Why PC gaming is at the forefront of the industry

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#101 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Avatar image for Cranler
#102 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only. Console owns pc on individual games sales.

Seems to me like the new consoles are whats forcing pc gamers to upgrade. Pc reqs have been stagnating for years and are finally making a huge jump thanks to consoles.

PC World has a list of the 20 most innovative games to date. 16/20 are either console only or multiplats. Should have been 15/20 since Gothic is one of the most innovative and underrated games ever.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#103 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Avatar image for Cranler
#104 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Mmo subs for 10 year old games and virtual hat sales are more important to the industry than new big budget games?

Avatar image for lordlors
#105 Posted by lordlors (6123 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Mmo subs for 10 year old games and virtual hat sales are more important to the industry than new big budget games?

Nope. Technologies like Unreal engine, programming languages like C#, new editing tools, DD, etc. are more important than anything because they run the industry's productivity. And they were all born on PCs.

Avatar image for Cranler
#106 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@lordlors said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Mmo subs for 10 year old games and virtual hat sales are more important to the industry than new big budget games?

Nope. Technologies like Unreal engine, programming languages like C#, new editing tools, DD, etc. are more important than anything because they run the industry's productivity. And they were all born on PCs.

I was replying to someone who claimed pc was at the forefront due to game and hardware revenue.

Speaking of the Unreal Engine. Devs would probably still be making games on UE 2 if it weren't for consoles. Unreal engines advancement and uses seems to revolve around consoles.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#107 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@lordlors said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Mmo subs for 10 year old games and virtual hat sales are more important to the industry than new big budget games?

Nope. Technologies like Unreal engine, programming languages like C#, new editing tools, DD, etc. are more important than anything because they run the industry's productivity. And they were all born on PCs.

Yup, Always innovating software and hardware. Most aaa-aa games. Most hardware/software sales by far. Most devs by far. Most played online games. Most players. E-sports complete domination.

PC is pretty much the THE forefront of gaming.

Avatar image for lordlors
#108 Posted by lordlors (6123 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@lordlors said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Mmo subs for 10 year old games and virtual hat sales are more important to the industry than new big budget games?

Nope. Technologies like Unreal engine, programming languages like C#, new editing tools, DD, etc. are more important than anything because they run the industry's productivity. And they were all born on PCs.

I was replying to someone who claimed pc was at the forefront due to game and hardware revenue.

Speaking of the Unreal Engine. Devs would probably still be making games on UE 2 if it weren't for consoles. Unreal engines advancement and uses seems to revolve around consoles.

No it doesn't. And even if it was the case, there's Unity engine that revolves around indies wanting to make games. PS3 didn't use DirectX. Instead, it used openGL and where and how was openGL born? Xbox brought DirectX over to consoles from PCs back when it launched in the PS2 gen. It's why it's called the Direct X Box. Another legacy brought to consoles from PCs. Consoles owe a lot of its technology to the technological developments from PCs. Processors and video cards for example. The only things consoles brought to the industry without the PC's heavy influence are disc media and controllers.

Avatar image for Cranler
#109 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@lordlors said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Mmo subs for 10 year old games and virtual hat sales are more important to the industry than new big budget games?

Nope. Technologies like Unreal engine, programming languages like C#, new editing tools, DD, etc. are more important than anything because they run the industry's productivity. And they were all born on PCs.

Yup, Always innovating software and hardware. Most aaa-aa games. Most hardware/software sales by far. Most devs by far. Most played online games. Most players. E-sports complete domination.

PC is pretty much the THE forefront of gaming.

I already listed the most innovative games which are mostly console games. More expensive hardware puts pc in the forefront? MMO's are the only reason pc has higher revenue. MMOs are typically outdated games.

Avatar image for Cranler
#110 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@lordlors said:

@Cranler said:

@lordlors said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Mmo subs for 10 year old games and virtual hat sales are more important to the industry than new big budget games?

Nope. Technologies like Unreal engine, programming languages like C#, new editing tools, DD, etc. are more important than anything because they run the industry's productivity. And they were all born on PCs.

I was replying to someone who claimed pc was at the forefront due to game and hardware revenue.

Speaking of the Unreal Engine. Devs would probably still be making games on UE 2 if it weren't for consoles. Unreal engines advancement and uses seems to revolve around consoles.

