Why Manhunt 2 should NOT be banned ^_^

This topic is locked from further discussion.

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts

Sup people,

Ok, now i have been looking at all these topics about how manhunt 2 should be banned and how it's going too far and others who say for it to at least not go to the Wii. I wish to speak on behalf of all those who actually are really looking forward to this game because either they like the concept or played the first Manhunt on the PS2 or PC and loved it. 

First the kids...it's an adult game and that's what the rating system is for! here is a hint parents...if your child is not alowed to by it by law on

thier own then you should get it for them. A MA 15+ restricted label is a sign to not buy it for your 9 year old! The whole game must be baned

instead of you taking a few seconds to look at the bottom left hand corner for it's rating?

Now for those who fear it's taking it too faar...that's your opinion and you are entitled to it but don't blow it for those who don't think it's too

faar. I don't think it's too far and look forward to it.

Lastly to the people who worry about the crazy people who may get inspired by this game... let's be blunt. If your screwed in the head you 

will get motivated by anything with voilence but for us normal people it doesn't do anything! I grew up playing all types of games and loved

the bloody ones yet in real life i'm that nice in the group of friends. How is this...i love mario too! Lol, i know it's just a game and it won't affect

me upstairs ^_^ I think chill out to the people worrying is needed. I played the first heaps yet i wouldn't even push a guy if i could avoid it in real life.

i feel better getting this off my chest now, lol. Those who agree with this game feel free to talk about it..anyway have a nice day or night everyone!!! Oh and yes i have spaces between my sentences...i have no idea why my comp does that

lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts

should it be banned-no,banning a game isnt fair to the developers.its not there fault most parents suck these days.but im not going to buy it or support it.

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
I wish people would quit with the Manhunt 2 topics, complaining about this game on a message board is in no way going to effect the release of this game. Furthermore, banning this game is just going to feel like a trivial witch hunt 10 years from now when we ask ourselves if this was really necessary?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I am generally against most forms of censorship.  People just need to use common sense and enforce age limits.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

As long as this game is rated either M for Mature or AO (adults only) it's legal. 

Then it cannot be sold to minors. Also, it cannot be banned. Jack Thompson can't do ANYTHING.

august_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 august_king
Member since 2005 • 184 Posts
Manhunt is still one of the most incredible games I've played in the last couple of years. No stealth style game comes close to the level of tension and anticipation you feel when you sneak up behind your first foe and take him out in a gruesome manner with a shard of glass. This game is not meant to be played or enjoyed by kids. Hence the M-RATING! Don't ban the game! If you don't like the game, don't buy it. It's as simple as that. Parents should be more aware of what they allow their kids to purchase. Rockstar is taking a chance by releasing it on the Nintendo Wii, which is a surprise considering the fact that Wii is a kid-friendly console. However I think the gameplay will be even better than the PS2 version.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
I agree with Jack Thompson, "hyperviolent" video games should not be sold to minors. But, as far as a game being banned? Nah, that's going too far. There is a movie out that depcited the assasination of our current president, why wasn't that banned?
Lucifer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lucifer007
Member since 2006 • 1132 Posts
Yeah I've seen parents buy all sorts of violent games, Then get mad at the companies.
thardus317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thardus317
Member since 2004 • 6400 Posts
I hate the whole governmental "War on Video Games" garbage. All the censorship rules and regulations do is interfere with people's ability to use their own common sense and make their own decisions.
NearTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NearTheEnd
Member since 2002 • 12184 Posts

1st Amendment. /discussion

Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts

1st Amendment. /discussion

NearTheEnd

Censorship of videoblogs from US marines in Iraq. Reopen discussion!

tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 tobenator
Member since 2005 • 3777 Posts

This game will be M, so there isn't any reason for it to be banned.  I won't support it, but if someone wants to buy it, no one can stop them.  This is America. 

Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts

The PEGI system in Sweden is only a recommendation. A 10 year old can buy a game with a 15+ rating.

But I don't think Manhunt should get banned anyway. 

Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

I have not decided if I will get the game, but I don't think it should be banned.

If parents are so out of touch with what there kids are doing THEY need to be the ones punished.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts

no game should ever be banned on any system...ever imho. they should certainly be rated and certain users should be banned from buying those games but the games themselves should never be banned.

manhunt2 is going to be M/18s rated i assume. as long as thats the case, and as long as adds are not aimed at children or anything like that, then i see no problem at all with the release of this game on any console. if parents buy manhunt for their children then there accountable, not the game companies. if a shop sells a the game to a minor then the shop is accountable.

as for banning it on wii specifically? Wii is aimed at everybody, including adults. itd be nice to have more adult themed games on the wii. im sure there are many more kids that have a PS2 (or access to one) at the moment so should that mean it should be banned on PS2? 

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Manhunt is still one of the most incredible games I've played in the last couple of years. No stealth style game comes close to the level of tension and anticipation you feel when you sneak up behind your first foe and take him out in a gruesome manner with a shard of glass. This game is not meant to be played or enjoyed by kids. Hence the M-RATING! Don't ban the game! If you don't like the game, don't buy it. It's as simple as that. Parents should be more aware of what they allow their kids to purchase. Rockstar is taking a chance by releasing it on the Nintendo Wii, which is a surprise considering the fact that Wii is a kid-friendly console. However I think the gameplay will be even better than the PS2 version.august_king

My thoughts exactly. People whine and complain about games being too violent and leaving a bad impression on kids, well jesus christ, if you let your 8 year old kid play Grand Theft Auto it could easily leave a bad impression that violence is fun and should be enjoyed, when that is the exact opposite image that video game companies want. Games are meant to excite and thrill us, it has seriously been a good while since a game has attempted to scare me or thrill me and just blow my mind with how great it is. The last game that tried to scare me was probably Doom 3 and it was a mediocre scare factor at that, I would say Half Life is scarier.