-- Why MGS4 wont go Multiplat. --

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chadwardennn
Member since 2007 • 883 Posts

1. Japanese ppl have honor and respect. Konami wont backstab sony.

2.  MGS4 was made for the PS3. This game is not possible without the cell.

3. Octocam only possible with cell.

4. MGS4s World is HUGE, u need bluray. With DVD9 it would be like "I am stealthing around and sudden u need to swap discs" rofl.

5. 1080p and 7.1 sound. u need HDMI.

nuff said.

jdbthexboxgamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 jdbthexboxgamr
Member since 2006 • 2307 Posts

2.  MGS4 was made for the PS3. This game is not possible without the cell.

chadwardennn

LOL,there is where i stopped reading......

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Aight.
Toaster_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Toaster_Cell
Member since 2006 • 3062 Posts
It's not coming to the 360, but it's not for the reasons you gave...
Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
mgs4 wont outsell halo 3.
chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chadwardennn

Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.briguyb13

Ever heard of systemsellers? When MGS4 is out, it will sell millions and millions of PS3s.

cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
The other thread seemed to provide better, more reasonable points.
Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.chadwardennn

Ever heard of systemsellers? When MGS4 is out, it will sell millions and millions of PS3s.

Not THAT many people are willing to throw down SIX HUNDRED BUCKS to play one game.
SH_guY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 SH_guY
Member since 2004 • 1108 Posts
[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.briguyb13

Not THAT many people are willing to throw down SIX HUNDRED BUCKS to play one game.

you'd be surprised what some people are willing to do...

WeeWeeJumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WeeWeeJumbo
Member since 2005 • 5380 Posts

2. MGS4 was made for the PS3. This game is not possible without the cell.

4. MGS4s World is HUGE, u need bluray. With DVD9 it would be like "I am stealthing around and sudden u need to swap discs" rofl.

nuff said.

chadwardennn

1.  Capcom, a Japanese company, made RE4, Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 for PS2 after all but promising they would only appear on GameCube.  Nintendo, a Japanese company, totally screwed Sony by publicly breaking their deal to make a combo SuperNES-CD peripheral back in the early 90s.  Konami, a Japanese company, published MGS 2: Substance for XBox.  I don't think your argument from nationality holds any water.

2. MGS 4 was made for PS3, or is being made, sure.  RE4 was made for GameCube.  Oblivion was made for PC and 360.  GTA: San Andreas was made for PS2.  Good programmers use what tools are available to pull off the tricks they want to pull off.  If they can't do it one way, they do it another way.  Was the GC version of RE4 the best one?  Yes.  I still played the hell out of it on PS2 and absolutely adored it.  This was even though all the lighting effects, the textures and real-time cutscenes took a major hit on the puny PS2's hardware.

3.  Octo-cam?  Oh please.  See # 2.

4.  How huge is huge?  How do you know?  Maybe you're privy to some information that I'm not.  Is it San Andreas-huge?  Even if it were to force disc-swaps on 360, I hope you agree that MGS fans have no issue with waiting between gameplay sequences.  Half of MGS is about waiting between gameplay sequences.  The other half is about waiting for guards to move out of the way.  MGS fans are used to waiting.

5.  You don't need HDMI for 1080p; not every TV that can draw 1080p can take it from a component signal input, but then again not every TV can draw 1080p; and not every TV has HDMI either.  Do you really think this game is being built to play only for people who own PS3 AND a TV that has both HDMI AND 1080p, ad for people who have a 7.1 setup besides?  I hope you realize that if Konami intends to sell only to such people, it intends to produce a giant failure in MGS 4, because it will sell to a pathetically small number of users.