No it doesn't. And even if it was the case, there's Unity engine that revolves around indies wanting to make games. PS3 didn't use DirectX. Instead, it used openGL and where and how was openGL born? Xbox brought DirectX over to consoles from PCs back when it launched in the PS2 gen. It's why it's called the Direct X Box. Another legacy brought to consoles from PCs. Consoles owe a lot of its technology to the technological developments from PCs. Processors and video cards for example. The only things consoles brought to the industry without the PC's heavy influence are disc media and controllers.

Consoles are now embracing indies as well so surely there will be plenty of Unity engine games on console.

Of course the tools are developed on pc but it's what drives the advancement of those tools that's in question.

Why is it that the most advanced Unreal Engine games over the last decade have been console exclusive or multiplat?

Avatar image for mikhail
#111 Posted by mikhail (2697 posts) -

@Cranler said:

I already listed the most innovative games which are mostly console games.

That is 100% subjective and you know it. Try working in facts and not opinions if you're going to try and have a fact-based argument.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#112 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@lordlors said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Mmo subs for 10 year old games and virtual hat sales are more important to the industry than new big budget games?

Nope. Technologies like Unreal engine, programming languages like C#, new editing tools, DD, etc. are more important than anything because they run the industry's productivity. And they were all born on PCs.

Yup, Always innovating software and hardware. Most aaa-aa games. Most hardware/software sales by far. Most devs by far. Most played online games. Most players. E-sports complete domination.

PC is pretty much the THE forefront of gaming.

I already listed the most innovative games which are mostly console games. More expensive hardware puts pc in the forefront? MMO's are the only reason pc has higher revenue. MMOs are typically outdated games.

No, you listed your opinion and excuses that don't change what I said. The list I had was all factually true and relevant to the discussion.

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#113 Posted by TheFadeForever (2649 posts) -

@Cranler:

Yet a game like Portal 2 sold better on the the PC than on console

Avatar image for Cranler
#114 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@Cranler said:

I already listed the most innovative games which are mostly console games.

That is 100% subjective and you know it. Try working in facts and not opinions if you're going to try and have a fact-based argument.

So if I were to say pc games are innovative it's ok but if I say console games are innovative then I'm being subjective right?

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@lordlors said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler

I'd think having a strangle hold on software/hardware sales, the most devs, and most high-rated (or total) games pumped out, and almost always innovating the next big genre/hardware is being in the forefront of the industry.....

I mean, no other 1 system comes close. I'd suppose with all 6 consoles combined you can make the case due to so many systems having so many devs for tons of big budget titles accross the industry.

Stranglehold yet the biggest budget games of 2013 and 2014 are still console only.

This thread isn't about the biggest budget games. And neither is the industry.

Please stay on topic.

Mmo subs for 10 year old games and virtual hat sales are more important to the industry than new big budget games?

Nope. Technologies like Unreal engine, programming languages like C#, new editing tools, DD, etc. are more important than anything because they run the industry's productivity. And they were all born on PCs.

Yup, Always innovating software and hardware. Most aaa-aa games. Most hardware/software sales by far. Most devs by far. Most played online games. Most players. E-sports complete domination.

PC is pretty much the THE forefront of gaming.

I already listed the most innovative games which are mostly console games. More expensive hardware puts pc in the forefront? MMO's are the only reason pc has higher revenue. MMOs are typically outdated games.

No, you listed your opinion and excuses that don't change what I said. The list I had was all factually true and relevant to the discussion.

Those sites listed what they thought in their opinion constitutes being on the forefront.

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler:

Yet a game like Portal 2 sold better on the the PC than on console

I've brought up the fact that valve titles sell better on console numerous times on this forum. So 4 or 5 multiplats out of 100's sell better on pc. I mean did you really expect every single multiplat to sell better on console?

Even once pc centric titles though like BF are now selling better on console.

Avatar image for TheFadeForever
#115 Edited by TheFadeForever (2649 posts) -

@Cranler:

where are your facts its funny how you hardly cite any source

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#116 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@Cranler:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

My guess is you aren't going to provide a link.

