Why PC is better then a console, CHOICE!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

I'm pretty sure that a £200 PC can run games at low settings with 30-35fps and would still look better than consoles.

So consolites, care to explain why you think consoles are cheaper?

GamerwillzPS

Maybe it would look better, but not by a whole lot. 1080p would be a good thing but that isn't factored into the price of £200. Honestly a £200 PC is NOT worth the money as it would be quickly outdated.

PC gaming IS expensive and I hate when people downplay that. It's more hardware expensive than consoles by far, but the thing is I don't find it a waste of money. If you do then that would explian why some people don't game on PC. it's not for them. But PC gaming IS for me and I don't need to justify the prices, it's well worth it IMO.

PC gaming is not more expensive than console gaming.

A couple of reasons:-

• Console games are priced higher.
  • Console hardware are usually unreliable, so you'd be spending money on replacement consoles every 2 years.

Therefore, if you look at it for the long run, PC gaming is nicer for your wallet.

This contradicts the narrative that console gamers are poor.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic1564"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Every 2 years? Good grief...GamerwillzPS

I still have my first 360 up and running for more than two years from 2010. Still have no problems with it other than the disk tray.

Disc tray? On PC, just take it out and spend £18 for a new one. On 360, buy a whole new console for £180 just for the sake of a disc tray!

See what I mean?

My friend had a 360 and the disc tray wouldn't work, he sent it to MS and they fixed it for free. He just paid for shipping and they even gave him 2 months free gold membership online when theys ent it back.

mrfrosty151986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 mrfrosty151986
Member since 2012 • 533 Posts

Most house hold need a PC for home office and home work duties, the pice difference between your average office PC and mid-range gaming PC is not much... So when you factor in th cost that way it's cheaper then a console.

£400 office PC + £400 next generation console = £800 out lay

You could build a mid range to high end system for that....

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Dat ass.seanmcloughlin

You gotta shake things up, and bounce back in place with beautiful female sigs, otherwise Salty's female ass signature is gonna steal your place.

Nah, freedomfreak has more class than that. His sigs are tasteful and not only about the girl but the composition of the shots and the style of the shots are much more elegant. MOst guys here have lame female sigs that just show T&A without trying. We could all do that if we wanted. But it's tacky.

Freedomfreak will always have the best female sigs to me because they leave more to the imagination and aren't in your face nudity

Whoa..That's awfully nice of you to say :D You give me too much credit though :P
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Maybe it would look better, but not by a whole lot. 1080p would be a good thing but that isn't factored into the price of £200. Honestly a £200 PC is NOT worth the money as it would be quickly outdated.

PC gaming IS expensive and I hate when people downplay that. It's more hardware expensive than consoles by far, but the thing is I don't find it a waste of money. If you do then that would explian why some people don't game on PC. it's not for them. But PC gaming IS for me and I don't need to justify the prices, it's well worth it IMO.

seanmcloughlin

• Console hardware are usually unreliable, so you'd be spending money on replacement consoles every 2 years.

Therefore, if you look at it for the long run, PC gaming is nicer for your wallet.

No, PC gaming IS more expensive if you have even a half decent setup. There is no two ways about it. It does cost quite a bit of money to game on PC properly and the only reason you would think it's too much is if you can't justify the purchase. I can however so it's not a waste of money to me. PC gaming is better suited to me than consoles.

Also PC hardware can be just as unreliable, except buying separate parts gives better warranties. Every PC gamer knows how expensive it is and I don't know why people keep trying to say otherwise. However console gamers saying it costs 2000 every 2 years are also exaggerating a great deal.

PC gaming is indeed very expensive if you want to keep on top of games at max settings.

I'm not really bothered about max settings. There's low and medium. My rig is built in the Summer of this year and I don't think I'll spend large amount of money on it for the next 4 years. Just cheap games all the way through while consolites are spending £40 for them and having their hardware breaking down.

See what I mean? It's all about the long run.

If you're keeping at low settings and just stick with it, you'll be amazed at how cheaper PC gaming is compared with consoles. Hell, low settings on PC looks better than consoles! But not by a large margin.