I'm not convinced that MGS 4 will appear elsewhere than PS3, but your reasoning is completely broken and empty.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.briguyb13

lol so agreed. Oh man MGS4 is out, I just have to go spend $600 more dollars so I can play it. I think not. The price and the price alone is whats holding me back, not the games. So having a new game release isn't going to change anything for me. It will still be a $600 system (if no price drop), and I will still refuse to get one. I am waiting until it drops to around $450. And I will only buy it then if it is doing good. If it isn't I will just let the PS3 pass me by completely. Because if it isn't doing good, I can't see wasting even $450 on a dieing system. The price alone is what killed everything for me. I had the PS1 and have the PS2, so it was only natural that I would want a PS3. And when they anounced the PS3, I was so hyped. But then later down the road they released the price and once I heard $600, I totally lost interest and decided I would wait until it dropped in price, or just not get one at all and get one of the other 2 consoles.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.chadwardennn

lol, yeah, I'll spend $660+ to pay one game.  

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I agree his reasoning was poor...but I think alot of MGS fans will get a PS3 for MGS4. The reason I got a PS3 was so I can have MGS4 and FF13..I got it waaaaaaay too early..but I still got it for those reasons.
chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chadwardennn
[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.Legendaryscmt

there are a lot of rich ppl in this world, u would be surprised.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
There's one reason and one reason only. Kojima doesn't want it to. Don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise. If Kojima changes his mind, it will go multi-plat, if not it will stay exclusive. That's all there is too it. Nothing else.
Deactivation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Deactivation
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts

There's one reason and one reason only. Kojima doesn't want it to. Don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise. If Kojima changes his mind, it will go multi-plat, if not it will stay exclusive. That's all there is too it. Nothing else.goblaa

What he said. And for the record: You gave the absolute worst reasons ever, for something everyone should already know to be true. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
1. Japanese ppl have honor and respect. Konami wont backstab sony.chadwardennn

Capcom is Japanese too... :|

And how do you blame a third party for wanting to make money?
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]

nuff said.

WeeWeeJumbo

1.  Capcom, a Japanese company, made RE4, Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7 for PS2 after all but promising they would only appear on GameCube.  Nintendo, a Japanese company, totally screwed Sony by publicly breaking their deal to make a combo SuperNES-CD peripheral back in the early 90s.  Konami, a Japanese company, published MGS 2: Substance for XBox.  I don't think your argument from nationality holds any water.

2. MGS 4 was made for PS3, or is being made, sure.  RE4 was made for GameCube.  Oblivion was made for PC and 360.  GTA: San Andreas was made for PS2.  Good programmers use what tools are available to pull off the tricks they want to pull off.  If they can't do it one way, they do it another way.  Was the GC version of RE4 the best one?  Yes.  I still played the hell out of it on PS2 and absolutely adored it.  This was even though all the lighting effects, the textures and real-time cutscenes took a major hit on the puny PS2's hardware.

3.  Octo-cam?  Oh please.  See # 2.

4.  How huge is huge?  How do you know?  Maybe you're privy to some information that I'm not.  Is it San Andreas-huge?  Even if it were to force disc-swaps on 360, I hope you agree that MGS fans have no issue with waiting between gameplay sequences.  Half of MGS is about waiting between gameplay sequences.  The other half is about waiting for guards to move out of the way.  MGS fans are used to waiting.

5.  You don't need HDMI for 1080p; not every TV that can draw 1080p can take it from a component signal input, but then again not every TV can draw 1080p; and not every TV has HDMI either.  Do you really think this game is being built to play only for people who own PS3 AND a TV that has both HDMI AND 1080p, ad for people who have a 7.1 setup besides?  I hope you realize that if Konami intends to sell only to such people, it intends to produce a giant failure in MGS 4, because it will sell to a pathetically small number of users.

I'm not convinced that MGS 4 will appear elsewhere than PS3, but your reasoning is completely broken and empty.

Hmmm....Looks at it for a second......smells it real quick....... tries to understand what it is.........
I got it OWNED!
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

Exclusitivity: According to Kojima, the PS3 is like a movie theater while the 360 is like a DVD player. He said, ""But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform""

thats why! 

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Wazzat wazzat wazzat...wazzatwazzat  ol' Wii gotz? ain't gotz no stealth actionzzz thats what. Wazzatwazzatwazzatwazzat....wazzatwazzat ol' treysiddy gotz? ain't gotz no banana camouflagezz thas whas it ain't gotz.