Avatar image for mikhail
#117 Edited by mikhail (2697 posts) -

@Cranler said:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

If this is such an undeniable fact, why can't you back it up with anything except you saying it's a fact?

You saying it's a fact over and over doesn't make it true, dude. Prove your point. Cite your sources. Back up your claims with something.

You're fucking terrible at this. This topic is a prime example of why everyone considers you a troll and no one takes you seriously - you say things and present them as facts, without any sort of evidence whatsoever. They're only facts in your own mind that you've convinced yourself are right because you're an idiot.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#118 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler:

where are your facts its funny how you hardly cite any source

the voices in his head told him so

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#119 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

Funny how hermits feel the need to endlessly defend their platform and attack all others. Fear of competition is unhealthy as is obsession with an inanimate object.

Avatar image for Cranler
#120 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler:

where are your facts its funny how you hardly cite any source

Well we know for a fact that the most popular console games like GTA and CoD sell better than the most popular pc games like Starcraft and Diablo so why in the world would you think that the average mutliplat would somehow sell better on pc?

@mikhail said:

@Cranler said:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

If this is such an undeniable fact, why can't you back it up with anything except you saying it's a fact?

You saying it's a fact over and over doesn't make it true, dude. Prove your point. Cite your sources. Back up your claims with something.

You're fucking terrible at this. This topic is a prime example of why everyone considers you a troll and no one takes you seriously - you say things and present them as facts, without any sort of evidence whatsoever. They're only facts in your own mind that you've convinced yourself are right because you're an idiot.

Mmo's are 21% of the entire gaming market and what 2 games a far and away the most popular?

@Krelian-co said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@Cranler:

where are your facts its funny how you hardly cite any source

the voices in his head told him so

Nothing to add to the conversation as usual.

It's really common knowledge and the pie charts that show pc boxed and downloaded games to be a small fraction of the gaming market have been posted numerous times

http://www.newzoo.com/press-releases/newzoo-announces-new-report-and-projects-global-games-market-to-grow-6-to-70-4bn-in-2013/

Avatar image for funsohng
#121 Posted by funsohng (29841 posts) -

If Japan had strong PC industry, they would still make mediocre games, just on PC and not consoles.

Look at Korea. Strong PC industry. Sh*tty games. Pretty self-explanatory.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#122 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -
@Cranler:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

That pie chart, which is old and oud-dated, says nothing about WoW or LoL being the sole reason for PC being above Consoles.

@Cranler: Caught in another lie.

BTW: your opinions on MMO and F2P are noted, but PC is still at the forefront according to facts.

Avatar image for mr_huggles_dog
#123 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@Cranler:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

That pie chart says nothing about WoW or LoL being the sole reason for PC being above Consoles.

@Cranler: Caught in another lie.

I thought it was a well known fact that MMOs and LOL type F2P MOBA games were the reason the PC is ahead of console in revenue.

Hmm...thought a PC gamer would know his own platforms money train....guess you learn something new everyday.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#124 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@Cranler:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

That pie chart says nothing about WoW or LoL being the sole reason for PC being above Consoles.

@Cranler: Caught in another lie.

I thought it was a well known fact that MMOs and LOL type F2P MOBA games were the reason the PC is ahead of console in revenue.

Hmm...thought a PC gamer would know his own platforms money train....guess you learn something new everyday.

He said that WoW or LoL ALONE are the reasons why PC is above consoles.

Not the genres. Not sure how any of this is relevant though, PC is still at the forefront....1 game or 100 games.

And the chart is out of date, PC surpassed consoles earlier this year.

Avatar image for mr_huggles_dog
#125 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@Cranler:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

That pie chart says nothing about WoW or LoL being the sole reason for PC being above Consoles.

@Cranler: Caught in another lie.

I thought it was a well known fact that MMOs and LOL type F2P MOBA games were the reason the PC is ahead of console in revenue.

Hmm...thought a PC gamer would know his own platforms money train....guess you learn something new everyday.

He said that WoW or LoL ALONE are the reasons why PC is above consoles.

Not the genres.

You have a point....and he has not proof to back it up (that I know of)....but, honestly, I don't doubt what he says, lol.

Avatar image for Cranler
#126 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@Cranler:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

That pie chart says nothing about WoW or LoL being the sole reason for PC being above Consoles. All it tells me is PC has a higher gaming revenue than 6 consoles combined.