I know that there can be faulty PC parts, but I was talking out of my experience. Never had problems.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

*than

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

You gotta shake things up, and bounce back in place with beautiful female sigs, otherwise Salty's female ass signature is gonna steal your place.

freedomfreak

Nah, freedomfreak has more class than that. His sigs are tasteful and not only about the girl but the composition of the shots and the style of the shots are much more elegant. MOst guys here have lame female sigs that just show T&A without trying. We could all do that if we wanted. But it's tacky.

Freedomfreak will always have the best female sigs to me because they leave more to the imagination and aren't in your face nudity

Whoa..That's awfully nice of you to say :D You give me too much credit though :P

It's the truth. So many sigs these days of women just shaking asses in their underwear or really just over the top .gifs that are really tacky looking and have no effort put into them. Like they're all trying to see how far they can push it before the sig is moderated.

But yours are much more pleasing. Like I said, they leave a lot to the imagination and aren't over the top.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

It's the truth. So many sigs these days of women just shaking asses in their underwear or really just over the top .gifs that are really tacky looking and have no effort put into them. Like they're all trying to see how far they can push it before the sig is moderated.

But yours are much more pleasing. Like I said, they leave a lot to the imagination and aren't over the top.

It took effort, I converted the video to gif using Photoshop. Anyway I don't disagree, I've seen some pretty over the top ones, I don't think mine is though.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Well, thank you. Glad to do it.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Dat ass.seanmcloughlin

Yeah.. his sigs are more about being subtle, showing just the right amount of sexyness.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Whoa..That's awfully nice of you to say :D You give me too much credit though :PSaltyMeatballs

It took effort, I converted the video to gif using Photoshop. Anyway I don't disagree, I've seen some pretty over the top ones, I don't think mine is though.

Don't worry, man, i still love your sexy ass.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Dumbest thread ever...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

What a stupid argument

Not really.

Yeah it is. PC Gaming is expensive, but the point is that it is worth it to PC gamers for the better experience/graphics/options

And the statement that console hardware is "usually unreliable" is just kind of ridiculous, since PC hardware can be equally unreliable. In both cases, just make sure you have a warranty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Whoa..That's awfully nice of you to say :D You give me too much credit though :PSaltyMeatballs

Yours is fine.

I was referring more towards master_shakes. It's just gifs of girls asses all the time and isn't very subtle at all. We all like to look at girls asses in underwear but it's a bit much for a game forum.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

Lucianu

Yeah.. his sigs are more about being subtle, showing just the right amount of sexyness.

I agree, I like the way he uses his sigs. But it gets annoying when more than 5 people are using them, such as SaltyMeatballs, Master_Shake and mitu. Too many. Just 1 person wouldn't bother me. I'd accept freedomfreak's permission to use those signatures, not the others!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

I like yours. It's not just underwear wearing, innocent looking girls shaking their moneymaker. Her pants make that shaking divine.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

I would question how often you use it. I used mine A LOT (before I started PC gaming), and my PS3s just kept breaking down.

My PC surely clocked much more hours than my PS3s because of different purposes such as Internet browsing, gaming, work and editing, my hardware is basically switched on 24/7 and it still works.

GamerwillzPS

Consistently for Blu-Rays and more often for games over the years.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Yeah I can buy a used console for under 150 and it's game ready. I don't know why people try to undermine the costs of a good gaming PC, not to mention cost is subjective so we can go in circles for quite a while.

If you just want to play games, a console is fine. If you want high quality you pay for it, just like everything else in life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

GamerwillzPS

I agree, I like the way he uses his sigs. But it gets annoying when more than 5 people are using them, such as SaltyMeatballs, Master_Shake and mitu. Too many. Just 1 person wouldn't bother me. I'd accept freedomfreak's permission to use those signatures, not the others!

Mitu has been using them for a looooong time

MaskedPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MaskedPlayer
Member since 2012 • 892 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Dat GamerwillzJebus213

Dat ass.

EyE14.gifEyE14.gif

EyE14.gifEyE14.gif

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] There's far more important things to spend money on.GioVela2010

Obviously, since you're poor.

Get on your huffy bike and GTFO

Hey, my 26000$ PC > you.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts
[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Obviously, since you're poor.

Heirren
Get on your huffy bike and GTFO

Ironically I have a really nice bicycle.