Wazzatwazzatwazzatwazzat......wazzat ol' PStrizzle gotz? no MGS4 tillz 2008, thas what it gotz.

SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts

chadwardennn

Hello? Tell that to Nintendo when every company went the Sony way.

rappid_rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rappid_rabbit
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts

nuff said.

chadwardennn

Damn Chad you still alive? 

chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chadwardennn

[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]1. Japanese ppl have honor and respect. Konami wont backstab sony.foxhound_fox

Capcom is Japanese too... :|

And how do you blame a third party for wanting to make money?

Capcome rofl, they are an exception.
They are VERY moneyhungry, and cant keep their words.

Just look at RE4.. rofl.

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
There's been just short of million threads on this board arguing either way.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
5. 1080p and 7.1 sound. u need HDMI.chadwardennn
My 1080p over component TV would like a word with you.  As for 7.1, there's always Dolby Digital EX, but there's no demand for a realtime encoder.
Seriously, where did you get your technical education?
gohan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 gohan_3
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts
wow, just wow, do you really think they would set a disc swap point in the middle of a level, no they would put a swap point at the end of a mission or something,
m_lop01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 m_lop01
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

Exclusitivity: According to Kojima, the PS3 is like a movie theater while the 360 is like a DVD player. He said, ""But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform""

thats why! 

Adrian_Cloud

All the movies that I can see on a "Theater", I can watch them on a "DVD player" too. I know is not the same experience but I really enjoy my dvd player.

The_Daw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 The_Daw
Member since 2004 • 732 Posts

What about Capcom?

Capcom said this about DMC4.

3. Octocam only possible with cell. I do not know how it is useing it so  "no comment"

Intresting to see how it goes. Blu-Ray may be needed but multi dvds would be ok if no back-tracking

Fair enough. But personally I'd prefer a decent game than something with bells and whistles. But if they can pull it off my hat goes off.

nuff said.

chadwardennn
gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts

nuff said.

chadwardennn
1. Japanese people also play the XBOX 360 ... u fail here 2. It was made for the PS3, but there's no reason it won't run without the Cell. 3. Octocam is not a separate application, it's a robot within the game, it will run without the Cell. 4. MGS4 may be huge, but it has yet to be proven that you must use the Bluray. 5. 1080p can be done via component. 7.1 sound, maybe not. gnutux
KrazyKev26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KrazyKev26
Member since 2005 • 956 Posts
[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.Legendaryscmt

Dude by the time it comes out the price would have dropped.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts

chadwardennn

wow, I LOLed so long for that!!!!  All dev's are in it for 1 thing; to make money.  and as of right now, the PS3 doesn't look very promising for that sort of stuff.  There is no honor in business; everything is done for a profit.  Were they "honorable" when they canned MGS2 for the N64?  No, they just saw what would make them the biggest profit.    
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.briguyb13

Yeah just like it did on the xbox, lol. It selled poorly on the xbox and is why Kojima doesnt wanna dissappoint his fans, and he also wants to utilize the true capabilities that the ps3 has to offer, not make it go multiplatform and make it more stressing on him to try an water it down from the ps3 version. It will stay a ps3 exclusive but maybe like a year or so head over to the xbox 360, if he wants to make a little more money.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

Yes, there are System Sellers, but MGS is not one of them. MGS sells more in America and anywhere else, and even then compared to the real hot tickets (FF, DQ, GT) sales of MGS are a joke. And there is a comfort zone beyond which most people won't buy anything regardless of its value. Otherwise, HDTVs would be flying off the shelves by now (and they're not--they're only moving slowly and steadily despite the analog cutoff being less than two years away).

PS. Remember, Konami holds joint copyright on the Metal Gear name since the concept was made under its studios. Suppose Konami forces Kojima's hand?

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HuusAsking

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.squallff8_fan

Yeah just like it did on the xbox, lol. It selled poorly on the xbox and is why Kojima doesnt wanna dissappoint his fans, and he also wants to utilize the true capabilities that the ps3 has to offer, not make it go multiplatform and make it more stressing on him to try an water it down from the ps3 version. It will stay a ps3 exclusive but maybe like a year or so head over to the xbox 360, if he wants to make a little more money.