@Cranler: Caught in another lie.

That 18% was for mobile. So according to that chart pc is 39% of the market while consoles are 43%.

There was a chart from another source that showed the pc slightly ahead. If we take the away the $1 billion that WoW made in 2013 then it would put the pc behind in that chart. LoL makes about half a billion a year and could be enought to tip the scales all by itself.

Main reason I used that chart was to compare boxed and downloaded pc sales vs console. That proves without a doubt that multiplats sell far better on console.

Funny how you still persist with it not being right to compare all consoles to pc. Consolites are splintered between gens and brand competition, two major factors that don't exist on pc.

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/07/18/new-research-world-of-warcraft-1-billion-2013/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/league-of-legends-revenues-for-2013-total-624-million-update/1100-6417224/

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#127 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

You think 1 game is the reason PC is currently beating out 6 systems in sales? If you take out WoW it'll probably be a few % below 6 consoles combined......

Basically still the top system.

Avatar image for Cranler
#128 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You think 1 game is the reason PC is currently beating out 6 systems in sales? If you take out WoW it'll probably be a few % below 6 consoles combined......

Basically still the top system.

This just in: mobile gaming is not a part of pc, more at 11.

Funny how you still persist with it not being right to compare all consoles to pc. Consolites are splintered between gens and brand competition, two major factors that don't exist on pc.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#129 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@Cranler:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

That pie chart says nothing about WoW or LoL being the sole reason for PC being above Consoles. All it tells me is PC has a higher gaming revenue than 6 consoles combined.

@Cranler: Caught in another lie.

That 18% was for mobile. So according to that chart pc is 39% of the market while consoles are 43%.

There was a chart from another source that showed the pc slightly ahead. If we take the away the $1 billion that WoW made in 2013 then it would put the pc behind in that chart. LoL makes about half a billion a year and could be enought to tip the scales all by itself.

Main reason I used that chart was to compare boxed and downloaded pc sales vs console. That proves without a doubt that multiplats sell far better on console.

Funny how you still persist with it not being right to compare all consoles to pc. Consolites are splintered between gens and brand competition, two major factors that don't exist on pc.

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/07/18/new-research-world-of-warcraft-1-billion-2013/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/league-of-legends-revenues-for-2013-total-624-million-update/1100-6417224/

1. Your 2013 sales chart is out of date. PC surpassed consoles earlier this year. Your 39% is wrong.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/analyst-pc-gaming-now-brings-in-more-money-than-console-gaming/

2. WoW lost tons of subs since 2013. From ~9million to ~6million.

3. You are changing the subject. We are discussing who is at the forefront of the industry, not multiplats.

4. Why are you creating hypcrotical situations where certain games don't exist? What is this...PC is currently at the forefront......we aren't living in your dreamworld.

I'm asking you 1 think. Refute my games count, dev count, and hardware/software links. Saying "well those are just f2p, moba, mmo, indy games" isn't refuting the links, that is making excuses and giving your opinion on the worth of such genres.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/12/pc-gaming-hardware-worth-double-console-gaming-market-value-report/

http://www.maximumpc.com/%E2%80%9Cpc_games_have_surpassed_console_games%E2%80%9D_says_dfc_intelligence_owner_2014

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1503/15036700/2514944-0729074495-wiNSE.jpg

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Thats 5 pieces of information why PC is at the forefront. Your opinions on those genres does not change those facts.

(P.S.: Its great to know with just boxed/download sales alone PC beats the shit out of any individual console, .....Thats fucking ForeFront).

Avatar image for Cranler
#130 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@Cranler:

WoW and LoL are the only reason pc has more revenue. Undeniable fact. In fact take away just one and the pc would probably drop below console.

That pie chart says nothing about WoW or LoL being the sole reason for PC being above Consoles. All it tells me is PC has a higher gaming revenue than 6 consoles combined.

@Cranler: Caught in another lie.

That 18% was for mobile. So according to that chart pc is 39% of the market while consoles are 43%.

There was a chart from another source that showed the pc slightly ahead. If we take the away the $1 billion that WoW made in 2013 then it would put the pc behind in that chart. LoL makes about half a billion a year and could be enought to tip the scales all by itself.

