, hit triangle or circle when prompted.

So the puzzle solve themselves and the com isn't anything special... What's so great about this series. Pretty much the graphics and the cut scenes. I don't think the first one was even that good in that respect but the universal praise the second one got was what kept me going just so play the second one. And the cut scenes were what kept me going in 2. If it weren't for that error on the PSN store during e3 week where you could download Uncharted 3 for free I would have NEVER played it.

Uncharted 3 was my favorite, actually. I liked how they handeled Sully, I thought the part where Nathan was wandering the desert really effectively conveyed a sense of desperation and hopelessness until they ruined it with Nathan suddenly having the energry to bassically murder a small armada, the "puzzles" were marginally more challenging and there were a few parts that focused on melee combat. But it still had all the same flaws of any other Uncharted game and I am extremely glad that I didn't actually to play that game.