Because MGS2 was timed exclusive. What if Konami forces Kojima to make a day and date multiplat like GTA4 will be?
Shadow_Fax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shadow_Fax
Member since 2004 • 91 Posts

chadwardennn

Yeah, indeed. Much like Square Enix "didn't" backstab Nintendo back in the 90s.

Won't even bother to comment about the PS3's awesome technological advantage, which seems to be Sony's puppies' only concern. Might slightly agree with you on the blue ray disc thing but, there is nothing PS3 can play and PC can't, and atm, the majority of the "mobile" storage hardware are DVDs, which have way lower storage capacity than the blue ray - but I still don't see a problem with all the new and "huge" games coming out for the PC.  

Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]

jdbthexboxgamr

LOL,there is where i stopped reading......

You damn well know you read the whole thing.. 

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts
[QUOTE="squallff8_fan"]

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.HuusAsking

Because MGS2 was timed exclusive. What if Konami forces Kojima to make a day and date multiplat like GTA4 will be?

Dude Hideo Kojima calls the shots when it comes to MGS and if he wants to make it go multiplat then he would but from past sales of his game on the xbox it didnt do well, so he doesnt want to take a risk and besides he said he wanted to work with the ps3 to get the full potential out of MGS4 out of the PS3 and doesnt want to hold anything back from having to work with different systems, so basically he wants to take full advantage of the ps3 hardware for his amazing title and not let any other systems hold his title from being down graded.

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts

mgs4 wont outsell halo 3.
HeHateMe_basic

I could care less about HAlo 3 in comparison to MGS4.

And well yea this sounds like a flamebait. 

useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts
your first point is horsecrap, business is business.
raualex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raualex
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

another one of these :s

chadwardennn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chadwardennn
[QUOTE="chadwardennn"]

hamstergeddon

wow, I LOLed so long for that!!!! All dev's are in it for 1 thing; to make money. and as of right now, the PS3 doesn't look very promising for that sort of stuff. There is no honor in business; everything is done for a profit. Were they "honorable" when they canned MGS2 for the N64? No, they just saw what would make them the biggest profit.

[QUOTE="briguyb13"]Let's be honest here,Konami would be foolish to say the least if they did'nt port it to the 360.They are about making money,are they not?When ever this game comes out the ps3 user base will still be relatively small,and not everyone with a ps3 will buy this game.I can almost guarantee that this game will go to the 360,and sell more copies on the 360 than the ps3.squallff8_fan

thats what i am trying to say all time. 

XINTSUAI2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 XINTSUAI2
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

Because the X360 can't run this game...

Not has the process power to do this, and not have media to allocate also.

readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts

dmc4 

Could be adapted for 360's triple core processor.

This is ridiculous as Ubisoft managed real time gameplay control in another screen with Ghost Recon. Its possibly on 360.

Oh noes, i have to change 1 disc after about 10-15 hours of gameplay in. What will i do?

Who actually has 7.1 surround at the moment anyway?

nuff said.

chadwardennn
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HuusAsking
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="squallff8_fan"]

Dude Hideo Kojima calls the shots when it comes to MGS and if he wants to make it go multiplat then he would but from past sales of his game on the xbox it didnt do well, so he doesnt want to take a risk and besides he said he wanted to work with the ps3 to get the full potential out of MGS4 out of the PS3 and doesnt want to hold anything back from having to work with different systems, so basically he wants to take full advantage of the ps3 hardware for his amazing title and not let any other systems hold his title from being down graded.

Point is, Konami still writes his paycheck. What if Konami forces Kojima's hand due to lack of audience. Remember, MGS is not as strong a system seller as cows would have you believe, and the PS3's audience is dead last compared to Wii and 360 (and will be probably thorugh the MGS4 launch).
Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Demetri_OS
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
Devil May Cry, Creed, etc. All sorts of other 3rd party games that would "never" go multiplat - and they did. MGS 4 is 360 bound. It's just a matter of time.