Main reason I used that chart was to compare boxed and downloaded pc sales vs console. That proves without a doubt that multiplats sell far better on console.

Funny how you still persist with it not being right to compare all consoles to pc. Consolites are splintered between gens and brand competition, two major factors that don't exist on pc.

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/07/18/new-research-world-of-warcraft-1-billion-2013/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/league-of-legends-revenues-for-2013-total-624-million-update/1100-6417224/

1. Your 2013 sales chart is out of date. PC surpassed consoles earlier this year. Your 39% is wrong.

2. WoW lost tons of subs since 2013. From ~10million to ~6million.

3. You are changing the subject. We are discussing who is at the forefront of the industry, not multiplats.

4. Why are you creating hypcrotical situations where certain games don't exist? What is this...PC is currently at the forefront......we aren't living in your dreamworld.

Show me a new chart.

Big deal. Either way it's mmo's with all the garbage gameplay they entail thats making the majority of the pc revenue.

We're talking about the games industry and you're saying one of the most important types of games is off subject?

Again, mmo's and half assed f2p shooters put pc at the forefront of revenue but the forefront of game innovation is coming from mutilplats and console exclusives.

This is what you call the forefront of gaming:

This is what I call the forefront of gaming

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#131 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

Sup Cranler still waiting that steam account with all dem games you play in your imaginary pc that makes you not at all butthurt about pc gaming.

Avatar image for Cranler
#132 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

Sup Cranler still waiting that steam account with all dem games you play in your imaginary pc that makes you not at all butthurt about pc gaming.

Lol, already posted a pic of my gpu's with a monitor in that back showing what I was about to post. That's proof enough.

Although if you link your steam profile i might consider linking mine.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#133 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@Cranler :

Thats exactly what being at the forefront means. It's not about what genres you like or your personal opinions, but what people are actually playing and buying. What system are devs making games on. What system creates more new genres each gen....and new tech/engines. What system is 99% of e-sports : These moba (and some MMO) that you hate so much have a higher skill cap/requirement than any console title in existence, and it makes me smile.

Opinions on a factual matter are useless: IE: I personally wouldn't ever call the casual movie-game, corridor game, anything on Wii(U), CoD and its clones, madden/racer rehashes the "forefront of gaming", but my personal opinion means nothing, so instead I post data.

PC is at the fore front. No other system comes remotely close.

You can't refute these links, you can only provide your opinions on them, this makes me happy:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/12/pc-gaming-hardware-worth-double-console-gaming-market-value-report/

http://www.maximumpc.com/%E2%80%9Cpc_games_have_surpassed_console_games%E2%80%9D_says_dfc_intelligence_owner_2014

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1503/15036700/2514944-0729074495-wiNSE.jpg

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Compare these numbers with XBONE, or just PS4. It's fucking devastating.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#134 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

Sup Cranler still waiting that steam account with all dem games you play in your imaginary pc that makes you not at all butthurt about pc gaming.

Lol, already posted a pic of my gpu's with a monitor in that back showing what I was about to post. That's proof enough.

Although if you link your steam profile i might consider linking mine.

Dem excuses post your steam account or a picture with your name on the pc, you always make up excuses.

Avatar image for mikhail
#135 Posted by mikhail (2697 posts) -

lol, Cranler.

Avatar image for Cranler
#137 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler :

Thats exactly what being at the forefront means. It's not about what genres you like or your personal opinions, but what people are actually playing and buying. What system are devs making games on. What system creates more new genres each gen....and new tech/engines. What system is 99% of e-sports. These moba that you hate so much have a higher skill cap/requirement than any console title in existence, and it makes me smile.

PC is at the fore front. No other system comes remotely close.

You can't refute these links, you can only provide your opinions on them, this makes me happy:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/12/pc-gaming-hardware-worth-double-console-gaming-market-value-report/

http://www.maximumpc.com/%E2%80%9Cpc_games_have_surpassed_console_games%E2%80%9D_says_dfc_intelligence_owner_2014

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1503/15036700/2514944-0729074495-wiNSE.jpg

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Compare these numbers with XBONE, or just PS4. It's fucking devastating.

