Why No More Hype For Assassin's Creed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
back when it was announced everyone was going wild now noone even mentions it anymore. this game may even be a goty nominee.
Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
its nothing spesh imo
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
people are worried because of all the bugs and how jade raymond basically got embaressed and looked nervous at E3.

but she was looking good....... so was the game i guess......but Jade Raymond was looking great......AAA
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts
I am still up for assasins creed its looking good except for the lack of news since e3... thats what kinda killed the hype because they are keeping all the juicy details hidden. Especially the story line.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts

I think it's just dying out becuase we've known about it forever. When the game is getting closer to release we'll see more of it around. We did get those absolutely awesome videos a week ago though. That got my interest back up.

Another big reason might be that it went confirmed multiplat a while back. That severely cuts down hype because there's no more ownage to be had.

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fistoflight
Also for the record assasins creed was never exclusive it was already out on the xbox 360 first at x05 as project assassin. Ubisoft just said it was a ps3 exclusive for no reason when they were already developing the xbox 360 version first... Than again we cows did hype it a lot till it went multiplatform but I am still hyping it regardless of the multiplatform issue.
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#8 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
its nothing spesh imo---OkeyDokey---
CrazyCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CrazyCarter
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts

It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.BioShockOwnz

cows have to hype whatever exclusive they have cause they don't have much. :lol:fanboys have no common sense and no intelligence to speak of since they stopped hyping a game just cause other consoles get it.

im hyping it AAA

kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts
I like it better without the hype.Sands ofTimehadlimited hype and changed Action Adventure games for the better. I strongly hope the same goes for Assassin's Creed.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fistoflight

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.CrazyCarter

cows have to hype whatever exclusive they have cause they don't have much. :lol:fanboys have no common sense and no intelligence to speak of since they stopped hyping a game just cause other consoles get it.

im hyping it AAA

Than why am I still hyping it? Can you explain that?

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.CrazyCarter

im hyping it AAA

that's funny because looking at the up and coming lineup of exclusives for each console it's 360 that's lacking...

Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts
It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.BioShockOwnz
yep when it was thought to be PS3 exclusive Cows hyped the bejesus out of it...that dry'd up real quick...I saw a couple of worrisum things at E3 but I think it will be great by the time it launches... 8.5 or 9.0 for me right now, will have a better idea as it gets closer to release
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Because its multiplat
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fistoflight

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.Medjai
yep when it was thought to be PS3 exclusive Cows hyped the bejesus out of it...that dry'd up real quick...I saw a couple of worrisum things at E3 but I think it will be great by the time it launches

The only thing I am worried about is the hours of gameplay... I just hope its over 30 :D

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.-Renegade

im hyping it AAA

that's funny because looking at the up and coming lineup of exclusives for each console it's 360 that's lacking...

based on what on paper hype. Heavenly Sword and Lair Flopped hard. whats stopping Uncharted. and with this all"to much of the same" flop with gamespot whats stopping Ratchet and MGS 4(which would be crap GS has screwed this franchise over so many times)

360 still has Halo 3, Mass Effect, PGR 4, ACE COmbat 6, Eternal Sonota on the way.

with Halo Wars, Fable 2, Alan Wake, Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human, Gears 2, Huxley, Banjo 3, etc on the way.

Also 360 allready has great games out right now, thats an advantage 360 has over PS3. In fact its a luxury right now, PS3 games flopping hurt more, because right now there are less major exclusives to play on the PS3.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="Medjai"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.fistoflight

yep when it was thought to be PS3 exclusive Cows hyped the bejesus out of it...that dry'd up real quick...I saw a couple of worrisum things at E3 but I think it will be great by the time it launches

The only thing I am worried about is the hours of gameplay... I just hope its over 30 :D

no way. Its Ubisoft and its an action adventure. Id say we will get somewhere between 15-25 out of it.
CrazyCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CrazyCarter
[QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.fistoflight

im hyping it AAA

Than why am I still hyping it? Can you explain that?

bioshockownz said most. most cows. and thats what i was talking about. most. there are always exceptions.

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fistoflight
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.jg4xchamp

im hyping it AAA

based on what on paper hype. Heavenly Sword and Lair Flopped hard. whats stopping Uncharted. and with this all"to much of the same" flop with gamespot whats stopping Ratchet and MGS 4(which would be crap GS has screwed this franchise over so many times)

360 still has Halo 3, Mass Effect, PGR 4, ACE COmbat 6, Eternal Sonota on the way.

with Halo Wars, Fable 2, Alan Wake, Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human, Gears 2, Huxley, Banjo 3, etc on the way.

Also 360 allready has great games out right now, thats an advantage 360 has over PS3. In fact its a luxury right now, PS3 games flopping hurt more, because right now there are less major exclusives to play on the PS3.

Well heavenly sword has an average right now of 80 so I don't think that is flopping hard... Lair is getting mixed reviews some gamesites love the six axis control some hate it thats all it went down too... But I do admit lair is a flop because to be a good game you gotta at least score average on most sites like heavenlysword is doing...

I also can name a list of games for the ps3 that are coming out this year and for next year but I rather not because it seriously isn't worth naming games... Like you said it all depends on how good the game is...

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

Because its multiplatLonelynight

Games like CoD4 and GTA IV still get a lot of hype, or at least GTA was before that huge delay was announced. Regardless, Assassin's Creed doesn't really get talked about at all, which is just unfortunate.

Medjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Medjai
Member since 2003 • 3839 Posts

[QUOTE="Medjai"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.fistoflight

something that stood out for me was...when they were about to enter that chase sequence they killed a guard on the roof...he got stuck mid air and Jade was luck uhhh...so there were still a cple bugs nothing they can't fix in time for launch
CrazyCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CrazyCarter
[QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.-Renegade

im hyping it AAA

idk about you but right now i see just one reason to buy a ps3. thats mgs4. and one game aint enough.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
[QUOTE="fistoflight"]

[QUOTE="Medjai"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.Medjai

something that stood out for me was...when they were about to enter that chase sequence they killed a guard on the roof...he got stuck mid air and Jade was luck uhhh...so there were still a cple bugs nothing they can't fix in time for launch

I'd hardly expect something like that to happen in the final version, though I still don't know how that got through testing for something as critical as an E3 demonstration. You only really get one shot at those things.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.fistoflight

im hyping it AAA

Well heavenly sword has an average right now of 80 so I don't think that is flopping hard... Lair is getting mixed reviews some gamesites love the six axis control some hate it thats all it went down too... But I do admit lair is a flop because to be a good game you gotta at least score average on most sites like heavenlysword is doing...

im not denying it could be a great game. but right now it shows on paper hype means nothing. seriousaly what more proof do we need. MGS, Metroid Prime 3, zelda TP, Killzone, Lair, etc.

as for talking about 08 Sonys games look better because we actually know whats coming in 08. with MS they are focused on 07. So there 08 stuff is still now show yet. I bet the playing field will level out when more games are revealed for 360.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fistoflight
[QUOTE="fistoflight"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It's one of my most hyped games this year. Most cows stopped hyping it when it went multiplatform.jg4xchamp

im hyping it AAA

im not denying it could be a great game. but right now it shows on paper hype means nothing. seriousaly what more proof do we need. MGS, Metroid Prime 3, zelda TP, Killzone, Lair, etc.

as for talking about 08 Sonys games look better because we actually know whats coming in 08. with MS they are focused on 07. So there 08 stuff is still now show yet. I bet the playing field will level out when more games are revealed for 360.

That could be true but sony still has a bunch of games to announce at tgs, there are a bunch of exclusives that havent been revealed yet, nc soft, david jaffe 3 exclusive, capcom un announce ps3 exclusive, Q unannounced ps3 exclusive, and some others. Though the same can be for microsoft it's all about timing I guess, and TGS looks like its gonna be the biggest suprises of this year.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="fistoflight"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

im hyping it AAA

That could be true but sony still has a bunch of games to announce at tgs, there are a bunch of exclusives that havent been revealed yet, nc soft, david jaffe 3 exclusive, capcom un announce ps3 exclusive, Q unannounced ps3 exclusive, and some others. Though the same can be for microsoft it's all about timing I guess, and TGS looks like its gonna be the biggest suprises of this year.

david jaffe has gone the online gaming route. so i really wanna see that. Callin all cars is fun as heck.

as for Capcom thats multiplat. they are going multiplat with all there games. even dead rising 2 and lost planet 2 will be multiplat.

anyway mistwalker has stuff on the way for 360. so does bungie and peter jackson. same with bioware, etc. and ofcourse rare.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fistoflight
Guess we have to wait for tgs and about assassins creed if its true europeans will get it this month... Lucky europeans!!! Now I know how they feel when games are release in the us first.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Personally, I'm more hyped for Splinter Cell: Conviction. Similar premise to Assassin's Creed, but it's executed differently.

Multiplayer sounds awesome in that game as well.

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XL83
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Well, I've known about this game for over 2 years, after reading about it in Game Informer. I guess it's been so hyped for so long that I've just stopped caring. I still really want the game and plan to buy it, but I'm not really "hyped" about it, I'm just going to keep waiting. I guess I'm "Jaded" about the whole thing (I kill me, nyuk nyuk).

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 emawk
Member since 2004 • 1820 Posts
[QUOTE="CrazyCarter"]

im hyping it AAA

Exclusives against what console or system?

REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts

Why no more hype for AC? Well, for starters, after a whole year of extra development, the game didn't look much different from E3 '06 to E3 '07. What I saw in the E3 '07 demo showed enemies standing around watching their mates get picked off 1-by-1 by the main character, fairly straight-forward gameplay (find bad guy and kill him), and environments that all look the same.

Throw in that this game is multiplat and has no multiplayer, and you can see why the hype has died for it.

Will it still be a good game? Hopefully, given it is being made by the PoP team.

Jokul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#32 Jokul
Member since 2003 • 1677 Posts
I don't remember a lot of hype but it certainly looks good and I can't wait to get a good go
synce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 synce
Member since 2004 • 771 Posts
No Jade = no hype
rezajak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rezajak
Member since 2005 • 38 Posts
becuz its not exclusive
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

I don't know, it justs seems kind of...old. It's getting closer to release and it still doesn't look particularly polished, or advanced, or much of anything really. Primarily it's the extremely odd AI that's disappointing. Was hyped up as something special, but from what I've seen it's more like "special", if you know what I mean. Reminds me of Driver 3.

Hopefully they have enough time to clean everything up.

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts
The game still looks like an AA title to me, but you have to admit it's getting overshadowed by titles like R&C, COD4, UT3, and Mass Effect. That and the last demo was still a little buggy, but I think it'll be cleaned up nice for it's release.