So does my 2 year old, Specialized HotRock !
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I choose console. I just don't care to spend $26,000 on a game machine.GamerwillzPS

$26,000?

fe8bf36b.gif

A thousand for the rig and 25k for the servant to turn games on and bring me my mouse and keyboard.... why what did you pay?
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TheEroica  Moderator
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Dat ass.MaskedPlayer

EyE14.gifEyE14.gif

EyE14.gifEyE14.gif

Thats a shiit load of twerk right there.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Making choices is stressful and take a lot of effort. Chess is a game with tons of choices. It's hard. Not having to choose is relaxing.Sushiglutton
Maybe for 8 year olds...well no wonder you love consoles.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]Making choices is stressful and take a lot of effort. Chess is a game with tons of choices. It's hard. Not having to choose is relaxing.Jankarcop

Maybe for 8 year olds...well no wonder you love consoles.

I guess sarcasm is hard for you to detect.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I choose console. I just don't care to spend $26,000 on a game machine.TheEroica

$26,000?

fe8bf36b.gif

A thousand for the rig and 25k for the servant to turn games on and bring me my mouse and keyboard.... why what did you pay?

I spent about £800 for my PC and recycled my PSU and HDD from my old PC. $26,000 is equivalent to £16,170. I could buy a lovely car with that!

I'm sure I'll be content with my PC for many years to come, so it's £800 well spent. With consoles, you get crappier gaming experience when you can get a decent PC for just £350.

Consoles aren't worth the money. You pay more for jaggies, low-res textures and 480p which can be eliminated by a £350 PC.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 freedomfreak
Consoles aren't worth the money. You pay more for jaggies, low-res textures and 480p which can be eliminated by a £350 PC.GamerwillzPS
And here I thought I was buying them for games. Silly me.
Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

i upgrade my pc every 3 years the initial cost is a bit much but i save a lot of money buying games. i spent about 2000$ or a little more every 3 years and im happy with it.

building this system next year already have motherboard and cpu.

i7 3770k 300$

z77 extreme6 160$

1200w gold+ psu 200$

corsair 32gb ddr3 180$

azza 9000 chasis 190$

heat sink 90$

2 amd 8970s or 2 nvidia cards im expecting to pay 1000-1200$

all of that should come to about2120$-2320$

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

So where do i buy a PC for $200 that can play all games coming out for it?:|

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

$26,000?

fe8bf36b.gif

GamerwillzPS

I spent about £800 for my PC and recycled my PSU and HDD from my old PC. $26,000 is equivalent to £16,170. I could buy a lovely car with that!

I'm sure I'll be content with my PC for many years to come, so it's £800 well spent. With consoles, you get crappier gaming experience when you can get a decent PC for just £350.

Consoles aren't worth the money. You pay more for jaggies, low-res textures and 480p which can be eliminated by a £350 PC.

This maybe would be a good argument if consoles didn't get good exclusives. Now so does PC, but typically the experiences are different so consoles have their place.

But yep, upgrading and recycling old parts like PSU, Mobo, etc could get you a beastly rig for a good price. I think next upgrade in a couple years will be just £400 iand mainly CPU, GPU, and new RAM. Nothing more.

SectorSix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SectorSix6
Member since 2012 • 201 Posts
lol at the wannabe hermit.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] A thousand for the rig and 25k for the servant to turn games on and bring me my mouse and keyboard.... why what did you pay?SaltyMeatballs

This maybe would be a good argument if consoles didn't get good exclusives. Now so does PC, but typically the experiences are different so consoles have their place.

But yep, upgrading and recycling old parts like PSU, Mobo, etc could get you a beastly rig for a good price. I think next upgrade in a couple years will be just £400 iand mainly CPU, GPU, and new RAM. Nothing more.

I would consider building a rig at some point if i had an iota of understanding how. Im looking at an hp laptop for work and personal use and it has an I7 processor, 8gb RAM and i dont even know if its good for gaming. This xmas will mark 30 years of gaming for me and i never once had the drive to build a pc... dont know where to begin.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

TheEroica

I would consider building a rig at some point if i had an iota of understanding how. Im looking at an hp laptop for work and personal use and it has an I7 processor, 8gb RAM and i dont even know if its good for gaming. This xmas will mark 30 years of gaming for me and i never once had the drive to build a pc... dont know where to begin.