Forefront of revenue and forefront of innovation are two very different things. I said mmo's never specifically mobas though. High skill cap is a new innovation? I think Dota is great but games like WoW are awful to me and I can't endure the boredom of the first hour the 3 times I tried it.

Crossfire is the pc's number 1 most popular game. Have you seen Crossfire gameplay? It's looks like a game from the late 90's and plays like CoD. A couple bullets to the torso gets a kill.

Stop spamming the same crap over and over again. Forefront is a vague term and to me it's where the innovation is.

You realize that consoles are very expensive in Asia which is where pc gaming is most popular right?

The only reason pc has higher revenue is the import costs of consoles in Asia

Throughout Asia the PC is king. PCs are cheaper, multi-functional, and easily upgradeable. Even now games consoles are solely for entertainment purposes and though the prices have come down over the years, they remain an expensive luxury.

In places like China, they remain a luxury far too expensive for the average person. As a result of this, most Asian gamers, excluding the Japanese of course, are much more comfortable with “PC-style” games. RTS, MOBAs, MMORPGs, Crossfire and Counterstrike are way more popular here, and games that take the western world by storm often have little impact in Asia. It never ceases to amaze me how most of my Chinese friends have no idea who Lara Croft is. It’s horrifying.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/gamer-asia-asia-loves-pcs-don-t-093055687.html

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#138 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

Even more information proving PC is the forfront of the industry, thanks. It's got the hardware/software sales, the mass devs, the players, the most games, the esports, the innovation always making the engines and hardware tech that consoles use, it's the king.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
#139 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17040 posts) -

Everyone knows a PC is only good for math and AOL. I have a high end Gateway and that shit can't even run a PS3 game. No Blu Ray so not enough memory, but some people call them "gaming machines", or "rigs" lol bunch of ignorant neck faces.

Avatar image for Jag85
#140 Edited by Jag85 (10668 posts) -
@funsohng said:

If Japan had strong PC industry, they would still make mediocre games, just on PC and not consoles.

Look at Korea. Strong PC industry. Sh*tty games. Pretty self-explanatory.

The game industries in Japan and Korea are almost nothing alike.

Besides, Korea generally makes the best MMO's... unless you mean MMO's are "Sh*tty" games in general.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#141 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

but some people call them "gaming machines", or "rigs" lol bunch of ignorant neck faces.

Well considering they have more high rated games , high rated exclusives, sales, competitive level, best gfx, best performance, and the best version of most games (multiplats)....than any other system...

I'm sure that makes something a game machine right?

Avatar image for Cranler
#142 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Even more information proving PC is the forfront of the industry, thanks.

For the wrong reasons

So if gaming is all about popularity and revenue then this is the new mascot for video gaming

Loading Video...

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#143 Posted by freedomfreak (49724 posts) -

RoboCopISJesus, did you stop posting with Jankarcop because people were harassing you?

Robocop is a better account name though.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#144 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Even more information proving PC is the forfront of the industry, thanks.

For the wrong reasons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

I can give my opinions too, on actual non-gamer trash that is worse than the game you showed (that game actually can requires skill).....but still sells: lolmadden lolpokemon lolWii(U) lolKinect

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
#145 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17040 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

but some people call them "gaming machines", or "rigs" lol bunch of ignorant neck faces.

Well considering they have more high rated games , high rated exclusives, sales, competitive level, best gfx, best performance, and the best version of most games (multiplats)....than any other system...

I'm sure that makes something a game machine right?

Hahahahaha, nah bro, maybe in your world of make believe.

You don't have Blu Ray... you don't have GDDR5.. **** you guys haven't even gotten to the Cell Broadband Engine phase.

You don't even have real HD. You guys just think your game looks crisp because you're hunched over a tiny screen while I'm playing in true 1080p on a real HDTV.

lol let's not even get started on controllers here, I play games I don't type spread sheets son.

And the games? You bring up the FUCKING GAMES??? lmao you crazy son. Everyone knows consoles have the best games and all the games for hardcore gamers. PC games are ALWAYS rated at a lower standard. Now I bet you're going to inflate your list with casual shit like Farmville, Mindcraft, World of Warland, Star Citizen, etc...

As soon as PC starts getting REAL games like Uncharted or something then we'll talk.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#146 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

but some people call them "gaming machines", or "rigs" lol bunch of ignorant neck faces.

Well considering they have more high rated games , high rated exclusives, sales, competitive level, best gfx, best performance, and the best version of most games (multiplats)....than any other system...

I'm sure that makes something a game machine right?

Hahahahaha, nah bro, maybe in your world of make believe.

You don't have Blu Ray... you don't have GDDR5.. **** you guys haven't even gotten to the Cell Broadband Engine phase.

You don't even have real HD. You guys just think your game looks crisp because you're hunched over a tiny screen while I'm playing in true 1080p on a real HDTV.

lol let's not even get started on controllers here, I play games I don't type spread sheets son.

And the games? You bring up the FUCKING GAMES??? lmao you crazy son. Everyone knows consoles have the best games and all the games for hardcore gamers. PC games are ALWAYS rated at a lower standard. Now I bet you're going to inflate your list with casual shit like Farmville, Mindcraft, World of Warland, Star Citizen, etc...

As soon as PC starts getting REAL games like Uncharted or something then we'll talk.

lol

Avatar image for Cranler
#147 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@Krelian-co said:

Sup Cranler still waiting that steam account with all dem games you play in your imaginary pc that makes you not at all butthurt about pc gaming.

Lol, already posted a pic of my gpu's with a monitor in that back showing what I was about to post. That's proof enough.

Although if you link your steam profile i might consider linking mine.

Dem excuses post your steam account or a picture with your name on the pc, you always make up excuses.

When are you going to link your steam profile?

Avatar image for mr_huggles_dog
#148 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

but some people call them "gaming machines", or "rigs" lol bunch of ignorant neck faces.

Well considering they have more high rated games , high rated exclusives, sales, competitive level, best gfx, best performance, and the best version of most games (multiplats)....than any other system...

I'm sure that makes something a game machine right?

I don't think you get it Robo.

The time has come where graphics are really good on consoles. People don't want to spend $1700 on a machine to run the one exclusive anyone talks about on PC....Star Citizen.

The PS4 might be weaker than your normal out of the gate console....but it really doesn't matter. Games like Infamous look great....enough to satisfy ppls eyes candy needs, for sure. Then you have the great console exclusives.

There will always be games that are destined for greatness on the PC....like TES games...where mods are half the reason you buy the game, but those are getting fewer and fewer.

People finally have great looking games on their consoles and ppl are happy with that. I think thats why so many of you PC fanboys act the way you do on these boards....you know ppl have interest in certain types of games on the PC...and thats it. People either buy a PC to play WOW, or TF2, or LOL, stuff like that....and the PC has no meat in the AAA revenue department....the devs and publishers know that....and it scares you.

Avatar image for RoboCopISJesus
#149 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

but some people call them "gaming machines", or "rigs" lol bunch of ignorant neck faces.

Well considering they have more high rated games , high rated exclusives, sales, competitive level, best gfx, best performance, and the best version of most games (multiplats)....than any other system...

I'm sure that makes something a game machine right?

I don't think you get it Robo.

The time has come where graphics are really good on consoles. People don't want to spend $1700 on a machine to run the one exclusive anyone talks about on PC....Star Citizen.

The PS4 might be weaker than your normal out of the gate console....but it really doesn't matter. Games like Infamous look great....enough to satisfy ppls eyes candy needs, for sure. Then you have the great console exclusives.

There will always be games that are destined for greatness on the PC....like TES games...where mods are half the reason you buy the game, but those are getting fewer and fewer.

People finally have great looking games on their consoles and ppl are happy with that. I think thats why so many of you PC fanboys act the way you do on these boards....you know ppl have interest in certain types of games on the PC...and thats it. People either buy a PC to play WOW, or TF2, or LOL, stuff like that....and the PC has not meat in the AAA revenue department....the devs and publishers know that....and it scares you.

1. No citation.

2. None of my points were refuted. PC still has the most aaa-aa games. The most software/hardware sales. The best version of most video games (multiplats). The best competitive scene. The best gfx/performance.

So some our multiplats don't sell the "best", at least they play the best all while we get more high-rated exclusives than the other systems.

No other 1 system can do that. You have to combined 3 or more.

Avatar image for Cranler
#150 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

PC's most popular game. The 90's called and they want their graphics back.