There is a guide in the Hardware section. I used that. Has pics and labelled clearly. You can ask questions in the hardware section and people will help you. You will save a considerable amount of money, but if you want a laptop then that is different.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

We have the option of CHOICE.....

We as hermits spend on hardware what we want to, we can pick from thousands of hardware configuations and can buy the hardware that suits any budget.

If you want to spend £200 on a PC then go and spend £200 on a PC, if you have a £1000 to drop on one then go for it..

But if you consolites want a next generation console you guys HAVE to pay whatever Sony and Microsoft charge...

You want a PS4 next year and Sony release it at £400-500? Guess what, if you want it, if you have your heart set on it hen you HAVE to pay it....

Not a problem for us Hermits :D

That is all....

mrfrosty151986

Uhm. Since consumers have a CHOICE whether or not they want a console, and whether or not they would rather game on a console than a PC, I think your comment is pretty much pointless. What you call "choice", others (including myself) call a collossul pain in the arse.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

I choose to buy Alienware computers.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

slipknot0129
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Really?
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts

slipknot0129
keep your chin up man, life will get better
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] This maybe would be a good argument if consoles didn't get good exclusives. Now so does PC, but typically the experiences are different so consoles have their place.

SaltyMeatballs

There is a guide in the Hardware section. I used that. Has pics and labelled clearly. You can ask questions in the hardware section and people will help you. You will save a considerable amount of money, but if you want a laptop then that is different.

What he said.

There's loads of PC building guides everywhere on the Internet. YouTube has a handful of them and Google has truckloads of them. You can easily help yourself.

Or if you have an unused PC of yours or from a member of your family, you can use it to experiment with. Tear it apart and assemble it again, boot it up and see if it works.

When confident, buy all decent parts, build yourself a rig and then welcome to the heaven of gaming.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'm going to say that gamerwillz is butthurt again.

sonic1564

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my fav quote in the topic.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GamerwillzPS

slipknot0129

ok1e.gif

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] I would consider building a rig at some point if i had an iota of understanding how. Im looking at an hp laptop for work and personal use and it has an I7 processor, 8gb RAM and i dont even know if its good for gaming. This xmas will mark 30 years of gaming for me and i never once had the drive to build a pc... dont know where to begin.GamerwillzPS

What he said.

There's loads of PC building guides everywhere on the Internet. YouTube has a handful of them and Google has truckloads of them. You can easily help yourself.

Or if you have an unused PC of yours or from a member of your family, you can use it to experiment with. Tear it apart and assemble it again, boot it up and see if it works.

When confident, buy all decent parts, build yourself a rig and then welcome to the heaven of gaming.

Ill give it a look. Thanks gents.
Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
Doubt you'll be able to play the latest games at low-medium settings in 7 or 8 years from now without upgrading your hardware the way you can with consoles.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lostrib

Doubt you'll be able to play the latest games at low-medium settings in 7 or 8 years from now without upgrading your hardware the way you can with consoles.Sali217

Thank god PC allows you to upgrade for better graphics

Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts

[QUOTE="Sali217"]Doubt you'll be able to play the latest games at low-medium settings in 7 or 8 years from now without upgrading your hardware the way you can with consoles.lostrib

That's the thing though, I don't want to have to upgrade anything to play my games. And I also couldn't care less about graphics, I still play atari and NES games for God sakes.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Sali217"]Doubt you'll be able to play the latest games at low-medium settings in 7 or 8 years from now without upgrading your hardware the way you can with consoles.Sali217

That's the thing though, I don't want to have to upgrade anything to play my games. And I also couldn't care less about graphics, I still play atari and NES games for God sakes.

There's plenty of non demanding games on PC if that's your thing.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Sali217"]Doubt you'll be able to play the latest games at low-medium settings in 7 or 8 years from now without upgrading your hardware the way you can with consoles.Sali217

You dont have to upgrade, but it's to have that ability

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#99 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

can you get all these games for $6 on a console?

n0pe

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

slipknot0129
I would augh at you for buying such a cheesy and ugly computer, but Hermits actually build there computers to be even brighter cheesier, and uglier